PDA

View Full Version : Raith, Ayr, St. Mirren

Dashing Bob S
17-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Fixtures not that relevant to us, but Ayr and St Mirren battling to stay up, so we're in the role of kingmakers/heartbreakers.

Should we go for a 9 point skoosh, or try out development/fringe players?

Relegate St Mirren (unlikely as they are form side) ad it makes it easier to get Mallan/McGinn 2 etc.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Dumbarton are in that fight as well.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 12:14 PM
We put out the team we think best prepares us for the Scottish cup final. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
17-04-2017, 12:15 PM
We put out the team we think best prepares us for the Scottish cup final. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. I couldn't give two ****s about any of them if we win on Saturday.

Dibben
17-04-2017, 12:17 PM
We should put out a similar strength team in all the fixtures - so it is fair to the other teams!!

Would be happy to see Harris and Martin get 90 mins in all 3 games.

hibsdaft
17-04-2017, 12:19 PM
If we don't make the Final, guys like Gray and maybe McGinn could do with a good long summer break. they've played a lot of football in the last 18 months.

And I really want to see Crane get a runout, plus Scott Martin. They've both shown promise and need playing time. Forster too, we could slot him in at RB and give Gray a well earned rest.

17-04-2017, 12:20 PM
If we win on saturday then our remaining league fixtures are all about preparing for the final, couldn't care less about what other teams get relegated. Lose on saturday and we can give some players a bit of a rest.

Would like to see Harris getting more game time. Looked good when he came on on saturday.

ekhibee
17-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Fixtures not that relevant to us, but Ayr and St Mirren battling to stay up, so we're in the role of kingmakers/heartbreakers.

Should we go for a 9 point skoosh, or try out development/fringe players?

Relegate St Mirren (unlikely as they are form side) ad it makes it easier to get Mallan/McGinn 2 etc.
That would be good from a financial perspective as regards Mallan and possible McGinn 2 as well. Cannae see it happening TBH, but stranger things have happened.

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Cranes out until preseason.

Give guys looking to impress a shot or players on the fringes.

Martin, Harris, Humphreys and Murray for a start.

Will no doubt do that if we are looking forward to a final. Rotate our top players to keep them fresh!

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Would like to see a couple of the younger team, getting a chance, Martin, Murray and maybe an other

Iggy Pope
17-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Not seen too many development games this season but central defence looks sound.
Is Ryan Porteous out on loan? He looks like a big strong unit that a debut would benefit.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Not seen too many development games this season but central defence looks sound.
Is Ryan Porteous out on loan? He looks like a big strong unit that a debut would benefit.

Cant play this seasons.I would have thought Ryan and Oli Shaw would join the1st team squad for next season.

Wilson
17-04-2017, 01:15 PM

Scored the winner for Edinburgh City away to Arbroath.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 01:24 PM
St mirren have done us a right few favours the last few weeks so it might be nice to return the favour somewhat and beat Ayr and Raith in next 2 league games. I know there is no sentiment etc but be a bit harsh on them if we played severely weakened teams in these fixtures. Even if we do get to cup final we have 3 weeks rest after final league game so don't see a massive rotation happening tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Hope Saints stay up and we can hopefully somehow return the favour for them.

Frazerbob
17-04-2017, 01:41 PM
As has been said by most, if we win on Saturday, we do whatever best prepares us for the final. If we lose on Saturday, I'd rest near enough everyone for the Raith & Ayr games and give all the fringe players a couple of games then bring the 1st teamers back for the final game and trophy presentation. Couldn't give a flying **** about being fair to the relegation contenders.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 01:43 PM
As has been said by most, if we win on Saturday, we do whatever best prepares us for the final. If we lose on Saturday, I'd rest near enough everyone for the Raith & Ayr games and give all the fringe players a couple of games then bring the 1st teamers back for the final game and trophy presentation. Couldn't give a flying **** about bring fair to the relegation contenders.

I agree with that, just don't want the likes of McGregor picking up a yellow, and missing the opening game next season

wookie70
17-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Lennon mentioned he wanted to get to 70 points the other week. I suspect he knows that is what Stubbs got in both his seasons in Championship so I suspect we will field strong teams with a sprinkling of fringe players. I would like to see Martin getting a few starts and Harris featuring in all three games.

Iggy Pope
17-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Cant play this seasons.I would have thought Ryan and Oli Shaw would join the1st team squad for next season.

Hope so Billy. They look the part and wouldn't want the big fellah Porteous running into me at speed.

Iggy Pope
17-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Hope Saints stay up and we can hopefully somehow return the favour for them.

As long as the favour doesn't involve drawing with Falkirk!

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Raith to go down purely for appointing Gary Locke and letting him sign Skacel

Stranraer
17-04-2017, 02:23 PM
I think St. Mirren will stay up and win their remaining games. Would love to relegate Ayr United though.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Oli Shaw can't get in the Stenhousemuir 1st team at the moment and they are bottom of the 3rd tier. Does he not need another loan next season?

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 02:36 PM
I agree with that, just don't want the likes of McGregor picking up a yellow, and missing the opening game next season

Good point, we also don't want to risk any serious injuries.

Vini1875
17-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Must depend on beating aberdeen on sat. If we win then its all about preparing for the SC Final, lose and give the fringe a chnace to stake a claim, while resting the likes of McGinn and Gray or anyone nursing injuries.

emerald green
17-04-2017, 05:26 PM
I'm sure Hibs will remain totally professional and do their very best to win all three of their remaining fixtures.

Hibs cannot be seen to be "helping" any other club by fielding a weakened team, otherwise all sorts of accusations will be made. Guaranteed.

If Hibs were ever in a similar position, we would expect nothing less.

monktonharp
17-04-2017, 05:32 PM
That would be good from a financial perspective as regards Mallan and possible McGinn 2 as well. Cannae see it happening TBH, but stranger things have happened.what, Like winning a cup 2 in a row?

Sas_The_Hibby
17-04-2017, 05:35 PM
St mirren have done us a right few favours the last few weeks so it might be nice to return the favour somewhat and beat Ayr and Raith in next 2 league games. I know there is no sentiment etc but be a bit harsh on them if we played severely weakened teams in these fixtures. Even if we do get to cup final we have 3 weeks rest after final league game so don't see a massive rotation happening tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They beat us too, which you can hardly blame them for, but I don't see how we owe them any favours.

It's harsh on any of the teams fighting relegation if we put out a supposedly weakened side one week and not the next but ultimately we have to look to our own interests, as other teams would rightly do in our position.

Ringothedog
17-04-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm sure Hibs will remain totally professional and do their very best to win all three of their remaining fixtures.

Hibs cannot be seen to be "helping" any other club by fielding a weakened team, otherwise all sorts of accusations will be made. Guaranteed.

If Hibs were ever in a similar position, we would expect nothing less.

The problem we have is the time between our last game and the Scottish cup final, we will have to play our strongest team in all our games. There is then 3 weeks to rest players.

steakbake
17-04-2017, 08:31 PM
The problem we have is the time between our last game and the Scottish cup final, we will have to play our strongest team in all our games. There is then 3 weeks to rest players.

I agree. Get through the semi and we should play more or less our strongest 11. Lose on Saturday, then I'd mix it up a bit.

steakbake
17-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Dumbarton are in that fight as well.

I hope they stay up. We could do them a favour by winning all three.

--------
18-04-2017, 09:44 AM
We need to approach all three games in exactly the same way.

We can't guarantee results, but we need to be seen to be trying to win them all, otherwise there's an implication of unfairness.

This for the credit and reputation of the club, the manager, and the team.

hibbysam
18-04-2017, 10:48 AM
We need to approach all three games in exactly the same way.

We can't guarantee results, but we need to be seen to be trying to win them all, otherwise there's an implication of unfairness.

This for the credit and reputation of the club, the manager, and the team.

We do what's best for us, not what's best for anyone else. They've had all season to keep themselves up, nothing to do with one game against us.

neil7908
18-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Regardless of the result on Saturday I'd like to see a few younger players and fringe squad members get a chance. Not a whole new starting 11 but 3-4 players in each game to try them out at a competitive level and give key players a rest as we've played a lot of football the last couple of seasons.

I don't follow the development team much tbh but I'd be keen to see game time for a few days names mentioned on here like Martin and Shaw. Harris should also be getting as much game time as possible.