PDA

View Full Version : FAO Jason Cummings

Captain Trips
18-04-2017, 05:42 PM
JC Tweeted this the other day:

"Made a promise 3 year ago when I missed that pen to relegate us that I'd do my best to get us back up. Today is that day!!! 🏆✅"

Can I just be the first to say JC knock that right on the head. That penalty never relegated us, we were relegated by lots of things not a young player breaking into team.

You have done us proud the last 3 years.

End of.

Bostonhibby
18-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Hear hear. Stick with us Jason, keep progressing and keep knocking them in.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
18-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Might make me look like one of the deviants over the city, given our relevant ages, but wtf... I love you Jason :greengrin

OtleyHibs
18-04-2017, 06:04 PM

"Made a promise 3 year ago when I missed that pen to relegate us that I'd do my best to get us back up. Today is that day!!! 🏆✅"

Can I just be the first to say JC knock that right on the head. That penalty never relegated us, we were relegated by lots of things not a young player breaking into team.

End of.

Excellent post, completely agree. Think the first leg of the play offs was the first I had seen of him to be honest so he was in no way responsible for that

He never relegated us, he played a massive role in getting us back up though!! : )

WeeRussell
18-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Was it not his 2 away goals that had is going in with the lead we did? He did his part, before basically being played wide left in a midfield five in that complete F up of an attempted return leg. (All subject to my dodgy memory haha)

Know what he's saying though, and we all (almost all) appreciate what he's doing for us now.

Like him more and more every day!

yonder1875
18-04-2017, 06:41 PM
A great young maverick striker who is the type that gets you interested in football as a wee laddie. My younger brother is 10 and Cummings is by far his favourite player.

18-04-2017, 07:21 PM
He wasn't at fault we got relegated, far from it! At least, even as a young 17/18 year old he had the guts to step up and take a penalty in such a tense shoot out. Many hid away including our captain at the time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-04-2017, 07:48 PM

End of.

Hibs class :agree:

hibs#1
18-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Top guy.if he does leave in the summer owes us nothing and will always be a Scottish cup winning legend.

Big_Franck
18-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Not for one minute did I ever blame Cummings for us being relegated. I'd even forgotten he missed a pen until I read this thread. Butcher and some horrendous defending relegated us. Can't wait to see Cummings score against the saviles again next season.

BegbieHSC
18-04-2017, 10:33 PM
absolute wee ledge!
Mon and gie us a year in the premiership!

Mango Man
19-04-2017, 12:06 AM
It's been great watching his progress with us, top scorer in our first year in the championship, 2nd in the 2nd season(due to Waghorn scoring about 78 penalties), on track to be top this season, Scottish Cup winner, Championship winner, it's been hugely beneficial for both parties, long may it continue.

If he does decide to move on, no grudge will be held whatsoever, unless he joins Hearts of course, wouldn't put it past the wee radge :greengrin