PDA

View Full Version : South Stand

h18eeynick
15-04-2017, 11:40 PM
As a pay at the gate fan due to living in Carlisle and unable to get to all games I have had some really bad seats in West Lower where you cant even see the away support or scoreboard to read team etc. Had brilliant seats in South stand today and really think we need to open it more regularly. Only down side is last 4 games i have had £2 on Darren to score first goal at 25 to 1 and no bookies in South so lost chance of £50 and just to rub my face in it he gets 2 ! What does everyone else think about South stand as a regular feature ? Mind you i had 2 really annoying kids in front of me trying to poke a flag stick in my eyes when they werent waving in but it was a hibs kids day after all and they are the future support

IberianHibernian
15-04-2017, 11:58 PM
As a pay at the gate fan due to living in Carlisle and unable to get to all games I have had some really bad seats in West Lower where you cant even see the away support or scoreboard to read team etc. Had brilliant seats in South stand today and really think we need to open it more regularly. Only down side is last 4 games i have had £2 on Darren to score first goal at 25 to 1 and no bookies in South so lost chance of £50 and just to rub my face in it he gets 2 ! What does everyone else think about South stand as a regular feature ? Mind you i had 2 really annoying kids in front of me trying to poke a flag stick in my eyes when they werent waving in but it was a hibs kids day after all and they are the future supportHave suggested on another thread Category B match season ticket in South which might interest adults who dont want to take kids to Category A matches . Improve atmosphere and get some cash in for club . Space for walk ups too .

monktonharp
16-04-2017, 12:40 AM
As a pay at the gate fan due to living in Carlisle and unable to get to all games I have had some really bad seats in West Lower where you cant even see the away support or scoreboard to read team etc. Had brilliant seats in South stand today and really think we need to open it more regularly. Only down side is last 4 games i have had £2 on Darren to score first goal at 25 to 1 and no bookies in South so lost chance of £50 and just to rub my face in it he gets 2 ! What does everyone else think about South stand as a regular feature ? Mind you i had 2 really annoying kids in front of me trying to poke a flag stick in my eyes when they werent waving in but it was a hibs kids day after all and they are the future supportwhere should they put folk for HibsKids days then? I was in there, a bit of a shambles with seats and lots of Norwegians,Germans and Italian visitors as I saw which was great. still could have done with opening up the top section imho.the foreign visitors seemed to be in large groups, which would have been ideal with more space upstairs, and unlikely to mix unduly with opposition fans at half-time etc

cloudy
16-04-2017, 07:50 AM
As a pay at the gate fan due to living in Carlisle and unable to get to all games I have had some really bad seats in West Lower where you cant even see the away support or scoreboard to read team etc. Had brilliant seats in South stand today and really think we need to open it more regularly. Only down side is last 4 games i have had £2 on Darren to score first goal at 25 to 1 and no bookies in South so lost chance of £50 and just to rub my face in it he gets 2 ! What does everyone else think about South stand as a regular feature ? Mind you i had 2 really annoying kids in front of me trying to poke a flag stick in my eyes when they werent waving in but it was a hibs kids day after all and they are the future support
I do the same bet every week, if it makes you feel better he was only 18/1 yesterday

hfc rd
16-04-2017, 12:44 PM
I think we should open the south for the St Mirren game as no doubt some folk will want to see us lift the trophy and celebrate. Also give the team a great send-off for the cup final. 😎

Billy Whizz
16-04-2017, 12:46 PM
I think we should open the south for the St Mirren game as no doubt some folk will want to see us lift the trophy and celebrate. Also give the team a great send-off for the cup final. 😎

Think we will, also St Mirren may bring a large support, if they need something to stay up

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Unless we can sell out, or almost sell out, the other three stands we won't be opening the south stand for Hibs fans as it will cost the club extra in policing and stewards due to segregation being required.

It's really up to the fans to come out in their numbers on a regular basis to justify having Hibs fans in the south stand.

Keith_M
16-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm sure Hibs would open the South Stand for home fans if there's ever enough demand.

The things is, there's over 16k seats in the home end so I don't see it happening too often.

G B Young
16-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I was in the South yesterday for the first time since the misery of the Hamilton play-off. A very much happier experience yesterday and I was especially impressed by the stewards, who were friendly and helpful to those of us with young kids in tow.