PDA

View Full Version : Today's games

16-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Straight red for Scott Brown. Will miss the semi v Rangers.

Oh, and the score was Ross County 2 Celtic 2.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Horrendous dive for the County penalty. Retrospective red for Schalk surely.

Smartie
16-04-2017, 01:24 PM
What was the red for?

I just nipped out after watching the penalty. I think that was the worst dive I've ever seen, although in normal time I thought he'd been caught.

greenginger
16-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Straight red for Scott Brown. Will miss the semi v Rangers.

Oh, and the score was 2-2.

Not if they can leave it late enough for an appeal and they can't get an appeal panel together before next weekend.

Either way there will be howls of favouritism and conspiracy from the usual suspects. :greengrin

zlatan
16-04-2017, 01:31 PM
The standard of officiating really has to be something clubs get together about soon. I'd imagine every fans forum has threads this season claiming refs are out to get them when the truth is they're just absolutely awful. Even in real time that was a laughable dive.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Not if they can leave it late enough for an appeal and they can't get an appeal panel together before next weekend.

Either way there will be howls of favouritism and conspiracy from the usual suspects. :greengrin

To be fair, I think the last 5 years have shown that they were not paranoid at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 01:36 PM
The referee, the assistant and Schalk should all be facing lengthy bans.

Although Schalk is ultimately to blame for diving, it was bad enough that the referee and his assistant should have been able to notice it.

16-04-2017, 01:38 PM
What was the red for?

I just nipped out after watching the penalty. I think that was the worst dive I've ever seen, although in normal time I thought he'd been caught.

Bad tackle on Boyce just outside Celtic's box. Lost the plot after he'd been tripped a couple of times and probably annoyed at the dive for the penalty.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2017, 01:46 PM
The referee, the assistant and Schalk should all be facing lengthy bans.

Although Schalk is ultimately to blame for diving, it was bad enough that the referee and his assistant should have been able to notice it.

It's the same ref who let Garner off with his tackle against Hamilton. I doubt it's an accident.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Should be a straight red for cheating

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2017, 01:49 PM
I missed the game but turned over to see them discuss the penalty and the sending off. I know this is celtic we are talking about here, but i'd be unhappy if any Hibs player had dived that blatantly.

There's dives and there's dives, and that has to be in the top 1 of cheating dives, better than anything i've seen even from John McDonald.

I saw the Ross County manager say to Rodgers it was not a penalty, yet celebrate when the penalty went in.

Would any of us have been happy if that happened for us, if Lennon told whoever was taking the penalty to miss it?

Ozyhibby
16-04-2017, 01:57 PM
I missed the game but turned over to see them discuss the penalty and the sending off. I know this is celtic we are talking about here, but i'd be unhappy if any Hibs player had dived that blatantly.

There's dives and there's dives, and that has to be in the top 1 of cheating dives, better than anything i've seen even from John McDonald.

I saw the Ross County manager say to Rodgers it was not a penalty, yet celebrate when the penalty went in.

Would any of us have been happy if that happened for us, if Lennon told whoever was taking the penalty to miss it?

Can't blame the players when there are no consequences for diving and the rewards are so high. It's very rare they get a yellow and I can't think of the compliance officer ever retrospectively banning anyone for diving.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 02:04 PM

Are you serious? A team in real danger of being relegated you want the manager to tell his player to miss the penalty?? Then they go down by either a point or on goal difference... Nah, yer alright, the player is going to get banned for two games anyway. How many decisions have Celtic got against others and they don't miss the penalty on purpose or give a goal straight back when it's been blatantly offside.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Can't blame the players when there are no consequences for diving and the rewards are so high. It's very rare they get a yellow and I can't think of the compliance officer ever retrospectively banning anyone for diving.

You can't remember anyone being banned for diving? Walker this year, GoC against St Johnstone, there has been many occasions where players have been caught and punished afterwards.

Springbank
16-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Brown deserved red.
Bad challenge, on the stretch.
Deserved to walk imho

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Are you serious? A team in real danger of being relegated you want the manager to tell his player to miss the penalty?? Then they go down by either a point or on goal difference... Nah, yer alright, the player is going to get banned for two games anyway. How many decisions have Celtic got against others and they don't miss the penalty on purpose or give a goal straight back when it's been blatantly offside.

Where did i say i that? :confused:

Northernhibee
16-04-2017, 02:17 PM
This is all being set up for a Scottish Cup Final where Celtic have one game to maintain an undefeated season vs us retaining a two year unbeaten streak in the Scottish, isn't it? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-04-2017, 02:19 PM
You can't remember anyone being banned for diving? Walker this year, GoC against St Johnstone, there has been many occasions where players have been caught and punished afterwards.

The reward of a penalty makes it worthwhile though.
Make it a 6 or 7 game ban and then you'll see a lot less of it.
And I think O'Connor got off with it.

greenlex
16-04-2017, 03:33 PM
How many fouls is ****e going to get away with?

Colr
16-04-2017, 03:36 PM
What was the red for?

Looks like we can't expect an improved standard of refereeing next season, then!

Mikey09
16-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Cheats like Schalke, Walker etc should start getting lengthy bans for blatant cheating.
Brown should never have been sent off. Worthy of a yellow but County players reaction was pathetic. It was late but nothing else. I think it will be successfully appealed.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Cheats like Schalke, Walker etc should start getting lengthy bans for blatant cheating.
Brown should never have been sent off. Worthy of a yellow but County players reaction was pathetic. It was late but nothing else. I think it will be successfully appealed.

No chance.

Golden Bear
16-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Brown deserved red.
Bad challenge, on the stretch.
Deserved to walk imho

Without a doubt. He'd lost the plot but considering what happened in the previous 5 mins then I can understand why.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2017, 03:55 PM

Brown also had a kick at Boyce, in the foul before his sending off

Pete
16-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Man U 2 Chelsea 0

Title race on?

ballengeich
16-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Make the punishment for diving a 3 point deduction for the team. Managers would make sure players played fair.

16-04-2017, 04:25 PM
I just knew Brown was going to do something like that after the penalty incident. He was furious and I just knew he was gonna end up clattering someone after that.

I must admit, I like Brown, he's exactly the sort of guy you want in your team but he should have kept the head, a tackle like that could have been pretty dangerous.

As for the penalty, utterly terrible decision but the ref was conned. Embarrassing dive.

J-C
16-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Watching Man U v Chelsea and Rashford has been absolutely immense, he's totally running the show, what a brilliant player they have, should build the team round him.

16-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Watching Man U v Chelsea and Rashford has been absolutely immense, he's totally running the show, what a brilliant player they have, should build the team round him.

And only 17!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2017, 04:42 PM
And only 17!

He's 19 will be 20 in October. Still impressive for such a young player though.

greenlex
16-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Man Utd have been quite impressive today.

hfc rd
16-04-2017, 04:58 PM
What a tremendous Easter weekend this has been! Hibs win the league yesterday and now Utd beat Chelsea with virtually a 2nd string starting XI.

Happy days! 😊

Hibee87
16-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Make the punishment for diving a 3 point deduction for the team. Managers would make sure players played fair.

Who would decide if it was dove when our current lot can't clearly say if a player fained a headbutt

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 05:07 PM
I just knew Brown was going to do something like that after the penalty incident. He was furious and I just knew he was gonna end up clattering someone after that.

I must admit, I like Brown, he's exactly the sort of guy you want in your team but he should have kept the head, a tackle like that could have been pretty dangerous.

As for the penalty, utterly terrible decision but the ref was conned. Embarrassing dive.

Embarrassing behaviour from the club captain.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 05:08 PM
He's 19 will be 20 in October. Still impressive for such a young player though.

Go and say that last part again. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Go and say that last part again. :greengrin

Bang average the manc twat.

greenlex
16-04-2017, 05:13 PM

😂😂

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 05:17 PM

That's more like it, I was getting worried there! :tee hee:

Mikey09
16-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Sportscene crew telling us Brown will be able to play in the semi final due to nobody available to hear the appeal... Scottish Fitba eh?!?! :faf::faf::faf::faf:

--------
16-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Sportscene crew telling us Brown will be able to play in the semi final due to nobody available to hear the appeal... Scottish Fitba eh?!?! :faf::faf::faf::faf:

And then the appeal will be heard and upheld in time for him to play in the final ...

Unless the officials decide it's the Huns' turn to win one.

snooky
16-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Should be a straight red for cheating

If I knew someone wasa diver then I'd make sure if he went down it was for a legit reason :wink:

Benny Brazil
16-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Shocking scenes in France where the Bastia fans got on the pitch and tried to attack the Lyon players during their warm up

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/853625261199380480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpitchka.com%2Fvideo-bastia-fans-have-attacked-lyon-players%2F

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Shocking scenes in France where the Bastia fans got on the pitch and tried to attack the Lyon players during their warm up

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/853625261199380480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpitchka.com%2Fvideo-bastia-fans-have-attacked-lyon-players%2F

West of Scotland fans are on their way.

silverhibee
16-04-2017, 09:07 PM

I'm sure if the ref or his assistants had missed Cummings hand goal (Dundee Utd) that Lennon would have been delighted with the goal, you know what managers are like, "interview after game", Neil, looked like Jason used his hand to score a goal with his hand and gain a advantage, Reply from Lennon, never seen it from where i was standing, will have to look at it before i say anything. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Brown also had a kick at Boyce, in the foul before his sending off

He gets away with it every other week, ref must be a hun. :greengrin

Glory Lurker
16-04-2017, 09:33 PM

Celtc fans won't be happy though as this suggests there's not an ingrained conspiracy against them.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-04-2017, 09:34 PM

What grounds are there for appeal?
Frivolous appeals should result in severe punishment.

greenginger
16-04-2017, 11:47 PM
That stramash after the Scott Brown lunge on the county player looked every bit as bad as the handbags at the Hibs v Morton game.

Will there be an enquiry in to this incident ?

Were Celtic or County players out of control or whatever we have been charged with ?

pacorosssco
17-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Celtc fans won't be happy though as this suggests there's not an ingrained conspiracy against them.

A sweetner for him to make self available for scotland game v england

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2017, 02:07 AM
I still can't believe the penalty Ross County were given; one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. It takes some nerve to dive when the nearest player is a yard away :greengrin