PDA

View Full Version : Building from the back

RIP
16-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Over the past ten years or so when I've looked at our squad the gaps were pretty obvious from front to back.

As of this season NO CLUB in the whole UK has conceded less goals. We are level with Celtic and Spurs on 22. Whilst our league is a lot less competitive there's little doubt we have a defence fit for the SPL.

And when is the last time our midfield was so strong? The Brown, Beuzelin, Thompson era?

Good strikers of course are like hens teeth and we probably need 3 for next season. But would you say that our midfielders and defenders would need little addition next season?

mim
16-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Over the past ten years or so when I've looked at our squad the gaps were pretty obvious from front to back.

As of this season the only club in the whole UK who have conceded less goals is Celtic. We are level with Chelsea on 22. Whilst our league is a lot less competitive there's little doubt we have a defence fit for the SPL.

And when is the last time our midfield was so strong? The Brown, Beuzelin, Thompson era?

Good strikers of course are like hens teeth and we probably need 3 for next season. But would you say that our midfielders and defenders would need little addition next season?

25 now (maybe more)

Spurs have only lost 22, same as Celtic and ourselves

we are hibs
16-04-2017, 05:50 PM
I say we need a creative midfielder and possibly a winger

RIP
17-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Opening post updated after Sunday's games.

As of yesterday NO CLUB in the whole UK has conceded less goals this season.

3 clean sheets in the next 3 league games and we'll give Spurs and the Lesser Greens a run for their money! :flag:

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 12:17 PM
We don't need much but it's all in the forward areas. Creative midfielders and goal scoring strikers.
That all that's needed, no big rebuild needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk