PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Hughes on Rudi!

where'stheslope
19-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Can't believe ma eyes when read this:
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/18/raith-rovers-boss-john-hughes-hails-hearts-legend-rudi-skacel-inspiration-player-coach/?platform=hootsuite

Has Yogi lost his green tinted glasses or stopped being a Hibs Fan??????

Hiber-nation
19-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Who cares what Yogi has to say about anything these days, never mind that nonentity.

connerg
19-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Who cares what Yogi has to say about anything these days, never mind that nonentity.

:top marks

JDHibs
19-04-2017, 10:00 AM

This.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Good job Yogi wasn't there to watch him forget about his job at ER in his attempts to wind us up .... not much professionalism that day.

Maybe now that he's sponged as much as he can from the maroon suckers Rudi's angling for an appreciation dinner from the Raith Rovers fans and has asked Yogi to talk him up a bit :greengrin

Vini1875
19-04-2017, 10:21 AM
What would you expect him to say? Yogi has to get the best from the players he has, so he gives skacel a wee gee up in the papers. At one time skacel could play, its just bitter to think all their players have been s****. Probably best to ignore him if he can get under your skin, he's a nobody now.

lapsedhibee
19-04-2017, 10:28 AM
At one time skacel could play, its just bitter to think all their players have been s****. Probably best to ignore him if he can get under your skin, he's a nobody now.
Correct. Hurly Burley's team, with him in it, was probably the best Hearts side since they won the League Cup with Willie Hamilton playing for them.

Kato
19-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Yogi flits between being a Celtic fan or a Hibs fan - whatever suits at the time. It suits him also to bolster his staff. Being a Shammy-Leather of the highest order helps when doing the latter.

Bristolhibby
19-04-2017, 10:32 AM
BTW Raith are the only team that we haven't beaten this season.

For that reason alone I want us to win. Also to suck Satchel down into a relegation battle.

J

Jim44
19-04-2017, 11:17 AM
This says more about Hughes than it does about Scatchel.

jacomo
19-04-2017, 11:28 AM
One of Yogi's flaws - and one of the reasons he lost his job at Hibs - is the stream of consciousness that comes out of his mouth whenever a microphone is near.

I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Andy74
19-04-2017, 11:34 AM
This says more about Hughes than it does about Scatchel.

In what way? Its just a manager talking a little positively about one of his players.

ben johnson
19-04-2017, 11:36 AM
More concerned that Raith could kick us off the park midweek. Yogi has previous with Falkirk especially the game at ER in 2006. It was a shambles from start to finish with 2 men from each side sent off. Only two during the game. They had a substitute sent off and we had Brown sent off after FT. Falkirk a disgrace that day and Yogi at the helm. After the game Yogi was in a pub that a friend of mine owned. I told him he should have barred Hughes. He told me that he had a better idea and I should come down and tell Yogi he was barred.

WeeRussell
19-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Sorry - don't get the outrage.

Yogi doesn't mention Hibs once in the article, and talks positively about someone who is now his player. I wouldn't expect him to change what he says just because we all think the player in question is a wee f@nny.

Jones28
19-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Is he talking more **** as he gets older or is it just me?

Pretty Boy
19-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I quite like Yogi but he's a total slaver.

Diclonius
19-04-2017, 12:24 PM
More concerned that Raith could kick us off the park midweek. Yogi has previous with Falkirk especially the game at ER in 2006. It was a shambles from start to finish with 2 men from each side sent off. Only two during the game. They had a substitute sent off and we had Brown sent off after FT. Falkirk a disgrace that day and Yogi at the helm. After the game Yogi was in a pub that a friend of mine owned. I told him he should have barred Hughes. He told me that he had a better idea and I should come down and tell Yogi he was barred.

Funnily​ enough, that was Liam Craig!

leither17
19-04-2017, 01:01 PM

Alan Freeland totally lost it that day

McD
19-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Yogi flits between being a Celtic fan or a Hibs fan - whatever suits at the time. It suits him also to bolster his staff. Being a Shammy-Leather of the highest order helps when doing the latter.

This did actually cause a genuine 'choke on drink' moment :tee hee:

Kato
19-04-2017, 01:47 PM
This did actually cause a genuine 'choke on drink' moment :tee hee:

Aye, "chamois" doesn't cut it. He is though. I remember him at a function telling the table about how much he hated Petrie and how he"would never ever, blahblahblah" - then when he did get the job telling the press that he didn't know where the rumours about him hating Petrie came from.

They came from him, and everyone knew because once he starts waffling he's like an old wifie visiting Scotmid for the first time in a couple of days.

emerald green
19-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Hughes :fibber: is simply "bigging up" Skacel as part of his desperate attempts to try to keep Raith Rovers from the drop.

Clutching at straws sprung to mind when I read that rubbish. Skacel is a washed up has been.

19-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Raith are not safe from relegation yet, of course he is gonna try and inject some confidence into his players. He's hardly going to put down his players just before he expects them to go on and fight for survival (well unless he's been taking tips from Terry Butcher that is!).

Skacels a well known cock and best known for being a yam arse sooker but I don't blame a manager for geeing up one of his players, especially at such a crucial part of the season for them.

Swedish hibee
19-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Whatever Yogi says he'll get stick on here from some. It's so unnecessary.
Leave the man alone to get on with his job as Raith Rovers manager. Good luck to him.

Davy Mac
19-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Coaches one of my laddies from time to time and he rates him TBF. Each to their own I suppose but Yogi's knows how to play the management script IMO.

Craig_HFC
19-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Yogi is a ****ing buffoon

bigwheel
19-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Yogi is a ****ing buffoon

Wow. Well he is a Scottish Cup winning , multi European qualifying one then .....

judas
19-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Yogi is (and has always been) a bigger slaver than a poachers dug.

Craig_HFC
19-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Wow. Well he is a Scottish Cup winning , multi European qualifying one then .....

Fitba folk ken whit ahm talkin' aboot

hibee316
19-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Can't believe ma eyes when read this:
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/18/raith-rovers-boss-john-hughes-hails-hearts-legend-rudi-skacel-inspiration-player-coach/?platform=hootsuite

Has Yogi lost his green tinted glasses or stopped being a Hibs Fan??????

I honestly don't get why this is a problem?

It seems what Hughes has said is more than fair. Skacel will be head and shoulders above all of the players at Raith with regards to footballing skills, which Hughes points out. He is also now slow as **** now, so a wee boost from the manager in the media could get a bit more out of him.

Do you want him Hughes to fire Skacel for being an ex-Jambo and an erse?!

judas
19-04-2017, 08:00 PM
I honestly don't get why this is a problem?

It seems what Hughes has said is more than fair. Skacel will be head and shoulders above all of the players at Raith with regards to footballing skills, which Hughes points out. He is also now slow as **** now, so a wee boost from the manager in the media could get a bit more out of him.

Do you want him Hughes to fire Skacel for being an ex-Jambo and an erse?!

Regarding your last paragraph, my answer is yes. You've pretty much nailed my best case outcome.

hibee316
19-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Regarding your last paragraph, my answer is yes. You've pretty much nailed my best case outcome.

Fair enough!

jgl07
19-04-2017, 09:22 PM
If he is such an inspiration, how come he has spent most of the season sitting on the bench?

Criswell
19-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Leaving Skacel aside(with pleasure!) was it not proved that although he came from Leith he was always a glory-hunting Celtic supporter.

Bostonhibby
19-04-2017, 10:05 PM
If he is such an inspiration, how come he has spent most of the season sitting on the bench?
It's perspiration, the gap between trudi's erse and the timber of the bench is so thin it was bound to happen. Compounded by dwindling revenue from soaking the cardigan wearers at events now they have to give all their loose change to Mrs Budge for the one stand they are building.

Yogi? Doing what he has to in an effort to save his current charges from relegation. The rest are probably performing as best they can and he's got to get this waster to finally do something other than be a celebrity yam who gets money from raith like the previous management allowed

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
19-04-2017, 10:34 PM
I never sang along with that rudeone ditty.
However, the man did emigrate over the water to Fife.

As for his 5 finger gesture?
He could manage to put them up his snozzle and still leave room for a 26 bus !

Pete
19-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure which part of this is supposed to make me angry.

Whatever it is it's out of order.

neil7908
20-04-2017, 04:10 AM
I'm not sure which part of this is supposed to make me angry.

Whatever it is it's out of order.

Down with this sort of thing.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2017, 05:34 AM
Shock horror, football manager talks sheite. :rolleyes: