PDA

View Full Version : Goals From A Set Piece

Hulk1875
16-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Have hibs been working on them in training or was it bad defending?

Enough said
16-04-2017, 07:13 AM
Lennon said we work on them all the time

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 07:15 AM
A bit of both, Lennon and the players say we work on them but the defending was absolutely atrocious. The second goal especially, the ball was about to bounce in the 6 yard box before Daz turned it in.

Hulk1875
16-04-2017, 07:37 AM
goal from a corner in first 10 minutes on Saturday will do 😁

wookie70
16-04-2017, 09:20 AM
The third goal was definitely a worked move. SDG spins to back post and Boyle holds off the QOTS player to allow a free header for our Cup Winning captain. The ref missed it but if the move came from Lennon or the coaching staff it must have been great to see it come off. It was a certain foul and Daz's opener was offside too so at last we got a bit of the rub of the green from the ref.

What amazes me is that when Keats comes on Jason stops taking corners. Jason's delivery has been outstanding and I would leave him playing the ball in.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 09:29 AM
The third goal was definitely a worked move. SDG spins to back post and Boyle holds off the QOTS player to allow a free header for our Cup Winning captain. The ref missed it but if the move came from Lennon or the coaching staff it must have been great to see it come off. It was a certain foul and Daz's opener was offside too so at last we got a bit of the rub of the green from the ref.

What amazes me is that when Keats comes on Jason stops taking corners. Jason's delivery has been outstanding and I would leave him playing the ball in.

The first goal wasn't offside at all. Daz was in line with the boy running in. We also had a poor offside call against JC when the keeper made a great save first half.

corby hibee
16-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Makes a change to score from a set piece and not have Jason on the score sheet and winning so comfortable.

whiskas
16-04-2017, 10:19 AM

Personally I'd prefer Jason in the box at corners getting on the end of 2nd balls/ricochets in the box however you can't argue with 2 assists from 2 corners. In fact I said that just as he swung it in for our 3rd which probably shows why Neil Lennon is in charge and I'm not :D

weecounty hibby
16-04-2017, 10:20 AM
First time we've looked dangerous at corners since last May. Hope it continues next week

wookie70
16-04-2017, 10:37 AM
The first goal wasn't offside at all. Daz was in line with the boy running in. We also had a poor offside call against JC when the keeper made a great save first half.

There are 4 of us sat right in line with it in the front row of the West Upper. He was about half a yard offside as far as we are all concerned and looks that way from the highlights.It is tight but I still think he was off. The still on your post is far too small to see. I agree with the Cummings one which was pretty much in the same spot.

worcesterhibby
16-04-2017, 11:50 AM
have freeze framed it on the highlights about 20 times...he's inline as mcginn makes contact with the ball. ONSIDE

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2017, 12:17 PM
First time we've looked dangerous at corners since last May. Hope it continues next week

We have scored from corners in 4 of our 5 games against QoTS this season

wookie70
16-04-2017, 12:19 PM
have freeze framed it on the highlights about 20 times...he's inline as mcginn makes contact with the ball. ONSIDEDoesn't look that way to me and certainly didn't from where I sat. As McGinn took the free kick I said Daz is offside to my mate. No difference now as it is recorded as a goal and delighted that Daz got it.

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Doesn't look that way to me and certainly didn't from where I sat. As McGinn took the free kick I said Daz is offside to my mate. No difference now as it is recorded as a goal and delighted that Daz got it.

I sit in line at the East stand side and he was not offside. The highlights prove that pretty convincingly.

worcesterhibby
16-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Doesn't look that way to me and certainly didn't from where I sat. As McGinn took the free kick I said Daz is offside to my mate. No difference now as it is recorded as a goal and delighted that Daz got it.

18383 As you can see, Daz and the defender at the top of the image are inline and the ball has already left JM's boot

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Personally I'd prefer Jason in the box at corners getting on the end of 2nd balls/ricochets in the box however you can't argue with 2 assists from 2 corners. In fact I said that just as he swung it in for our 3rd which probably shows why Neil Lennon is in charge and I'm not :D

My bigger worry is that I don't think Cummings is particularly exceptional at taking corners though granted yesterday's were good.
I'm genuinely surprised that there's not an approach that has them staying in training until 2 or 3 of the midfielders can whip in a decent corner.

JC's biggest asset is the reactions of a natural goalscorer which you'd ideally want in the box.

Bit petty of me after a 3-0 win I guess :)

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 01:13 PM
My bigger worry is that I don't think Cummings is particularly exceptional at taking corners though granted yesterday's were good.
I'm genuinely surprised that there's not an approach that has them staying in training until 2 or 3 of the midfielders can whip in a decent corner.

JC's biggest asset is the reactions of a natural goalscorer which you'd ideally want in the box.

Are you kidding? I hope so. JC's delivery from corners has been exceptional for some time now. Keatings came on and his first three hit the first defender.

hibsbollah
16-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Are you kidding? I hope so. JC's delivery from corners has been exceptional for some time now. Keatings came on and his first three hit the first defender.

:agree: Jason's corners are reliably dangerous.

BoomtownHibees
16-04-2017, 01:28 PM

JC hits a decent set piece 9 times out of 10

Jack Hackett
16-04-2017, 01:30 PM
:agree: Jason's corners are reliably dangerous.

When you don't have "Henderson to deeliveeeer!"... who you gonna call? :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 01:56 PM

He hits a decent corner but I'd still argue not exceptional. I think the fact he's a notch up power wise from other players in the team gives more whip on the ball and that's definitely more dangerous.

Best in the team? Yes. Exceptional? Not in my opinion.

Keatings I completely agree with you on.

wookie70
16-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I sit in line at the East stand side and he was not offside. The highlights prove that pretty convincingly.

The highlights don't prove a thing as they are taken from a poor angle. No way of telling either way now. We can just agree to disagree on the offside and agree on the fact it was a great delivery from SJM and top header from Daz.