PDA

View Full Version : Most improved player?

alihibs1
16-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Who's the most improved player form the season. Shinnie for me. Started slow had his boo boys but since the turn of the year been one of our best players. Lots of creativity and a clever footballer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
16-04-2017, 10:10 PM
I'd say Martin Boyle has improved as the season wore on, going from a regular sub to regular starter.

Vault Boy
16-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Boyle and Shinnie are both good shouts IMO. I'd be tempted to throw Cummings into the mix too, looking like a much more well-rounded striker these days.

HibsNutter
Cummings. All round play has come on leaps and bounds to add to the goals.

Mikers110
I'd say Martin Boyle has improved as the season wore on, going from a regular sub to regular starter.

Agree, but still needs to find that killer final ball.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Agree, but still needs to find that killer final ball.

I'd settle for a decent cross - just once!

pacorosssco
16-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Cummings. All round play has come on leaps and bounds to add to the goals.

Yes and suffered formation playing partners. Looks a little frustrated of late but all round game hes improved hugely

Mikers110
16-04-2017, 10:30 PM
I'd settle for a decent cross - just once!

Per game or season? :greengrin

Centre Hawf
16-04-2017, 11:43 PM
I have to disagree on Shinnie, still at the level he was when he signed imo.

Martin Boyle is definitely better than what he was from last year, he actually looks like he's turning into a winger who can beat a man 9/10 times. However the final ball can be poor at times. Still though his goal tally this season is admirable for a man who gets chucked out wide quite a lot, if our other strikers (except Cummings) had as many goals as him we'd have had this league wrapped up by January.

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Boyle hasnt improved in my opinion, still only has one trick, if the defender has pace hes pretty screwed. Still cant put a decent cross in or find a man. Harris came on and gave an excellent cut back for Keatings with his first cross. Cant fault the lads determination, pace, persistance or work ethic. Laddie lost the ball on saturday and sprinted across the pitch to try and win it back!

Most improved would have to be Stevenson for me. Crossing has improved alot, just we have nobody in the box to get onto his crosses, solid at the back and getting better going forward, has been a decent outlet for us on the left all season. Never hides and always available.

Baw187
17-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Stevenson. Been really consistent this year. Solid.

I like Shinnie. He's had a few poor games at the start and looked too lightweight but I agree he's started to show why he was rated so highly at ICT. He's good foil to the other midfielders who are better on the ball cause he's more direct and gets the ball forward quicker. That's exactly what we need.

calumhibee1
17-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Boyle hasnt improved in my opinion, still only has one trick, if the defender has pace hes pretty screwed. Still cant put a decent cross in or find a man. Harris came on and gave an excellent cut back for Keatings with his first cross. Cant fault the lads determination, pace, persistance or work ethic. Laddie lost the ball on saturday and sprinted across the pitch to try and win it back!

Most improved would have to be Stevenson for me. Crossing has improved alot, just we have nobody in the box to get onto his crosses, solid at the back and getting better going forward, has been a decent outlet for us on the left all season. Never hides and always available.

If your suggesting Harris is better than Boyle then I couldn't disagree more and I'm finding the Harris love in way over the top after a decent 20 minute cameo. Also, losing the ball and charging to the other side of the pitch to win it back isn't a good thing. If everyone done that then we'd get ripped apart.

we are hibs
17-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Darren McGregor was very good for us last season but this season he's been unbelievable. He's dragged us through games at times.

marciano too. Didn't have much to do in the first half of the season but the second half he's produced some great saves to gain us big points/results. His save on Saturday, saves vs Dunfermline and save at tynecastle with his feet stand out

J-C
17-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Shinnie is starting to show why he was brought in, Boyle is becoming more consistent but plays better through the middle as a second striker, we've missed Humphrey as it would've freed up Boyle to play him more centrally.

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Shinnie has improved without a doubt as has Boyle, though his final ball could still improve. Cummings has improved markedly over just the last few months, he rarely gives the ball away in possession and his touch is a lot better IMO .... still plenty to work on though.

It was good to see Alex Harris on Saturday, he seemed to have rediscovered his pace and looked a good bit stronger than previously, perhaps there is still hope for his Hibs career, if his short appearance against QOTS is an indicator of his current level then I wouldn't complain if we kept him on to see if that will continue.

mghibs
17-04-2017, 11:39 AM
I think its Cummings. His overall play is so much better, not always forcing a shot when its definitely not on, and he seems to have developed the ability to cross. Find myself frustrated when Keatings comes on and takes over corner duties as I find Cummings' corners are more dangerous! No doubting Keatings' ability, but think Cummings is more consistent with them.

jingler1954
17-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Every Single player has improved IMHO.

BigT-Hibeez
17-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Ambrose!! Apparently he was s**te at Celtic, but strolled it for the Hibees!!!

HoboHarry
17-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Stevenson. Been really consistent this year. Solid.

I like Shinnie. He's had a few poor games at the start and looked too lightweight but I agree he's started to show why he was rated so highly at ICT. He's good foil to the other midfielders who are better on the ball cause he's more direct and gets the ball forward quicker. That's exactly what we need.
I knew someone would say that. He's been consistent his whole career but some people choose to ignore the fact that he is now playing in a wholly better defence. Lewis has been a star for years......

Baw187
17-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Hmmm. He's had his moments in the past but has also been brutal on many an occasion. This is by FAR his best season.

He's given his all through the years but his all hasn't always been good enough. This year he's just concentrated on doing the simple things well and has clearly grown with experience.

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 03:36 PM
If your suggesting Harris is better than Boyle then I couldn't disagree more and I'm finding the Harris love in way over the top after a decent 20 minute cameo. Also, losing the ball and charging to the other side of the pitch to win it back isn't a good thing. If everyone done that then we'd get ripped apart.

Where did i say Harris is better than Boyle? Its a valid point i made, Boyle is on for 75 mins and i cant remember a decent cross (not saying there wasnt one, read this part aswell, i just cant remember one) where as Harris was on for 5minutes and showed vision and composure to pick Keatings out who was open.

If you cant see Harris has talent then thats your issue, not mine. NL sees something aswell as hes mentioned several times this season. Harris has more potential than Martin "One trick" Boyle.

As for the 2nd point, it isnt always a good thing, but as we were 2/3-0 up at the time, and he showed desire to make up for his mistake and win the ball back, shows alot about the person he is. Most, like Cummings, would still be moaning about it.

Dashing Bob S
17-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Nice thread. While the odd sociopath will always be fixated on one player, it's generally been quite a disappointing year for the boo-boys. There hasn't really been an obvious target to round on and crush the spirit and hope for a better life out of.

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Cummings has shown a lot of improvement.Another season with Kenny Miller would be very beneficial.

.Sean.
17-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Stevenson. Again. Gets better and better.

ekhibee
17-04-2017, 03:48 PM
I think there's been a lot of players who've played really well 1 week then pish the next, so it's difficult to single one out and say he's improved dramatically. I've always thought Shinnie had a lot of ability but sometimes seemed lightweight and not much of a shot on him. Has quite a lot of skill and a good workrate though. Keatings has scored some great goals but in other games has been a combination of anonymous and pish. Before he was injured I'd say probably Hanlon, who really seems to have developed into a top class centre half, considering a couple of seasons ago I didn't rate him highly at all.