PDA

View Full Version : Has Lennon given himself a selection dilemma

wookie70
15-04-2017, 05:50 PM
After another dismal performance last week Lennon stated he might have to look at changing the way we played to get some wins. I was delighted when the team was announced today. It featured runners and ball players and looked to me like a team who would create plenty chances. It was a Stubbs' team in many ways. I've not listened to any of the post match interviews but I wonder if Lennon is now facing a dilemma in what team to choose for next week. Does he go to his default, don't take many chances, hoof it up to the big man or do we try to beat the Dons by outplaying them. It was very noticeable how much movement we had today compared to most of the rest of the season and I think McGinn was excellent because there was so many spaces due to that movement. We also won the midfield battle very convincingly due to sheer weight of numbers as Shinnie, as usual, put in a terrific shift chasing everything along with Boyle.

One of the things I have liked about Lennon is that he has went for it in the bigger games. I hope he sees that we have some good players when you set them up to keep the ball on the deck and puts out a similar team to today next week. Leave Holt and Graham on the bench and bring them on if we need to change things.

Northernhibee
15-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt the same again.