PDA

View Full Version : Roll On The New Season

corby hibee
16-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Just seen this post on keekback and had to share as how funny it is...

As much as I like to see the smaller clubs getting promoted, I think that having Hibs in the top league makes Scottish football look really amateur and seriously weakens the league.

That said, it give us the chance to exact revenge for the most embaressing result in our history when they knocked us out of the cup this year so from that point of view, I'm glad they have joined the big boys.

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Don't feed the trolls ;)

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 09:41 AM

As much as I like to see the smaller clubs getting promoted, I think that having Hibs in the top league makes Scottish football look really amateur and seriously weakens the league.

That said, it give us the chance to exact revenge for the most embaressing result in our history when they knocked us out of the cup this year for the second year in a row so from that point of view, I'm glad they have joined the big boys.

Updated. :wink:

16-04-2017, 09:44 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

-Jonesy-
16-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Having the team with the 3rd biggest stadium and attendance in the country in the top league makes it look amateur?

No, spitting at and assaulting playing and coaching staff does.

Deluded shower of ****s.

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2017, 10:03 AM

That said, it give us the chance to exact revenge for the most embaressing result in our history when they knocked us out of the cup this year so from that point of view, I'm glad they have joined the big boys.

Most embarrassing result in their history was being papped out of Europe by the Maltesers. Losing 0-7 at home to us and Celtic or 6-2 to us doesn't even come close.

Stantons Angel
16-04-2017, 10:50 AM
it just makes me wonder just how many of these people need counselling?

i know they are so full of themselves but do they live in a real world?

Since we won the cup they seem to have been stunned into a weird silence and shock!

its time they practiced their note sending and woke up to reality!

stoneyburn hibs
16-04-2017, 10:54 AM
They're bricking it, knowing full well that we will give them a doing next season.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2017, 11:01 AM
One of the things that's going to make Scottish football look a bit shabbier at the start of next season is kicking off with one more stadium with only three stands and another one looking like a scrap yard.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jag7
16-04-2017, 11:02 AM
They have enough on their plate without worrying about us .. but beating them 3 times will be nice !!

Bostonhibby
16-04-2017, 11:04 AM
I wonder if Scottish football will ever get over the stigma of being the only league in Britain that has a team playing in it that bumped the Lady Haig Poppy Fund out of their money?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Wasn't their most embarrassing result at Dens?

wpj
16-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Oh do tell!what happened?

Bostonhibby
16-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Wasn't that the one where they won the league? There were certainly people out and about in Edinburgh before the game wearing tee shirts pronouncing this seismic event. Cup win the week after as well.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Wasn't that the one where they won the league? There were certainly people out and about in Edinburgh before the game wearing tee shirts pronouncing this seismic event. Cup win the week after as well.

Yes I'm sure it was, the week after that they completed the double.

It was a while ago, mid-80s rings a bell.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Yes I'm sure it was, the week after that they completed the double.

It was a while ago, mid-80s rings a bell.
Some achievement. Where did they get the money from way back then?

hibeeleicester
16-04-2017, 02:57 PM
The most embarrassing thing is everyone that has bitten to a clear wind up. :agree:

Unseen work
16-04-2017, 03:01 PM
I'm very very excited at the prospect of next season.

A team that has won the Scottish cup and the champions. (Not including the Scottish cup this year...yet)

I reckon we will keep our incredible attendances up next season too.

I can see us spending a lot and having a very busy and good summer transfer window.

I hope the Premiership are ready for Hibernian FC

Jack Hackett
16-04-2017, 03:10 PM
If there's a single brain cell with promotional nous at the SPFL :rolleyes:, they'll give us them at ER as the season opener. Friday night under the lights

Getting wet just thinking about it :greengrin

16-04-2017, 03:21 PM
- Best stadium outside of the OF
- Biggest attendance this season outside of Parkhead and ibrox
- State of the art training complex
- In yet another semi-final at hampden

Yea I can see how us joining would make the SPL "amateurish" right enough :rolleyes: They really are the most delusional set of supporters on the planet eh?! It's actually quite worrying tbh.

LaMotta
16-04-2017, 03:25 PM
If there's a single brain cell with promotional nous at the SPFL :rolleyes:, they'll give us them at ER as the season opener. Friday night under the lights

Getting wet just thinking about it :greengrin

First game of the season is a big deal anyway so no need for a derby......better to wait a few weeks.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 03:44 PM
- Best stadium outside of the OF
- Biggest attendance this season outside of Parkhead and ibrox
- State of the art training complex
- In yet another semi-final at hampden

Yea I can see how us joining would make the SPL "amateurish" right enough :rolleyes: They really are the most delusional set of supporters on the planet eh?! It's actually quite worrying tbh.

We've not quite managed to have the biggest attendance for a match outside Ibrox and Parkhead.

Aberdeen got over 19,000 for their match v Sevco last week.

InchHibby
16-04-2017, 04:35 PM

Also a book printed titled Championes with one page to be written. We now know that title got shelved.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Also a book printed titled Championes with one page to be written. We now know that title got shelved.
So they didn't win despite having all that gear made up saying that they did?

No wonder one of their defenders allegedly hid in the toilet instead of playing.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2017, 06:24 PM
First game of the season is a big deal anyway so no need for a derby......better to wait a few weeks.

Am I right in saying as Championship Champions we get a home game first off to "unfurl the flag"?

J

16-04-2017, 06:37 PM
We've not quite managed to have the biggest attendance for a match outside Ibrox and Parkhead.

Aberdeen got over 19,000 for their match v Sevco last week.

Did we not get 20k v hearts in the replay? and im sure we sold out our end v Utd

Dibben
16-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Did we not get 20k v hearts in the replay? and im sure we sold out our end v Utd

Attendance for the Hearts replay was 20k plus!!

SanFranHibs
16-04-2017, 06:48 PM
They're bricking it, knowing full well that we will give them a doing next season.

They certainly are.....but enough of their finances.

:flag::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Hearts will continue to be schooled by us next season. We have a very experienced squad who have played together for a while and who know how to win trophys and play in big games. Add another couple good signings and we will do very well.

MartinfaePorty
16-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Attendance for the Hearts replay was 20k plus!!

20,205 according to Sky Sports

Jack Hackett
16-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Hearts will continue to be schooled by us next season. We have a very experienced squaud who have played together for a while and who know how to win trophys and play in big games. Add another couple good signings and we will do very well.

I read somewhere that they had used 75 players since relegation... and that was before the shopping spree.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Hearts will continue to be schooled by us next season. We have a very experienced squaud who have played together for a while and who know how to win trophys and play in big games. Add another couple good signings and we will do very well.

We will. Cathro was at the game yesterday, wonder which player he was watching

Mikey09
17-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Contrary to what any Yam will tell you the 2 clubs are miles apart just now in relation to where they're going. I expect Lennon to sign most of our out of contract players and add a few new signings. Who and what positions is another debate.

Cathro/Levein/Budge will **** the bed and ditch most of the players they signed in January, (to make sure they put us out the cup), and I expect another flurry of signings, in the same mould as the ones released, to come in and struggle with the rigours of Scottish football. They're a club putting blind faith in a youth coach but Levein is too pig headed to admit he's got this appointment hugely wrong.

Roll on next season... :wink: