PDA

View Full Version : Relief more than anything else

SonOfDavidFrancey
15-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Feeling more relieved than anything - that took too long.

Glad to be shot of that *****y wee division.

Back where we belong.

Just Alf
15-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Agree,,, it was complicated by a well prepared Hearts year one and a resurgent The Rangers year 2,,,,, there now tho!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Watching the Ayr v DUFC game on BBC Alabababbaaa and boy is it a relief to escape some of they dumps

SMAXXA
15-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Have to say there will be a few ***** twitching in the big league the thought of us coming up

cammy1969
15-04-2017, 05:08 PM
It's got to be hard when your up against anti football almost every week 10 men behind the ball hard to break thru.

But that's all behind us now If we asked every fan would you swap everything that the clubs done in the time we been down here for getting out at first go it would be a big no last may being the pinnacle.

Let's go hibs onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matty_f
15-04-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm delighted to be honest, relieved a bit but life's too short to not enjoy winning the league the odd time that it happens.

Bishop Hibee
15-04-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm relieved but pleased for the players. A lot of hard graft and a dash of ability deserves its reward.

banchoryhibs
15-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Glad we are up, The pub is happy but not ecstatic which is quite right as we have reclaimed our rightful place in Scottish football lets save the huge celebration for when we retain the cup...

Jack Hackett
15-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Nah! Just absolutely delighted...and pished :greengrin

As I've said on another thread, haven't felt this good since that day... and how I feel is how I feel :party:

... maybe I'll feel as good again next week :greengrin

Onion
15-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Glad to be shot of this league and still more than a little annoyed at Butcher for taking us down. However, without this last 3 years, we wouldn't have signed Stubbs or most of the current Hibs players, never had brought back Stokes, got Henderson et al or experienced anything like 21 May 2016. It's been a crazy 12 months.

Famous Fiver
15-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Take out the ugly sisters and the Jambos, and possibly Dons,the rest will pitch up next season at Easter Road with the bus well and truly parked, and have pathetic away supports.

I've seen poorer Premier away supports than QoS had today. DU, Pars, St Mirren, Falkirk all bring at least as many as Murderwell, Ross Co, St Johnstone, Killie.

We need today's midfield but a quick strong finisher to support Cummings would be top of my shopping list.

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Glad to be shot of this league and still more than a little annoyed at Butcher for taking us down. However, without this last 3 years, we wouldn't have signed Stubbs or most of the current Hibs players, never had brought back Stokes, got Henderson et al or experienced anything like 21 May 2016. It's been a crazy 12 months.

Terry who?

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Take out the ugly sisters and the Jambos, and possibly Dons,the rest will pitch up next season at Easter Road with the bus well and truly parked, and have pathetic away supports.

I've seen poorer Premier away supports than QoS had today. DU, Pars, St Mirren, Falkirk all bring at least as many as Murderwell, Ross Co, St Johnstone, Killie.

We need today's midfield but a quick strong finisher to support Cummings would be top of my shopping list.

Add Hamilton to that list too. Woeful away support

jacomo
15-04-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm delighted to be honest, relieved a bit but life's too short to not enjoy winning the league the odd time that it happens.

Well said.

We've succeeded in our primary objective this season and proved ourselves to be the best team in our division. And we are still the holders of the Scottish Cup.

A wee celebration definitely in order.

lucky
15-04-2017, 05:43 PM
I liked how the players and staff celebrated together. But 3 years in this league is 3 too long but we on. The cup is a freebie now as the league is all that mattered.

Eyrie
15-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Definitely relieved rather than delighted.

But I am enjoying the feelgood factor that Hibs have right now.

where'stheslope
15-04-2017, 06:19 PM

At last someone else who does not think the top league will be easier as just as many teams sit behind the ball in away games!

The problem is, they also have better players than we've played against this season and will make it doubly hard to get results.

Still we have now got to get a team assembled to take on the task, and that will mean up to 6 new players coming in and we will probably lose a few in the close season as well!!!

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Relieved and delighted I was when the announcer the FT Falkirk result at the end. Shouting "at last, at last, finally we're back to where we belong"!

Hannah_hfc
15-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Agree with this thread, delighted but relief is my main emotion today. Excited already for next season

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Robinho08
16-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Definitely a relief, but I'll take that extra season in the championship for the Scottish cup everyday of week. Looking forward to next season now. 😁

WhileTheChief..
16-04-2017, 10:58 AM
3 years in the that league was a price worth paying for the Cup win.

col02
16-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Lessons to be learnt from our three seasons in the championship imho are back the team, don't take anything for granted and show respect to the opposition.

emerald green
16-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Very happy and relieved to finally be going up.

The sense of relief comes from the fact that, as Neil Lennon said in his post match interview, another season in the Championship would have been "very damaging". Neil was spot on with that remark.

Is It On....
16-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Agree,,, it was complicated by a well prepared Hearts year one and a resurgent The Rangers year 2,,,,, there now tho!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We need another 2 wins to match the points total from the previous 2 years...

Eyrie
16-04-2017, 03:48 PM
We need another 2 wins to match the points total from the previous 2 years...

A points total that wasn't enough to get us automatically promoted but only into the rigged lottery of the playoffs.