PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose - any chance we can keep him?

thebausburst
15-04-2017, 11:00 AM
I'd love us to keep the big man, even on a season loan - is there any chance?

alihibs1
15-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Probably not. He'll head down south.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
15-04-2017, 11:12 AM
If he likes Lennon as much as he says he does, gives us plenty of hope. We will
need a strong defence next season. Him, McGregor and Hanlon is a good foundation.

calumhibee1
15-04-2017, 11:13 AM
I would absolutely love to keep him but I doubt it'll be possible.

Franck Stanton
15-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Sure I read somewhere that his wife and kids love life in Scotland . that and the fact he has such a good relationship with Lenny could work in our favour. Hope he stays.

thebausburst
15-04-2017, 11:19 AM
A signing like him would put down a real marker for us and if poss then a few others may follow suit, like Commons, Stoke or the likes.

Brightside
15-04-2017, 11:54 AM
We can't pay his wages. So it's a no.

Lago
15-04-2017, 12:38 PM
No out of our budget.

Tom Hart RIP
15-04-2017, 12:46 PM
He was asked on Hibs TV and smiled and looked about to say 'you never know, but composed himself then said it's too early to think about next season.
From watching the interview i wouldn't be surprised if we got him. Probably depends on other offers. One paper suggested Davie Moyes was looking at him but who knows??

Forza Fred
15-04-2017, 12:52 PM
It's all about dosh, and I can't see us out pay a championship side from down south, or even a league one side for that matter.

MrRobot
15-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Take a year at Hibs in the SPL and get yourself playing first team football again. Chance to earn a decent move after.

CathroMustStay
15-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Efe Ambrose = class act.

:hibees

pontius pilate
15-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Brilliant player keeps it simple and does that easily. Hope we keep him

xyz23jc
15-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Brilliant player keeps it simple and does that easily. Hope we keep him

This! Strolled it today! :thumbsup:

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Sure I read somewhere that his wife and kids love life in Scotland . that and the fact he has such a good relationship with Lenny could work in our favour. Hope he stays.

The above is all in our favour.
The only issue is whether he gets good offers from the English Championship.
I'm sure Lennon will be trying to persuade him to stay for a season at least.
IMO he would be a fantastic signing and worth what we paid him.

15-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Would absolutely love to but unfortunatly I can't see us managing to.

Oscar T Grouch
15-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Unfortunately Efe will head down to a Championship team down south and earn 10 times what we could offer him here. No matter how much he and his family love Scotland hardly anyone would opt for the lower wages. I hope though, by some miracle, Efe would be that 'hardly anyone', stranger things have happened :greengrin

Billychaotic182
15-04-2017, 05:51 PM
I have everything crossed we do. Love him haha

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 07:36 PM
I would love to keep Efe but reckon it's going to be very hard as many clubs down south that can match his Celtic wages will want him. End of the day, it'll come down to what Efe wants.

calumhibee1
15-04-2017, 07:41 PM
I think with Ambrose being foreign, having played in Israel that he's the type of player that will even have plenty offers from abroad. Scottish players don't tend to get these offers but I reckon he'll have offers from all corners of the globe to consider which will most likely mean we won't keep him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to China to be honest.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2017, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't have thought there would be any chance of us keeping him next season.

He'll be way out of our price range.

3pm
15-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Some amazing backflips from the big guy today.

hibee_girl
15-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Ambrose says he never doubted himself, that his determination to show people they were wrong never left him. Now? Well, now he wants to help Hibs to promotion and become Scottish.

"It is important to me because I have been here for a few years now and I know what it means to get it for me and my family,” he explained. “For me, my family comes first. My daughter was born here, which I believe will help me get citizenship here.

"My wife is studying at University and trying to graduate. I just want to make Scotland my home for my family and that has been in the back of my mind. "Everything has been nice, terrific. I've never missed my home and I have always called Scotland my home. So for me to be part of Scotland and my children to be Scottish would be an amazing thing for me."

He wants to be Scottish so you just never know, he might stick around.

Ianhibee
15-04-2017, 09:07 PM

Ambrose could easily play in the English Premiership - too good for Celtic even would be my view - loved seeing him at Hibs - if by some strange chance we could keep him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacorosssco
15-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Will get offers we cant match and is he worth any more hanlon macgregor?. Love him to stay but cash likely needed can be better spent.

My_Wife_Camille
16-04-2017, 02:50 AM
Not a chance unfortunately

lucky
16-04-2017, 02:58 AM
I knew he'd skoosh it in this league but I've been very surprised how good he's been. Celtic fans that I know all treat as some sort of joke figure but he's a class above most at ER. He'll easily command wages of £15k-£20k a week in the financially bloated English leagues

California-Hibs
16-04-2017, 04:52 AM
Was absolutely delighted when we landed him, knew he'd be a standout. You'd have to think we'd have next to no chance to get him for next season as a lot of teams with bigger budgets than ours will be sniffing. However with Lennon in charge you can't completely rule it out..
Would be exceptional!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2017, 07:29 AM
If the criteria is money then no chance. But Ambrose has shown respect and commitment for the shirt and that's a far cry from some of the loans we have had. Better to be happy that we have had him over sad we can't keep him.

Enough said
16-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Deal on the table for him surely???

seanshow
16-04-2017, 10:20 AM
In his interview on Hibs tv, he gave the respectful answer about concentrating on the rest of the season (similar to Stokes last season), and you can't expect him to drastically cut his wage to keep playing for us, but here's hoping he has been class so far.

emerald green
16-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Much will depend on what his wife/family says to him, first of all. Secondly, what his agent says to him. Thirdly, which clubs decide to make him an offer, and finally HOW MUCH they are prepared to pay him.

If it comes down to HOW MUCH, Hibs unfortunately cannot compete with the huge wages he could command playing in England or abroad.

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Take a year at Hibs in the SPL and get yourself playing first team football again. Chance to earn a decent move after.

Wasn't he off to Blackburn until a last minute work permit issue stopped it?
If so, I'd imagine he'd be looking at significantly more wages than we could ever offer.

Allant1981
16-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Wasn't he off to Blackburn until a last minute work permit issue stopped it?
If so, I'd imagine he'd be looking at significantly more wages than we could ever offer.

he was yip, dont think he has played for his country since so work permit might still be an issue in the summer, not sure how it works for him going abroad though

Jack Hackett
16-04-2017, 03:19 PM
His form at Hibs has not gone unnoticed, so no chance. He can still make real money for a few years, and no-one in their right mind would pass that up towards the end of their career

Diclonius
16-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Ambrose is a fantastic player but we already have two excellent centre backs in Hanlon and McGregor, with Fontaine as decent backup.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2017, 03:22 PM
His form at Hibs has not gone unnoticed, so no chance. He can still make real money for a few years, and no-one in their right mind would pass that up towards the end of their career

He's only 28!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2017, 03:30 PM
He was asked on Hibs TV and smiled and looked about to say 'you never know, but composed himself then said it's too early to think about next season.
From watching the interview i wouldn't be surprised if we got him. Probably depends on other offers. One paper suggested Davie Moyes was looking at him but who knows??

What will Moyes need him for,doing his garden?

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 05:20 PM
What will Moyes need him for,doing his garden?

Vicious but funny :)

Gmack7
16-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately there's NO chance

pacorosssco
16-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Ambrose is a fantastic player but we already have two excellent centre backs in Hanlon and McGregor, with Fontaine as decent backup.

Yes and hell want more wages than all three combined. Think Fontaines time at Hibs is up though after this season

northstandhibby
16-04-2017, 11:38 PM

Very reluctantly agree with this cause I'd love Big Efe to remain with us next season however can't see it happening due to affordability. We live in hope though so maybe just maybe.

glory glory

Enough said
17-04-2017, 03:31 AM
No out of our budget.

Who says he is????

bigwheel
17-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Who says he is????

That's quite easy to assume, I think...Ambrose will be securing an 8-10k per week move somewhere....while our best offer is likely to be around 2k per week.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enough said
17-04-2017, 08:52 AM
That's quite easy to assume, I think...Ambrose will be securing an 8-10k per week move somewhere....while our best offer is likely to be around 2k per week.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity . How do you know we can only pay 2 grand a week?

bigwheel
17-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Just out of curiosity . How do you know we can only pay 2 grand a week?

I don't know for sure - but just doing the maths - we will have a playing budget that is max 3M - for everyone - young players, first team etc - we couldn't afford to spend much more than that - 100k a year on any one player - or it will leave us short for the rest ...

We could perhaps push to 3k for someone really special, 150k a year but any more would be limiting

Lago
17-04-2017, 10:48 AM
From bomb scare to hero all in the space of a few months.

Jack Hackett
17-04-2017, 11:52 AM
He's only 28!

For some reason, and without checking, I thought he was 32. Forgive me... I'm old :greengrin

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5012999]I don't know for sure - but just doing the maths - we will have a playing budget that is max 3M - for everyone - young players, first team etc - we couldn't afford to spend much more than that - 100k a year on any one player - or it will leave us short for the rest ...

We could perhaps push to 3k for someone really special, 150k a year but any more would be limiting[/QUOTE

Was thinking we could offer him £5k a week but based on a £3 million budget it would represent a big chunk.

ekhibee
17-04-2017, 12:47 PM
As far as keeping players like Ambrose is concerned, for me a lot depends what happens in the summer as far as Cummings and McGinn is concerned. Even then, Lennon will want to strengthen different areas of the team and that won't necessarily be cheap, and Ambrose (as has already been mentioned) would still have to take a massive pay cut. Can't see it happening, but would love to be proved wrong.