Boyle/Holt/Graham

Dibben
16-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Team A 😬

houstonhibbee
16-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Team A 😬
agreed but Team B's no bad either.

Boyle is a bit quirky and inconsistent but I would have him in my team and dont see why so many want to get rid of him. Far from perfect but offers a real threat and is hard to play against. Give him 65 mins then harris 25

Zazu62
16-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Same team as yesterday

Dibben
16-04-2017, 09:03 PM
agreed but Team B's no bad either.

Boyle is a bit quirky and inconsistent but I would have him in my team and dont see why so many want to get rid of him. Far from perfect but offers a real threat and is hard to play against. Give him 65 mins then harris 25

Yip.

If Humphrey had been fit I would loved to have gone with a similar team to the Utd game in January with 2 fast wingers!!!

4 4 2 probably a better bet - not relying on SDG and Lewis getting up and down the wings!!

Unseen work
16-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Is Hanlon 100% out? Wouldn't surprise me if we seen him and went 3 at the back

Dibben
16-04-2017, 09:18 PM
If Hanlon is fit I could see us go 3 at the back!!

Marciano

McGregor
Hanlon
Ambrose

SDG
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeouch
Fyvie

Shinnie or Boyle

Cummings

16-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
Boyle
SJM
Shinnie

Cummings
Holt

I think Lennon will go with a back 4, so that picks itself (probably a game too soon for Hanlon). I reckon Holt was rested on Saturday with the semi in mind, so he will start. There are a few ways he could go with the midfield but I reckon Bartley will start, SJM is a cert and I think Boyle's performance on Saturday earned him a start so that just leaves either Shinnie, McGeough or Fyvie. I'm predicting Shinnie (though it doesn't feel right to have Dylan on the bench), this means it is the team that played the majority of the game against Hearts at ER, except Ambrose instead of Fontaine. Also it's the team that started against Ayr in the quarter final, except Darren in for Forster.

davym7062
16-04-2017, 10:00 PM
I think we might see big marv! Gotta stop the Dons midfield

1van Sprou7e
16-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Yeah Bartley will start I think.

Unfortunately that probably means Fyvie will be benched :(

erin go bragh
17-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
Boyle
SJM
Shinnie

Cummings
Holt

I think Lennon will go with a back 4, so that picks itself (probably a game too soon for Hanlon). I reckon Holt was rested on Saturday with the semi in mind, so he will start. There are a few ways he could go with the midfield but I reckon Bartley will start, SJM is a cert and I think Boyle's performance on Saturday earned him a start so that just leaves either Shinnie, McGeough or Fyvie. I'm predicting Shinnie (though it doesn't feel right to have Dylan on the bench), this means it is the team that played the majority of the game against Hearts at ER, except Ambrose instead of Fontaine. Also it's the team that started against Ayr in the quarter final, except Darren in for Forster.

No Fyvie or McGeough ! no way both won't play . I'm hoping both start as with SJM they are our best midfielders. Imo :)

17-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Bartley to start for me. This is exactly the sort of game he thrives in.

danhibees1875
17-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Rocky
Gray McGregor Ambrose Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn Fyvie Mcgeough
Cummings Boyle

2-1 Hibs, Cummings & Ambrose. :aok:

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Rocky

Stevenson
Ambrose
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
SJM
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Aberdeen will play 4-3-3 so play the diamond in midfield. McGeouch/SJM and Bartley will win the midfield battle. Will give Shinnie quite a bit of space in behind Holt and Cummings. Holt to get involved in the battle and Cummings to take up the space. If required, go flat 4, SJM Mcgeouch Bartley and Shinnie.

Loads of options and ways to play it, be interesting to see what NL does. Midfield is the one thats open to change. Back 5 and front 2 are pretty much guaranteed.

houstonhibbee
17-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
Boyle
SJM
Shinnie

Cummings
Holt

Mcgeough and fyvie will both start if fit....

inglisavhibs
17-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Rocky

Stevenson
Ambrose
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
SJM
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Aberdeen will play 4-3-3 so play the diamond in midfield. McGeouch/SJM and Bartley will win the midfield battle. Will give Shinnie quite a bit of space in behind Holt and Cummings. Holt to get involved in the battle and Cummings to take up the space. If required, go flat 4, SJM Mcgeouch Bartley and Shinnie.

Loads of options and ways to play it, be interesting to see what NL does. Midfield is the one thats open to change. Back 5 and front 2 are pretty much guaranteed.
Aberdeen are a huge threat at set pieces which might influence the managers selection. Whatever the team, we need a big performance from everyone. Really looking forward to this one.

Fergus52
17-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Rocky
Bartley
McGinn Fyvie Mcgeough
Cummings Boyle

This would be my team also.

Hard to fit that XI into a formation that suits all of the players though.

ancient hibee
17-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Start with
at back 4

midfield. 5. to reduce space for their wide players

upfront. 1

See how game goes and change if necessary.

.Sean.
17-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Rocky
Bartley
McGinn Fyvie Mcgeough
Cummings Boyle

Saves me typing it. 100% this team please.

overdrive
17-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
McGinn
McGeough

Cummings
Holt

S4uzee
17-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Cummings

makaveli1875
18-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Rocky

SDG
Mcgregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

shinnie
Bartley
SJM
Mcgeough

Cummings
Boyle

Stevie Reid
18-04-2017, 09:26 AM
I'd be tempted to go for Bartley over Fyvie but wouldn't be concerned if Fraser got the nod. After the injury problems we have had this season, I'm just glad we've so many options.

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Start with
at back 4

midfield. 5. to reduce space for their wide players

upfront. 1

See how game goes and change if necessary.

I would agree. 4-3-3 going forward, 4-5-1 defending. Shinnie/Mcgeouch and Boyle out wide, Mcginn, Fyvie and Bartley in midfield.

since90plustwo
18-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Lennon is considering playing a back 3 - Ambrose, Mcgregor, Forster (depeding on how he gets through county game)

1van Sprou7e
18-04-2017, 11:03 AM
So Hanlon and Fonts are still out I assume? What about McLean?

Billy Whizz
18-04-2017, 11:04 AM
So Hanlon and Fonts are still out I assume? What about McLean?

McLean is fit, just that Lennon rates Foster ahead of him

IAmLee
18-04-2017, 11:16 AM
McLean is fit, just that Lennon rates Foster ahead of him

Strange one, by all accounts he had a good game against Dunfermline & Jordon's last start was fairly dodgy (the game when he kept punting the ball straight out of the park) could be different in a back three right enough. He does give us a goal threat at corners & as long as he plays on the right he'll be fine. If he does go with a back 3 I really hope Bartley doesn't play, far too defensive, Fyvie, McGinn and McGeouch for me with Shinnie or Boyle playing off Cummings. Holt has been very good in the big games this season but playing him encourages us to hoof it imo and I don't think we'd win much in the air against the sheep's defense!

number9dream
18-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Surely NL would only consider three central defenders if Hanlon was fit?

Very tough call with Bartley & Fyvie - Marv has the better engine / physicality - Fyvie is a better ball player. Could go 'super solid' and play both and leave Boyle as an option on the bench. Hopefully, Shinnie can do a number on his wee brother.

Marciano
Gray Ambrose McGregor Stevenson
Bartley McGeough
Boyle Shinnie McGinn
Cummings

Fergus52
18-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Cummings

Playing Bartley in that formation would be overkill defensively.

It would severely limit the mobility of our midfield which will have to cover a lot of ground already. Bartley works best shielding a back four and letting the midfielders in front of him press and play the ball. Having him sitting in front of three CBs would really limit our attacking play IMO, McGeouch and McGinn would have to both play out of their skins if we wanted to ever control the play.

seanoheimhin
18-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Some of NL's comment's about the pitch at ER at the weekend being good enough to play football might be relevant for the midfield debate?

Bartley always shows up in the big games so he could be invaluable, but if the pitch at Hampden allows it and we want to go toe-to-toe and play some good football maybe he'll stick with the same midfield as Sat.

That would be my preference, but I think it's a really tough call as to which gives us the best chance at the win...

1van Sprou7e
18-04-2017, 12:51 PM
I think if he does go 3 at the back then Bartley will start on the bench, and maybe get on for the second half if Aberdeen's midfield prove to be to much.

If it is a back 4 then he'll probably start imo

Spudster
18-04-2017, 01:06 PM
3-5-2 would be suicide against McGinn and Hayes IMO. Let Gray and Stevenson defend and keep a solid back line with a 4-4-2. There central mid is poor, we can win that battle with a 4-4-2.

Diclonius
18-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose McGregor McLean Stevenson

McGinn Bartley Fyvie

Cummings Holt

Would be my pick. Maybe swap Holt for Boyle.

ancient hibee
18-04-2017, 01:41 PM
3-5-2 would be suicide against McGinn and Hayes IMO. Let Gray and Stevenson defend and keep a solid back line with a 4-4-2. There central mid is poor, we can win that battle with a 4-4-2.

Agree.Three at the back the game could be over by half time.Gray and Stevenson are good full backs and mediocre wing backs.Aberdeen's attacking strength is out wide.We must play a proper back four supported by Bartley in the middle and other midfield cutting the space.

JimboHibs
18-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Whats the likely line up of the Aberdeen team ?? I would start with same team as Saturday though reckon we might see Holt for Boyle but then Boyle's pace could be invaluable against Ash Taylor.

IAmLee
18-04-2017, 02:43 PM
3-5-2 would be suicide against McGinn and Hayes IMO. Let Gray and Stevenson and keep a solid back line with a 4-4-2. There central mid is poor, we can win that battle with a 4-4-2.

We played a back 3 against them in the cup last time, granted Hayes wasn't playing but McGinn was! McGinn was missing at the weekend and McInnes was saying he may not make it for the weekend (whether that's true or not is another matter!) They have good players but most of the good things they do come from Hayes so keeping him quiet is key, playing the back 3 against Rangers completely nullified their threat from wide so why wouldn't it work this time? I'm not saying I want us to play 3-5-2 but it seems a good option.

HibernianJK
18-04-2017, 02:48 PM

In what way are Kenny McLean, Ryan Jack and Graeme Shinnie poor? All excellent players.

lumbo_hfc
18-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Their central midfield is far from poor. Shinnie, Jack and McLean. Arguably better than our centre midfield and that is our strongest area of the park.

lumbo_hfc
18-04-2017, 02:58 PM
........................Marciano
Gray McGregor. Ambrose Stevenson
.........................Fyvie
................McGeouch McGinn
Boyle........................................ Shinnie
.....................Cummings

That's what I'd go with, although I don't think that will be the team Lennon picks, think he will start Bartley ahead of possibly McGeouch.

JimBHibees
18-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Their central midfield is far from poor. Shinnie, Jack and McLean. Arguably better than our centre midfield and that is our strongest area of the park.

Agree a good mix of quality and physicality.

Blaster
18-04-2017, 05:02 PM

That's what I'd go with, although I don't think that will be the team Lennon picks, think he will start Bartley ahead of possibly McGeouch.

That would be my team too

Big L
18-04-2017, 09:15 PM
I think we should have a right go at Aberdeen, pay them very little respect and go right at them. GK and back 4 as norm. McGeough, Fyvie and McGinn and a front 3 of Boyle, Cummings and Harris. F--- them for pace! Boyle tracking back to help deal wi Hayes who is their biggest threat IMO.

stantonhibby
18-04-2017, 09:37 PM
I think Boyle has to play, his pace makes him a real threat and he never gives defenders a minutes peace. He is also a good out ball for getting us up the park when we are 1 up with minutes to go !

1van Sprou7e
18-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Get the feeling Boyle will play and have a great game, fingers crossed!

19-04-2017, 06:45 AM
Yip.

If Humphrey had been fit I would loved to have gone with a similar team to the Utd game in January with 2 fast wingers!!!

4 4 2 probably a better bet - not relying on SDG and Lewis getting up and down the wings!!
Humphrey is fit. He was fit for Morton game according to him.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Unseen work
19-04-2017, 07:01 AM
I would go with

...........................Marciano..........

.........Ambrose...Mcgregor...Hanlon......

Gray.....McGeouch..Bartley...McGinn...Stevenson..

.....................Boyle........Cummings.....

I am a massive fan of Fyvie but I think Bartleys physicality could prove very handy against a very athletic and fast Aberdeen team.

The chances of Dons catching us out with a 352 down the wings are slim imo. If one full pack pushed on Bartley would be there to patrol the area and the other 3 defenders would shuffle across.

Boyle's pace up top could be very handy, running the channels and getting in behind guys like Ash Taylor

Obviously depends on Hanlon being fit. If not Mclean or Forster.

Joe6-2
19-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Conrad on SSN

The Leith Dutch
19-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley

McGeogh
McGinn
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Gray and Stevenson concentrating on full-back duty and stopping their width.
Holt needs to be in to noise up what is a decent defence and there are plenty tacklers in the centre but still decent ball players.

Mind you, I might be being a little conservative - Sevco pumped them 3-0 recently and they're a bit of a diddy team.

pacoluna
19-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Bartley is a must for me, been MOM in every game we have played against better opposition.

Posh Hibby
19-04-2017, 08:19 AM

This would be my team.

frazeHFC
19-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Surely NL would only consider three central defenders if Hanlon was fit?

Very tough call with Bartley & Fyvie - Marv has the better engine / physicality - Fyvie is a better ball player. Could go 'super solid' and play both and leave Boyle as an option on the bench. Hopefully, Shinnie can do a number on his wee brother.

Marciano
Gray Ambrose McGregor Stevenson
Bartley McGeough
Boyle Shinnie McGinn
Cummings

This team for me!

andrew70
19-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Marciano
McGregor Hanlon Ambrose
Boyle Fyvie McGeouch McGinn Humphrey
Cummings Holt.

Not 100% sure if Hanlon will be fit but Lennon has said several times he may change the way he's been playing to suit the Hampden pitch.

I am willing to bet that Saturdays team will be a completely different setup to the one we seen last weekend.

Controversial to leave out Gray and Stevenson but pace is required IMO.

Boyle will destroy Considine, Humphrey will contain Shay Logan (who is a very good player) by getting forward as much as he can.

The midfield will be a constant battle several impressive midfielders on show for either side.

Holt will bully a weak centre half pairing and Cummings will hopefully do what he does best.

Praying Paul Hanlon is fit. Very, very important player.

That would leave a bench of: Gray, Stevenson, Laidlaw, Shinnie, Keatings, Graham, Bartley

Spudster
19-04-2017, 10:05 AM
In what way are Kenny McLean, Ryan Jack and Graeme Shinnie poor? All excellent players.

Ryan Jack is awful, I live in Aberdeen and most fans I speak to view him as the weak link of the team.

See above for Jack, McLean is incredibly inconsistent and goes missing for large spells, Shinnie is good but has a terrible disciplinary record. Hopefully gets himself booked early doors.

playing the back 3 against Rangers completely nullified their threat from wide so why wouldn't it work this time?
Completely different circumstance IMO as Rangers width came from full backs Tavernier and Wallace

J-C
19-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Same team as Saturday, Hampden is a big pitch like ER and the surface will be good so the midfield 3 against QOS should start due to their ball control.

Someone mentioned Aberdeen have been beaten by so called lesser teams in the league so we can go into the game with confidence knowing we can beat them if we play to our full capability.

IAmLee
19-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Ryan Jack is awful, I live in Aberdeen and most fans I speak to view him as the weak link of the team.

See above for Jack, McLean is incredibly inconsistent and goes missing for large spells, Shinnie is good but has a terrible disciplinary record. Hopefully gets himself booked early doors.

Completely different circumstance IMO as Rangers width came from full backs Tavernier and Wallace

And Barrie McKay & Waghorn? They played wide in the 3 up top? Even if you want to discount Rangers, again we played the back 3 against Aberdeen last season when they were unbeaten in the league so why wouldn't it work this time? I kind of agree about Kenny McLean but recently he's been very good every time I've seen him. Don't forget they have Christie, who played & scored at the weekend, that they can play in there as well. He'll likely start if McGinn is still injured.

ancient hibee
19-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Marciano
McGregor Hanlon Ambrose
Cummings Holt.

Not 100% sure if Hanlon will be fit but Lennon has said several times he may change the way he's been playing to suit the Hampden pitch.

I am willing to bet that Saturdays team will be a completely different setup to the one we seen last weekend.

Boyle will destroy Considine, Humphrey will contain Shay Logan (who is a very good player) by getting forward as much as he can.

The midfield will be a constant battle several impressive midfielders on show for either side.

Holt will bully a weak centre half pairing and Cummings will hopefully do what he does best.

That would leave a bench of: Gray, Stevenson, Laidlaw, Shinnie, Keatings, Graham, Bartley
I have to be honest and say that if that was our team I wouldn't even bother going.It would be a slaughter in my opinion.Certainly to play a team known for its expertise out wide without any natural full backs is an interesting concept.

GreenOnions
19-04-2017, 03:09 PM

This would be my starting 11 too. In Hanlon's absence the defence picks itself. Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn to give us mobility and help us to keep the ball. Boyle and Shinnie to create and JC to score the winning goal.

Undoubtedly a day for the squad as a whole and possibly important roles for Bartley, Harris, Humphrey, Keats, Holt too.

NikGunnarsson
19-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Marciano
McGregor Hanlon Ambrose
Cummings Holt.

Would have the exact same team!
If Hanlon doesn't make it I would have faith in McLean as well, felt he was unlucky to be dropped.
I would rather we lost going for it than sitting back.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Marciano
McGregor Hanlon Ambrose
Cummings Holt.

Wow mate ... we would either win 5 - 0 or get slaughtered 5 - 0 :greengrin

I'm not the best at picking teams, but I really think we need to concentrate on a solid defensive set up before looking at any other aspect of the game ..... I would prefer to see Gray and Stevenson allowed to defend rather than play as out and out wingbacks in this game, leaving space in behind either one, especially Gray on the right, would be inviting trouble down the wings.

If Humphrey is fit, as folk are saying he is claiming to be, we have at our call 3 pretty quick players of our own in Boyle, Humphrey and Harris, who looked much more like his old self during his little cameo against QOTS ...... What I do want to see is a man of the match performance from John McGinn ..... starting with the cup final last season he hasn't really imposed himself on any of our big games in a forward going sense, in fact he has played more like Marvin Bartley than Marvin Bartley, in that his job seems to be closing down and breaking up play rather than threatening the back 4 and creating chances.

andrew70
20-04-2017, 02:00 PM
I have to be honest and say that if that was our team I wouldn't even bother going.It would be a slaughter in my opinion.Certainly to play a team known for its expertise out wide without any natural full backs is an interesting concept.

Would have the exact same team!
If Hanlon doesn't make it I would have faith in McLean as well, felt he was unlucky to be dropped.
I would rather we lost going for it than sitting back.

Wow mate ... we would either win 5 - 0 or get slaughtered 5 - 0 :greengrin

I'm not the best at picking teams, but I really think we need to concentrate on a solid defensive set up before looking at any other aspect of the game ..... I would prefer to see Gray and Stevenson allowed to defend rather than play as out and out wingbacks in this game, leaving space in behind either one, especially Gray on the right, would be inviting trouble down the wings.

If Humphrey is fit, as folk are saying he is claiming to be, we have at our call 3 pretty quick players of our own in Boyle, Humphrey and Harris, who looked much more like his old self during his little cameo against QOTS ...... What I do want to see is a man of the match performance from John McGinn ..... starting with the cup final last season he hasn't really imposed himself on any of our big games in a forward going sense, in fact he has played more like Marvin Bartley than Marvin Bartley, in that his job seems to be closing down and breaking up play rather than threatening the back 4 and creating chances.

I just feel we need to take them head on but I know where the defensive side of it all is coming from.

Its all ifs and buts although I'd be very happy to take it to them right from the start with players who can frighten them instead of showing them too much respect.

Either way it will be very interesting to see what side he picks.

corby hibee
22-04-2017, 09:07 AM
I really can see lennon going with the 3-5-2 to start off with, so Bartley In the midfield and Holt up Top and I hope Dylan starts alongside Mcginn with Bartley just behind them.

hibbysam
22-04-2017, 09:14 AM
4-3-3 and let's give them a doing.
Rocky
Gray Daz Efe Lewis
McGinn Fyvie McGeough
Shinnie Cummings Boyle

Lose the ball Shinnie and Boyle become midfielders but let's not forget, this side shipped three to Rangers just last week. Our best chance is just to attack and keep attacking. Their defence is mince.

Craig_in_Prague
22-04-2017, 10:09 AM
No team yet?

O'Rourke3
22-04-2017, 10:21 AM
No team yet?
Waiting on twitter ...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
22-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Aberdeen team up now

corby hibee
22-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, Taylor, Reynolds, McLean, Christie, Rooney, Hayes, Jack
Subs: Alexander, McGinn, O'Connor, Pawlett, Stockley, Wright, Storey

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Starting line-up: Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Ambrose, Stevenson, Boyle, McGinn, Bartley, Fyvie, McGeouch, Cummings #HFCvAFC

Substitutes: Laidlaw, Holt, Keatings, Shinnie, Forster, Humphrey, Graham #HFCvAFC

SteveHFC
Brian Graham is coming on and scoring the winner in a 2-1 win.

corby hibee
Good line up, GGTTH

danhibees1875
22-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Rocky
Bartley
McGinn Fyvie Mcgeough
Cummings Boyle

Half way there. 2-1 to come. GGTTH.

Big_Franck
22-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Strange choice going with 4 central midfielders.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 10:33 AM
McGinn on the bench for Aberdeen.....

GlesgaeHibby
22-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Good strong line up. Bit disappointed to see Shinnie dropped after last weeks performance, but can understand why Bartley has been picked.

euro Hibby
22-04-2017, 10:48 AM
looks a bit like rope a dope ! Defensive midfiled then later opening up to release maybe Shinnie or someone else if needed.