PDA

View Full Version : No hoofball

Cat Stanton
15-04-2017, 06:46 PM
What a beautiful, blessed, relief. Ball on the deck, passing it to feet, no aimless punts up the pitch.

Could we not have done this a bit more...? Would have been a more enjoyable year..

davym7062
15-04-2017, 06:54 PM
I don't think a lot of the pitches allow decent football

Big L
15-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Some really good stuff today, surely no coincidence Fyvie back in the side. A few of them looked really up for it, none less than McGinn. Hope he plays the same side in the semi.

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Fyvie made things a whole lot tidier.
Good player.

Malthibby
15-04-2017, 07:18 PM
When fit Fyvie, McGeouch, Shinnie & McGinn should start every week; they crush then pass the life out of teams.
Great to watch, not discounting that SJM couldn't hit a coo with a barn door today.....
GG

guthrie01
15-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Most of the draws we had where due to the poor link up play from midfield to our strikers which resulted in hoofing it into the final third. Thankfully Fyvie and Mcgeouch are back and fit ready to lift that cup once again.

DJ HIBBY
15-04-2017, 07:29 PM
I put a lot of our good football today down to the fact that Holt and Graham weren't playing to be honest

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 08:15 PM
One of the best footballing performances we've put in for quite sometime. Some of the play today was absolutely brilliant to watch!

gaz1875
15-04-2017, 08:26 PM
At last, football played through the midfield what a fabulous change :not worth

Peevemor
15-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Lennon said after the match in Greenock that it wasn't worth trying to play good football as the pitch was "fiery" (Duffy commented on it too). I think it's to his credit that he'll change how he sets out the team according to conditions and the players available, instead of sticking to one set of tactics.

monktonharp
15-04-2017, 08:40 PM
When fit Fyvie, McGeouch, Shinnie & McGinn should start every week; they crush then pass the life out of teams.
Great to watch, not discounting that SJM couldn't hit a coo with a barn door today...
GG:agree: Fyvie back in was great to see, SJM was immense today. seemed a bit over anxious to score but had a great game. he will score next week ! Aberdeen will struggle to shackle him

Borderhibbie76
15-04-2017, 09:15 PM
I put a lot of our good football today down to the fact that Holt and Graham weren't playing to be honest
This no target for an aimless hoof up the park

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wookie70
15-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Lennon said after the match in Greenock that it wasn't worth trying to play good football as the pitch was "fiery" (Duffy commented on it too). I think it's to his credit that he'll change how he sets out the team according to conditions and the players available, instead of sticking to one set of tactics.

He also said he might try another style. We play half our games at home and most of those the ball has been hoofed relentlessly. Our best performances have came when we have tried to play football. Lennon got the selection right today leaving the two reasons we play hoofball sat on the bench. To be fair we have been unlucky this year with injuries so the holy trinity of McGinn, McGeouch and Fyvie have played very few games together. Add to that the mobility of Boyle and Shinnie and we will have the legs on most teams plus some very good ball players.

swordin3
15-04-2017, 09:38 PM
I have a good feeling about next week . Same starting eleven definitely lots of options on the bench if things are not going to plan. Been watching hibs for forty years and don't remember such success regards cups, and league, crowds and the feelgood factor is so refreshing. Its a long time since I have been so proud of my club.:flag::flag::flag:

Lancs Harp
15-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Very pleased with the performance today, movement was alot better, the team better balanced and we looked alot more fluid with the ball yet remained solid without it. Played through midfield which personally I much prefer (not a great fan of a big man upfront, which IMO makes us static). Thought John McGinn relished the movement around him and for me no surprise he put in his best shift for sometime with McGeouch and Fyvie (welcome return to form aswell) beside him, options wide and a more mobile Shinnie than a big man infront of him. Like I said I thought the team looked alot better balanced.

inglisavhibs
15-04-2017, 09:54 PM
What a beautiful, blessed, relief. Ball on the deck, passing it to feet, no aimless punts up the pitch.

Could we not have done this a bit more...? Would have been a more enjoyable year..
We have not used the tactics you speak off for a number of seasons. You do realise all goals today came from set pieces and the first from a long cross in to the box. You have to be able to play long balls as well as short crisp passing. Toshak and Keegan were tthe most exciting forwards I saw in my early days and they thrived on long balls and knock down's. Room for both in a good team.