PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tonight's games

BegbieHSC
18-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Obviously Leicester went out, but I watched that Bayern and Real game tonight in total disbelief.

Is there a problem with world-wide refereeing? Ref literally handed Real the game - dodgy red-card, and 2 offside goals sent Real in to the semis.

Anyone else see it? Genuinely disgraceful.

Top footballing authority in the world, with two of the world's best teams, and who's the star - the referee?

This is the same authority that gave our gaffer a 5 match touchline ban for what?

Auckland Hibs
18-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Obviously Leicester went out, but I watched that Bayern and Real game tonight in total disbelief.

Is there a problem with world-wide refereeing? Ref literally handed Real the game - dodgy red-card, and 2 offside goals sent Real in to the semis.

Anyone else see it? Genuinely disgraceful.

Top footballing authority in the world, with two of the world's best teams, and who's the star - the referee?

This is the same authority that gave our gaffer a 5 match touchline ban for what?

You can handle the odd decision going for/against you over the space of a season, but getting three massive decisions wrong in such a significant game is hard to swallow.

I'm not really for or against the whole TV/Replay/Video Ref but you would have to think that the more mistakes are made then then quicker it will be introduced.

Bayern must be fuming tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Real Madrid at home is the equivalent of Scottish teams going to Ibrox and Parkhead: you're playing twelve men. The amount of controversial calls that go the way of Real Madrid and Barcelona at home is incredible. I know I'm leaving myself open to accusations of paranoia here, but we all know the big teams get most of the calls, especially at home, all across the world. It's a bit like trying to get a boxing decision on points against a fighter on home soil: you have to knock him out to win. It shouldn't work that way, but we all know it does. Real Madrid are at the extreme end; to win there you need a two goal cushion. I'm reluctant to use the word cheating, but it's not far off.

hibsbollah
18-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Real Madrid at home is the equivalent of Scottish teams going to Ibrox and Parkhead: you're playing twelve men. The amount of controversial calls that go the way of Real Madrid and Barcelona at home is incredible. I know I'm leaving myself open to accusations of paranoia here, but we all know the big teams get most of the calls, especially at home, all across the world. It's a bit like trying to get a boxing decision on points against a fighter on home soil: you have to knock him out to win. It shouldn't work that way, but we all know it does. Real Madrid are at the extreme end; to win there you need a two goal cushion. I'm reluctant to use the word cheating, but it's not far off.

Bayern Munich is probably the most 'establishment' club on the planet. I'm not sure the big team vs wee team narrative holds water here, it's just stratospherically big team vs stratospherically big team.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Bayern Munich is probably the most 'establishment' club on the planet. I'm not sure the big team vs wee team narrative holds water here, it's just stratospherically big team vs stratospherically big team.

Of course, you're right in relation to Bayern being a massive club. I mean the difficulty ANY team has getting a result away to Real Madrid. Going there for any team means you're playing the officials as well. Even a club like Bayern Munich can't get a fair crack of the whip.

snooky
18-04-2017, 11:48 PM
The beautiful game is ugly now. Corruption is the only explanation. It's gone way beyond "human error."
Very sad indeed.

Haymaker
19-04-2017, 12:07 AM
On a side note, Ronaldo broke another record tonight. Plus first player to 100 CL league goals.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 12:16 AM
On a side note, Ronaldo broke another record tonight. Plus first player to 100 CL league goals.

Amazing statistic. Most players don't score a hundred goals in their career, let alone in one cup competition. He's one of the all time greats.

However, two of his goals tonight were offside; that's in addition to a terrible red card for Bayern, when it was Madrid who should have been down to ten men. It's the quarter final of the biggest club competition in the world; there's a referee, two assistants, a fourth official and two more behind the goals, yet so much can go the way of the home side. It's a disgrace.

Haymaker
19-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Amazing statistic. Most players don't score a hundred goals in their career, let alone in one cup competition. He's one of the all time greats.

However, two of his goals tonight were offside; that's in addition to a terrible red card for Bayern, when it was Madrid who should have been down to ten men. It's the quarter final of the biggest club competition in the world; there's a referee, two assistants, a fourth official and two more behind the goals, yet so much can go the way of the home side. It's a disgrace.

Happened in the Barca PSG game last round.

It's almost like two teams with huge appeal in the Americas (and elsewhere) couldn't possibly get knocked out early.

mjhibby
19-04-2017, 03:07 AM
The beautiful game is ugly now. Corruption is the only explanation. It's gone way beyond "human error."
Very sad indeed.

Lost interest in the champions league years ago when it became a competition for the moneyed few. It will soon be just for the so called big clubs and a revamped Europa league could be more appealing.

DH1875
19-04-2017, 06:34 AM
People are forgetting the dodgy decisions that went against Real in the first leg. Bayern were awarded a pen that was never a pen. Isn't Real's fault they didn't score it.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:46 PM
What are the odds Barcelona will use every trick in the book to get back into this tie?

lapsedhibee
19-04-2017, 06:50 PM
What are the odds Barcelona will use every trick in the book to get back into this tie?
Do they really need to? The officials will have been well briefed that the big team's to go through.

hibsbollah
19-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Mbappe gets Monaco off to a flyer 1-0,4-2 on aggregate. This boy could easily be the first £100 million player, unbelievable he's only 18.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Mbappe gets Monaco off to a flyer 1-0,4-2 on aggregate. This boy could easily be the first £100 million player, unbelievable he's only 18.

Aye, I'd like to see Mourinho try to sign him in the summer.

hibsbollah
19-04-2017, 07:10 PM
2-0 Falcao. They're awfy good.

yonder1875
19-04-2017, 07:12 PM
2-0 Falcao. They're awfy good.

Their team is gonna get ripped apart this summer, isn't it.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 07:14 PM

You would expect so, yes. It's likely they'll be a victim of their own success. You can't build a team these days, due to the money of the giants.

hibsbollah
19-04-2017, 07:16 PM

No doubt. Bernardo Silva, Bakayoko, Mbappe will all get plenty of interest. I'd take Benjamin Mendy as Lewis Stevenson's eventual replacement at Hibs :agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Do they really need to? The officials will have been well briefed that the big team's to go through.

Juve have a bit of form in the dubious decisions and outcomes sphere.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Juve have a bit of form in the dubious decisions and outcomes sphere.

i.e. match fixing :greengrin

Since90+2
19-04-2017, 07:22 PM
As expected the referee in the Barca game is being put under immense pressure constantly from the fans and players (and is handling it fairly well). Can you imagine guys like Collum , Beaton and Clancy ect in that sort of game? :faf::faf:

Haymaker
19-04-2017, 07:46 PM
What has happened to Falcao? He was epic, then utter pony for ages looking like his career was over, now epic again.

hfc rd
19-04-2017, 07:52 PM
What has happened to Falcao? He was epic, then utter pony for ages looking like his career was over, now epic again.

Got a very nasty injury before the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Couldn't really cut in the PL as didn't really adjust to the pace and physicality of the EPL and seemed to still be recovering from that horrific injury. Just never really settled at either Utd or Chelsea.

But it's great to see him back to his best.

Haymaker
19-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Got a very nasty injury before the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Couldn't really cut in the PL as didn't really adjust to the pace and physicality of the EPL and seemed to still be recovering from that horrific injury. Just never really settled at either Utd or Chelsea.

But it's great to see him back to his best.

Injury was nasty that's true but many players suffer them and return. Maybe he just loves living in Monaco?

GreenLake
19-04-2017, 07:59 PM
A good game to watch later where I am is Chivas vs Morelia in the Copa Mexico at 7pm PST. Should feature Javier 'La Chofis' Lopez.

hfc rd
19-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Injury was nasty that's true but many players suffer them and return. Maybe he just loves living in Monaco?

Who wouldn't, even on the wage he is on? 😎

hfc rd
19-04-2017, 08:04 PM
The more I watch Monaco, the more I think they could do it. Real Madrid are probably favourites but on any given day that Monaco team is capable of beating any of the four semi-finalists.

hibsbollah
19-04-2017, 08:15 PM
The more I watch Monaco, the more I think they could do it. Real Madrid are probably favourites but on any given day that Monaco team is capable of beating any of the four semi-finalists.

I agree, and I've said that from the group stages. What they've done in a very tough ligue 1 this season is amazing, with a load of young players no-one really had heard much about. I follow OM and when we had Mendy two years ago he was just a very fast but error prone left back. Now suddenly he looks like a faster version of Roberto Carlos.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 08:19 PM
I'd like to see either Monaco or Atletico win the European Cup for the first time.

heretoday
19-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Good ref at Barca tonight. He's not falling for any nonsense.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-04-2017, 08:26 PM
i.e. match fixing :greengrin

Im not suggesting that. Dont want my fiat to mysteriously explode or anything...!

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 08:29 PM
3-1 Monaco

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-04-2017, 08:29 PM
I'd like to see either Monaco or Atletico win the European Cup for the first time.

Id like them to do it. So close twice recently, and a harder wprking team i have yet to see.

Dont think they got the credit they deserved fpr winning la liga in the era or messi and ronaldo. Amazing achievement.

SteveHFC
19-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Credit to the Barca fans.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Four very good teams in the semi finals. Juventus thoroughly deserved it.