PDA

View Full Version : Greggs hibs.net Summer transfer thread

Diclonius
17-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Thought I'd get this going early seeing as our Premiership status is confirmed and the squad rebuilding has already begun. Below's an overview of our activity so far and rumours:

Confirmed in:

Confirmed new contracts:

Confirmed out:

Rumoured in:
Liam Boyce (striker, Ross County) - Hearts also interested
Stevie Mallan (midfielder, St Mirren)
Piotr Parzyszek (striker, De Graafschap)
Danny Swanson (midfielder, St Johnstone) - pre-contract reported

Rumoured new contracts:
All out of contract players have been offered new deals
John McGinn - 3 year deal

Rumoured out:
Jason Cummings (Rangers, Sunderland)
John McGinn (Celtic, Sunderland, West Brom)

Earlydelivery
17-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Andreu Swanson scougall

geohibby
17-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Thought I'd get this going early seeing as our Premiership status is confirmed and the squad rebuilding has already begun. Below's an overview of our activity so far and rumours:

Confirmed in:

Confirmed new contracts:

Confirmed out:

Rumoured in:

Rumoured new contracts:

Rumoured out:
John McGinn (Celtic, Sunderland, West Brom)

rangers couldnt afford JC unless they sold there
entire stadium and all there players THEN they
wpuld need to get a loan out which they couldnt
and that maybe would pay for 1 of his boots

Since90+2
17-04-2017, 11:45 AM
I woudnt be surprised to see Stevie Mallan sign for us in the summer with St Mirren getting a sizeable sell on fee clause similar to the McGinn deal.

I also think McGinn will be away for around 2.5 million.

Tamhere1875
17-04-2017, 12:02 PM
McGinn going nowhere he might be joined by his brother at Easter Road.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 12:04 PM

Tam, you hearing this from someone that John is staying

Dibben
17-04-2017, 12:08 PM

Would love to see SJM play for us 1 more tour in the Premiership before moving on.

Would be happy to have his brother with us!

bingo70
17-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Nobody knows that yet.

Every player has their price and unlike last season we can get back to considering reasonable offers again. To not do so would be pretty unfair on the player after he stayed loyal to us while we were in the first division imo.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Nobody knows that yet.

Every player has their price and unlike last season we can get back to considering reasonable offers again. To not do so would be pretty unfair on the player after he stayed loyal to us while we were in the first division imo.

A successful season for the team that finishes 4th in the SPL will get McGinn and Cummings better transfer moves and importantly bigger transfer fees for Hibs.

I will be gutted and more than a little worried when Cummings leaves. I think his overall play has greatly improved and by the end of next season he could be the real deal.

bingo70
17-04-2017, 12:30 PM
A successful season for the team that finishes 4th in the SPL will get McGinn and Cummings better transfer moves and importantly bigger transfer fees for Hibs.

I will be gutted and more than a little worried when Cummings leaves. I think his overall play has greatly improved and by the end of next season he could be the real deal.

True but a bottom half finish and poor seasons or injuries would decrease their value. That's not being negative, it's a possible scenario the board and manager would have to consider when weighing up any offer. Last summer that wouldn't have been a consideration due to the pressure to get promoted.

Anyway, my point is that nobody knows if McGinn will be staying or going as nobody knows what offers will be getting made yet. Even John Mcginn won't know this so there is literally nobody that can have any inside info on this.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 12:42 PM
True but a bottom half finish and poor seasons or injuries would decrease their value. That's not being negative, it's a possible scenario the board and manager would have to consider when weighing up any offer. Last summer that wouldn't have been a consideration due to the pressure to get promoted.

Anyway, my point is that nobody knows if McGinn will be staying or going as nobody knows what offers will be getting made yet. Even John Mcginn won't know this so there is literally nobody that can have any inside info on this.
What we don't want, is to lose them late in the window. If either or both express a willingness to move on, get it done early, so we can get replacements in!

bingo70
17-04-2017, 01:02 PM
What we don't want, is to lose them late in the window. If either or both express a willingness to move on, get it done early, so we can get replacements in!

Absolutely.

Imo there would have been a conversation last summer saying we couldn't consider any offers for them due to the need to get promoted but if they played their part in getting promoted and didn't cause a fuss then we would be fair to them this summer.

Any moves need to happen early in the summer though, we're so reliant on Cummings for goals, if we dont have time to replace him we'll be this seasons Dundee.

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Riordan!

Even at 34, could still do a job for us.

Failing that, any Celtic player thats out of the picture there, seems to be the Hibs fans way of thinking so -

Hendo
Griffiths
Ambrose
Commons
Christie

Obviously be linked with Stokes aswell at some point.

Realistic options -
Mallan
Boyce
Moult
Marciano. All would require a fee mind you.

Speedway
17-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Anything in the rumour that LD has been saving up for next season to give us the biggest budget outside the OF?

MountcastleHibs
17-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I woudnt be surprised to see Stevie Mallan sign for us in the summer with St Mirren getting a sizeable sell on fee clause similar to the McGinn deal.

I also think McGinn will be away for around 2.5 million.

I think it'll take a lot more than that to tempt us into selling John. I would think more around what we sold Scott Brown for.

Tin hat on here, but if Kenny Miller doesn't re-sign with The Rangers, I would like to see him here.

Mikey09
17-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I'd like to see us take someone like Greg Stewart on a season loan. Great wee player.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Absolutely.

Imo there would have been a conversation last summer saying we couldn't consider any offers for them due to the need to get promoted but if they played their part in getting promoted and didn't cause a fuss then we would be fair to them this summer.

Any moves need to happen early in the summer though, we're so reliant on Cummings for goals, if we dont have time to replace him we'll be this seasons Dundee.
Jeezo ur the prophet of doom mate...even if Cummings does leave u don't even know what players are coming in yet and your tipping us to struggle!!! Let's see what the ins and outs are over the summer first ah??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
17-04-2017, 01:30 PM
I don't see McGinn going this summer. Can't see Celtic being in for him and think League One would probably be the only destination where he'd get a regular game - not sure he'd fancy that, even though the wages would be better.

Since90+2
17-04-2017, 01:37 PM
I think it'll take a lot more than that to tempt us into selling John. I would think more around what we sold Scott Brown for.

Tin hat on here, but if Kenny Miller doesn't re-sign with The Rangers, I would like to see him here.

We got 4.4 million for Brown iirc so I can't see us getting anything like that for McGinn. Brown was seen as the best Scottish prospect in years when we sold him which drove the price up, you also had both Celtic and Rangers wanting him which meant we could play hard ball.

If we got anything over 3 million for McGinn I'd be delighted but shocked.

PeterboroHibee
17-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Every player has their price, and the player can also hugely influence whether they move (not that McGinn appears to be the sort of player that would do that).

In saying that, Im not sure I see anyone matching the asking price this summer giving his fairly limited experience in the Premiership.

hibs#1
17-04-2017, 03:04 PM
I'd go for niall mcginn out of contract and I've always rated him.

bingo70
17-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Jeezo ur the prophet of doom mate...even if Cummings does leave u don't even know what players are coming in yet and your tipping us to struggle!!! Let's see what the ins and outs are over the summer first ah??

Not at all, you misunderstand what I'm saying and confusing what I'm saying is the worst case scenario to what I think will happen.

Fwiw I think it's a very exciting summer ahead, I think McGinn and Cummings will be sold for a lot of money and with no infrastructure to pay for there'll be plenty money getting invested in the team. With that in mind I think all the signs point towards a good season next year.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Not at all, you misunderstand what I'm saying and confusing what I'm saying is the worst case scenario to what I think will happen.

Fwiw I think it's a very exciting summer ahead, I think McGinn and Cummings will be sold for a lot of money and with no infrastructure to pay for there'll be plenty money getting invested in the team. With that in mind I think all the signs point towards a good season next year.
OK mate no worries fwiw I don't think either will be sold I reckon they will both stay at least till Jan if not end of next season...and I still think we will see a few exciting signings coming in....interesting times

Fife-Hibee
17-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Good time to be a hibby 💚

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Certainly don't think McGinn would fancy Celtic .The money might be good but there's no guarantee he would get in the team.

Tamhere1875
17-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Michael O'Halloran + cash for Jason ?

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 03:47 PM
You have got to be kidding.

Stevie Reid
17-04-2017, 03:47 PM

Apart from the fact that Rangers are highly unlikely to have the money required, it would be a poor deal for us. Jason is five years younger and scored three times as many goals.

brog
17-04-2017, 03:54 PM
An interesting one is Jordan White at Wrexham. He's the big striker who was at Livvy last season & was linked with us. He was seriously ill soon after joining Wrexham & only really started playing in Jan. He's scored 2 today making it 4 in 3 games. He played against my local team Bromley recently & apparently completely bullied their defence. Don't know his contract situation & not suggesting he'd be a 1st choice but possibly an option from the bench.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-04-2017, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=RagingReality;5013175]Thought I'd get this going early seeing as our Premiership status is confirmed and the squad rebuilding has already begun. Below's an overview of our activity so far and rumours:

Confirmed in:

Confirmed new contracts:

Confirmed out:

Rumoured in:

Rumoured new contracts:

Rumoured out:
John McGinn (Celtic, Sunderland, West Brom)[/QUOTE

No way JC will go to the huns IMO, they can't afford him despite what the top table masons.....sorry hun board say.

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 04:23 PM

This is spot on.

I'd go further and suggest we need to speak to them about whether they'll commit for at least the season rather than passively seeing if they express a willingness to move on. I might even be inclined to actively pursue selling them if there's any doubt.

As important as both players are and as important as the service they have given the club is the entire transfer window is a completely different prospect if Cummings and/or McGinn move both in terms of what we need and what we can finance. If we lose them at the end of the window then it's **** all use as X million in the bank isn't going to get us points in football matches.

Eyrie
17-04-2017, 04:30 PM
This is spot on.

I'd go further and suggest we need to speak to them about whether they'll commit for at least the season rather than passively seeing if they express a willingness to move on. I might even be inclined to actively pursue selling them if there's any doubt.

As important as both players are and as important as the service they have given the club is the entire transfer window is a completely different prospect if Cummings and/or McGinn move both in terms of what we need and what we can finance. If we lose them at the end of the window then it's **** all use as X million in the bank isn't going to get us points in football matches.

Other thing I'd add is that if we are intending to sell them then we need to get their replacements in first to avoid clubs hiking their prices and agents their wage demands.

Personally I'd want to keep both for a season. If not then I'd prefer to sell one this summer and one next year given that both will move on at some point.

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2017, 04:36 PM

Away and *****

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 04:44 PM

Don't get it at all with Miller: 9 goals at an average of one in every three games and 37 years old.

Boyce, Moult and Doolan are all significantly better prospects from the top league offering more goals, scored more frequently, scored for less dominant teams and all with fewer miles on the clock. I'd take any one of them over Miller every day of the week.

Aldo
17-04-2017, 04:45 PM

No thanks.

I can guarantee that Jason will not be sold to Newco. Especially after the Scott Allan saga.

They can't afford him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Other thing I'd add is that if we are intending to sell them then we need to get their replacements in first to avoid clubs hiking their prices and agents their wage demands.

Personally I'd want to keep both for a season. If not then I'd prefer to sell one this summer and one next year given that both will move on at some point.

Absolutely. I loved the way Daniel Levy at Spurs handled the Bale transfer.
Got the deal to the point he was comfortable that they were gonna get around £80 million.
Did his buying knowing it was coming in and then finished the deal for Bale.

Aldo
17-04-2017, 04:46 PM
This is spot on.

I'd happily swap SJM for Leigh Griffiths and bring in Nallan as SHM replacement!

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 04:54 PM
This is spot on.

The ball is entirely in Hibs court.Touting players to other clubs is a sign of weakness in my opinion.

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 05:02 PM
I'd happily swap SJM for Leigh Griffiths and bring in Nallan as SHM replacement!

The problem with Griffiths is surely wages no?

I could see Celtic possibly dealing and, if JC or McGinn are sold, we might even be able to make the transfer fee.
Where we're nowhere near are his wages.

CapitalGreen
17-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Absolutely. I loved the way Daniel Levy at Spurs handled the Bale transfer.
Got the deal to the point he was comfortable that they were gonna get around £80 million.
Did his buying knowing it was coming in and then finished the deal for Bale.

You don't think Spurs paid over the odds for a number of the players they brought in during that window? Everyone knew they had a big load of cash coming in.

Soldado - £26m, sold 2 years later for £10m
Paulinho - £17m, sold 2 years later for £10m
Lamela - £30m

With the exception of Eriksen and possibly Chadli, they got very little value for money at the time of the Bale deal.

HibsNutter
RE: Cummings to Rangers rumours:

Lennon said the £1.8m figure we turned down for him last Summer "wouldn't cover his right leg now". I imagine we wouldn't sell for anything under £3m. If Rangers come calling that figure rises to £5m just because it's they horrible ****s. They cannot afford him.

I imagine he'll stay another year. English teams may not want to pay the big sum for a player who hasn't produced in the top flight - although we all know he is good enough and will shine next year, they don't. Don't imagine Celtic will want him, Rangers can't afford him, neither can any other Scottish club.

Houchy
^^^Aldo Deal^^^👍🏼

Col2
17-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Both JC and SJM are on long contracts, will be playing in top league and given our fan backing of the club I can't believe for one minute that we will be actively trying to sell them. There is no indication that either want to leave so I think it's fair to assume our summer transfer business will assume they stay with us.

However we all know that other clubs can come in and turn players heads so we are not in control of everything. But until that happens and it may not then we should assume they will be here next season. Both players are still learning so from a development perspective they will benefit from playing in top league.

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 05:14 PM
The ball is entirely in Hibs court.Touting players to other clubs is a sign of weakness in my opinion.

It is in our court but I'm very concerned about the prospect of having to replace McGinn late in the day. He's got two years left to run so we should either be getting him to extend or we run the risk of being in a tricky situation next year when his value is diminished by only having a year left.

Cummings is also a concern but I'd imagine we're already looking at forwards - Holt I think got a year and Graham is a year with a further year option and Keatings is out of contract afaik - so I think that part of the team will be getting changed hugely anyhow. He's also got an extra year on his contract.

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Both JC and SJM are on long contracts, will be playing in top league and given our fan backing of the club I can't believe for one minute that we will be actively trying to sell them. There is no indication that either want to leave so I think it's fair to assume our summer transfer business will assume they stay with us.

However we all know that other clubs can come in and turn players heads so we are not in control of everything. But until that happens and it may not then we should assume they will be here next season. Both players are still learning so from a development perspective they will benefit from playing in top league.
Agree with this 100 per cent.You just don't build a reputation in the second tier of Scottish football when most of the clubs down south think that the first tier is a joke.

Dibben
17-04-2017, 05:17 PM
It is in our court but I'm very concerned about the prospect of having to replace McGinn late in the day. He's got two years left to run so we should either be getting him to extend or we run the risk of being in a tricky situation next year when his value is diminished by only having a year left.

Cummings is also a concern but I'd imagine we're already looking at forwards - Holt I think got a year and Graham is a year with a further year option and Keatings is out of contract afaik - so I think that part of the team will be getting changed hugely anyhow. He's also got an extra year on his contract.

SJM really seems to have his head screwed on and doesn't appear to. E in a rush to move on. I'm sure he knows that a very good season in the Premiership will see him have a much better choice of clubs down south to go to!?

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 05:27 PM
You don't think Spurs paid over the odds for a number of the players they brought in during that window? Everyone knew they had a big load of cash coming in.

Soldado - £26m, sold 2 years later for £10m
Paulinho - £17m, sold 2 years later for £10m
Lamela - £30m

With the exception of Eriksen and possibly Chadli, they got very little value for money at the time of the Bale deal.

I think they got better value than they would have if they'd had the money in the bank.

Soldado was a great prospect when they bought him - a goal every other game in his first two seasons in the Spanish top flight and two goals in every three in the season before they signed him. 26 million wasn't bad based on his form at the time. Granted it looks a lot worse given he was Tom Kite for them ;)

Paulinho was a Brazillian international who'd recently broken into the international team properly and had just scored three goals for them.

Lamela had just hit 15 in 33 in from midfield in Serie A the season before which is pretty tasty although £30 million was excessive.

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 05:29 PM
SJM really seems to have his head screwed on and doesn't appear to. E in a rush to move on. I'm sure he knows that a very good season in the Premiership will see him have a much better choice of clubs down south to go to!?

Really hope so. Would be extremely sad to see him languish on the bench at Celtic.
As you say though - has his head screwed on so would presumably see that it'd take something special for him to be getting a game there.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Wish some.posters on here would stop trying to sell.our best players - there in NO indication that either Cummings or SJM don't want to stay another year and both are on long contracts. No need to.sell or demand they sign new deals either...can we just chill for a minute ...

Slavoj Zizek
17-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Oh for the love of Christ. Let our hangovers settle. We still have the cup to play for. FACTS are no one knows what is happening next season. I heard some breaking news only because I saw Neil Lennon in the Carriers Quarters, I drink with him every weekend, and he told me are signing Hendo, Stokes, Ambrose, Deek and Griffiths [only on loan mind you] :rolleyes: #PETRIEOOT :wink: EDIT: We will be selling Cummings, SJM and Dazza because I met their agent in Strahies. Settle down guys.

Slavoj Zizek
17-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Wish some.posters on here would stop trying to sell.our best players - there in NO indication that either Cummings or SJM don't want to stay another year and both are on long contracts. No need to.sell or demand they sign new deals either...can we just chill for a minute ...

Well said mate, rational season ticket holders like us know the score but logic is in short supply. Just look at the PM board...LOL

JimboHibs
17-04-2017, 05:45 PM
An interesting one is Jordan White at Wrexham. He's the big striker who was at Livvy last season & was linked with us. He was seriously ill soon after joining Wrexham & only really started playing in Jan. He's scored 2 today making it 4 in 3 games. He played against my local team Bromley recently & apparently completely bullied their defence. Don't know his contract situation & not suggesting he'd be a 1st choice but possibly an option from the bench.

Good player always felt he stood out in the Livi team.

AlbertK86
17-04-2017, 05:46 PM
The problem with Griffiths is surely wages no? I could see Celtic possibly dealing and, if JC or McGinn are sold, we might even be able to make the transfer fee. Where we're nowhere near are his wages.

Swap Leigh and Hendo plus £2.5 mill for SJM. Give Leigh a massive signing on fee to compensate for the low wages

weecounty hibby
17-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Swap Leigh and Hendo plus £2.5 mill for SJM. Give Leigh a massive signing on fee to compensate for the low wages

Here's a funny thing. What about we keep McGinn and Cummings and Fyvie and the rest of our top players and the add some more quality to the squad so that we can really put up a challenge. I know we will always be primarily a selling club, as are ever other club inScotland even Celtic, but we should only sell when A we have to or B when we get an offer too good to refuse.

Since90+2
17-04-2017, 05:56 PM

How much do you think Griffiths is currently worth? 3 or 4 million I would reckon atleast.

Its fantasy to think he would be involved in any swap deal , let alone plus Henderson aswell as 2.5 million!

Hibs90
17-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Can't name my source but McGinn is staying. Not sure about JC.

southsider
17-04-2017, 05:59 PM
We got 4.4 million for Brown iirc so I can't see us getting anything like that for McGinn. Brown was seen as the best Scottish prospect in years when we sold him which drove the price up, you also had both Celtic and Rangers wanting him which meant we could play hard ball.

If we got anything over 3 million for McGinn I'd be delighted but shocked.
Was SB a full Scotland cap when we sold him ?

Since90+2
17-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Nobody can possibly know he is staying , not even McGinn himself. Unless he is prepared to stay regardless of whichever club might come in for him which I find hard to believe.

H18 SFR
17-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Heard the same today albeit 3rd or 4th hand apparently from the man himself in Edinburgh at the weekend.

H18 SFR
17-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Was SB a full Scotland cap when we sold him ?

Yes.

Hibs90
17-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Nobody can possibly know he is staying , not even McGinn himself. Unless he is prepared to stay regardless of whichever club might come in for him which I find hard to believe.

He wants a crack at the Premiership and is happy to stay.

Heard the same today albeit 3rd or 4th hand apparently from the man himself in Edinburgh at the weekend.

:wink:

dmc1875
17-04-2017, 06:11 PM
It's not easy to guess what's going to happen in the window but my gut feeling is McGinn will stillbe with us, Cummings won't.

Slavoj Zizek
17-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Bro your HP Sauce might be tasty but it is wrong I read on the PM board that both are on the bus tonight to Israel in return for Marciano. :na na:

Slavoj Zizek
17-04-2017, 06:21 PM

Exactly. It is the same tiresome BS we get every window/cup-final/semi major event in our history from the same so-called ITK posters who get their knowledge from boozers, charity and player sponsorship events. Going back to O-Level Maths. Show your working...

The Leith Dutch
17-04-2017, 06:27 PM

Not sure anyone is *trying* to sell them and the impression I get is everyone would prefer they stayed.
It is however a thread concerning speculation and rumour and discussions about those things.

Any speculation about our transfer dealings that didn't take account the potential sale of probably our two best players who may (and have in Cummings case) attract large offers from potential suitors in the upcoming transfer window is almost impossible as what we need to bring in and what we can afford to bring in changes dramatically in the case of selling one or both of those players.

Also - isn't it the case that McGinn has 2 years left on his contract? Apologies if wrong but if it is 2 years the club would be remiss if they're not looking at trying to get a new deal tabled to a 22 year old who's one of the brightest prospects in Scottish football.

greenlex
17-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Exactly. It is the same tiresome BS we get every window/cup-final/semi major event in our history from the same so-called ITK posters who get their knowledge from boozers, charity and player sponsorship events. Going back to O-Level Maths. Show your working...

See instead of smegging the thread up with your own brand of bull can you not just ignore the thread mate. You're the one becoming tiresome. Cheers.

Slavoj Zizek
17-04-2017, 06:31 PM
See instead of smegging the thread up with your own brand of bull can you not just ignore the thread mate. You're the one becoming tiresome. Cheers.

You seem upset bro. You want to talk about it. Did you meet Lenny in a boozer on Saturday night?

Jones28
17-04-2017, 06:44 PM

You're off your heed if you think McGinn is worth Griffiths, Henderson and £2.5 million

BegbieHSC
17-04-2017, 07:12 PM
In terms of the potential outgoings, I would be absolutely gutted if McGinn or Cummings left. Give us a year, and let them showcase their talents at the top level in Scotland, before getting an even better move than what is potentially on the table at the moment.

On Cummings specifically, boy is an absolute talent, and I would be devastated if we sold him to Sevco. They really are a team we should be challenging in the league next year, and given the Scott Allan saga, and the general bile we as Hibernian fans have been subjected to in recent years at the hands of their supporters, I would feel massively let down by all involved, and it could have serious ramifications for potential ticket sales in the future. I would be really altogether against any sort of transfers between the two clubs in the near future.

Jase has it all, and if he makes the right move after a year in the premiership with us, we could be looking at one of the first names on the national team's teamsheet - Sevco is not that move!

Incoming, realistically Griffiths is really highly unlikely. Wee Mallan could certainly do a good job for us; would love to see us keep a hold of Shinnie, and if there is any chance that Hendo is on the market, look into that.

Players who we really need, would be an Anthony Stokes, and all the noises down south suggest that that rumour may have some legs; we need a winger - GMS could be good, and Niall McGinn could also (although I expect he's on his way to the English Championship.)

In short - Retain Cummings and McGinn
Sign: Stokesy
Hendo
Efe
Shinnie
Marciano
Mallan
McGinn (Niall)
GMS

FitbaFolkKen
17-04-2017, 07:30 PM
You seem upset bro. You want to talk about it. Did you meet Lenny in a boozer on Saturday night?

You go on about tiresome BS and then post just to noise folk up. Give it a rest.

AlbertK86
17-04-2017, 07:35 PM
How much do you think Griffiths is currently worth? 3 or 4 million I would reckon atleast. Its fantasy to think he would be involved in any swap deal , let alone plus Henderson aswell as 2.5 million!

Apologies people the post was tongue in cheek! Should've put in an emoji!

No way Leigh coming back for years yet and I want SJM. Driving our challenge forward in the top league.

His attitude is what we need. His 'lavin it, bring it on reaction when we were drawn against Hertz at *********** said it all...... great winning mentality

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Aldo
17-04-2017, 07:45 PM
^^^Aldo Deal^^^ddc4dcdffc

There you go!!

Unseen work
17-04-2017, 07:46 PM
People that think we can get

Niall McGinn
Leigh Griffiths

Are deluded

bingo70
17-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Kelvin Wilson apparently very nearly signed for us In January. No idea why it fell through but he might be one to keep an eye on in the summer, especially if Fontaine moves on.

hibs#1
17-04-2017, 07:49 PM
In terms of the potential outgoings, I would be absolutely gutted if McGinn or Cummings left. Give us a year, and let them showcase their talents at the top level in Scotland, before getting an even better move than what is potentially on the table at the moment.

On Cummings specifically, boy is an absolute talent, and I would be devastated if we sold him to Sevco. They really are a team we should be challenging in the league next year, and given the Scott Allan saga, and the general bile we as Hibernian fans have been subjected to in recent years at the hands of their supporters, I would feel massively let down by all involved, and it could have serious ramifications for potential ticket sales in the future. I would be really altogether against any sort of transfers between the two clubs in the near future.

Jase has it all, and if he makes the right move after a year in the premiership with us, we could be looking at one of the first names on the national team's teamsheet - Sevco is not that move!

Incoming, realistically Griffiths is really highly unlikely. Wee Mallan could certainly do a good job for us; would love to see us keep a hold of Shinnie, and if there is any chance that Hendo is on the market, look into that.

Players who we really need, would be an Anthony Stokes, and all the noises down south suggest that that rumour may have some legs; we need a winger - GMS could be good, and Niall McGinn could also (although I expect he's on his way to the English Championship.)

Hendo
Efe
Shinnie
Marciano
Mallan
McGinn (Niall)
GMS

That would be fantastic and a ridiculously strong squad sadly unlikely😣

Aldo
17-04-2017, 08:52 PM
That would be fantastic and a ridiculously strong squad sadly unlikelydde23

I think with LD at the helm anything is possible!!

I'm actually looking forward to this pre season and the transfer window opening!!

Mikey09
17-04-2017, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Slavoj Zizek;5013779]You seem upset bro. You want to talk about it. Did you meet Lenny in a boozer on Saturday night?[/QUOTE

The thread is for fans to have a bit of debate and suggest players they would like. Others might have a wee bit info about other players. If it bothers you that much Dinnae read it.... Bro.

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Anything in the rumour that LD has been saving up for next season to give us the biggest budget outside the OF?

Yes.... allegedly the biggest budget outside of Celtic.

Callum_62
18-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Id be shocked if that were the case

JimBHibees
18-04-2017, 09:57 AM

Not a chance.

SRHibs
18-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Not a chance.

Yeah, seems like nonsense. You can't really "save up" for a bigger budget, because it has to be sustainable over a number of years, not just for one season. If it's just in regards to transfer money, then it's not unfeasible. Rangers haven't got a dime, Aberdeen's crowds are low, Hearts are skint after paying(partially) for their new super-mega-grandstand. We probably do have the most money available for transfer fees outside of Celtic.

neil7908
18-04-2017, 10:34 AM

If we keep selling season tickets at the current level we should have a bigger budget than Aberdeen and Hearts easily. Given we'll be getting a boost in TV money next year, and on the back of our success in the cup this year and last, we should be in a great financial position.

Although the Rangers are skint they can't let on to their fans so I suspect they will keep spending money they don't have and will out spend us, at least on wages.

StevieCowan
18-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Very comparable with everyone bar Celtic and Rangers, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that we had the 3rd highest playing budget.

Hearts and Aberdeen both have significant infrastructure projects to pay for.

Ozyhibby
18-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Very comparable with everyone bar Celtic and Rangers, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that we had the 3rd highest playing budget.

Hearts and Aberdeen both have significant infrastructure projects to pay for.

And it's time we showed it as well. I expect us to sign some real quality this summer.

1van Sprou7e
18-04-2017, 10:49 AM

Hendo
Efe
Shinnie
Marciano
Mallan
McGinn (Niall)
GMS

Lol we're not going to sell Cummings to Rangers. In fact I bet it'll be a good few years before we sell a key player to them after the Scott Allan saga

I'd obviously like him to stay but I won't blame him if he heads south

hibs#1
18-04-2017, 11:05 AM
I think with LD at the helm anything is possible!!

I'm actually looking forward to this pre season and the transfer window opening!!

I dont disagree with you.all is looking good the now 😊

houstonhibbee
18-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Yeah, seems like nonsense. You can't really "save up" for a bigger budget, because it has to be sustainable over a number of years, not just for one season. If it's just in regards to transfer money, then it's not unfeasible. Rangers haven't got a dime, Aberdeen's crowds are low, Hearts are skint after paying(partially) for their new super-mega-grandstand. We probably do have the most money available for transfer fees outside of Celtic.
If we have money to spend we should not use it on transfer fees but use it to increase the wages pot. That will improve the quality we have . Paying transfer fees is just throwing money wasn't if we can't affoed to pay better wages

hibs0666
18-04-2017, 11:31 AM
If we have money to spend we should not use it on transfer fees but use it to increase the wages pot. That will improve the quality we have . Paying transfer fees is just throwing money wasn't if we can't affoed to pay better wages

John McGinn.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2017, 11:46 AM

That's not going to happen. Aberdeen's budget is heavily subsidised by Stewart Milne. We don't have a benefactor prepared to fund out us out of their own pocket.

dirtydirk
18-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Not rumours but what about a couple of the Edinburgh born players playing down south like Marc McNulty/ Stefan Scougall and Ryan Flynn. Havent seen any of their names about for a while so guessing they are out of favour

JDHibs
18-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Not rumours but what about a couple of the Edinburgh born players playing down south like Marc McNulty/ Stefan Scougall and Ryan Flynn. Havent seen any of their names about for a while so guessing they are out of favour

Scougall - 29 apps this season
McNulty - 21
Flynn - 42

Wouldnt say any of them seem to be out of favour. Sheff Utd just been promoted so may look to let people go. We chose to let Scougall go because he was too small when he was younger. Great player.

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Havent heard that.

Its interesting though if there is a few quid hidden away, plus whatever budget we can budget for in the premiership, plus whatever we get for winning the Championship , plus this years SC run and crowds season tickets etc /... Hibees are minted !

Good times.

Rodders must be lovin this

The Leith Dutch
18-04-2017, 12:39 PM

Surely the important thing is the quality of the player we can get?

I think most people who've watched the team agree we need some new players - I doubt for example many would be content starting next season with Cummings, Holt, Keatings, Graham and Boyle as our strikers.

If that's the case then we'd use the money to get the best players we can find.

Saying we're only going to look at out of contract or freed players would severely limit our options quality wise as most of those players are out of contract or being freed for a reason.

Geo_1875
18-04-2017, 01:27 PM

I think most people who've watched the team agree we need some new players - I doubt for example many would be content starting next season with Cummings, Holt, Keatings, Graham and Boyle as our strikers.

Saying we're only going to look at out of contract or freed players would severely limit our options quality wise as most of those players are out of contract or being freed for a reason.

Just as well we didn't look at Cummings when he was freed by Hertz or McGregor when he was freed by Sevco.

brog
18-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Scougall - 29 apps this season
McNulty - 21
Flynn - 42

Wouldnt say any of them seem to be out of favour. Sheff Utd just been promoted so may look to let people go. We chose to let Scougall go because he was too small when he was younger. Great player.

I was told we were tracking McNulty earlier in the season & I posted on here. The OP is correct however in that most of his appearances this season were for Pompey in 1st half of season. He hasn't started/played for Blades for months. I suspect he would be available.

JDHibs
18-04-2017, 01:57 PM

Recent players we have signed after being released/contracts ran down by their club -

McGregor
Gray
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Bartley
Keatings
Boyle
Graham (i think)
S. Allan
Logan
Humphreys
Holt

John Terry, for example, is being released by Chelsea, does that mean we shouldnt look at him? Just because a player is released, doesnt mean they arent good enough. I highly doubt we will go out and splash loads of cash on transfer fees, maybe 1 or 2 like McGinns, young player with potential, such as Sibbald or Mallan. Rest will be frees.

SanFranHibs
18-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Recent players we have signed after being released/contracts ran down by their club -

McGregor
Gray
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Bartley
Keatings
Boyle
Graham (i think)
S. Allan
Logan
Humphreys
Holt

John Terry, for example, is being released by Chelsea, does that mean we shouldnt look at him? Just because a player is released, doesnt mean they arent good enough. I highly doubt we will go out and splash loads of cash on transfer fees, maybe 1 or 2 like McGinns, young player with potential, such as Sibbald or Mallan. Rest will be frees.

I don't understand why we don't adopt the Hearts tactic of trawling. Just cast a wide net, see what gets caught and surely one will be worth keeping. Look how its worked for them this season. Second place down to 5th. Playing with incredible flair. Crowds on the decline. And still a bake-a-cake sale to look forward to! Heady days indeed.

Apologies for not being constructive but deep in the heart of Texas I never get to see many of our 'potential' signings and as someone has already mentioned Derek 'Could he still do a job for us?' Riordan I have nothing to add, except it is rather exciting and moreso because we playing in the top flight next season.

I'll have Al Jonson sing........

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

snooky
18-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Here's a funny thing. What about we keep McGinn and Cummings and Fyvie and the rest of our top players and the add some more quality to the squad so that we can really put up a challenge. I know we will always be primarily a selling club, as are ever other club inScotland even Celtic, but we should only sell when A we have to or B when we get an offer too good to refuse.

A totally level-headed and sensible post and unappreciated here on the Nutters-R-Us board.
Begone you. :wink:

CMurdoch
18-04-2017, 03:46 PM
That's not going to happen. Aberdeen's budget is heavily subsidised by Stewart Milne. We don't have a benefactor prepared to fund out us out of their own pocket.

We are likely to have at least 3,500 extra fans per game over Aberdeen which will be worth about £1.5 million pounds over a season. So unless Milne is putting that kind of money into Aberdeen every season (I would be amazed if he put more than a tenth of that in these days) Hibs will have the 3rd highest player budget for season 2016/17.
I would like to replace Holt with Moult, Keatings with Boyce, Humphrey with Mallen
Fontaine with Ambrose and either renew the loans or sign up Marciano and Shinnie.
Getting these players in and paid for a season would cost us about £1million given the wages of the above released players would be saved. Well within our compass.
Guys like Stokes and Griffiths are non starters. They have lucrative contracts that we can't match so they will stay were they are or move on to clubs that can pay similar wages.
Hibs would be a step up for Moult, Boyce and Mallen in terms of wages and status (would realistically finish 4th in the SPL) so they are realistic targets.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Will trust NL, the board and the scouting network to find the best players on the best deal possible for the club first and foremost then the player.

We are a very attractive proposition heading in to next season. A club that has a real "feel good factor" about it and a core of extremely talented players.

I'd do all I can to secure the long term future of Marciano (if possible), McGregor, Stevenson, Gray, Fyvie, Mcginn (on new terms) Bartley.

Happy for players like Holt, Keatings and Boyle in a squad rotation capacity. Hopefully keep a hold of Jase but if a team was to over in excess of £4M it would be hard to turn down.

Would hope to see the likes of Crane, Martin plus other fringe players given a chance between now and the start of the season to see if they have what it takes to be involved in the squad come September.

Would love Moult from Motherwell as a striker plus stokesy and a midfielder that will chip in with 10+ goals

Winston Ingram
18-04-2017, 05:08 PM
We are likely to have at least 3,500 extra fans per game over Aberdeen which will be worth about £1.5 million pounds over a season. So unless Milne is putting that kind of money into Aberdeen every season (I would be amazed if he put more than a tenth of that in these days) Hibs will have the 3rd highest player budget for season 2016/17.
I would like to replace Holt with Moult, Keatings with Boyce, Humphrey with Mallen
Fontaine with Ambrose and either renew the loans or sign up Marciano and Shinnie.
Getting these players in and paid for a season would cost us about £1million given the wages of the above released players would be saved. Well within our compass.
Guys like Stokes and Griffiths are non starters. They have lucrative contracts that we can't match so they will stay were they are or move on to clubs that can pay similar wages.
Hibs would be a step up for Moult, Boyce and Mallen in terms of wages and status (would realistically finish 4th in the SPL) so they are realistic targets.

Milne is putting in huge money up there.

McGinn, McLean, Lewis, Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie are all on huge money. The last 3 even signed lengthy contract extensions in the last year.

We'll be limited like all other clubs by our turnover, Aberdeen aren't. Adam Rooney, is signed until 2020. We're looking at our 2nd good ST sales number in a nearly a decade. We could have a horror show next year and it could trigger a huge slump in ST sales for the following year. As a result we'll have to take that into account when considering what we offer and how long we offer it for.

Andy74
18-04-2017, 05:25 PM

McGinn, McLean, Lewis, Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie are all on huge money. The last 3 even signed lengthy contract extensions in the last year.

We'll be limited like all other clubs by our turnover, Aberdeen aren't. Adam Rooney, is signed until 2020. We're looking at our 2nd good ST sales number in a nearly a decade. We could have a horror show next year and it could trigger a huge slump in ST sales for the following year. As a result we'll have to take that into account when considering what we offer and how long we offer it for.

Any links to the funding Milne is putting in? Can't imagine he will be throwing in the sums talked about on an ongoing basis.

cmcd
18-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Will trust NL, the board and the scouting network to find the best players on the best deal possible for the club first and foremost then the player.

We are a very attractive proposition heading in to next season. A club that has a real "feel good factor" about it and a core of extremely talented players.

I'd do all I can to secure the long term future of Marciano (if possible), McGregor, Stevenson, Gray, Fyvie, Mcginn (on new terms) Bartley.

Happy for players like Holt, Keatings and Boyle in a squad rotation capacity. Hopefully keep a hold of Jase but if a team was to over in excess of £4M it would be hard to turn down.

Would hope to see the likes of Crane, Martin plus other fringe players given a chance between now and the start of the season to see if they have what it takes to be involved in the squad come September.

Would love Moult from Motherwell as a striker plus stokesy and a midfielder that will chip in with 10+ goals
I'm sorry but in my opinion there is no way we will get 4million for Cummings

ancient hibee
18-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Sanity restored.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Then he's going nowhere. Simples. He's on a long term deal. Clubs won't pay what we want? Look elsewhere

weecounty hibby
18-04-2017, 06:46 PM
A totally level-headed and sensible post and unappreciated here on the Nutters-R-Us board.
Begone you. :wink:

Totally out of character for me. It probably won't happen again!!!

jacomo
18-04-2017, 07:03 PM

£10m then?

Ozyhibby
18-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Any links to the funding Milne is putting in? Can't imagine he will be throwing in the sums talked about on an ongoing basis.

There is no hint of it in Aberdeen's accounts although they do show they have a massive unexplained turnover from commercial activities. I'm sure their turnover was about £5m higher than ours last season.

Slavoj Zizek
18-04-2017, 07:24 PM
4m for Cummings. Take a step back and a deep breath guys. What adrenaline fueled menopausal giddiness have my eyes been exposed to. A great player: Yes. A good hibbie: Yes. Worth more than Scott Brown [plus inflation]. Just behave. Wake me up when we are sigining Deek and Leigh... :greengrin

Unseen work
18-04-2017, 07:30 PM
If we get 4 million combined for both Cummings and McGinn we will be doing very well.

Never mind 4 million per player.

Slavoj Zizek
18-04-2017, 07:33 PM

Any links to the funding he is not putting in. All I see is wee Stewarty buying land for a new stadium and investing in consistent European football in a sustainable and financially fair way with the ultimate aim of breaking the old firm.

brog
18-04-2017, 07:34 PM

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Aberdeen's 1st team players averaged considerably less than 3k a week last season. Even allowing for variances from top to bottom earners I doubt the top would earn more than 4-5k & that would be no more than 1 or 2. As for Milne pouring money in I worked in Aberdeen for years & their fans all complain about his lack of financial input. At the moment he's talking about needing a mortgage for the new stadium & he's doing a Budgie in soliciting donations. I'm confident we will match Aberdeen in our ability to recruit decent players.

Unseen work
18-04-2017, 07:38 PM
The thing with aberdeen as they don't have many players who they could sell for a good fee imo.

The majority of there squad is quite old and probably won't go to a better team .

Joe Lewis
Shay Logan
Shinnie
Mclean
Hayes
Rooney

Would be there most valuable players but I can't imagine them bringing in the sort of money as McGinn or Cummings because of there age.

StevieCowan
18-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Cummings - name me one other Scottish centre forward under the age of 25 who is even close to him in terms of goals, appearances and potential?

The answer is there isn't. A season of 15 goals in the top flight next season will put him into the Steven Fletcher category.

McGinn is a regular in the national squad and will be for years to come. What's the market rate for a central midfielder of his age and sell on potential?

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-04-2017, 07:46 PM
4m for Cummings. Take a step back and a deep breath guys. What adrenaline fueled menopausal giddiness have my eyes been exposed to. A great player: Yes. A good hibbie: Yes. Worth more than Scott Brown [plus inflation]. Just behave. Wake me up when we are sigining Deek and Leigh... :greengrin

Not entirely sure how comparing a striker to a midfielder works, but ok.

Let's make a better comparison. Steven fletcher. In the 4 seasons where he played over 30 games a season he averaged out at a whopping 10 goals a season. "Aye but he was playing against better opposition" yep, weekly he was playing against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline. I don't buy that nonsense. Jase has already proved he does the business in the big games. How many goals has he already got against current premiership sides? Does anyone doubt he won't bag another 20 next season?

I'd say Cummings could score double figures in the English championship just now. How much would a club pay for a player from the English league one or from a championship rival for a similar player? Imo well in excess of £5M.

We wonder why our league and game will never prosper. Well I'm sorry but selling our prized assets for a combined total of £4M will continue to see us drop further and further behind average footballing countries like Denmark,Sweden.

He has a long term contract. We hold the power in any negotiations with clubs.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2017, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Aberdeen's 1st team players averaged considerably less than 3k a week last season. Even allowing for variances from top to bottom earners I doubt the top would earn more than 4-5k & that would be no more than 1 or 2. As for Milne pouring money in I worked in Aberdeen for years & their fans all complain about his lack of financial input. At the moment he's talking about needing a mortgage for the new stadium & he's doing a Budgie in soliciting donations. I'm confident we will match Aberdeen in our ability to recruit decent players.

An average is of £3k a week is absolutely huge. Spread that over a squad of 22 including young & fringe players that's massive.

Our top wage is about £2k. Our average once you include younger and fringe players is probably nearer around £1250.

Milne previously wouldn't spend money but over the last 3 or so years, he's certainly changed that.

HoboHarry
18-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Not entirely sure how comparing a striker to a midfielder works, but ok.

Let's make a better comparison. Steven fletcher. In the 4 seasons where he played over 30 games a season he averaged out at a whopping 10 goals a season. "Aye but he was playing against better opposition" yep, weekly he was playing against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline. I don't buy that nonsense. Jase has already proved he does the business in the big games. How many goals has he already got against current premiership sides? Does anyone doubt he won't bag another 20 next season?

I'd say Cummings could score double figures in the English championship just now. How much would a club pay for a player from the English league one or from a championship rival for a similar player? Imo well in excess of £5M.

We wonder why our league and game will never prosper. Well I'm sorry but selling our prized assets for a combined total of £4M will continue to see us drop further and further behind average footballing countries like Denmark,Sweden.

He has a long term contract. We hold the power in any negotiations with clubs.
Haw you, there's nae place on these forums for folk like you who use reasoning and logic in your posts. Beat it ya radge.......

hibs#1
18-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Ross mccormack went for 15 million twice has he not?if we are selling players to English teams I'd be expecting big bucks the money down there is ridiculous.

hfc rd
18-04-2017, 08:07 PM
The thing with aberdeen as they don't have many players who they could sell for a good fee imo.

The majority of there squad is quite old and probably won't go to a better team .

Joe Lewis
Shay Logan
Shinnie
Mclean
Hayes
Rooney

Would be there most valuable players but I can't imagine them bringing in the sort of money as McGinn or Cummings because of there age.

Shinnie & McLean are both 25. I wouldn't consider that old to prevent them receiving a good fee for either of them.

I'm sure Hayes was wanted by Cardiff City in January before he signed a new contract.

cmcd
18-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Ross mccormack went for 15 million twice has he not?if we are selling players to English teams I'd be expecting big bucks the money down there is ridiculous.

English Championship teams will want a CF who can shoot with both feet head the ball and beat a man . Jason is by no means the finished article. Given time he could make it but not at the moment .Before the machine guns come out I genuinely want the boy to succeed and hopefuflly with us

jacomo
18-04-2017, 08:24 PM
If we get 4 million combined for both Cummings and McGinn we will be doing very well.

Never mind 4 million per player.

Such misery!

Why would McGinn go for less than we got for Brown 10 years ago?

Andy74
18-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Any links to the funding he is not putting in. All I see is wee Stewarty buying land for a new stadium and investing in consistent European football in a sustainable and financially fair way with the ultimate aim of breaking the old firm.

Should be easy enough to point to the funding coming from him then? I'm genuinely interested in whether he is personally funding their player budget.

HoboHarry
18-04-2017, 08:36 PM
An average is of £3k a week is absolutely huge. Spread that over a squad of 22 including young & fringe players that's massive.

Our top wage is about £2k. Our average once you include younger and fringe players is probably nearer around £1250.

Milne previously wouldn't spend money but over the last 3 or so years, he's certainly changed that.
How do you know this?

Unseen work
18-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Shinnie & McLean are both 25. I wouldn't consider that old to prevent them receiving a good fee for either of them.

I'm sure Hayes was wanted by Cardiff City in January before he signed a new contract.

Mclean and Shinnie are the two that could attract good fee's but for some reason they don't seem to get the credit they deserve.

Yes he was but cause of his age I don't think they would get a big fee for him.

Unseen work
18-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Such misery!

Misery or realistic.

Imo Brown was a better player when he left and walked straight into the Celtic team, I don't think McGinn would get a game for Celtic.

He could go to England but I can't imagine them paying a big fee for a ex St Mirren player who has played his past 2 seasons in the championship.

The Leith Dutch
18-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Just as well we didn't look at Cummings when he was freed by Hertz or McGregor when he was freed by Sevco.

McGregor
Gray
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Bartley
Keatings
Boyle
Graham (i think)
S. Allan
Logan
Humphreys
Holt

You misunderstand - my point isn't that we shouldn't look at players on free transfers.
I was responding to the quoted poster's suggestion that we shouldn't be looking to pay any transfer fees which I think is a crazy limitation.

Nothing against players who don't have an attached transfer fee as there are good ones and equally there are some howling players you can pay a transfer fee for.

The point is only that we want quality players in and saying we're not paying transfer fees limits the possible options unecessarily.

I'd be happy to sign Liam Boyce for example and that would take a transfer fee.
If we find someone we genuinely believe will be as good or better that's free to sign then I'm happy with that too.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Aberdeen turned down £600k from Cardiff for Hayes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4171564/Aberdeen-reject-bid-Cardiff-target-Jonny-Hayes.html

calumhibee1
18-04-2017, 08:57 PM
How do you know this?

Nothing against WI but I very much doubt he does. Just like the posters on here who were telling everyone that Henderson is on about £700 a week at Celtic and anyone who thought he would be on more were idiots (not WI btw). Next to nobody knows these things and the folk that claim they know these things as fact are no more knowledgable than anyone else and are attention seeking IMO.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2017, 08:58 PM
How do you know this?

He doesn't, he's miles out.

HoboHarry
18-04-2017, 08:59 PM
He doesn't, he's miles out.

calumhibee1
18-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Such misery!

Scott Brown when he left Hibs was quite a bit better than McGinn is. He was ready to go straight into the Celtic first team and to be honest, he could have walked straight in as captain when he first signed. McGinn would struggle to get into the Celtic squad currently at full strength IMO.

The Leith Dutch
18-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Nothing against WI but I very much doubt he does. Just like the posters on here who were telling everyone that Henderson is on about £700 a week at Celtic and anyone who thought he would be on more were idiots (not WI btw). Next to nobody knows these things and the folk that claim they know these things as fact are no more knowledgable than anyone else and are attention seeking IMO.

I blame the Daily Star for publishing the wages from Football Manager :D

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4730/Every-Celtic-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed

eastmainsmsh
18-04-2017, 09:11 PM

And imo Cummings is potentially twice the player

lucky
18-04-2017, 09:22 PM
JC is worth more than SJM because teams will pay for a goal scorer. Teams in England will take a gamble on him because of the daft money down there. He could easily fetch £3m-£5m, which just shows how mad the game in England is.

brog
18-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Misery or realistic.

Imo Brown was a better player when he left and walked straight into the Celtic team, I don't think McGinn would get a game for Celtic.

He could go to England but I can't imagine them paying a big fee for a ex St Mirren player who has played his past 2 seasons in the championship.

Scott had 2 or 3 Scotland caps when we sold him, SJM has 3 now & both are/were similar ages. We got £4.4m for Scotty ,mainly because of John Collins who understood the Celtc culture, we have a manager now who also understands the Celtc Way! Like you I doubt we'd get £4m but I think £3m plus add ons is perfectly feasible. I suspect however Celtc would be looking for part exchanges with Liam, Scott A & Christie all in the frame.

Dunbar Hibee
18-04-2017, 10:10 PM
My prediction is both Super John and Cumdog will both be Hibs players next season.

fulshie
18-04-2017, 10:18 PM
With Brighton reportedly getting £200million for getting promotion from 2nd tier to first tier, does anyone know what we get? Obviously nothing like what Brighton is getting!

houstonhibbee
18-04-2017, 10:33 PM
You misunderstand - my point isn't that we shouldn't look at players on free transfers.
I was responding to the quoted poster's suggestion that we shouldn't be looking to pay any transfer fees which I think is a crazy limitation.

Nothing against players who don't have an attached transfer fee as there are good ones and equally there are some howling players you can pay a transfer fee for.

The point is only that we want quality players in and saying we're not paying transfer fees limits the possible options unecessarily.

I'd be happy to sign Liam Boyce for example and that would take a transfer fee.
If we find someone we genuinely believe will be as good or better that's free to sign then I'm happy with that too.
The point I was making is that id rather we spent $200k on attracting a quality player thats available for $4k / week rather than be limited to $2k / week and not get them. That would cover the additional wage over a 2 year contract. So we could perhaps entice the likes of Commons and Ambrose who will be out of contract. I dont think that's crazy at all.

The Leith Dutch
18-04-2017, 11:06 PM
The point I was making is that id rather we spent $200k on attracting a quality player thats available for $4k / week rather than be limited to $2k / week and not get them. That would cover the additional wage over a 2 year contract. So we could perhaps entice the likes of Commons and Ambrose who will be out of contract. I dont think that's crazy at all.

Sorry mate - I read it as we shouldn't be paying transfer fees....my bad :)

My one worry about wages is the wider dressing room - if a couple of guys come in at a significantly higher wage you often wind up getting others demanding a bump in salary. Possibly not an issue with the levels we're talking about mind :)

Fwiw - I'm pretty much fine with Transfer, Free or Wages as long as we get some players on the pitch that can get the ball in the net :aok:

snooky
18-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Like an auction, it depends totally on the amount of bidders.
We could get anything from sweeties to the Moon.

21sMay
18-04-2017, 11:54 PM
The amount of goals Cummings has in big games ..hearts, the rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee United is outstanding. As a hibs fan I would be looking for 3 million plus for him but would honestly rather keep him as we Will struggle to replace his goals.
As for John I'd be tempted with anything from 2-3 million as I think John maybe needs to move again and challenge himself at a higher level to take his game forward

Ozyhibby
19-04-2017, 01:14 AM
Scott had 2 or 3 Scotland caps when we sold him, SJM has 3 now & both are/were similar ages. We got £4.4m for Scotty ,mainly because of John Collins who understood the Celtc culture, we have a manager now who also understands the Celtc Way! Like you I doubt we'd get £4m but I think £3m plus add ons is perfectly feasible. I suspect however Celtc would be looking for part exchanges with Liam, Scott A & Christie all in the frame.

I have still not seen a shred of evidence that Celtic are remotely interested in John McGinn and yet it's constantly referred to on here?
I honestly don't think he would get in their midfield and that's not because I don't rate him.

Winston Ingram
19-04-2017, 05:28 AM
How do you know this?

I've got pals who are on the coaching staff and also a couple of pals who are coaches at other clubs. They all have a lot of conversations with agents and the agents are pretty free with information about what clubs pay. A member of my family also played for Dundee last year. What they all tell me all ties up. It's probably not bang on but it's in the right ball park.

When Hayes signed for Aberdeen in 2012, we were also in for him but Aberdeen gave him £4K a week. That blew us out the water. He's now signed an extension on top of that after Aberdeen knocked back a bid. You can be sure it's a lot more than £4K a week.

The wage when we came down was 2k and Leanne herself this week confirmed that we didn't downsize.

JimBHibees
19-04-2017, 06:19 AM
With Brighton reportedly getting £200million for getting promotion from 2nd tier to first tier, does anyone know what we get? Obviously nothing like what Brighton is getting!

Is it not 60 k or so? :rolleyes:

Greenworld
19-04-2017, 06:32 AM
Is it not 60 k or so? :rolleyes:
Is it not worth 1million more being in scottish premier than the championship

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
19-04-2017, 06:37 AM

I think hibs will get almost 500k for winning the championship bottom place Inverness will get almost quality million if they finish last so big difference

Weststandwanab
19-04-2017, 06:46 AM

What were you drinking then ?

Probably true.

You are way off the mark. regarding top wage.

JimBHibees
19-04-2017, 07:03 AM

I was quoting what I thought was the prize money for winning the championship.

Greenworld
19-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Ah misunderstood I believe it's 500k

Greenworld
19-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Ah misunderstood I believe it's 500k

Plus 500k for winning SC again nice we lift [emoji102] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

McD
19-04-2017, 07:28 AM

The 200 million being bandied about in the Brighton conversations is not just prize money, it's an estimate of tv money, advertising, higher attendances (travelling fans of big clubs), prize money, etc, combined.

scoopyboy
19-04-2017, 08:36 AM
What were you drinking then ?

Probably true.

You are way off the mark. regarding top wage.

I don't think he is far off the mark regarding top wage.

Forza Fred
19-04-2017, 09:12 AM
The amount of goals Cummings has in big games ..hearts, the rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee United is outstanding. As a hibs fan I would be looking for 3 million plus for him but would honestly rather keep him as we Will struggle to replace his goals.
As for John I'd be tempted with anything from 2-3 million as I think John maybe needs to move again and challenge himself at a higher level to take his game forward

I guess while we may see games against the sides you nominate as 'big' games, the clubs who come a hunting do not necessarily see it that same way.

Even among professional players/managers, the Scottish game is not viewed very highly, and where once upon a time every top club in England boasted a few Sctots in their side, now I doubt there would be that many in the EPL at all.

I'd be very surprised if an English side in the lower divisions would fork out more than 1.5 million for ANY player in the Scottish Championship.

JDHibs
19-04-2017, 09:15 AM
I guess while we may see games against the sides you nominate as 'big' games, the clubs who come a hunting do not necessarily see it that same way.

Even among professional players/managers, the Scottish game is not viewed very highly, and where once upon a time every top club in England boasted a few Sctots in their side, now I doubt there would be that many in the EPL at all.

I'd be very surprised if an English side in the lower divisions would fork out more than 1.5 million for ANY player in the Scottish Championship.

Bar Peterborough, who bid £1.7m for Cummings last summer....

Winston Ingram
19-04-2017, 01:43 PM

Tbf I think that was total value of the bid dependant on how he performed. The lump sum was nearer £1m iirc.

bingo70
19-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Tony Andreu went to Norwich for over a million from Hamilton after a good year at Hamilton.

Young rangers boy joined Brentford for about £1.2m without playing in the top flight.

There's been quite a good few players gone from Scotland that have had decent careers down south. Robertson, Whittaker, Naismith, McCormack, snodgrass, Berra, the young guy from Aberdeen now at Bournemouth, fletcher, Adam and sure there are others I've forgotten about.

Of course there's been flops as well but I bet the ratio of good to bad signings that have gone down south will probably be quite high and pound for pound I'm sure it's better value than many other leagues.

Winston Ingram
19-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Tony Andreu went to Norwich for over a million from Hamilton after a good year at Hamilton.

Young rangers boy joined Brentford for about £1.2m without playing in the top flight.

There's been quite a good few players gone from Scotland that have had decent careers down south. Robertson, Whittaker, Naismith, McCormack, snodgrass, Berra, the young guy from Aberdeen now at Bournemouth, fletcher, Adam and sure there are others I've forgotten about.

Of course there's been flops as well but I bet the ratio of good to bad signings that have gone down south will probably be quite high and pound for pound I'm sure it's better value than many other leagues.

I don't really think that's the greatest example. That fee was purely because his former manager, Alex Neil, hadn't a scooby about the standard of the Championship.
He's only ever made 6 sub appearances in the league for Norwich before he was found out.

CMurdoch
19-04-2017, 05:09 PM

The reason there are now so few Scottish players in the English Premiership is the same reason there are so few English players in the same league. The reason is it is now a World League with it's players drawn from the best the World has to offer so most Scottish and English players have been squeezed out.

As a result the good but not great Scottish players are now found in the English Championship with almost every team in that league having a couple of Scots in their ranks. Suspect this would be McGinn's level at the moment.

hibs#1
19-04-2017, 06:12 PM
English Championship teams will want a CF who can shoot with both feet head the ball and beat a man . Jason is by no means the finished article. Given time he could make it but not at the moment .Before the machine guns come out I genuinely want the boy to succeed and hopefuflly with us

Wasn't directly comparing the 2 players my point was while to some people 4 million is a lot of money,where as down south bang average players go for huge sums.

You are also correct in saying jase isn't the finished article.still love him though.

hibs#1
19-04-2017, 06:17 PM
And imo Cummings is potentially twice the player

He very well could turn out better.if we sell to English teams we should be asking for the going rate down there.

CockneyRebel
19-04-2017, 06:21 PM
The 200 million being bandied about in the Brighton conversations is not just prize money, it's an estimate of tv money, advertising, higher attendances (travelling fans of big clubs), prize money, etc, combined.

And it gets paid over the course of the season which is why most promoted teams don't spend big money until the January transfer window.

madhatter
19-04-2017, 06:34 PM
The reason there are now so few Scottish players in the English Premiership is the same reason there are so few English players in the same league. The reason is it is now a World League with it's players drawn from the best the World has to offer so most Scottish and English players have been squeezed out.

As a result the good but not great Scottish players are now found in the English Championship with almost every team in that league having a couple of Scots in their ranks. Suspect this would be McGinn's level at the moment.

I know what your meaning but the English Premiership is far from drawing "the best the World has to offer". Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Chiellini, Bonucci, Buffon, Ramos, Marcelo, Alba, Alaba, Lewandowski, Lahm, iniesta, Dybala and so on virtually until the end of time...all these players are better than what is in the Prem down south. It is an over hyped league. When's the next time an English team wins the Champions League? It's a league for non-ambitious money grabbers. Hence why Zlatan didn't go near the league until the end, play football at ambitious clubs then get the retirement top up in England. I can't believe the hype that league gets...Spurs are challenging Chelsea for the title...big deal, they've done well to get people advertising the league for free. Chelsea have a comfortable cushion but may still lose it. Spurs have spent huge recently and I'd hate to see their wage bill. Every club in that league needs a King Midas figure or they are circling the drain...

The point is that the Premier League is not for youngsters unless you have an exotic name. Then again, John Stones has done well considering he isn't great but probably on 100-120k a week. Arsenal Fan TV host is edgy about them maybe being after Dembele from Celtic because he thought he'd be able to score 5 goals in Scottish Premiership, not sure if you've seen the host but eh...no you couldn't mate. Shows the mentality and arrogance of that league, his beloved Arsenal get thrashed worse than Celtic against a comparable team but he thinks our league is so poor that Dembele couldn't handle Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and the likes.

Snodgrass plays in the Premier League and I don't think McGinn is far off his talent level and is what 6 years younger? It's about adaptability and that's why Snodgrass has done well, likewise with Robertson. McGinn could adapt to that level, would take some time but his willingness to battle and with his rear end shielding the ball he'd be a handy player for anybody in the mid to lower level of the premier league down south. I think he'd be wrecked down there though and probably need to resurrect his career like Fyvie, Allan, so on and so on.

brog
19-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I know what your meaning but the English Premiership is far from drawing "the best the World has to offer". Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Chiellini, Bonucci, Buffon, Ramos, Marcelo, Alba, Alaba, Lewandowski, Lahm, iniesta, Dybala and so on virtually until the end of time...all these players are better than what is in the Prem down south. It is an over hyped league. When's the next time an English team wins the Champions League? It's a league for non-ambitious money grabbers. Hence why Zlatan didn't go near the league until the end, play football at ambitious clubs then get the retirement top up in England. I can't believe the hype that league gets...Spurs are challenging Chelsea for the title...big deal, they've done well to get people advertising the league for free. Chelsea have a comfortable cushion but may still lose it. Spurs have spent huge recently and I'd hate to see their wage bill. Every club in that league needs a King Midas figure or they are circling the drain...

The point is that the Premier League is not for youngsters unless you have an exotic name. Then again, John Stones has done well considering he isn't great but probably on 100-120k a week. Arsenal Fan TV host is edgy about them maybe being after Dembele from Celtic because he thought he'd be able to score 5 goals in Scottish Premiership, not sure if you've seen the host but eh...no you couldn't mate. Shows the mentality and arrogance of that league, his beloved Arsenal get thrashed worse than Celtic against a comparable team but he thinks our league is so poor that Dembele couldn't handle Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and the likes.

Snodgrass plays in the Premier League and I don't think McGinn is far off his talent level and is what 6 years younger? It's about adaptability and that's why Snodgrass has done well, likewise with Robertson. McGinn could adapt to that level, would take some time but his willingness to battle and with his rear end shielding the ball he'd be a handy player for anybody in the mid to lower level of the premier league down south. I think he'd be wrecked down there though and probably need to resurrect his career like Fyvie, Allan, so on and so on.

Agree entirely. 3 of the most recent matinee signings in English football were Ozil, Sanchez & Pedro none of whom were 1st choices for their Spanish club.

brog
19-04-2017, 08:40 PM
I have still not seen a shred of evidence that Celtic are remotely interested in John McGinn and yet it's constantly referred to on here?
I honestly don't think he would get in their midfield and that's not because I don't rate him.

I'm not sure what you would regard as evidence but I'm sure there was also no evidence before Celtc signed GMS, Christie, Armstrong & Allan. None of these players walked straight into the Celtc team but they still signed them. SJM has been in every Scottish squad this season, he's 22 yo & will be relatively cheap compared to an equivalent player in England. Even without his Celtc family connections i would be astonished if he's not high on their wish list.

ancient hibee
19-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Doubt Rogers will waste money hoovering up Scottish players.His ambition is much higher than that.As you say there was no indication they were going to sign the players you mention.Only one of them has made it and it took Rogers to sort him out.

CapitalGreen
19-04-2017, 10:28 PM
It's a league for non-ambitious money grabbers. Hence why Zlatan didn't go near the league until the end, play football at ambitious clubs then get the retirement top up in England.

That'll be the same Zlatan that left Serie A to join PSG, a team who hadn't won their domestic league in nearly 20 years. Was he ambitious or was he looking to grab some of that Qatari money?

CapitalGreen
19-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Agree entirely. 3 of the most recent matinee signings in English football were Ozil, Sanchez & Pedro none of whom were 1st choices for their Spanish club.

The season prior to their departures:
Ozil - 52 apps (12 as sub)
Sanchez - 54 apps (16 as sub)

RamYer1902
20-04-2017, 01:57 AM
For what it's worth, Cummings and McGinn won't leave unless it's for a hefty fee.

Winston Ingram
20-04-2017, 06:17 AM

Pedro played 56 games. It wasn't because they weren't regulars, they signed replacements in Neymar, Suarez and Bale.

brog
20-04-2017, 09:25 AM

I didn't express it very well. Ozil, Sanchez & Pedro were allowed to leave by Barca & RM respectively. If these players had been seen as essential parts of the B & RM squads then Arsenal & Chelsea would not have been able to buy them. As another poster said they were allowed to leave because the likes of Bale, Neymar & Suarez were joining. I was only agreeing with the OP that the EPL is behind La Liga in terms of quality.

Diclonius
21-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Updated.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-04-2017, 09:16 AM
I didn't express it very well. Ozil, Sanchez & Pedro were allowed to leave by Barca & RM respectively. If these players had been seen as essential parts of the B & RM squads then Arsenal & Chelsea would not have been able to buy them. As another poster said they were allowed to leave because the likes of Bale, Neymar & Suarez were joining. I was only agreeing with the OP that the EPL is behind La Liga in terms of quality.

Im not sure barca, real (and maybe sevilla amd atletico) are representative of the whole of la liga.

That would be like saying celtic are measure of the quality of the scottish league.

supermcginn
21-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Im not sure barca, real (and maybe sevilla amd atletico) are representative of the whole of la liga.

That would be like saying celtic are measure of the quality of the scottish league.
Celta vigo are 10th in la liga but are in the europa league semi finals

brog
21-04-2017, 10:58 AM

I don't disagree, but you can say that about most leagues anywhere including England.
1. In the first 12 years of the EPL only Blackburn, funded by Jack Walker, interrupted Man U & Arsenal winning.
2. Abramovich bought Chelsea & they won the league for the 1st time in 50 years in 05. They shared the title with Man U for the next 7 years.
3. Man C got funded by Middle Eastern money & they won league for 1st time in over 40 years in 2012 & shared it with Man U & Chelsea for next 4 seasons.

Of course the 4,000/1 shots Leicester won last year & the EPL is now more competitive with Spurs doing so well but at the start of this season bookies still only offered 2 places for a bet on the 20 team EPL.

Speedway
21-04-2017, 11:30 AM
LD's not messing about in getting next season's business underway.

jacomo
21-04-2017, 12:05 PM

Can't handle the midweek evening games at all.

Garymcl
21-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Totally agree with you speedway ld on the ball that's why it's important we get as many season tickets as early as possible to help the management get a good squad together and early Ggtth :flag:

Greenworld
22-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Agree you get the feeling they already know who's going and more importantly who we want in to replace them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2017, 01:36 PM
If Fyvie is to leave, I hope we can get Stevie Mallan from St Mirren as his replacement. Good vision and good set piece taker.

Heisenberg
23-04-2017, 01:39 PM
If Fyvie is to leave, I hope we can get Stevie Mallan from St Mirren as his replacement. Good vision and good set piece taker.

Mallan is a totally different kind of player, we'd definitely need Bartley or a player like him to sit behind and let Mallan go forward. He'd be a great signing though.

Callum_62
23-04-2017, 02:48 PM

More business than just Swanson?

Unseen work
23-04-2017, 08:33 PM
With our performance yesterday and how good the fans were I can see us spending big this summer.

Would love to see in addition to Swanson some of the following join us

Cammy Kerr
Michael Devlin
Aaron Taylor Sinclair
Scott Allan
Gary McKay Steven
Liam Henderson
Stevie Mallan
Kenny Miller
Miles Storey
Nadir Ciftci
Louis Moult

Onceinawhile
23-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Has miles storey not already signed for Aberdeen?

calumhibee1
23-04-2017, 08:40 PM

He signed for them last summer.

Unseen work
23-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Signed last summer but has barely had a chance, been in the bench most games.

Lmc2105
23-04-2017, 09:05 PM
With our performance yesterday and how good the fans were I can see us spending big this summer.

Cammy Kerr
Michael Devlin
Aaron Taylor Sinclair
Scott Allan
Gary McKay Steven
Liam Henderson
Stevie Mallan
Kenny Miller
Miles Storey
Nadir Ciftci
Louis Moult

Remember when he played for Partick was a really good player like, would be a decent addition to LB very attacking.

CMurdoch
23-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Remember when he played for Partick was a really good player like, would be a decent addition to LB very attacking.

Was badly injured in Doncaster's last game of last season and was expected to be out for 9 months.
He has not played this season to date

Unseen work
23-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Yes I was always really impressed with him, tall lad who is incredibly composed on the ball and can run and attack all day long.

The Leith Dutch
23-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Cammy Kerr
Michael Devlin
Aaron Taylor Sinclair
Scott Allan
Gary McKay Steven
Liam Henderson
Stevie Mallan
Kenny Miller
Miles Storey
Nadir Ciftci
Louis Moult

I like a lot of those names but cannot fathom the love affair with Kenny Miller on here.
Boyce, Doolan and Moult (who's at least on this list) are far better options based on this season.
All three have delivered far more in poorer teams than Miller has delivered for a team with probably the second biggest budget in the SPL.

Unseen work
23-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I like a lot of those names but cannot fathom the love affair with Kenny Miller on here.
Boyce, Doolan and Moult (who's at least on this list) are far better options based on this season.
All three have delivered far more in poorer teams than Miller has delivered for a team with probably the second biggest budget in the SPL.

I never put Boyce as imo he will be away to England and demand a big fee, would love if we signed him.

Doolan I just personally can't see him doing well here, doesn't strike me as a hibs player and reminds me of Heffernan.

Miller would give us experience and he can score and create goals.

We need to add about 3/4 players that can offer a threat in the attacking end of the pitch and score goals as right now all we really have is Jason.

The Leith Dutch
23-04-2017, 10:54 PM
I never put Boyce as imo he will be away to England and demand a big fee, would love if we signed him.

Doolan I just personally can't see him doing well here, doesn't strike me as a hibs player and reminds me of Heffernan.

Miller would give us experience and he can score and create goals.

We need to add about 3/4 players that can offer a threat in the attacking end of the pitch and score goals as right now all we really have is Jason.

Boyce and Doolan you're probably right about and I totally agree with your assesment that there are 3/4 attacking players needed.
Miller I just don't see - I think he's been shot this season and I don't see him getting better with a year's extra mileage on the clock and playing for Hibs. Bizarrely, I can imagine him as a Heffernan figure.

I'm kind of at the stage now that I think we may be looking at someone outside the division and hoping they come in and do what Boyce has done where he's at least a goal every other game.

The other thing I think we must have is someone to do what Holt does for us.
Not sure whether Holt could be that guy or not but the difference when we have a bullying forward is huge!