PDA

View Full Version : Septic fans...

Cat Stanton
17-04-2017, 09:33 PM
...singing 'here we go, ten (?) in a row' on BBC highlights (same tune as our 'here we go, two in a row).

So: have they stolen it from us? Or had we stolen it from someone else first?

I just need to know how bitter I should feel..

JJP
17-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Celtic were singing it before we did.

Dibben
17-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Heard the 'We got McGinn' song during the Middlesbrough Arsenal game tonight.

Obviously it wasn't McGinn that they had - but no idea whose song came first!!

Sir David Gray
17-04-2017, 09:35 PM
They've been singing that for the last few years.

It's one thing they haven't stolen from us.

frazeHFC
17-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Loads of teams singing it. Not sure who was first but Payet and Ozil (most likely was him tonight) were certainly before McGinn.

Cat Stanton
Celtic were singing it before we did.

Oh, ok, thanks. I'll just need to be bitter about something else. And luckily, there's lots to choose from when it comes to Septic.

andy1875

Arsenal sing this song about Ozil.

I was down at Sunderland v Arsenal earlier in season and heard it then. Not a patch on our version :greengrin

connerg
18-04-2017, 03:26 AM
Celtic sang the McGinn song about Paddy McCourt quite a few years before we did, unfortunately.

Jpdhfc
18-04-2017, 08:03 AM

West ham first to sing this about payet

BoomtownHibees
18-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Celtic sang the McGinn song about Paddy McCourt quite a few years before we did, unfortunately.

They also sang "don't sack Mccoist, Ally Mccoist" to it as well

DH1875
18-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Not the same song. Same tune but totally different words to do with not selling McCourt or there'd be a riot.

GreenCastle
18-04-2017, 08:24 AM
...singing 'here we go, ten (?) in a row' on BBC highlights (same tune as our 'here we go, two in a row).

I just need to know how bitter I should feel..

Celtic have stolen many songs off teams over the years including You'll never walk alone. Most of their song book right now is taken from other teams abroad.

That's why sunshine on leith is so magical. Shoulder no other team has stolen that yet.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Celtic have stolen many songs off teams over the years including You'll never walk alone. Most of their song book right now is taken from other teams abroad.

That's why sunshine on leith is so magical. Shoulder no other team has stolen that yet.

Not many teams can steal SOL coz unlike YNWA it's not really transferable ...... though 'Sunshine on Leeds' might just make it :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
18-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Septic are the most unoriginal club on this planet. Most of their songbook is Irish republican war songs, Liverpool songs and songs stolen from other clubs. Add in their very formation was to be a Glasgow version of us. They even stole our hoops.

Mick O'Rourke
18-04-2017, 04:11 PM
The tune isnae aboot fitba'
Its aboot ma local pub!
3 full coaches ,plus cars,vans,bikes and other assorted, not likely road worthy transport, will be leaving The Clermiston Inn at 10am on Saturday (no pit stops)

We've got the Inn !
The Super Clerry Inn!
I just don't think they understand!
The Cenny, and the Oak! (jambo pubs mostly)
Give the Clerry Hibs the boak!
We've got the Super Clerry Inn !:thumbsup::cheers:

pollution
18-04-2017, 04:37 PM

I just need to know how bitter I should feel..I certainly heard them sing this in 1973 to a Gary Glitter song, can't remember which one.

At the time it was sung as eight in a row, hello, hello, eight in a row.

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I certainly heard them sing this in 1973 to a Gary Glitter song, can't remember which one.

At the time it was sung as eight in a row, hello, hello, eight in a row.

Hello hello, good to be back. (from Hello Hello, I'm Back Again)

I'd post a link, but.....no, just no. :rolleyes:

connerg
18-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Not the same song. Same tune but totally different words to do with not selling McCourt or there'd be a riot.

True, i forgot about selling him and the riot bit. Same tune though. :agree:

Mick O'Rourke
18-04-2017, 05:13 PM
I think any football song to a GG tune would have been binned long ago
As is the playing of his songs in bars and grounds.

"I predict a riot"
The undisputed winners of that would be those knuckle draggers who "follow" a new club from Govan.

Johnny Clash
18-04-2017, 06:36 PM
They also used to sing 'Martin O'Neill' over and over again to the 'two in a row' tune.

jgl07
18-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Celtic stole 'the Poznań' from Manchester City rebranding it 'the Huddle'.

Of course City stole it from Lech Poznań but at least gave credit by calling it 'the Poznań'.

James70
18-04-2017, 09:04 PM
They sang the song by the Edinburgh band Pilot at Easter Road, must have been 1974, Ho Ho Ho it's magic you know, gonna be 9 in a row.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Their song for Scott Sinclair to the tune of Scooter's "Logical Song" seems to be original. I'm not aware of any other club singing that before them but could be wrong!