PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kids Day

WestEndHibee
15-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Well done to the club for the perfect timing of Hibs Kids Day! These kids are the future paying fans, singing section, shareholders, maybe even players!

It was well organised and the kids had a ball.

Special mention to Grant Holt too who made a point during the lap of honour to give a lucky fan his hibs training top. One of the good guys.

SirDavidsNapper
15-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Well done to the club for the perfect timing of Hibs Kids Day! These kids are the future paying fans, singing section, shareholders, maybe even players!

It was well organised and the kids had a ball.

Special mention to Grant Holt too who made a point during the lap of honour to give a lucky fan his hibs training top. One of the good guys.

Everything about the club is appealing to youngsters. The singing section and the brilliant Hibs Kids are huge factors in that. What's the other option? The library across the city? Our support is going to grow and grow in the years to come.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2017, 08:55 PM
They done well - face painting, stickers and sweets in the concourse. Winning teams and laps of honour on the pitch.

Great to see so many kids enjoying themselves in the south stand.

Hopefully they can convince their parents to go every week. And hopefully their parents to convince them to go to the toilet before the game starts... :greengrin

Carheenlea
15-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Had my 5 & 2 year old daughters there today - the youngest making her debut. Both enjoyed the day and to see what their Dad is doing every Saturday afternoon! Sue and the team did a sterling job in making the kids feel welcome, and as one who was enrolled in the very first year of the Hibs Kids all those years ago, it's terrific to see the initiative still going strong.

wookie70
15-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Well done to the club a great day in general but a day to remember for all the wee ones. Imagine telling your mates you held the hand of Daz the day he scored two to help Hibs win the league. I noticed Holt too and although I don't rate him as a player he has been a great guy to have at the club. I'll remember Effe's tumbling more though.

Andy74
15-04-2017, 09:21 PM
So where are the activities now?

We arrived after 2 so couldn't get in behind the goals, which my daughter used to enjoy. There was nothing going on in the shop.

Previously it was meet the mascot and face painting etc in the shop then you could move up to behind the goals.

My daughter was disappointed not to see any Hibs kids stuff today.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2017, 09:23 PM
I was just thinking today that youngsters in the crowd have watched Hibs win the Scottish Cup and a League title in the space of 11 months! If only it were always that way :greengrin

Ilovehibs
15-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Yip Jonnyboy. These youngsters don't know they're living eh !

Jonnyboy
15-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Yip Jonnyboy. These youngsters don't know they're living eh !

:greengrin

ano hibby
15-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I was just thinking today that youngsters in the crowd have watched Hibs win the Scottish Cup and a League title in the space of 11 months! If only it were always that way :greengrin

Yep both sons now seen Hibs win the League Cup, the Scottish Cup and now a League title all before the age of 20!
Bit of a breeze this Hibs supporting mularkey!

ano hibby
15-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Yep both sons now seen Hibs win the League Cup, the Scottish Cup and now a League title all before the age of 20!
Bit of a breeze this Hibs supporting mularkey!

Also witnessed play off heartache, 0-4, 1-5 and a few others besides!

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2017, 09:39 PM
So where are the activities now?

We arrived after 2 so couldn't get in behind the goals, which my daughter used to enjoy. There was nothing going on in the shop.

Previously it was meet the mascot and face painting etc in the shop then you could move up to behind the goals.

My daughter was disappointed not to see any Hibs kids stuff today.

They had face painting and that in the south stand Andy. We had to move all out STs there to get a ticket for my wee one - that was the only stand available for Hibs kids (well for those that don't have STs).

Andy74
15-04-2017, 09:42 PM
They had face painting and that in the south stand Andy. We had to move all out STs there to get a ticket for my wee one - that was the only stand available for Hibs kids (well for those that don't have STs).

The least populated stand with no season ticket holding Hibs Kids? Doesn't appear to make me chbsense!

What they used to do was a big reason my daughter got into coming. They need to be careful with dropping it.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2017, 09:45 PM
The least populated stand with no season ticket holding Hibs Kids? Doesn't appear to make me chbsense!

What they used to do was a big reason my daughter got into coming. They need to be careful with dropping it.

It was the least populated stand but I guess it was a more concentrated area of kids that they want to encourage along more often?

Fritz
15-04-2017, 09:55 PM

It's not been dropped, just relocated to the South stand. I guess the idea is to create a specific hibs kids zone where they can concentrate all the fun activities. Presumably a season ticket holder elsewhere in the ground can get their tickets moved to the South for these games? Bit of a faff though admittedly.

Onceinawhile
15-04-2017, 10:56 PM

My son asked who we had in the semi final last year. Spoiled wee git!

LustForLeith
16-04-2017, 09:29 AM

My ten year old son has seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup, the league title and beat Hearts in the two derbies he's attended.

No idea how many derbies I went to before we won two!