PDA

View Full Version : Guard of honour v Raith

Diclonius
15-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Does anyone think Yogi will elect to give us one?

I can think of a certain player who really, REALLY wouldn't like that.

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Sweet 😉

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Yogi is a Hibee. No doubt he will elect to give us one.

The wee welt will no doubt just stand there and not applaud.

Ryan91
15-04-2017, 04:57 PM

The Rat apparently picked up a booking today that means that he's suspended for the Hibs match. Wonder if it was deliberate?

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 05:00 PM
The Rat apparently picked up a booking today that means that he's suspended for the Hibs match. Wonder if it was deliberate?

Must have heard the score first before getting booked in order to be suspended against us.

B.H.F.C
15-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Can't be. Suspensions don't kick in for 14 days when it's an accumulation of yellows.

Ryan91
15-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Can't be. Suspensions don't kick in for 14 days when it's an accumulation of yellows.

Thanks for the correction, looks like he will have to find some other way to beg off being a part of the Guard of Honour

Pretty Boy
15-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the correction, looks like he will have to find some other way to beg off being a part of the Guard of Honour

Being a sub? That's been his level for much of the season.

Deansy
15-04-2017, 05:03 PM

Was gonna say 'Hope not' after the fuss the 'Ladies-parts' over at the PBS kicked-up when they won it - but then I remembered the 'certain player' in question and I now hope and pray that Yogi does the biz !!

Topographic Hibby
15-04-2017, 05:07 PM
When we won promotion as champions in 98/99, the first game after securing the champ as at Raith and they gave us a guard. I was at that match with my daughter.

I really don't care for them at this level. Bit of an embarrassment really.

007 Mickey Weir
15-04-2017, 05:08 PM

He would probably tried to sneak in a sad 1-5.

PapillonVert
15-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Does anyone know if we will be presented with the League trophy at this game? Or will it be the last Saturday match on 6 May?

15-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Couldn't really give a toss about it tbh. If they do then fair play but if they don't i'm not going to mump and moan and get my knickers all in a twist over it like the yams 2 years ago.

Must admit though, it would be pretty pleasing to see Skacel have to do it though :greengrin Although i'm sure he will come down with a mysterious injury that rules him out the game . . . .

15-04-2017, 05:27 PM
If skacel is part of any guard of honour, it may prove difficult for the hibs players to manoeuvre round his beak onto the pitch.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2017, 07:25 PM
I would love to see Skacel lining up to give us a guard of honour but I can see him coming down with a mysterious illness/injury the night before the match and having to pull out.

That's about the measure of the man.

Carheenlea
15-04-2017, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Neil Lennon was to have a quiet word with Yogi to tell him not to bother with any guards of honour. I'd hope this to be the case anyway!

LustForLeith
15-04-2017, 07:51 PM
My son's a mascot for the Raith game. Not sure if he'll run out with the players in the Guard of Honour?

Ryan91
15-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know if we will be presented with the League trophy at this game? Or will it be the last Saturday match on 6 May?

Final game Vs St Mirren

hibee_girl
15-04-2017, 08:00 PM

apparently he was already over the points threshold before today so he will be suspended.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS40%20(13%20April%202017)%20VM.pdf

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2017, 08:01 PM
It would be hypocritical of me to call for anyone to give us one after opposing one for the others but would be very grateful if Raith did elect to. They were complimentary when we put them out the cup in 2016.

Golden Bear
15-04-2017, 08:04 PM
I've never been in favour of these stupid "guards of honour" and my opinion will not change just because my own team is involved this time.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Summit for the other team to make a call on not ours.
Can only recall it becoming an issue when the yams were calling of for one from us. When tradition gets caught up in the crossfire between rivalry it's a sad day but we are where we are.

Well I'd rather focus on ourselves and doing what we need to do rather than fret about what others may or may not do.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2017, 08:16 PM
apparently he was already over the points threshold before today so he will be suspended.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS40%20(13%20April%202017)%20VM.pdf

Aye looks like it.

What a shock! :rolleyes:

Diclonius
16-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Must have heard the score first before getting booked in order to be suspended against us.

Just checked - he was booked in the 75th minute, when we were 3-0 up and Falkirk were 2-1 down.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

hibee_girl
16-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Just checked - he was booked in the 75th minute, when we were 3-0 up and Falkirk were 2-1 down.

He was already suspended for the game against us so yesterday's booking doesn't come into it

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 09:37 AM

He went over the points threshold last week, it's got nothing to do with his booking yesterday as bookings take 14 days to take effect with regards to a suspension.

thebakerboy
16-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Think at the last game against St Mirren we should be giving them a guard of honour for their results over the last few weeks.

Phil MaGlass
16-04-2017, 11:20 AM
no guard of honour please

Heisenberg
16-04-2017, 11:21 AM
I don't really care either way. Raith will give us one though.

hibee_girl
16-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Ross county doing one for Celtic right now

Northernhibee
16-04-2017, 11:41 AM
We didn't give Sevco one, I don't think we can truly have any entitlement to one ourselves. Don't want one anyway.

hibee_girl
16-04-2017, 11:47 AM
We didn't give Sevco one, I don't think we can truly have any entitlement to one ourselves. Don't want one anyway.

We didn't give rangers one because it was about the 3rd game after they'd won the league.

I think one the game immediately after is fine but no more after that.

Vini1875
16-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Don't care either way and as for skacel, he is a noneitity I don't know why people bother about anything he does or doesn't do. I'm sure Yogi will ask his players to do it, but if not then no hard feelings.

Golden Bear
16-04-2017, 12:01 PM
If we must, then its much more appropriate at the end of the 90 minutes rather than at the start.

However, I rather we just don't get involved at all.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Don't care either way and as for skacel, he is a noneitity I don't know why people bother about anything he does or doesn't do.

I think it comes down to the fact of how much it would bother him (eating him up inside) having to clap us on the pitch - celebrating and acknowledging the achievement of winning the league

He'd hate that and I'd love it

Even if he were to try any 5-1 nonsense- it would just show how petty and childish he is

hibbysam
16-04-2017, 12:19 PM

It's nothing to do with us. I highly doubt Lennon is going to phone Yogi and personally ask for one. If Raith want to give us one then who are we to turn that down? We told Rangers to bolt as they had already had about 4 due to clubs bending over and taking it up the arse from them, same with Hertz the year before.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2017, 02:01 PM
The rAngers FC did not give Hibernian a "guard of honour" after the Exuberance Cup Final 2016
Does any one know why?
Lee Wallace isnae saying;-)

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2017, 02:07 PM
The rAngers FC did not give Hibernian a "guard of honour" after the Exuberance Cup Final 2016
Does any one know why?
Lee Wallace isnae saying;-)

Too busy treating all the attacked players and barricading the doors for fear of their lives

Centre Hawf
16-04-2017, 02:56 PM
If you're the first team to play the winners after confirming it then you should give them it. But after that they can tell us to bolt, just like we told Rangers and Hearts to.

16-04-2017, 03:03 PM
It's nothing to do with us. I highly doubt Lennon is going to phone Yogi and personally ask for one. If Raith want to give us one then who are we to turn that down? We told Rangers to bolt as they had already had about 4 due to clubs bending over and taking it up the arse from them, same with Hertz the year before.

Exactly. You get 1 and thats quite enough, it's the championship ffs not the bloody champions league. Hearts only made a big song and dance out of it because they wanted to have some sort of moral high ground. Do you think they would be bleating on and on if Ayr, QoS or whoever didn't give them one? no. They wanted hibs to do it so they could get it up us and make a fool of us. They had already had 2 or 3, get over yourselves.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Just a thought, and maybe even a wee hope.
When next seasons fixtures are announced,hertz will likely (due to MegaBus Shelter building) play there first few games away from home.

Now a season opener at ER against them, would be an opportunity for our not so noisy neighbours to congratulate Hibernian on getting promotion.
Not with a guard of honour !

Cathro,if he is still in charge (sorry did i type "in charge" just then) could pass a note to Nanny McPhee. to pass to someone else along the bench, eventually reaching Neil Lennon.

The note could read something like this
"Congratulations to you Mr Lennon.your staff and team on promotion from the Championship and winning back to back Scottish Cups" :greengrin

I was earlier listening to a Beach Boys disc.

The track "Wouldn't it be nice" got me thinking this way.

Well, i am allowed to daydream ;-)

Glory Glory

danhibees1875
16-04-2017, 07:18 PM
If you're the first team to play the winners after confirming it then you should give them it. But after that they can tell us to bolt, just like we told Rangers and Hearts to.

I agree about hearts but I thought we were the first team to play rangers after they won it last year?