PDA

View Full Version : For those with kids...do they support Hibs?

G B Young
18-04-2017, 07:30 PM
I was speaking to a Hearts-supporting work colleague the other day who said he's struggling to retain his young son's interest in Hearts due to the largely dire fare they've been watching this season. His son's best friend supports Celtic and he's been making noises about wanting to go and watch them instead.

Got me wondering, does anyone on here have kids who DON'T support Hibs? During the largely awful years our club went through post-2007 I often struggled to summon up the enthusiasm to keep going to games, let along dragging the kids along! Obviously things are very much on the up these days, but I've never actually told them they HAVE to support Hibs - it's just naturally evolved that way. Would I actively try to prevent them supporting another team? Hard to say.

Dibben
18-04-2017, 07:35 PM
My wee lad is now 9 and loves Hibs, but when we had a Season ticket when Butcher was here it was hard to keep him interested ( he was 6 at the time to be fair!!) 😬

ieastherein1973
18-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Took both my son's from the age of 4/5 they are both adults now and season ticket holders, they never had an option, firmly believe that son's should follow their fathers team. Know at least one hibby who's son's a puddle drinker. Had many a tortuous journey back from hampden with them but 2007 and more importantly 2016 more than makes up for all the bad days x 10

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
18-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I couldn't imagine my kids not supporting Hibs.

If that ever even remotely started to happen I'd soon knock it on the head.

matty_f
18-04-2017, 07:45 PM
My three are Hibs daft. Probably get it from there mother's side...

swordin3
18-04-2017, 07:46 PM
I have four daughters including Triplets they all started of watching the Hibees around 6 years old .My oldest and one triplet have stayed the course and have been season ticket holders for 19 and 15 years respectively. The other 2 don't go anymore but cried buckets when watching the final at home then joined us for 2 days of celebrations after wards.:flag::flag::flag:

hailhail22
18-04-2017, 07:48 PM
My daughter is just coming up 9 months old, I took her on a tour of Easter Road when she was 9 days old, had her first Hibs strip a couple of weeks after she was born, Photo with the scottish cup when she was a month old and took her for a tour of hampden when she was a couple of months old to see where it all happened........ I dont think she is going to have much choice in the matter ☺️

madabouthibs
18-04-2017, 07:49 PM
My daughter stopped going around 2009 aged 13 about the time I started taking my son more often, age 10. She loved it, but I think she just kinda grew out of it. She'd been coming with me since about 5 years old. However, she still loves Hibs, was at the SC parade singing and dancing, and Her last words at her 21St birthday party speech in March was "Gaun the Hibees!" And the last song of the night was SOL.
I think she's getting it. 😁
My laddie? He was there, on the pitch. And no, he's no been lifted yet! 😁

WoreTheGreen
18-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Quote. Dad do i have to a Hibs fan" took him to front door put him outside and said if its not Hibs don't bother lnocking on the door . Been ST holder for 15 years. Tough Love but he is a hibee fanatic like the rest of us

18Hibee75
18-04-2017, 08:00 PM
I have two sons and a daughter, took them all at the same time once when they were 8, 5 and 3 my two sons (5 and 3 year old) are now both massive hibs fans who go to about 30-35 games a season, my daughter has never been interested in football in general to be fair.

When I was younger, I remember my first hibs game - a game which was hammering down with hailstones and I was wearing sandals as it was a sunny day when I left and we got humped 3-0 against motherwell I was about three or four at the time and I've never looked back since, my dad always told me that it is vital to support your local team, no matter who it is.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Colr
18-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I haven't managed to take my son (11) to a Hibs game. We're closer to Spurs!

He's a Hibs fan, though, and proudly wears his David Grey replica top on school trips! A rigorous programme of indoctination from an early age did the trick!

Hulk1875
18-04-2017, 08:11 PM
My dad took me to Thomson sports ( I think it was called ) on junction street about 20 odd years ago and I could pick a football top of what team I wanted to support thankfully I picked the green and white of hibs 😁.. my son is now 2 and half years old, he's been to the parade of the Scottish cup been to 4 games including Saturday just past of course he won't understand it all now but it's getting it into there heads from a young age hopefully doesn't get put through the hell we've had to over the years. He likes to
Watch football on tv and have a kick about. I didn't have that until I was about 6

King conrad
18-04-2017, 08:41 PM
I was speaking to a Hearts-supporting work colleague the other day who said he's struggling to retain his young son's interest in Hearts due to the largely dire fare they've been watching this season. His son's best friend supports Celtic and he's been making noises about wanting to go and watch them instead.

Got me wondering, does anyone on here have kids who DON'T support Hibs? During the largely awful years our club went through post-2007 I often struggled to summon up the enthusiasm to keep going to games, let along dragging the kids along! Obviously things are very much on the up these days, but I've never actually told them they HAVE to support Hibs - it's just naturally evolved that way. Would I actively try to prevent them supporting another team? Hard to say.

My son is hibs daft even though the in laws tried their best to make him support hearts:rolleyes: my daughter on the other hand who is 7 started cheering for hearts like her mum and told me "I like the jambos the same as mummy" to say I was peeved is an understatement.
I then told her santa is a hibby so you better not upset him and she then started cheering for both teams.
The day of the Scottish cup final my girlfriend told me she was cheering for hibs to win because she was sick of me and my son coming home in a bad mood! when I got home my daughter was cheering sitting there in my sons hibs top and the rest is history.The first thing she asked for xmas past was a hibs strip:greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
18-04-2017, 08:42 PM
My lad is 13. He lives through the week in Helensburgh with his mum. All his pals are either smeltic or the rankers fans. I've taken him to Easter road since he was 4 and told him once you have a team you can never change it. My dad is hibs daft, his dad before was the same. I'm so chuffed he's taken hibs to his Wee heart. He wears his strips and really lets his mates know that he supports a proper football team. He hates all other teams especially the ugly sisters and refers your neighbours across the city as the sc()m. I love it. He will be one of the loudest and proudest on Saturday at hampden.

Ggtth

Green Diet
18-04-2017, 08:44 PM
I live In New Zealand with my kiwi wife and 11 year old daughter and 9 years old son. Both have many hibs tops and wear them to school regularly. It's called brain washing but seems to work.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Any Hibee who has allowed any other following has failed as a parent. END OF.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2017, 08:57 PM

This ;)

Eldest (10) suffered the Fenlon/Butcher era and if truth be told I think he went to make dad happy - and to get a pie and enjoyed catching up the MattyF's son J. Youngest son (4) is intoxicated by the mystique and is due a visit. I think he's more likely to buy into the Hibs big time. Remembers going to the Hibs kids footie sessions at the Stadium when he was 2 and can't stop singing 1-2-3-4 Hibs! Hibs!....

Whilst they may or may not become diehards I could never envisage them supporting another team. Ever.

tartanhibee
18-04-2017, 09:04 PM
My son 5 is a hibs season ticket holder and goes home and away. I stay in the west,all his friends are Celtic fans so shows an interest when with them about Celtic although I think because we go he will stay with the correct greens.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Can I just say to those with kids that made it through the last 5-6 years and stayed with the Hibs mucho respecto!
It must have been amongst the toughest times to support the Hibeees they really put us through the mill - and I say that as a veteran of the Miller Era. The great lesson is of course classic Hibs #persevere. Not a bad lesson in life though it's crap in big slices ;) but how sweet the sweetest of moments last May!

G B Young
18-04-2017, 09:22 PM

I think in principle most would smile and agree, but I guess there can be a more serious side to it. As some have mentioned, if parents split up then circumstances (eg new partner who supports a different team or an attendant resentment that a child has towards one parent etc) can make it hard to ensure your kids support Hibs. I'd suggest it would be unfair to expect them to do so if their domestic circumstances are such that it's not practical for them.

I'd be interested to hear, though, if anyone in a stable family situation has kids who simply don't support Hibs because they chose not to.

lugz
18-04-2017, 09:24 PM
My 4 year old supports and loves hibs. Always singing songs, wearing her hibs top, asking when she can go to a game. I would feel like I've failed as a parent if it were any other way.

Northern Hibby
18-04-2017, 09:24 PM

2 Daughters, what do you think?

Sir David Gray
18-04-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't have children yet but if/when I do, they won't have an option but to support Hibs.

My second word as a child (after mummy) was "Hibees" and that's the path I plan to follow with my own children one day.

It would be devastating if any child of mine chose to support any other team.

Jack
18-04-2017, 09:27 PM
I chose Hibs. Despite my mother being a Leither no one in her family had any football allegiance. My dad being English was a Kent cricket fan!

I have 3 kids. First son has no apparent knowledge of football, he played it a couple of times and didn't like it. My youngest son is a Dunfermline fan.

My daughter is Hibs!

Her daughter, born in December, is already a Hibby.

Alex Trager
18-04-2017, 09:32 PM

2 Daughters, what do you think?

I they're no bad

;)

Northern Hibby
18-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I they're no bad

;)

Not what I meant!!
😠

Alex Trager
18-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Not what I meant!!

Yeah I get that haha good job raising two hibbys.

DickieDastardly
18-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Both my boys are hibbys, they're 15 and 17 now but suffered some dross over a number of years. What I recall when I got them season tickets (I think 2008/9) was how differently I saw the match when I wasn't sitting chewing the fat with my mates, suddenly the product seemed a hell of a lot poorer - I ended up being desperate for them to play well and win simply so my boys had something to cheer about.

Both have now seen hibs lift two cups which given their age is not bad going. None of us presently have season tickets due their youth football commitments but one thing is for sure - they are Hibbys.

Northern Hibby
18-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Yeah I get that haha good job raising two hibbys.

Dad should always get dibs on football team 😉

🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬

Frazerbob
18-04-2017, 09:46 PM
^^^^ Agreed^^^^

My step son is 11. I moved in with my now wife when he was 3 so he has no real memories from before. I get on well with his Dad who is a massive Aberdeen fan and I assured him when I moved into his ex's house that whilst I was happy to move in on his partner and their home, I would never stand between a Dad and his son when it comes to the football. That would be out of order. He's now a mad Sheep fan and ST holder which has made for a good week in the house. He was too young for any real banter before we got relegated so Sunday is going to be interesting.

I do miss taking him to the games but we are both Scotland ST holders so we do have that I suppose.

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2017, 09:53 PM
My 3 boys are Hibs fans. The youngest isn't that bothered about football but the other 2 have always been keen. Only working weekends and studying away from Edinburgh keeps them from ER these days. Middle one got the ship from the badge tattooed on his arm after watching the 3-2
SC final to represent Hibs and Leith 💚

Think it was easier as my wife and her family have no interest in football.

Northern Hibby
18-04-2017, 09:54 PM
^^^^ Agreed^^^^

My step son is 11. I moved in with my now wife when he was 3 so he has no real memories from before. I get on well with his Dad who is a massive Aberdeen fan and I assured him when I moved into his ex's house that whilst I was happy to move in on his partner and their home, I would never stand between a Dad and his son when it comes to the football. That would be out of order. He's now a mad Sheep fan and ST holder which has made for a good week in the house. He was too young for any real banter before we got relegated so Sunday is going to be interesting.

I do miss taking him to the games but we are both Scotland ST holders so we do have that I suppose.

👏 👏 👏

The unwritten rules are sometimes the most important

Jay
18-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Ive got four sons,(21,20,16 & 15) number one isnt really interested in football but could hold a conversation if needed, number two bleeds green, hibs are his life, number three is a part time hibs supporter but really isnt interested in football otherwise and number four is barely aware football exists.

I tried :)

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2017, 10:00 PM
I don't have kids yet, but, if I do, they will be Hibs fans, just as my dad made me and my brother follow the team. You don't get a choice here; for better or worse that's your lot. It isn't like choosing a shirt or breakfast cereal. At least when things are really bad, you get to throw it back in your old man's face that it's all his fault. I've raged at my old man for some terrible defeats :greengrin

Irish Dave
18-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Five sons. All hibs daft. Oh yeah.

bordergreen
18-04-2017, 10:08 PM

It is every Hibby's duty to start indoctrinating their offspring from birth. I also school all my friends kids in the ways of the Mighty Hibees. I take my mates son, whose mother is from the wrong side of the divide, to Easter Road. After the Hearts game this year, his mum sent me a message saying, apparently all jambo's are dirty cheating barstewards according to her son. I told her it was nothing to do with me, he must of picked that up from the other 17,000 jubilant Hibees surrounding us.

Capt Mainwaring
18-04-2017, 10:13 PM
3 daughters all Hibby's - 2 of them Season Ticket holders. Middle daughter goes occasionally with her pals and usually gets a half season ticket from us at Christmas.

Never a shadow of doubt about their allegiance 😀🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

weecounty hibby
18-04-2017, 10:13 PM
3 kids all have had STs at one time or another. Only my son has one now. He is 13 and was at his first game at the tender age of 18 months. Oldest daughter now 26 was just turned two at her first game. Youngest daughter had to wait till she was eight due to her medical issues but she was indoctrinated from an early age like the others. All love the Hibs to varying degrees due to high levels of brain washing and never ever being given a choice

northstandhibby
18-04-2017, 10:14 PM
I don't have kids yet, but, if I do, they will be Hibs fans, just as my dad made me and my brother follow the team. You don't get a choice here; for better or worse that's your lot. It isn't like choosing a shirt or breakfast cereal. At least when things are really bad, you get to throw it back in your old man's face that it's all his fault. I've raged at my old man for some terrible defeats :greengrin

This is something we can agree on :greengrin

I was literally forced to go to ER's North Stand from around the age of 4 and sat with my old da until I was around 15 and was allowed to go on my own with my friends in the old terracing.

I really loved going into the old North Stand up the wide wooden steps and the old benches with the Standing Enclosure folk down below us at that young age albeit I had no choice but to go.

He's now got a West Stand plaque with his name on outside the old North Stand where we used to sit every other week.

God bless you Dad a more passionate Hi bee I've yet to come across.

glory glory

Albanian Hibs
18-04-2017, 10:14 PM
They have no choice. Hibs through and through.

Vini1875
18-04-2017, 10:23 PM
More important question would be if your dad was a jambo, would you not also try to escape before that affliction took hold.

I have a 25 year old daughter spent her entire life in the east end of Glasgow, hibby through and through.

wookie70
18-04-2017, 10:24 PM
One son 14 and one daughter coming up 12. They had no option of who to support and little option once the youngest turned 5 but to go to the games. They are both Hibees but I don't think it means as much them as it did to me at their age.

hibee_girl
18-04-2017, 10:43 PM
I have an 11 year old son who isn't really into football, he's been to a few hibs games when he was younger but he never took to it. Fine by me, I get peace at the games :greengrin

Thecat23
18-04-2017, 10:53 PM
My son is Hibs daft. Be 7 in July and he can tell you every score at home including cup games this season along with who was on the match program and card that day. Only found this out few weeks ago when I started going through previous games.

greenlex
18-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Two sons and a daughter. Eldest son is a hibby but rarely goes. Not really that football minded to be fair. Second son no interest in fitba at all. Daughter who is my youngest is fitba and Hibs daft. Hasnt missed a home game in 11 years. At each other's side most games

Andy74
18-04-2017, 10:56 PM
More important question would be if your dad was a jambo, would you not also try to escape before that affliction took hold.

I have a 25 year old daughter spent her entire life in the east end of Glasgow, hibby through and through.

I had that issue. Dad is a Jambo. And played for them. Got out early though!

The Harp
18-04-2017, 11:08 PM
My family's roots are similar to the Club's - Irish immigrants, settled in Cowgate, so only one team to follow for me and my kids, and now the grandkids.

Bristolhibby
18-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm a third generation Hibby. My Grandad worked on the railway at Leith Central.

Family is a big part of us following Hibs, pretty much every game I go to is with an Uncle, cousin, brother or the old man. Now have the privilege of taking my own two sons.

TBH it's difficult living down in Wiltshire, but for me it gets my kids connected to their wider family. Really pleased how well my kids got on with my cousins kids.
From an early age it was baby grows, then mini Hibs strips, now they look forward to the New Jersey for their holidays and a couple of trips to Edinburgh a year.

Wouldn't have it any other way, just simply have no passion for the local teams.
Both boys are football daft and are proud to say to their mates that they have actually seen the team they support play. Not many of their Chelsea or Man U can say that.

Will be looking to come up for the first home game of the season, and maybe an away friendly in England pre season.

GGTTH

J

mjhibby
19-04-2017, 03:11 AM
One not interested in sport and one who loves going to games but not a passionate fan. I was one of five boys and I was the first to like football. Dad was very frustrated when my three older brothers showed no interest in football. My wee man takes the Mickey out of his Hertz supporting pals so he on the right track overall.

mjhibby
19-04-2017, 03:17 AM
I did try to get my eldest into hibs but unfortunately his first game was during the bobby williamson era and I had to drag myself along to be honest. Much easier taking my laddie to the games. He's right into formations and tactics and looks like a budding wee coach could be there.

hibbiedon
19-04-2017, 03:42 AM
I have two daughters who are both Hibs there was fight between grandkids about who were coming to hampden, my oldest granddaughter and her mate travel up from hawick to watch hibs and my grandson and youngest granddaughter will be there on Saturday. My brother is hibs and his children are all hibs

MSK
19-04-2017, 05:44 AM
Two Daughters 26 & 24, oldest gets hibs but youngest isnt interested. As young pups they were hibs kids, attended Christmas pantomimes, had season tickets etc. However as they got older their interest waned, the oldest still follows hibs & attends the occassional games with us & would prob go most weeks but she works every Sat ( she goes out with Peter Marinellos Nephew but he has no interest in football ) When they have kids Im gonna have the hibs tops at the ready 😆

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 06:04 AM
My family's roots are similar to the Club's - Irish immigrants, settled in Cowgate, so only one team to follow for me and my kids, and now the grandkids.

Same here.

Hibrandenburg
19-04-2017, 06:08 AM
My 8 year old goes along regularly to watch Hertha BSC in the Olympic Stadium and even though Hertha are having a semi decent season he much prefers pulling on Hibs colours when he's out with his mates having a kick around.

Benny Brazil
19-04-2017, 06:18 AM
My sons school team plays in blue, his club team play in maroon - but the boy bleeds green and white!! My daughter is a season ticket holder and goes to all home games and the majority of away games with her boyfriend.
Couldn't imagine my kids supporting anyone else.

Keith_M
19-04-2017, 06:19 AM
My 8 year old goes along regularly to watch Hertha BSC in the Olympic Stadium and even though Hertha are having a semi decent season he much prefers pulling on Hibs colours when he's out with his mates having a kick around.

Do any of his friends ask about his strangely named football team?

Some of the Erics round me can't pronounce it properly, no matter how many times I slap them for getting it wrong ;-)

Killiehibbie
19-04-2017, 07:11 AM
My two boys support Kilmarnock.

Keith_M
19-04-2017, 07:14 AM
My two boys support Kilmarnock.

Poor wee sods!

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-04-2017, 07:39 AM
My two sons had no option :greengrin both sides of my family all Hibs except one flump on my Dad's side who is a yam but he is in Oz well oot the wiy :agree: :wink:

Nameless
19-04-2017, 07:41 AM
I've a 6 year old boy. Started taking him when he was 4, and he wasn't that interested. Now, he asks every Saturday if Hibs are at home, and is keen to go. He sings Hibs songs to himself, puts his strip on when he gets home from school, and says hello to anyone in the street who has Hibs related clothing on. His mum's uncle is a Hun, and at a recent family party, my son followed him around singing the SJM song and telling him that The Rangers were rubbish - I didn't even tell him to do that!!

Betty Boop
19-04-2017, 07:45 AM

Aye nae bothet

Fritz
19-04-2017, 09:02 AM
My 7 year old boy is a massive Hibs fan, I've been accused of brainwashing him and I readily admit that I have!

His teacher at primary school is a jambo, she recently set them homework where they had to write a sentence including one of their spelling words, one of which was the word 'why'.

My son's sentence was 'Why are you a Hearts fan?'

That's my boy...

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Hibs and Arsenal

JeMeSouviens
19-04-2017, 09:40 AM
I always said to my wife when mine were very wee I'd have no problem with whatever they wanted to do in life, their sexual orientation or whatever as long as they didn't turn out Jambos!

Anyway, happy to report my 2 teenagers are Hibbies although the elder isn't all that bothered about football tbh and rarely comes to games. The younger is much more into it and has paid his dues in suffering in recent years.

However, my one big (only) regret about last May was that I didn't make him come to the cup final. Scarred by 2012 and 2013, Ross County was a bit of a straw that broke the camel's back moment for him. And since I was firmly of the opinion we'd get beat again, I did briefly flirt with the idea of not going myself but of course that wasn't really an option. So when the fateful moment came he was watching at home and the father - son comms were by text. Got home and took him out on the town to celebrate and we went to the parade and all but I'm still kicking myself I didn't just make him come. Poor excuse for a father. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2017, 10:39 AM
The one of my two stepsons who is still with us is a Jambo ....... his first interest in football was Celtic, I couldn't get him to turn to the Hibees, but did get him to agree that if he was going to follow a team it should at least be an Edinburgh one.

I've had little success with my niece or nephews who live locally either even though I've taken them to ER a few times ... I blame their dad who isn't into football in the slightest.

I do claim some success with my friends and their kids though ...... I took my best pal to her first Hibs matches and then her wee brother, the whole family are now fervent Hibbies, with my pal being a season ticket holder for years and talking about a ST for next season and that wee laddie whose hand I had to hold crossing London Road is now taking one of his teenage daughters to Easter Road on a regular basis :greengrin

Lago
19-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Took my son to ER many many times, talked hibs all the time at home, an adult now and has not the slightest interest in football at any level, I guess you can take a horse to water etc.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2017, 11:18 AM
My (step) son Alex was 3 when my wife and I got together. He's now 12. I took him to his first game in January 2010, just before his 5th birthday. His main interest at the time was the sweeties and half time snacks. I used to take him behind the goals pre-match so he could run about with other kids and it was that part he looked forward to most.

His granddad is technically a Pars fan but doesn't take a huge interest in them so there was no real allegiances for him. By the age of 8, I'd say he was a fully fledge "football fan". Poor lad spent his first few years suffering the 2012 & 2013 cup finals, relegation, promotion play off defeats and the league cup final defeat.

At primary school there was a fair few jambos in his class so he hated that. His best friend at primary school was a jambo and he always used to say "I don't mind hearts" - I always said to him "that will change" and it has. lol. He was heartbroken after the Ross County game last season, and same at 2-1 down on 21/05, so I was absolutely delighted for him as much as me that we finally gave him something to really celebrate. To follow it up with promotion this season and another trophy is fantastic for these kids. Although a lot of us say we should never be in this league etc, for them to see the club collect more silverware is brilliant. It really keeps them engaged and gives them reward for the tough years.

All week, all I have heard coming from his room is "Henderson to deliver" being played loudly, while yesterday he was running around the house chanting "CumDog Cumdog Cumdog" :greengrin

He has also recently told me that the seats we have as our season ticket in the east will be his seat for the rest of his life. Delighted! haha.

KingFranck
19-04-2017, 11:26 AM
My wife son daughter and dog are all Hibees wouldn't allow it any other way to be honest. Son and daughter had seasons last season and I've just renewed both of them.
Any of them say they supported the other lot they'd be chucked out the house but it was never going to happen born and bred Hibs fans and always will be.

Helps when a kids is born you buy them all the baby stuff from the Hibs shop as they grow up keep buying the strips they look back at photos and must think I can't possibly support anyone else

Argylehibby
19-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Dad should always get dibs on football team 😉

🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬

No No and thrice No to that statement Northern! My daughter is getting married next year..... to a jambo. As and when kids come along I will be doing my best to ensure their dad doesn't take the bairn down the wrong path.

On are my kids Hibs supporters, too right they are. I have 2 daughters, the oldest has been a season ticket holder since she was 9 or 10. the youngest had a season for a couple of years but now only goes to finals etc. Both were with me on 21/5 and that made the day even better.

The oldest was a Hibs kid within a week of her birth and she still nips my head about why it took me so long. The reason for the moan is that on the way back from the hospital on the day her wee sister was born I stopped off at the Hibs shop and registered her as a Hibs kid, about 3 or 4 hours after she was born. In the shop I completed the form and handed it over with the membership fee and the woman behind the counter pushed it back to me saying, sorry you've put todays date in there it should be the date of birth. I pushed it back across the counter and said, it's one and the same!

Deansy
19-04-2017, 11:32 AM
What an excellent thread with some quality posts ! Favourite so far is 'King Conrad's -

'I then told her santa is a hibby .....' line !

Almost spluttered my coffee all over my screen reading that one - it's genius .............. possibly verging on criminal-genius but genius all the same !

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2017, 11:39 AM
I have an 11 year old son who isn't really into football, he's been to a few hibs games when he was younger but he never took to it. Fine by me, I get peace at the games :greengrin

I'll send Alex along to sit next to you if you want!! :greengrin

KNBE
19-04-2017, 11:44 AM
I always said to my wife when mine were very wee I'd have no problem with whatever they wanted to do in life, their sexual orientation or whatever as long as they didn't turn out Jambos!

Anyway, happy to report my 2 teenagers are Hibbies although the elder isn't all that bothered about football tbh and rarely comes to games. The younger is much more into it and has paid his dues in suffering in recent years.

However, my one big (only) regret about last May was that I didn't make him come to the cup final. Scarred by 2012 and 2013, Ross County was a bit of a straw that broke the camel's back moment for him. And since I was firmly of the opinion we'd get beat again, I did briefly flirt with the idea of not going myself but of course that wasn't really an option. So when the fateful moment came he was watching at home and the father - son comms were by text. Got home and took him out on the town to celebrate and we went to the parade and all but I'm still kicking myself I didn't just make him come. Poor excuse for a father. :rolleyes:
Exactly the same with me and mine. Hopefully we'll both get a chance to make amends!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

JDHibs
19-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Got 2 wee girls, 1s only 1, but mt other wee girl is nearly 4, she shouts about the Hibees and has her flags/hoodie, LOVED the parade last year. Got really into it, will be taking her to a pre season game this year to see how she gets on!

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Got 2 wee girls, 1s only 1, but mt other wee girl is nearly 4, she shouts about the Hibees and has her flags/hoodie, LOVED the parade last year. Got really into it, will be taking her to a pre season game this year to see how she gets on!

Suppose you'll need someone to help you to your seat :greengrin

Alan62
19-04-2017, 11:58 AM
My lads are both big Hibbies and are season ticket holders. They've been going to games regularly from a very early age and they've grown up with the Club as a huge part of their lives.

I was speaking to a friend recently about how sitting together at the match is a huge investment in your future relationship with your children. When the boys were young, we sat in a season ticket group with friends who all had children round the same age. Our Saturdays at Easter Road were inevitably followed by wandering back to one or other of the group's houses, drinking wine, going to the chippy on the way home or getting food delivered in. Then there were trips to Hampden filled with hope, away days for big games, desperate lows and, of course, the unbelievable high that was winning the cup back in May. We shared all of that together and we still do. We walk over to the game, chat during the match, go for a pint and talk more.

For any parent, considering a season ticket with their children, I'd say do it. It's an investment in your relationship with your children and it gives you something incredibly special that you can share forever.

scooby
19-04-2017, 12:10 PM
I've done my bit, I have 5 kids who are all massive hibs fans, 4 of them have season tickets.
They've also done a good job getting their friends to support Hibs, some whose parents are huns and jambos which is really amusing.
The SC win has turned a few heads I think.

JeMeSouviens
19-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Exactly the same with me and mine. Hopefully we'll both get a chance to make amends!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Amen, brother! :wink:

sleeping giant
19-04-2017, 12:40 PM
3 Bairns all Hibs fans.
My daughter thought we had played Hamiton Thistle in the play offs though :-)

Hibby Gav
19-04-2017, 12:54 PM
My son was enrolled in Hibs kids the day he arrived....almost strayed to the dark side due to peer pressure once but the threat of sleeping in the shed soon put a stop to that. :wink:
My Daughter went when she was around 7 or 8...not really that fussy then but it krept up on her and she has been long hooked into the whole Hibs thing and has her own season ticket....

My work here is done...2 full time Hibees delivered to the family and I'm proud of them both !

The best family to bring anyone up :hibees

GGTTH !

hibee_girl
19-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I'll send Alex along to sit next to you if you want!! :greengrin

I have enough on my hands with my Grandad! :greengrin

Is It On....
19-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Greens are goodies, Blues and "funny red colour" are baddies.

MichelleHibs
19-04-2017, 02:41 PM
I'd give nothing more than for my 3 to be hibees. From a young age we have take them to hibs games (my team), hearts games (their dads team) and St Johnstone games (our hometown team)

Sadly the oldest son has defected to the other side with his dad! Daughter is a hibee and youngest son is still to decide!! I'm hoping promotion and winning the Scottish cup again will sway him!!

Ray_
19-04-2017, 03:45 PM
My two lads have never lived in Scotland and the youngest has no interest at all in football [likely due to him being brought up in anti-football London].

The southern upbringing didn't affect the elder one, he lives, breathe & feels hibs through and through and he has all his mates, in his Uni town of Norwich, big fans now as well, a certain Grant Holt on our books made certain of that.

Is It On....
19-04-2017, 05:08 PM
My two lads have never lived in Scotland and the youngest has no interest at all in football [likely due to him being brought up in anti-football London].

The southern upbringing didn't affect the elder one, he lives, breathe & feels hibs through and through and he has all his mates, in his Uni town of Norwich, big fans now as well, a certain Grant Holt on our books made certain of that.

The proof that there is more to Grant Holt than goals 😂

Killiehibbie
19-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Poor wee sods!It's character building or something like that.

jacomo
19-04-2017, 05:30 PM
My 2 aren't that into football yet, and we don't live in Scotland. But I've taken them to a game at ER and I've told them that Hibs is their team.

They will probably only realise how lucky they are when they are older!