PDA

View Full Version : Next Week

brog
16-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Celtic held by Ross County, thanks to an unbelievable refereeing decision. Scott Brown red card, banned from semi final. Could it be a rerun of 21/5/16?

Betty Boop
16-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Celtic held by Ross County, thanks to an unbelievable refereeing decision. Scott Brown red card, banned from semi final. Could it be a rerun of 21/5/16?

I'm sure they'll manage with their huge sqad.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 01:28 PM
I don't see Celtic losing next week.

brog
16-04-2017, 01:29 PM
I don't see Celtic losing next week.

I didn't see them losing last season. Scott Brown will be a huge loss.

monktonharp
16-04-2017, 01:32 PM
they're not unbeatable. I feel a song coming along:greengrin if the THE Rangers don't do it, the other finalists can.

Jack Hackett
16-04-2017, 01:38 PM
I didn't see them losing last season. Scott Brown will be a huge loss.

Nobody is unbeatable in individual games. Just ask Barca... or Engerlund. Just ask Iceland :greengrin

DavidDavidGray
16-04-2017, 02:56 PM
I have a feeling it'll be a rematch from last years final, been saying that since the start of the season. Would much rather face Rangers than Celtic if we get past Aberdeen

frazeHFC
16-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Hibs v Rangers final again would be amazing. Celtic should still beat the Huns but they've looked a bit dodgy of late (apart from their easy win at Tynie).

Pete
16-04-2017, 03:56 PM
If we get through then the police and footballing authorities will be dreading Rangers beating Celtic.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but if we somehow beat Aberdeen then I wonder if we'll see some Parkheadish refereeing decisions on Sunday.

brog
16-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Looks like Celtc will appeal SB sending off & because its Easter hearing won't be until after semi! Scottish football really does shoot itself in the foot all the time.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Looks like Celtc will appeal SB sending off & because its Easter hearing won't be until after semi! Scottish football really does shoot itself in the foot all the time.

Can you appeal for this sort of red card? If they can it should be held as soon as possible, apart from Easter Monday, what about Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Can you appeal for this sort of red card? If they can it should be held as soon as possible, apart from Easter Monday, what about Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday

You can appeal any sort of straight red card.

I've no idea why it can't be held on Wednesday morning, assuming Celtic submit it first thing on Tuesday morning.

The ban should also be increased as there's no way that Celtic seriously think they'll win the appeal. It was a red card all day long.

brog
16-04-2017, 06:23 PM
You can appeal any sort of straight red card.

I've no idea why it can't be held on Wednesday morning, assuming Celtic submit it first thing on Tuesday morning.

The ban should also be increased as there's no way that Celtic seriously think they'll win the appeal. It was a red card all day long.

There used to be extra punishment for a frivolous appeal. Not sure if that still happens but Celtc don't care, there's only one or 2 games they care about now.

The Green Goblin
16-04-2017, 06:27 PM
There used to be extra punishment for a frivolous appeal. Not sure if that still happens but Celtc don't care, there's only one or 2 games they care about now.

You're probably right, but I don't really think you can blame them. If the rules/setup are flawed enough to allow exploitation, that's the SFA'a fault and for them to do something about it. If you were in Celtic's position, wouldn't you do the same? It seems silly, but I don't really blame them.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2017, 07:22 PM
I didn't, like most people, see Celtic getting beat last year.
However....

If we do reach the final, and its against The rAngers,the SFA will be sending runners round Glasgow buying up all stocks of No Exuberance tape.

If it turns out to be an All Green Final?
Well.....Celtic have got to lose sometime:pray: :greengrin

Col2
16-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Don't really care. We just need to win our game and then sit back with the popcorn on a Sunday.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 07:33 PM
You're probably right, but I don't really think you can blame them. If the rules/setup are flawed enough to allow exploitation, that's the SFA'a fault and for them to do something about it. If you were in Celtic's position, wouldn't you do the same? It seems silly, but I don't really blame them.

Correct.

The rule's ridiculous. How can it take almost two weeks for them to hear any appeals from this weekend's matches, just because there's a Bank Holiday tomorrow?

If I was in Celtic's position then of course I would do the same thing, especially when there's no real fear of the ban being significantly increased as a result of the appeal being deemed frivolous.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Don't really care. We just need to win our game and then sit back with the popcorn on a Sunday.

I know
Assuming we do the job on Saturday.
I just cannot picture me sitting in the Clerry Inn next Sunday,silently hoping for a rAngers win,let alone cheering one.

That would be a first in 65 years!

Whatever happens.
Its been an achievement getting to the semi final again.