PDA

View Full Version : John Hartson: Board must match Lennon's ambitions for Hibs, and move the club forward

BegbieHSC
15-04-2017, 09:48 AM
I've copied some interesting commentary from John Hartson below about how Dempster and Petrie must back Lennon in this coming transfer window. Your thoughts?

Interesting side note: had no idea Hartson was an Edinburgh man now.

NEIL LENNON is on the verge of giving Hibs what they want.
When he does, it’s up to the Easter Road club to reciprocate and do right by him.

Lenny is due a new contract for a start. His staff and players also need to be properly rewarded when they win promotion back to the Premier League.
NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS
Then there has to be nailed-on guarantees from the board they are going to back him financially to improve his squad.
Without all of that, Hibs (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14943/hibernian/) run the risk of seeing their manager walk right out the door.
I reckon there could be a bit of cat and mouse this summer between Lennon and Hibs as they negotiate the finances — but the wee man’s no mug.
He’s been in football management long enough now to know exactly how it all works.
If Hibs win the Championship, Lennon won’t look to take any huge credit for it personally.

But he’ll want to be convinced that Hibernian is as ambitious and forward-thinking as he is.
The contract he’s on will need to be renegotiated first of all. Lenny knows his value, and the money he earns next season should be increased significantly from what he’s on now.
But his main priority will be getting promises he will have the money needed to bring in three or four quality players.
Hopefully, the Hibs board are prepared for that. It would be disappointing if they weren’t on the same page as their manager.
Quite simply, Lennon won’t be satisfied with going up next season and surviving.
He won’t accept any possibility of being embarrassed when he takes his team to places like Celtic Park, Ibrox and Tynecastle.
He will want to kick on immediately and really compete with Celtic (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14914/celtic/), Rangers (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14923/rangers/), Aberdeen (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14898/aberdeen/) and Hearts (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14918/hearts/).

I live in Edinburgh now, and I can virtually smell the rivalry in the air when I walk around the city.
NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LT
After many years in Glasgow, I find it refreshing. Hibs and Hearts fans are desperate to beat each other and that’s healthy for both clubs.
It will be great when they are both back in the same league.
But Lenny won’t be prepared to let Hearts dominate even though they have been in the top flight longer.
He’s got good contacts in England and he’ll want to use them.
He will have players in mind he believes can make his squad better. Winning one game next season, then drawing one and losing two won’t be anywhere near good enough.
That might have been good enough form for Hibs in years gone by, but Lennon has higher standards than that. This is a guy who has managed Celtic, and that prepares him for any level in football.
He picked the wrong club when he went to Bolton, and his experience there was one he won’t want to repeat because his hands were tied financially.
Bolton was an impossible job and he will have learned from that.
But it’s up to Hibs now to back him 100 per cent.
If they are prepared to do that then there is no limit where Lennon can take them.
Obviously, competing with the likes of Celtic for the title would be tough.
NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LT
But this season Hibs are in the Scottish Cup semi- finals as a Championship team, so that’s got to be encouraging for everyone at Easter Road.
There was a feelgood factor when he took over given Alan Stubbs had just won them the Cup.
But that momentum had to be carried on, which wasn’t easy.
Crowds are up, though, with supporters flocking back to Easter Road game after game.
Hibs have got their heart and soul back, and it’s all down to one man.
I just hope the board realise that, and have put together a plan to keep the club and the team moving forward.
Because Lenny won’t stand still if Hibs do.

PatHead
15-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Funny how two of Lennon's mates are saying virtually the same thing about higher budgets.

BegbieHSC
15-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Funny how two of Lennon's mates are saying virtually the same thing about higher budgets.

My thoughts too - wonder if it's indicative of ongoing negotiations between Lennon and the board about what the budget should be next season.

Heisenberg
Horrendous article from Hartson. Lennon in no way deserves more money than he's currently on.

Billy Whizz

It is, but don't you agree with them, obviously has to be what we can afford though

JohnMcM
Fair enough comment in my view.

Eyrie
15-04-2017, 10:00 AM

Beat me to it.

Liked how Hartson sneaked in that his mate deserves a pay rise. Let's see how we do under Lennon in the top flight before speaking to him about a new deal.

Callum_62
15-04-2017, 10:01 AM

My thoughts exactly

Still - i think they are both right. The fans have absultely dibe whatbwas asked, and (this years) transfer activity was averagevat best

We have alot of players out of contract too, so investment will be needed

Personally I hope that happens and Lennon stays on

I like gis honest approach. "Not good enough" was his assessment this year -

StevieCowan
15-04-2017, 10:02 AM
The Board will give any Hibs manager the absolute maximum that they can, it's not about Neil Lennon it's about what's available.

It's actually up to us, the fans, to decide if we back the club rather than the Board.

Albeit, a nice couple of early signings will definitely boost ST sales...

CentreLine
15-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Beat me to it.

Liked how Hartson sneaked in that his mate deserves a pay rise. Let's see how we do under Lennon in the top flight before speaking to him about a new deal.

Missed the other one but it looks like that cat and mouse thing has already started. I hope club do back him because he can certainly get the best out of quality players and that can only be a good thing down ER way and for Scottish football in general.

banchoryhibs
15-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Intetesting read but the fact that we (Hibs) have our heart and soul back is not down to NL, all credit for that surely lies with Leeann

CentreLine
15-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Intetesting read but the fact that we (Hibs) have our heart and soul back is not down to NL, all credit for that surely lies with Leeann

:agree: No question. Her contract needs to come first in the list of priorities

Smartie
Looks like we're all thinking the same thing here.

Lennon is using his mates in the media to turn the heat up on the Hibs board to back him the way he wants to be backed.

I'm not sure I can see this turning out particularly well.

NAE NOOKIE
Just a couple of things:

I would imagine Lennon is probably already the highest paid manager in Hibs history, I wonder what Hartson's idea of a substantial wage increase looks like?

Yes we should obviously be looking to attract better players, or at least ones with the potential to be as good as any we lose, but Hibs will have a limit and ambitious or not any Hibs manager will have to also appreciate that we are not going to be able to compete with either of the ugly sisters or clubs from half way up league one in England and upwards.

To credit Lennon with being the guy who has 'put the heart and soul back into Hibs' is to do a huge disservice to the work of Alan Stubbs and Leeann Dempster ..... failure to get promotion or not, these two had without doubt reignited feeling and enthusiasm for Hibs amongst the supporters long before NL was appointed, Neil has without a doubt tried to build on that, but he is far from solely responsible for it.

lord bunberry
I have to disagree with his comment about us having our heart and soul back being down to Lennon.
I hope we do give him a decent budget as I don't really think we've backed him that strongly in the transfer market so far.

superfurryhibby
15-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Surely Lennon was under no illusions about finances available to him at Hibs? The board and fans have backed the team admirably. Our wages etc will be higher than anyone else outside Sevco, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen.

I wonder if Hartson feels Lennon has got the best out of what he has available to him now!

HibsNutter
15-04-2017, 10:07 AM
No, John. He has contributed but it is mostly down to the work of Dempster, Craig etc. Stubbs also played a part and Lennon will carry us forward in due time.

Radium
15-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Is it just me or does supporting the manager 100% simply mean giving him the funds and support structures that the club can afford.

Not sure that Lennon would receive less than 100% support from current board so article seems to be a filler whilst Hartson gets ready to pen something on the Sunday semi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
15-04-2017, 10:13 AM
It's been my concern since January. If he's not backed financially then he'll be off. I hope the board can reach an agreement with him because I'd love him to have a couple of seasons in the Premiership.

FilipinoHibs
15-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Lennon brought a lot of ordinary players in particularly upfront. They are no scoring and not creating space for the midfield. Thank god fir Jason and the cameo performances from Commons. His Celtic mates helped him and us out big time. Bi Ambrose of course.

greenlex
15-04-2017, 10:20 AM
But this season Hibs are in the Scottish Cup semi- finals as a Championship team, so that’s got to be encouraging for everyone at Easter Road.

Did Rip Van Winkle write this?

hibs0666
15-04-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm not his mate and I'm saying exactly the same. The punters are ponying up. Expectation are duly raised.

Big_Franck
15-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Hartson clearly doesn't have a clue about Hibs and should stick to commenting on Celtic rather than trying to get his mate and his assistants an undeserved pay rise.

"The contract he’s on will need to be renegotiated first of all. Lenny knows his value, and the money he earns next season should be increased significantly from what he’s on now."
I disagree. Lennon has shown very little this season to suggest he deserves a pay rise, let alone a significant one. If he doesn't like what he's on he can leave and we will bring in another manager.

"Quite simply, Lennon won’t be satisfied with going up next season and surviving. He won’t accept any possibility of being embarrassed when he takes his team to places like Celtic Park, Ibrox and Tynecastle."
Neither will Hibs fans, John. We've never accepted such a scenario and that won't change next season. As for the chances of us being embarrassed at Tynecastle next season :rotflmao:

"Winning one game next season, then drawing one and losing two won’t be anywhere near good enough. That might have been good enough form for Hibs in years gone by, but Lennon has higher standards than that. "
Hartson again showing he knows nothing about Hibs here. Winning one, drawing one and losing two out of 4 games has never been good enough at Hibs. It'd result in 38 points over a season - relegation form.

"Hibs have got their heart and soul back, and it’s all down to one man."
Very true, but that man certainly isn't Neil Lennon.

StevieCowan
15-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Surely Lennon was under no illusions about finances available to him at Hibs? The board and fans have backed the team admirably. Our wages etc will be higher than anyone else outside Sevco, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen.

I wonder if Hartson feels Lennon has got the best out of what he has available to him now!

Our playing budget will be comparable to Hearts and Aberdeen.

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 10:28 AM
No, John. He has contributed but it is mostly down to the work of Dempster, Craig etc. Stubbs also played a part and Lennon will carry us forward in due time.

That stuck in my craw.
Petrie got the stadium and training centre built.
Dempster got Stubbs in, the fans back onside, brought in Lennon.
Stubbs won the Scottish Cup.
= Heart and Soul back.
Lennon got us promoted unconvincingly in a Championship minus Rangers and Hearts.
The jury is still out on Lennon.
Accordingly his contract does not need to be improved at this time and we don't want to buy players we can't afford. Wind your neck in Hartson.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-04-2017, 10:30 AM
I suppose that it is a decent enough piece and Harston is well enough regarded and has enough going on professionaly to evidence this as his opinion and not hot air from an ex old firm parasite with a gas bill due. I would like to see an article about Lennon as a manager of Hibs with no mention about what he did at Celtc. And even if SAF was our Manager if he wanted to leave then I would not stand in his way. So fine to say that the club has to commit to Lennon but Lennon has to commit to the club. If we are lucky to have them then IMO I don't see why he is not lucky to have us.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2017, 10:32 AM
I agree with Hartson and Sutton. I don't think this seasons spending reflected the money the fans were putting into the club.
Although we were in the championship there was a 60% increase in season ticket sales and money being generated of the back of the cup run. The business we did last summer was dreadful. I don't think the club backed the manager as much as it could have.
Next season looks like there will again be record amounts of season ticket sales and it's time the club showed an appropriate level of ambition.
And I'm not asking that we spend money we don't have.

greenlex
15-04-2017, 10:35 AM
I agree with Hartson and Sutton. I don't think this seasons spending reflected the money the fans were putting into the club.
Although we were in the championship there was a 60% increase in season ticket sales and money being generated of the back of the cup run. The business we did last summer was dreadful. I don't think the club backed the manager as much as it could have.
Next season looks like there will again be record amounts of season ticket sales and it's time the club showed an appropriate level of ambition.

We spent enough in the Summer and January to get the job done. Any more would have been a waste. A gamble fir sure but it's paid off. Hopefully a bit more than there might have been to consolidate next season.

worcesterhibby
15-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Just a couple of things:

To credit Lennon with being the guy who has 'put the heart and soul back into Hibs' is to do a huge disservice to the work of Alan Stubbs and Leeann Dempster ..... failure to get promotion or not, these two had without doubt reignited feeling and enthusiasm for Hibs amongst the supporters long before NL was appointed, Neil has without a doubt tried to build on that, but he is far from solely responsible for it.

Couldn't agree more, I want us to keep Lennon, but it's actually Leeann who has put the soul back into the club and it was Stubbs that put the heart back by winning the cup.

Jack Hackett
15-04-2017, 10:43 AM
I suppose that it is a decent enough piece and Harston is well enough regarded and has enough going on professionaly to evidence this as his opinion and not hot air from an ex old firm parasite with a gas bill due. I would like to see an article about Lennon as a manager of Hibs with no mention about what he did at Celtc. And even if SAF was our Manager if he wanted to leave then I would not stand in his way. So fine to say that the club has to commit to Lennon but Lennon has to commit to the club. If we are lucky to have them then IMO I don't see why he is not lucky to have us.

:agree:

Right club, right time, to get his own career back on track... not that I'm complaining :greengrin

portyhibernian
15-04-2017, 10:45 AM
I actually don't mind Hartson, but I really don't agree with much of this article. Giving Lennon a payrise in my opinion would be justified only if we retain the Scottish Cup, as we would have some unbudgeted for extra cash - being promoted this season would simply be fulfilling the absolute minimum expectation.

As for the heart and soul chat - I personally credit Leeann Dempster, Alan Stubbs and John Doolan for that. The decline was a long and steady one - culminating when Butcher left our club on it's arse, at our lowest point in probably the last 30 years. Dempster, Stubbs, Doolan are people that had little to no affiliation to Hibs prior to coming here, but bought into the history, the fans ideas of what we are and what we should be. They ultimately didn't get us promoted, but they dragged us back up to our feet, gave us our pride back, reignited the passion of the support we lost over those dull years after John Collins left us hanging. We're looking at a crowd today in excess of 17,000 people against Queen of The South, and looking like record ST sales again next season. Without the lasting impression of Stubbs and Doolan and that cup win that I don't think we'd be getting close to that, promotion or not.

SON OF PADDY
15-04-2017, 10:46 AM
The Board will give any Hibs manager the absolute maximum that they can, it's not about Neil Lennon it's about what's available.

It's actually up to us, the fans, to decide if we back the club rather than the Board.

Albeit, a nice couple of early signings will definitely boost ST sales...

You've hit the nail on the head sir !
There's no way the board going down that road again.
Lenny has almost got us there at long last, I wasn't sure if he was the right man for the post to be honest but he's proved to be a good manager and I'll happily admit to it.

But he isn't the Messiah that some of his former team mates like to make out, he's just a naughty boy !!! 😉

calumhibee1
15-04-2017, 10:46 AM

This. Absolutely pish article. The heart and soul was put back into Hibs by Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs culminating in winning the holy grail. Yes, Lennon has carried on the feel good factor and managed to keep crowds up etc so fair play to him. But the heart and soul was brought back by Dempster and Stubbs, not Lennon. You just need to look at the scenes on the 21st/22nd May to see that.

I hope we do back him in the transfer window and sign some really good players and really kick on for a top 4 place next season. However, if him being the highest earning Hibs manager ever is true, then he doesn't deserve a contract on an improved wage on the back of this season. Yes, he's got us promoted, yes we've won the league, but we've not been good enough for large parts of the season. We should be seeing how we do in the first half of next season before we consider improving his contract.

--------
15-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Beware the Soapdodgers when they start taking notice and saying nice things about you. They're almost certainly up to something nasty.

"Talking up dodgy merchandise" is what it feels like to me.

And as many have already said - Lennon did NOT single-handedly resurrect Hibs.

He didn't even do it with anyone's help. That job was done by Leeann and Stubbs in the two season leading up to last year's Cup Final.

Stumbling through a season of draws and 1-0 wins to maybe fall over the finishing line this afternoon (about a month late) doesn't equate with any resurrection I've heard of.

pacoluna
15-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Push out the boat and show we mean business by signing effe:D

rotherhamrob
15-04-2017, 11:11 AM
"Hibs have their heart and soul back and it's all down to one man",what a load of pi**.
Leanne,stubbs,his backroom staff and winning the cup gave us that.
Does he think the current crowds we're getting would be the same if we hadn't won the sc.
Neil lennon needs to realise, that while it certainly looks like we are getting promoted and he has done the 1 thing he was brought in to do that we have been as good for him as he has for us.
I also don't like the sound of cat and mouse between management and board,yes I'd expect funds to be made available, but we will have a set budget and one that I'm sure will be more than the likes of partick stj etc ,maybe next year is when we find out how good a manager he really is.

Eyrie
15-04-2017, 11:33 AM

It's not this season's spending that doesn't reflect the money we've put into our club but the results on the park.

I expect a better standard of play from signings that justify the outlay.

Elephant Stone
15-04-2017, 11:42 AM

What?? :hilarious

He's done a fine job, no less, no more. If he wants to stay and have a go at the premiership then he needs to make better signings and he needs to get better results. If he can't do that within our budget then there are people who can.

Borderhibbie76
15-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Horrendous article from Hartson. Lennon in no way deserves more money than he's currently on.
My thoughts exactly...so far he has done the bare minimum required...awful article with no foundation whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

poolman
15-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Hartson's a blethering choob

How come all of a sudden he's an expert of all that's happening at ER

LD I'm sure will not go down the road of just throwing money at Lenny but she will, I'm sure give him all the backing available

She doesn't need that Welsh wally to tell her and the board how to run the club

hibee_nation
15-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Lennon will get as big a budget as we can possibly afford same as the next manager will get if Lennons no happy

Iggy Pope
15-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Beware the Soapdodgers when they start taking notice and saying nice things about you. They're almost certainly up to something nasty.

"Talking up dodgy merchandise" is what it feels like to me.

And as many have already said - Lennon did NOT single-handedly resurrect Hibs.

He didn't even do it with anyone's help. That job was done by Leeann and Stubbs in the two season leading up to last year's Cup Final.

Stumbling through a season of draws and 1-0 wins to maybe fall over the finishing line this afternoon (about a month late) doesn't equate with any resurrection I've heard of.

Timely observation, not gone unnoticed!

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Shock horror, Hartson talks pish on behalf of his mate. I'd just love a manager who uses the money we can afford to bring in better players.

Clubs like Hamilton and St Johnstone and Motherwell have outperformed us on a fraction of our budget, we really need to start punching our weight regularly.

A decent manager should be able to achieve this, without all that pish Hartson is on about.

Islington Hibs
15-04-2017, 12:03 PM
While Lennon has achieved his goal (almost certainly) it has been achieved with very little style. The team, in my view, are worse than 12 months ago and his transfer acquisitions, have been pretty average. I am also far from convinced about his motivational and management skills. However clearly he deserves his chance to see what he can do next season but to be honest I wouldn't be at all fussed if he walked. He signed a two year deal -simply do not see why he should get a pay rise for this seasons performance.

What is the case however is how we not only keep our best players- McGinn and Cummings for example- and use what should be a decent sized budget,for Scotland, well. Whoever is in charge lets by promising younger players and not those at he end of their career, who might be a quick fix but offer no future.

Swedish hibee
15-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Shock horror, Hartson talks pish on behalf of his mate. I'd just love a manager who uses the money we can afford to bring in better players.

Clubs like Hamilton and St Johnstone and Motherwell have outperformed us on a fraction of our budget, we really need to start punching our weight regularly.

A decent manager should be able to achieve this, without all that pish Hartson is on about.

Well said.

Jack
15-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Beat me to it.

I'm quite sure Hibs and Lennon will already have had it in his contract how much he will be on in the higher league. Neither are stupid enough to not to have it written in from the start.

As for the player budget. We're now in the Leeann Dempster era. I fully expect the player budget to be maxed out.

Smartie
15-04-2017, 12:16 PM

The flip side of that though, I suppose, is that there were times over the previous 2 years where I wondered where the money was coming from.

We were getting about 8000 each week in the Scottish Championship last season, yet went out and signed Anthony Stokes in the January window.

I wonder if the board balanced things up a wee bit this year?

We overspent a bit for a couple of years, this year we rein it in a bit.

It would be great if we got to the cup final, sold a bucketload of season tickets for next year and REALLY gave Lennon the funds he wants without having to go down the Rangers/ HMFC route.

Lago
15-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Who do you expect to be the next manager when seaso 2017/18 kicks off?

Ryan69
15-04-2017, 12:22 PM

After promotion...Yes he does!

He met his target,brought more people through the gate...and now we shall have a higher cash turnover.

wookie70
15-04-2017, 12:26 PM
That is a give a job to my mate article. getting a wee bit fed up with the condescending ex-Celtic players sticking their neb in to our club's business.

It is down to one man and one woman in my opinion and that is Stubbs and Leeann.

Lennon at best hasn't done much wrong but hasn't exactly set the heather on fire either. I agree we need to invest but the thing that worries me most about Lennon is spending a fortune and ending up with a bunch of players that not at the level we expected. He deserves to be backed but keep it sensible and stick with the policy that Stubbs generally had in spending the money on young talented players, taking risks on players like Allen and Fyvie and supplementing that with a bit of experience like McGregor and Fontaine.

Hibee Mac
15-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Who is this guy?

He makes Lennon out to be the sole reason for our recent success, and saying we HAVE to give him a significant pay rise? Get lost who are you to say that? The guy comes across as someone who has just starting paying attention to the situation at hibs after we won the cup.

This annoys me and I hope Lennon wasn't behind this cringeworthy nonsense.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2017, 12:32 PM
The flip side of that though, I suppose, is that there were times over the previous 2 years where I wondered where the money was coming from.

We were getting about 8000 each week in the Scottish Championship last season, yet went out and signed Anthony Stokes in the January window.

I wonder if the board balanced things up a wee bit this year?

We overspent a bit for a couple of years, this year we rein it in a bit.

It would be great if we got to the cup final, sold a bucketload of season tickets for next year and REALLY gave Lennon the funds he wants without having to go down the Rangers/ HMFC route.

The accounts are out for last season. We made a small profit even after signing stokes etc.

Jim44
15-04-2017, 12:53 PM
There's a small matter of getting promotion before the bunfight for pay rises starts. Ridiculous timing from Sutton and Hartson.

Spudster
15-04-2017, 01:04 PM
I like Lennon but that's utter nonsense. Could argue it's not even a man who's played the most vital role.

Vault Boy
15-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Hibernian > Neil Lennon

We did well to bring him on board but he's very lucky to be part of our club. This will only work if we move into next season united, not with coaches and the boardroom battling it out.

Is It On....
15-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Neil Lennon should be providing a list of what type of players he wants and then the scouting team, if they have done their job correctly, will already have done the work and have already identified a number of potential names. I do not want a return to the old school where managers can "spot a player" as my history of supporting Hibs suggests that type of approach hasn't really worked very well. In addition, if he does decide to leave I would expect LD to have a list of potential replacements ready to interview. I am basically describing the Southampton model which is in itself a variation on Moneyball.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Who do you expect to be the next manager when seaso 2017/18 kicks off?

Neil Lennon will probably still be the manager.

Frogga
15-04-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm happy for Lennon to stay but he's achieved minimum expectations and can't justify a pay rise (other than the one that's probably in his contract, should we go up). His job has been made relatively easy by a lack of consistent opposition.

neil7908
15-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Silly article from a guy that knows nothing about our club.

Hope this is not NL's way of putting pressure on the board for more money for transfers and a pay rise.

He's done fine this season, objective (nearly) achieved but unless he wins us the Scottish cup again he's done exactly what was expected and no more.

If Lennon isn't behind this stuff I'd hope he'd have a word with this mates in the media to tone it down.

jacomo
15-04-2017, 03:10 PM

You don't know what our budget was this season though. We did renew a number of contracts for our most important players as well as bringing in some new players throughout the season. Lenny will already be earning good money.

I would expect us to be in a healthy position for next season though and would expect some additional investment this summer assuming we go up. But I don't need Hartson to tell me that.