PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen fans

19-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Was having a wee snoop on one a there forums about the semi final, before our tickets went on sale they were adamant we would only sell 15k and they would sell around the same, we are close to 19k with 3 days to go and they are only at 12k. Got to laugh and their confidence. I think we have a real chance at beating them, our fans will be the 12th man for us, ive noticed our players start getting really hyped up when our support is in full voice. Im going 2-1 Hibs, both shinnies to score and Cummings with the winner. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
19-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Look at the kick off time, the fact it's their 2nd trip to Hampden this season after loosing. This time last year our semi final was hardly a big crowd. I don't think crowds mean anything, we outnumbered Ross County fans and look what happened there!

19-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Look at the kick off time, the fact it's their 2nd trip to Hampden this season after loosing. This time last year our semi final was hardly a big crowd. I don't think crowds mean anything, we outnumbered Ross County fans and look what happened there!
Team have more conifidence now, totally different situation

19-04-2017, 03:00 PM

And so what about the kick off time. Over 600 Hibees me included made the trip down to Shrewsbury 12.30 kick off on a sunday for a pre season friendly. Its all about effort

SChibs
19-04-2017, 03:08 PM
And so what about the kick off time. Over 600 Hibees me included made the trip down to Shrewsbury 12.30 kick off on a sunday for a pre season friendly. Its all about effort

Aye but there was £2 pints of anything you wanted in shrewsbury!

Swedish hibee
19-04-2017, 03:17 PM

It was only a few weeks since we couldn't beat Dumbarton. At home. In front of a big crowd.
And only a few weeks since Aberdeen enilated a team by 7.

I'm all for confidence for fans but it will be a very difficult game. Aberdeen have very good attack forwards.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Aberdeen have delusions of grandeur and will be put back in their place on Saturday

Betty Boop
19-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Aberdeen have delusions of grandeur and will be put back in their place on Saturday

Put back in their place ? Let's leave that chat to the Jambos.

19-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I agree hibs seem to get themselves fired up more for the bigger games and thats where some of our best performances have come, and I think it really does give the players a huge lift if they have a big support in full voice getting behind them. But crowd size will not affect the result, the Livingston cup final in 2004 when we took nearly 40k fans along is proof of that lol!

Never the less lets give the boys the backing they desereve and outsing the sheep from the very start :thumbsup::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Put back in their place ? Let's leave that chat to the Jambos.

They probably annoy me more than they should. I know a few sheep and they see themselves as the 3rd biggest club in the land. Scottish football history has been so heavily dominated by the old firm that if Alloa won a barrel load of trophys over a decade they'd become the 3rd most successful club. Aberdeen for a club doing so well in the league the last few seasons (baring in mind Hibs, Hearts and Rangers we're basket cases) and with their catchment area are drawing woefull crowds, play in an absolute dump of a stadium and haven't won at Ibrox in 30 years or something, third biggest club? They don't even have a training ground. To me they are the club who lost 9-0 to Celtic and escaped relegation on a technicality. They will be behind sevco next season, will be behind us soon enough and if Hearts punt Cathro behind them too. Hope we hammer them.

Springbank
19-04-2017, 04:54 PM
It was only a few weeks since we couldn't beat Dumbarton. At home. In front of a big crowd.
And only a few weeks since Aberdeen enilated a team by 7.

I'm all for confidence for fans but it will be a very difficult game. Aberdeen have very good attack forwards.

Since we won it last season, and took away literally ALL the pressure from us this weekend (we can just go and enjoy ourselves) I'd say that out of everyone else in Scottish football Aberdeen have now got the most pressure on their shoulders, as a club, when it comes to the Scottish Cup.

27 years of underachieving, rarely in semis, let alone finals, getting pumped 4-0 by Stenhousemuir and the likes.

And when they do get to semis they have memories of losing to Queen of the South, the Pat Fenlon iteration of Hibs, being 1-0 up against St Johnstone then Stevie May single handedly papped them out the cup with a double...

If they blow a lead, or go behind, there's only one winner.

I personally would go for 2-1 Hibs, with goals from Rooney, Ambrose & Cummings :flag:

anon1875
19-04-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm at work so can't google this. What channel can I catch the game on Saturday? Can't go because I've got the wee man and he's still too young.

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm at work so can't google this. What channel can I catch the game on Saturday? Can't go because I've got the wee man and he's still too young.

Bbc 1 and sky sports

green day
19-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Since we won it last season, and took away literally ALL the pressure from us this weekend (we can just go and enjoy ourselves) I'd say that out of everyone else in Scottish football Aberdeen have now got the most pressure on their shoulders, as a club, when it comes to the Scottish Cup.

27 years of underachieving, rarely in semis, let alone finals, getting pumped 4-0 by Stenhousemuir and the likes.

And when they do get to semis they have memories of losing to Queen of the South, the Pat Fenlon iteration of Hibs, being 1-0 up against St Johnstone then Stevie May single handedly papped them out the cup with a double...

If they blow a lead, or go behind, there's only one winner.

I personally would go for 2-1 Hibs, with goals from Rooney, Ambrose & Cummings :flag:

Liking that bit, I have cash on them scoring and Hibs winning the tie :greengrin:greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
19-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Liking that bit, I have cash on them scoring and Hibs winning the tie :greengrin:greengrin I just want to see Big Efe celebrate again:flag:

.Sean.
19-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Aberdeen have delusions of grandeur and will be put back in their place on Saturdaythats what I'm talking about :aok:

Some Hibs supporters have us beat already. It's Aberdeen no Barcelona. Canny wait to turn the ****s over

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2017, 06:37 PM
thats what I'm talking about :aok:

Some Hibs supporters have us beat already. It's Aberdeen no Barcelona. Canny wait to turn the ****s over

In fairness most Aberdeen fans think they just need to turn up.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2017, 06:54 PM

Agree totally. If we were playing Dumbarton and other tom kite like that then I can see why folk might want to try and tone down the hype.

Playing a decent, but emminently beatable side, I think a bit faith and belief is justified and needed.

To me there is little to choose between the sides, fundamentally it will come down to the fine margins. I´m anticipating a rip roaring game with the Hibees coming out on top.

No matter what, I´m proud that the team have had such a good campaign in the defence of our trophy. Hampden will be rocking on Saturday.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2017, 10:09 PM
So far as the size of the various supports on Saturday I subscribe to something I read a couple of years ago where a famous manager, cant remember who it was, said that in modern football professional payers don't get intimidated by big home supports any more, but what does make a difference is that a big noisy support can spur the home team to greater effort which is why teams tend to perform better at home than they do away.

If that is true then our bigger support should help the team, even though technically we are not at home hopefully its going to feel like it :aok:

Sir David Gray
19-04-2017, 10:40 PM

Exactly.

The way some people have been talking down our chances, you would think that this was a side who had just won the Champions League and had players worth millions of pounds in their team.

Aberdeen are a good team by Scottish standards, there's no getting away from that and we'll need to play our best match of the season if we're going to beat them but don't tell me that we can't pull this out of the bag. We have an impressive defensive record, I realise that's based on matches in the Championship but we have guys in there who could easily fit into Aberdeen's squad. If you don't concede goals then that's a good starting point.

I honestly feel we can win this on Saturday.

19-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I feel we will win. Im taking my wee cousin who is a good luck charm. Her first ever game was the cup final and we won it and every game shes been to after that weve won lol

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Their fans are bigging up their chances but staying away in their droves. Funny that.

Let's hope their players don't fancy it either

monktonharp
20-04-2017, 12:18 AM
I am stll a bit wary, of the outcome but as most of the posts already, we are not in the habit of losing lots of goals and therefore a lot of games. we have a few players that certainly rise to the big game occasion, eg;Mc Ginn, Gray, Mc Gregor and the likes of Fyvie. Add Cummings, and perhaps a couple of good performances from wee Loui, Hanlon and Suirrel then we have every chance. suddenly feeling a bit more confident now that we have the league situation done.:hibees

neil7908
20-04-2017, 07:19 AM
We're the underdogs going into this game, make no mistake about it.

On the plus side its easily the most relaxed I've felt going to Hampden. Absolutely no pressure on us after clinching promotion and winning the cup last year.

I worry that we haven't played any real top quality sides this year and will need to be at our absolute best for this one.

Lennon will get the players fired up without a doubt and if we play as we can then I fancy us.

CockneyRebel
20-04-2017, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=KingDomofFife84;5015607]They probably annoy me more than they should. I know a few sheep and they see themselves as the 3rd biggest club in the land. Scottish football history has been so heavily dominated by the old firm that if Alloa won a barrel load of trophys over a decade they'd become the 3rd most successful club. Aberdeen for a club doing so well in the league the last few seasons (baring in mind Hibs, Hearts and Rangers we're basket cases) and with their catchment area are drawing woefull crowds, play in an absolute dump of a stadium and haven't won at Ibrox in 30 years or something, third biggest club? They don't even have a training ground. To me they are the club who lost 9-0 to Celtic and escaped relegation on a technicality.

Also they are the club who committed the crime of the century by siding with the OF over voting rights. I never understood the motive behind this as 10 clubs were "put in their place".

JimBHibees
20-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Also they are the club who committed the crime of the century by siding with the OF over voting rights. I never understood the motive behind this as 10 clubs were "put in their place".

Was that ever fully explained as it made absolutely no sense whatsoever then and still doesnt.