17-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Confirmed jottered.

Joe6-2
17-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Shame! Not!

grunt
17-04-2017, 11:14 AM
http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-paul-hartley/

Dundee Football Club have this afternoon relieved manager Paul Hartley of his duties.
Paul took charge of the club in February 2014. He took the club to the SPFL Championship title before clinching a top six finish in our first season back in the top flight.
Last season after missing out on the top six on the final day, the club went on to finish 8th in the top division.
The club currently sit 11th in the Premiership table and the Board of Directors feel a change is needed ahead of five vital matches between now and the end of the season.
Managing Director John Nelms is currently addressing the players and staff and the club will release a further update shortly.
John Nelms said, “I want to thank Paul for his time with the club. Unfortunately, the business we are in, sometimes change is necessary to achieve the goals we have set. I think somebody in the near future is going to get a good hard working manager.”

Stevie Reid
17-04-2017, 11:15 AM
No surprise at all. I was just thinking last night that they are in exactly the same condition as we were when we went down, and then Michael Stewart said exactly the same thing on Sportscene.

A basket case at the moment, can't score and concede loads - sold their best two strikers earlier in the season and have suffered for it. Was mentioned last night that Greg Stewart is their top scorer, and he didn't play a single league game for them!

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2017, 11:16 AM
It was inevitable; Dee are in freefall just now.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 11:17 AM
It's a crap decision. They sold their best players in the summer and never gave Hartley the cash to replace them. He had had a very good career over the last 5 years. Two promotions with Alloa and a promotion with Dundee. Hope he doesn't end up at the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Manager of the month for February ...... its a hard business being a football manager. I wonder if he owns a laptop :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Stubbsy

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2017, 11:20 AM
It's a crap decision. They sold their best players in the summer and never gave Hartley the cash to replace them. He had had a very good career over the last 5 years. Two promotions with Alloa and a promotion with Dundee. Hope he doesn't end up at the yams.

Agreed, he'd be a massive improvement on Cathro for them. The laptop must stay.

Stevie Reid
17-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Yes he has done well in previous seasons, but I don't know how you can say it's a crap decision - league record this year is P 33 W 8 D 6 L 19

A 58% loss ratio in the SPL this season is appallingly bad, regardless of the fact that his strikers were sold.

DarlingtonHibee
17-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Stubbsy

Please not.

Deansy
17-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Confirmed jottered.

Adds even more pressure on poor, wee Cathy - you can pretty much guarantee the muppets will be singing Hartley's name at their next game !

Keith_M
17-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Looks like there's going to be a Dundee derby next season, albeit in the Championship.

hibees 7062
17-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Heard McPake's in charge till the end of the season

Diclonius
17-04-2017, 11:30 AM
That's a shame - literally the only poor form Dundee have had under Hartley and he's punted. Ex Hearts or not, that's harsh.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Regardless of which club it is a manager will rarely keep his job after seven straight defeats.

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Looks like there's going to be a Dundee derby next season, albeit in the Championship.

Outside chance there could be a Dundee derby in the play offs never mind the championship ..... now that's a scrap I'd pay to watch :greengrin

green day
17-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Outside chance there could be a Dundee derby in the play offs never mind the championship ..... now that's a scrap I'd pay to watch :greengrin

Same here, but neither is really - financially - equipped for the top flight right now - that match would be like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Looks a bold but sensible move, we should have been bold enough to do same rather than watch the Terry Butcher slow moving car crash reach its inevitable conclusion.

Stevie Reid
17-04-2017, 11:42 AM
That's a shame - literally the only poor form Dundee have had under Hartley and he's punted. Ex Hearts or not, that's harsh.

It's not actually. They were bottom of the league after the first round of fixtures with only 6 points from 11 games. They had won their first game of the season, so he was pretty lucky to survive a run of no wins and three points from ten games back then. That's why he wasn't a serious contender for the Hearts job when it came up, think he would've been otherwise based on his record - though Cathro was obviously the strong favourite from the start of the process anyway.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Confirmed jottered.

Someone on here predicted this yesterday

Big_Franck
17-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Gutted for the fat yam tube. Hope the new manager can keep Dundee up as they are a decent club. I'd rather be going away to Dundee rather than ICT, Ross County or Hamilton.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2017, 12:00 PM

That is correct.

ekhibee
17-04-2017, 12:07 PM
That's them down then.

matty_f
17-04-2017, 12:10 PM
That's them down then.

Why?

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Selling the excellent Hemmings and Stewart strike partnership late in the same transfer window trousered them. Replaced hastily with inferior players. I for one thought this would happen. The Board is to blame not Hartley. Should sack themselves.

jacomo
17-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Looks a bold but sensible move, we should have been bold enough to do same rather than watch the Terry Butcher slow moving car crash reach its inevitable conclusion.

It's a different situation.

Hartley got them promoted, had a good first season in the top flight and was getting results until their recent collapse.

Butcher managed about a month or so of decent results at Hibs before the wheels came off.

Thecat23
17-04-2017, 12:44 PM

I hope if Cathro goes he does end up there. Because he's a brutal manager! This season has been a disaster for Dundee thanks to him. I actually surprised he lasted that long.

h18eeynick
17-04-2017, 12:57 PM
He was rubbish at Hibs , which i think was when we were last in League 1 at the time and just hugged the touchline. However that was maybe what he was told to do. See it so many times with Boyle also , like what the hell is he going to do with a pass now in such a tight podition. Hartley however went on to be a fantastic player and I will never forget his free kick against us at Hampden from a throw in position when he saw keeper leave his near post unguarded. I have only ever left 2 games early in my 44 years following Hibs and that was one and I left after 5th in the unmentionable final fearing 7 or 8

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Read on twitter that he had the 5th highest budget in the league

Iggy Pope
17-04-2017, 02:09 PM

Perfect scenario although I think the Premier would be better for both of them in there.
Just glad the Play Offs have **** all to do with us though.

greenlex
17-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Just need Butcher in to finish the job.

RIP Bestie
17-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Why?

Cos he is a bomb scare with no technical know how.
might kick a few backsides but we all seen how that worked under Butcher

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Gutted for the fat yam tube. Hope the new manager can keep Dundee up as they are a decent club. I'd rather be going away to Dundee rather than ICT, Ross County or Hamilton.

Exactly this. Don't want to lose another east coast city club. We saw in their crazy Bonetti days how good a following they have. Bigger support than their city neighbours imo. Hopefully they get their finger out and stay up.

Sprouleflyer
17-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Dundee V Dundee Utd playoff final? that could be tasty and the chance for Dundee Utd to get revenge for Dundee relegating them last season.

We will see.

ekhibee
17-04-2017, 02:58 PM
A Dundee-supporting mate of mine says Stubbs is 4/1 joint fav, along with Duff Jim and David Hopkin of Livvie. Then 6/1 Butcher and 12/1 Houston.

Is It On....
17-04-2017, 03:10 PM
A Dundee-supporting mate of mine says Stubbs is 4/1 joint fav, along with Duff Jim and David Hopkin of Livvie. Then 6/1 Butcher and 12/1 Houston.

Butcher 😂 God help them .....

matty_f
17-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Has he managed elsewhere?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Didn't realise he'd morphed into Malpas.

Of all the players in that team and era to cite as a bombscare speaks volumes.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2017, 04:27 PM
It was inevitable. You can't go on a run like that, show no signs of it improving and expect to not have your position questioned regardless of previous achievement. At that point it comes down to the board.

Fwiw and I'm sure it's against the grain I never really 'hated' Hartley. It didn't work out for him at Hibs and he enjoyed beating us when at Hearts. He was a good player who liked to get stuck in which is why I, and thousand of others, disliked him a hell of a lot.

Callum_62
17-04-2017, 04:40 PM
It was inevitable. You can't go on a run like that, show no signs of it improving and expect to not have your position questioned regardless of previous achievement. At that point it comes down to the board.

Fwiw and I'm sure it's against the grain I never really 'hated' Hartley. It didn't work out for him at Hibs and he enjoyed beating us when at Hearts. He was a good player who liked to get stuck in which is why I, and thousand of others, disliked him a hell of a lot.

Agreed

hibsman1875
17-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Confirmed jottered.
Hatley quite simply had to go as it's now widely accepted that if the ****bos can beat you then you're finished
Warburton,McGhee,Clark,Locke,and now Hartley How did the Hamilton manager get away with it?

Lennon's safe ...coz they cannae beat Hibs te-he-hee!:na na:

RIP Bestie
17-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Has he managed elsewhere?

Doesnt need to have. Obvious by the way he played. No positional sense. Headless chicken who dived into tackles in a way that was going to injure opponents or himself. Stupidly for him, he seems to have done himself more damage over the years. Tactically inept. Never make a manager, lucky to have made a bit of a career as a player.

Marco G
17-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Odd comments imho. You are describing a different McPake to the guy that played for Hibs. I had a lot of regard for him. Hope he does well and keeps them up.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Doesnt need to have. Obvious by the way he played. No positional sense. Headless chicken who dived into tackles in a way that was going to injure opponents or himself. Stupidly for him, he seems to have done himself more damage over the years. Tactically inept. Never make a manager, lucky to have made a bit of a career as a player.

Am I mistaken or did we win the Championship a few days ago?

McPake was hardly the world's best footballer, but he dug us out of a tricky relegation battle one season and he was a trier.

Why not wish one of our own the best, eh? He might do well.

I remember Pochettino as a dirty, lumbering centre back but he's become a very sophisticated and successful coach.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Odd comments imho. You are describing a different McPake to the guy that played for Hibs. I had a lot of regard for him. Hope he does well and keeps them up.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Me too.

He was inspirational in keeping us up in the 2011-12 season and then played well in the 2012-13 season as well.

The year we went down was a disaster for him as he was injured for the majority of the season although he was reportedly fit for the last couple of months but Butcher didn't pick him.

I don't think his commitment to Hibs can be questioned and I wish him well at Dundee.