PDA

View Full Version : Lennon on sportsound soon

seanshow
17-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Neil coming on bbc radio sportsound tonight to discuss what Hibs need to compete next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland_mw

sleeping giant
17-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Thanks very much

greenlex
17-04-2017, 05:37 PM
The telephone guest is usually on about 20 mins or so in.0

sleeping giant
17-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Hibs on now

Dibben
17-04-2017, 06:15 PM
I can't get it on my phone - will check the podcast out later - however if a summary can be posted here... 😬

Nicho87
17-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Said he expected or hoped all offered new deals would stay or words to that effect.

greenlex
17-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Nothing earth shattering. Did say he thought one or two might not resign for personal reasons. I'm guessing Holt Fontaine or big Marv.

Onceinawhile
17-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Nothing earth shattering. Did say he thought one or two might not resign for personal reasons. I'm guessing Holt Fontaine or big Marv.

Why would fonts not re-sign?

greenlex
17-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Why would fonts not re-sign?

Might want to head south again?

HibeeMackenzie
17-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Isn't Mrs. Fonts from Edinburgh?

Craig_HFC
17-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Isn't Mrs. Fonts from Edinburgh?

Not sure but she is definitely Scottish; think they met when Fonts was at Killie a few years ago.

sleeping giant
17-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Not sure but she is definitely Scottish; think they met when Fonts was at Killie a few years ago.

I had no idea he had been at Killie

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I had no idea he had been at Killie

On loan a good number of years ago

Kojock
17-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Why would big Marv not sign. Spoke to him at the Sponsors doo and he said he would be more than happy to stay.

scoopyboy
17-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Why would big Marv not sign. Spoke to him at the Sponsors doo and he said he would be more than happy to stay.

Offer might not be as big as he would like?

Might get a better offer from somewhere else?

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Not happy if Grant Holt gets another deal.
He has done well in the Championship this year but is now 36 doesn't score and doesn't have another good season in him.
We are looking to finish 4th next season and need to move on.
That would leave Darren McGregor as our oldest player at 32 which is about right.

bingo70
17-04-2017, 08:16 PM
He has done well in the Championship this year but is now 36 doesn't score and doesn't have another good season in him.
That would leave Darren McGregor as our oldest player at 32 which is about right.

I've defended Grant Holt more than most on here and much of the time in a minority of one (felt that way anyway) that thought he played well in games.

I tend to agree with you though, I assumed that type of signing was felt as a necessity to get us through against teams playing on tattie fields that just wanted to scrap. Now we'll be playing in more open games next season I'd hope we'd be after players more mobile than he is.

Andy74
17-04-2017, 08:17 PM
How do you know what he has in him? You don't really age that much in a few weeks. Not long between each season. He's done well despite not scoring many and I'd be very happy to have him as an option. He helped destroy Hearts just a few weeks ago.

Ringothedog
17-04-2017, 09:10 PM

What is the point of gaining promotion and then setting a target of 4th ? If that is the height of our ambitions why bother? It most likely won't happen but I would hope our targets are higher than 4th.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 09:17 PM
How do you know what he has in him? You don't really age that much in a few weeks. Not long between each season. He's done well despite not scoring many and I'd be very happy to have him as an option. He helped destroy Hearts just a few weeks ago.

I know he doesn't have goals in him :wink:. I think he has played well this season and have been one of a small number backing him but there is a cut of point and at 36 he has reached it.
It's the usual problem we can't keep everyone and bring in new players so tough choices have to be made so that we continue to improve. IMO Holts wage would be better spent on a younger striker such as Boyce or Moult.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2017, 09:18 PM
What is the point of gaining promotion and then setting a target of 4th ? If that is the height of our ambitions why bother? It most likely won't happen but I would hope our targets are higher than 4th.

Aim for the stars and hit the moon :greengrin

I have defended Holt too but i do think it should be a thanks very much, and all the best in the future.

E10 Rifle
17-04-2017, 09:23 PM
I think he and Lennon will shake hands and say thank you, job done, all the best in the future. Unless there is some sort of player/coach role on offer as he seems to have been a decent influence around the place.

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2017, 09:30 PM

Your avatar's sh*te mate!

Sammy7nil
17-04-2017, 09:33 PM

Does this go down as negative feedback :greengrin
No need really just say nowt if you can't say something nice.

Craig_HFC
17-04-2017, 09:38 PM

Some folk just have no taste

:greengrin

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 09:57 PM
I've defended Grant Holt more than most on here and much of the time in a minority of one (felt that way anyway) that thought he played well in games.

I tend to agree with you though, I assumed that type of signing was felt as a necessity to get us through against teams playing on tattie fields that just wanted to scrap. Now we'll be playing in more open games next season I'd hope we'd be after players more mobile than he is.

I like Holt a lot but tend to agree he'll be moving on.
I would say we should make signing a bullying centre forward one of our priorities - there may be fewer tattie fields next year but there's still a lot of thug teams that I want us to be shoving around a bit.

houstonhibbee
17-04-2017, 10:49 PM
I think that's a very optimistic and reasonable target for first year back. Doesn't mean to say we can't achieve more or that the manager's goal is higher....

JimBHibees
18-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Offer might not be as big as he would like?

Might get a better offer from somewhere else?

and of course the most important proviso when speaking with players is that they arent really likely to tell fans what their plans are anyway. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
18-04-2017, 04:48 PM

If it's true that he's been offered a new deal. He wasn't up to it the Championship, so I'm a bit surprised he's expected to be able to make the step up to the Prem.