PDA

View Full Version : What might have been?

Alfiembra
15-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Ever stopped to wonder what might have happened if we hadn't been relegated under Butcher?
If we had survived would he have kept his job? Personally I feel we are now better for the past 3 seasons in the championship compared to where we could have been if Butcher had kept his job. We probably would have had 3 years of still struggling away near the bottom of the premiership and nothing like the feel good factor and optimism for the future we now have.
Its been a roller coaster but I think it's been worth the pain to be where we are now.

GGTTH

CathroMustStay
15-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Ever stopped to wonder what might have happened if we hadn't been relegated under Butcher?
If we had survived would he have kept his job? Personally I feel we are now better for the past 3 seasons in the championship compared to where we could have been if Butcher had kept his job. We probably would have had 3 years of still struggling away near the bottom of the premiership and nothing like the feel good factor and optimism for the future we now have.
Its been a roller coaster but I think it's been worth the pain to be where we are now.

GGTTH

Couldn't agree more.

Never thought I'd say this but three seasons in the 2nd tier has been totally worth it, with the rebuilding of the club and the Scottish Cup victory followed by Neil Lennon becoming our manager.

high bee
15-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Never thought I'd say this but three seasons in the 2nd tier has been totally worth it, with the rebuilding of the club and the Scottish Cup victory followed by Neil Lennon becoming our manager.

Yep, sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom before you can come up again.

Is It On....
15-04-2017, 05:23 PM

GGTTH

I think LD would have binned The Butcher even if we had stayed up.

Colr
15-04-2017, 05:32 PM
I think LD would have binned The Butcher even if we had stayed up.

What was her relationship with him at Motherwell?

She obviously knew him well - and sacked him!

Mr White
15-04-2017, 05:33 PM
What was her relationship with him at Motherwell?

She obviously knew him well - and sacked him!

She didn't arrive at motherwell till a couple of years after he'd left.

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Couldn't agree more.

100% agree.

tomhorn
15-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Totally agree. Strangely enough I'm going to miss the championship. We've always had the league win/promotion on the radar and it's kept it exciting all season. Next year we aren't playing for the title. Will be different.

ACLeith

GGTTH

Hypothetical, but my gut feel is LD would have sacked him regardless. She would have completely seen through the 2 imposters.

Mr White
It's been a bizarre period in the club's history.

Relegated in the most avoidable way.
Staying down for 3 seasons.
Winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

15-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Avoiding relegation would have papered over massive cracks like the year before it did. We only survived the year before because of Griffiths goals, we stayed up and nothing really changed.

Relegation will never be remembered as a good thing, a club like this should never have been allowed to sink so low but it was the start of our rebirth.

PeterboroHibee
15-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Its a shame that it took relegation to sort the club out, but there has been a lot of positives the last few years. It feels like the club has direction now, with good management throughout. We have a consistent squad made up of good players, many of them (if not all) having bought into what playing for Hibs means. Weve also won the league and the Scottish cup, have been in the league cup final, and are in the final of the SC again this year.

marleyhib
15-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Just got back from the game and was thinking much the same.

The last 3 seasons have been mental, always been something to play for and way more entertaining that the previous few under calderwood, fenlon and butcher.

I think it really shows how dull the OF and Now Celtics dominance of the SPL is. I am really looking forward to next season but agree it will be strange not to be in with a shot at the title.

Really hope Falkirk don't come up too, won't miss playing that lot.

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 07:33 PM
I think Butcher and his muppets would have been sacked if we had stayed up. But then again, the club have become much stronger since relegation and are on the up. Dempster has simply worked miracles. Took over the club that was in complete disarray and at its lowest ebb. She has brought the feel good factor back.