PDA

View Full Version : Midfield next week v sheep

hibeg
15-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Do you remember the league cup semi final last season v St Johnstone ? Dylan, FF and SJM literally tore the premier team apart
No idea why NL doesn't play FF. IMO we have an excellent chance if we go with these 3 in midfield.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2017, 10:41 PM
I'm fairly certain we'll start with the same team next week, barring any injuries in training during the week.

S4uzee
15-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Has to be 3-5-2 for me. 3 CMs is a must as Aberdeen are strong in there

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 11:08 PM
I can see Marvin Bartley being recalled for this. The sort of player you need for these sort of games. Midfield battle is going to be key as to who goes on to win. Aberdeen are very strong in this area and out wide with Shinnie, Jack, McClean, Hayes, McGinn etc. We need to make sure we dominate that midfield.

Onceinawhile
15-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Tough to drop anyone who started today, likewise Marvin Bartley should always start against teams from above.

Big decision for lenny.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2017, 11:22 PM
Next week is a completely different game from today`s and we need to have our strongest midfield and defence and hope that Cummings will find form or still grab a goal if still off form since we`re unlikely to score 1 let alone 3 from set pieces like today . Got to play someone upfront with JC so would go with Shinnie or Keatings , maybe even both . Can see Harris being important as a sub in second half or even from start if Shinnie is played upfront with JC .

RoYO!
15-04-2017, 11:31 PM
If you're not playing a target man then I would go with fyvie over Bartley. Fyvie is more likely to play the killer pass and imo is the better technical player. He also got tore in today and was happy to get involved in the physical side. I believe he is more or less on the same wavelength as SJM and Dylan- and Shinnie seemed to play well with the three others. Kept QOS v quiet and controlled large portions of the game.

overdrive
16-04-2017, 12:40 AM
It will be today's midfield but with Bartley in for Fyvie. If we play two up front, one of Shinnie or McGeough will drop out.

GreenOnions
16-04-2017, 10:10 AM
We'll need to be able to keep the ball against the sheep - preferably on the ground too. For me - that makes McGinn, Fyvie and McGeouch stick-on starters. Fyvie made a huge difference to us yesterday - not just with his performance but also by improving our ability to play the ball from the back.

I don't see any change to the GK or to the back four and JC will obviously start. So that leaves Shinnie and Boyle as the only question marks as starters.

Depending on formation I'd imagine possible replacements would be Holt, Bartley, Humphrey or Harris.

Personally I'd keep both Boyle and Shinnie as starters as I think Shinnie will enjoy the extra space he might get at Hampden against a better team and Boyle's hard work will perhaps help counter Aberdeen's threat in wider areas.

wookie70
16-04-2017, 10:12 AM
I would have started Bartley if it was against hob nailed boot teams like Hearts or Falkirk but I would go for FF and the rest of yesterdays team for the semi

Jag7
16-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Got to keep it the same as yesterday .. and depending on how the game goes bring on Bartley if required ..

southsider
16-04-2017, 11:30 AM
SJM always, it seems to me, plays better when along side Fraser. So St John, FF, Marv and Dylan.

Unseen work
16-04-2017, 11:32 AM
I think we will go 352 next week if Hanlon is fit

..................Marciano

.......... Ambrose Mcgregor Hanlon

Gray Bartley Mcgeouch Mcginn Stevenson

........Boyle...........Cummings

Centre Hawf
16-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Same team as yesterday for me. When we get the ball we need to be careful of not giving it away and make the best use of it as possible. If we find ourselves 1 or 2 up with 15 to go Bartley will know whats needed to see it out. Id also just play Cummings and Boyle together. Pace and a fox in the box.

Libby Hibby
16-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Bartley in / Shinnie out
Holt in / Boyle out

Horses for courses. Need to battle, scrap, fight for everything and once we are on top, unleash Boyle and Shinnie and Keats

ancient hibee
16-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Bartley in for Boyle.Five in midfield allowing us to double up on their wide men who are their match winners and see how the match goes.Cummings up front on his own.Play the ball up through the midfield keep the ball short.Regular four at the back supported by Bartley in front of central defence and Shinnie and McGeouch tight in front of Gray and Stevenson.McGinn and Fyvie to take the ball from Bartley.

Malthibby
16-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Hope Fyvie keeps his place & we play the same team. Shape & control, we were just so much more coherent yesterday.
Aberdeen are obvioously better than QotS but if we have the ball, they don't.
GG

.Sean.
16-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose McGregor Stevenson

Bartley

McGeough Fyvie McGinn

Holt Cummings

cmcd
16-04-2017, 12:09 PM
I would play same team as yesterday's. 10 of them fought hard for every ball . Hampden is made for players like Boyle and Shinnie .Only my opinion of course

DarlingtonHibee
16-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose McGregor Stevenson

Bartley

McGeough Fyvie McGinn

Holt Cummings

This