PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Suspensions

Fergus52
19-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Should we manage to overcome the sheep on Saturday will any of our players be suspended for the final if they pick up another yellow?

The Sundance Kid
19-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Should we manage to overcome the sheep on Saturday will any of our players be suspended for the final if they pick up another yellow?

John McGinn, Andrew Shinnie and Jordon Forster are the 3 players a booking away from missing the final I believe

pontius pilate
19-04-2017, 12:10 PM
John McGinn, Andrew Shinnie and Jordon Forster are the 3 players a booking away from missing the final I believe

If that's the case I would be cautious and not play SJM controversial I know but I'd rather have him for the final.

GGTTH

we are hibs
19-04-2017, 12:12 PM
If that's the case I would be cautious and not play SJM controversial I know but I'd rather have him for the final.

GGTTH

Thats a ludicrious comment. If we don't play McGinn we probably won't even reach the final.

Lee Marvin
19-04-2017, 12:13 PM

GGTTH

Lol

bod
19-04-2017, 12:16 PM

GGTTH

are you Derek McInnes by any chance ?:thumbsup:

Ilovehibs
19-04-2017, 12:36 PM

GGTTH

Got to play him! But guarantee Beaton will book him for nothing so he misses the final (if we make it!)

woodythehibee
19-04-2017, 12:39 PM

GGTTH

:faf::faf:

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 12:50 PM

GGTTH

😂😂😂

jonny
19-04-2017, 12:52 PM
I thought that booking points reset after the 1/4 to prevent yellow cards meaning that players would miss the final.
I'm sure that rule was introduced a couple of years ago - might've been​ another competition though.

hibbysam
19-04-2017, 12:59 PM
I thought that booking points reset after the 1/4 to prevent yellow cards meaning that players would miss the final.
I'm sure that rule was introduced a couple of years ago - might've been​ another competition though.

Nope, the Hun centre half missed last year due to a booking against Celtic. Ludicrous, I agree. Two bookings over 6 games and you miss a cup final. Shocking, thankfully for us its a yearly occurrence but for smaller sides like The Rangers, it may never come around again.

Deansy
19-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Beaton will have his orders direct from the GFA to book at least one, if not all, of these players on Saturday - straight-red ear-marked for Cummings if he as much as looks in Beaton's direction.

wfortune
19-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Is Jordan not already suspended, booked against Bonnyrigg and Ayr?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

19-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Is Jordan not already suspended, booked against Bonnyrigg and Ayr?

Just checked BBC website and he didn't get booked against Bonnyrigg.

churchie16
19-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Did Darren mcgregor not get booked home and away against hearts?

Gmack7
19-04-2017, 09:24 PM
And was suspended for the Ayr game I think

wfortune
19-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Just checked BBC website and he didn't get booked against Bonnyrigg.
He did for the penalty, unless I imagined it.

corby hibee
19-04-2017, 10:41 PM
I would take a Mcginn booking for a place in the final.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2017, 10:45 PM

GGTTH

I'll have some of whatever you've been smoking!

Do you fancy a job with Ian Cathro? :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
19-04-2017, 11:42 PM
I would take a Mcginn booking for a place in the final.

As long as McGeouch and Fyvie are both fit :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2017, 11:59 PM

GGTTHWhat final? We aren't in a final.

Saturday is the one that matters. No one has ever won the Scottish cup final without winning the semi final first.

pontius pilate
20-04-2017, 06:30 AM
So I'm bein slaughtered for suggesting leaving SJM out of the semi thinking ahead that we get to the final. Yet some would be happy enough to not have him for the final if we get there. I don't get how it's ok to play Bartley Fyvie Mcgeough Shinnie for a final if we get there but not in a semi. I know you have got to play your strongest team and it might be the case that he deosbt get booked but if he does it say we are more screwed without AIM in the final. IMO of course.

GGTTH