PDA

View Full Version : Another example of poor referee decision making

theonlywayisup
16-04-2017, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWxaKDxnZic

Shocking decision for the penalty.

Also, why is it only Hibs that seems to get players sent off for retaliation following a bad challenge.

H18 SFR
16-04-2017, 03:18 PM
The standard of refereeing across all four leagues is possibly at an all time low. I'm not just meaning big, game changing decisions, I'm more meaning the general match control and decision making.

Ironic that the referee fees are at an all time high yet the standard is rock bottom.

wookie70
16-04-2017, 03:41 PM
That is one of the most ridiculous dives I have ever seen. Surely that looks like a dive from every angle. Good for us though as it obviously anger Brown who may be suspended for the semi and gives The Rangers more of a chance.

Onceinawhile
16-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Looked a penalty to me.

greenlex
16-04-2017, 03:45 PM
That is one of the most ridiculous dives I have ever seen. Surely that looks like a dive from every angle. Good for us though as it obviously anger Brown who may be suspended for the semi and gives The Rangers more of a chance.

I can see how the linesman and even possibly the ref might have been conned from their angles but the 4th official has to see that.

howdenthehibby
16-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Looked a penalty to me.
Stonewaller !
horrendous challenge by the Ceptic defender.:wink:

IainA
16-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Why are the Celtic fans singing our song?
GGTTH

emerald green
16-04-2017, 05:25 PM
The Ross County player should be ashamed of himself. He cheated. Simple as that.

If we were to come out of the dark ages and use video technology, stuff like that could be looked at retrospectively and appropriate action taken.

Brown decided to take retribution (on the wrong player) and was rightly sent off.

HibbyAndy
16-04-2017, 05:30 PM
In live play i knew it was a complete dive , The celtic player was absolutely nowhere near him , The ref was in a decent position and the linesman was yards away .

There is poor refereeing and there is down right cheating , That decision was the latter.

banarc7062
16-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Looked a penalty to me.
Ah waiting on the outcome of your Referee / Linesman application :-):greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Celtic have had a few of the over the years but that is a horrendous decision.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 05:38 PM
In live play i knew it was a complete dive , The celtic player was absolutely nowhere near him , The ref was in a decent position and the linesman was yards away .

There is poor refereeing and there is down right cheating , That decision was the latter.

You sound like one of them. I think we've seen ourselves over the season how bad the referees are. Nothing to do with masonry or religious hatred, just downright horrendous refereeing and it's happening in every stadium.

TRC
16-04-2017, 05:49 PM
The Ross County player should be ashamed of himself. He cheated. Simple as that.

If we were to come out of the dark ages and use video technology, stuff like that could be looked at retrospectively and appropriate action taken.

Brown decided to take retribution (on the wrong player) and was rightly sent off.

If you watch after his reaction is one of shame I thought

lucky
16-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Dembele dived earlier in the game, don't see Rodgers calling him out. So I love it when other teams get decisions against the Old Firm (except Hearts) as it gives them a taste of what happens virtually every week at Ibrox and Parkhead when so called provincial clubs go there.

emerald green
16-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Schalk's cheating got his team a point, and it could possibly be the difference between Ross County staying in the Premiership or not, and thereby ending up with some other club being relegated instead.

It doesn't matter whether it was against Celtic, The Rangers, Hearts or Hibs. It was a dive.

How bad does it have to get before this stuff is tackled in our game? Walker would have been proud of that one.

emerald green
16-04-2017, 05:52 PM
If you watch after his reaction is one of shame I thought

Guilt I'd say. Written all over his face.

Jim44
16-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Brown can't be suspended as the hearing can't take place tilll after the Cup semi.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2017, 06:30 PM
It's dives of that kind that put me off the modern game. You can't even make the usual argument of a player hitting the deck too easily after a tackle; it was just a blatant dive when nobody was near him. He should be given a ban for cheating, as should all players who do it. This carry on is becoming an accepted part of the game, when it's just cheating.

Kojock
16-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Brown can't be suspended as the hearing can't take place tilll after the Cup semi.

Straight red means he automatically misses the next game which is the semi v Sevco.

SlickShoes
16-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Straight red means he automatically misses the next game which is the semi v Sevco.

Celtc are appealing and with the easter break the hearing can't take place until after next weekend so he gets to play.

snooky
16-04-2017, 06:59 PM
It's dives of that kind that put me off the modern game. You can't even make the usual argument of a player hitting the deck too easily after a tackle; it was just a blatant dive when nobody was near him. He should be given a ban for cheating, as should all players who do it. This carry on is becoming an accepted part of the game, when it's just cheating.
As I've said, players should be chastising their own team mates for this pathetic act of cheating. They need to clean up their own houses first.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2017, 07:04 PM
As I've said, players should be chastising their own team mates for this pathetic act of cheating. They need to clean up their own houses first.

Aye, and managers being honest enough to apologise when one of their players does it. They never criticise one of their own players for cheating. I would say publicly he will be dropped for the next game.

southsider
17-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Celtc are appealing and with the easter break the hearing can't take place until after next weekend so he gets to play.

Just using rules like we have done with NL's appeal. But his lawyer will be all over this. Armstrong should have got a red for push on a RC player in the fight after SB's red card. Far, far worse than NL/Duffy handbags at ER

Carheenlea
17-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Celtic are behaving no differently to the Ross County player who dived. He cheated by diving with nobody near him, and Celtic are cheating by appealing Browns red card simply to have him for the Old Firm semi final.
They know Browns tackle was a shocker and need to suck it up and take their punishment instead of cheating the system themselves.

TheMentalHibees
17-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Seeing as this happened against Celtic something might actually be done about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2017, 09:22 AM

That appeal is blatant cheating by Celtic.

JimBHibees
17-04-2017, 12:24 PM

That's an atrocious cop out decision and shows how farcical the administration of the game up here is. Brown should not be playing in the semi final simple as. This nonsense of being able to appeal to allow him to play is a joke.

JimBHibees
17-04-2017, 12:27 PM

Farcical the Easter break is effectively over after today. No reason whatsoever that any appeal could not be heard this week. Shambles.

green day
17-04-2017, 12:28 PM
I get confused about cup v league suspensions.

In the cup, I think McGinn is a yellow away from missing the final. But league yellows don't count toward that potential suspension.

Broonies league red, however, would put him out of the semi?????

JimBHibees
17-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Celtic are behaving no differently to the Ross County player who dived. He cheated by diving with nobody near him, and Celtic are cheating by appealing Browns red card simply to have him for the Old Firm semi final.
They know Browns tackle was a shocker and need to suck it up and take their punishment instead of cheating the system themselves.

They are playing the system however the system should not allow them to do so. No reason whatsoever the appeal could not be heard during this week.

JimBHibees
17-04-2017, 12:34 PM
I get confused about cup v league suspensions.

In the cup, I think McGinn is a yellow away from missing the final. But league yellows don't count toward that potential suspension.

Broonies league red, however, would put him out of the semi?????

That is correct a straight red should rule brown out of next game irrespective of competition however the authorities have allowed him to play by bizarrely announcing no disciplinary hearings from last weekends games are heard until after the semi finals. Shambolic.

green day
17-04-2017, 12:36 PM
That is correct a straight red should rule brown out of next game irrespective of competition however the authorities have allowed him to play by bizarrely announcing no disciplinary hearings from last weekends games are heard until after the semi finals. Shambolic.

Soooo, daft question. Would McGinn be better getting a straight red v the sheep (suspension for next league match and back for final 😁) than a yellow which put him out the final?????

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Soooo, daft question. Would McGinn be better getting a straight red v the sheep (suspension for next league match and back for final 😁) than a yellow which put him out the final?????

He'd also miss the final