PDA

View Full Version : Cash

Enough said
16-04-2017, 07:13 AM
Wonder how much our manager will get next season ?? Club must be making plenty

The Spaceman
16-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Potentially a record season ticket number, another money spinning :greengrin Scottish cup run, 1st in the Championship, TV money next year, much better away support gates next year...must all stack up nicely for us. Plus we hardly went cash crazy with signings for this season so must be a decent amount banked!

Jack
16-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Potentially a record season ticket number, another money spinning :greengrin Scottish cup run, 1st in the Championship, TV money next year, much better away support gates next year...must all stack up nicely for us. Plus we hardly went cash crazy with signings for this season so must be a decent amount banked!

I suspect a healthy wedge from the health centre in the FF too!

Enough said
16-04-2017, 07:48 AM
I suspect a healthy wedge from the health centre in the FF too!

500 grand was being mentioned not sure how true

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Bit of investment, the right players and NL, could see us back in Europe again:flag:

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Johnny

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 09:30 AM
We should be taking full advantage of the good feeling around the club.

I believe we have a real opportunity to build a team that's capable of finishing in the top four of the Premiership. That has to be the target for a club of our size. We have the foundations of a decent side already in place and we have the resources to attract much better players than the majority of the clubs in the league.

I think next season may come a bit too soon but within the next three years, Aberdeen have to be the target and the benchmark on how we judge ourselves.

WhileTheChief..
16-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Let's not get carried away about the cup run, the cash on offer is barely worth it.

For playing in the semi final we get, wait for it, £18k.

If we make it through to the final we get £30k as Runner Up or a massive £60k for winning it.

This is just the prize money and there would still be gate receipts and merchandise etc to add in but I was shocked to read just how low the figures are.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Let's not get carried away about the cup run, the cash on offer is barely worth it.

If we make it through to the final we get £30k as Runner Up or a massive £60k for winning it.

This is just the prize money and there would still be gate receipts and merchandise etc to add in but I was shocked to read just how low the figures are.

£60k for winning the final, but over £100k when you add in the prize money for winning the previous rounds. Add to that a share of the 80,000 semi final attendance, the tv money for the semi final, the tv money for the Hearts tie, the full houses for both them games, a big crowd vs Bonnyrigg and Ayr. Let's not kid ourselves on that this cup run won't make us money again, it'll have made well in excess of £500k and if we win the semi final your probably talking nearing £1m if we win the semi final.

scoopyboy
16-04-2017, 09:36 AM

I agree re prize money but the Cup run is worth plenty.

Two games against Hearts plus a live tv fee, worth around £350,000.

Semi finals split will be worth in excess of £350,000.

Cup final would get about £500,000.

Is It On....
16-04-2017, 11:25 AM

Those numbers are beyond a joke. Glad the SFA held out for such a great deal!!