PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sutton - Big team, wee team blah blah blah

18Hibee75
15-04-2017, 07:40 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-hearts-travelling-opposite-directions-10229057

Chris Sutton was an outstanding player but whenever I've heard speak as a pundit on BT or MOTD he annoys the **** out of me. However, he's certainly speaking the truth in this article... And judging by some comments on the hearts Facebook page, they really can't take it.

The tables have turned.

GGTTH

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
15-04-2017, 07:45 AM
If it's printed in the likes of the Record, Scottish Sun, Express or Mail he can say whatever he likes about them and I won't give a flying ****.

Stopped reading the Record when I was a teenager and it was **** then. Nearly 35 years later, it's still ****.

Waxy
15-04-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm no clicking that.

southsider
15-04-2017, 07:59 AM
On the day after the Cup Final I was up at 7am to get all the newspapers. I was almost heartbroken to read all the crap written. I was looking forward to reading about our historic win but instead all the lies poured out of Ipox about their players in near death incidents. Cowards ! OMG I hate that 'club'.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2017, 08:02 AM
I actually think we should take down links to those rags. If you want people to read their dreary, provocative clickbait trash so much, copy and paste the contents.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2017, 08:10 AM
I actually think we should take down links to those rags. If you want people to read their dreary, provocative clickbait trash so much, copy and paste the contents.

I think people should be able to read and post what they like. Everyone has the choice to click or not. It is getting a bit boring for me when poster after poster comes on saying i would not wipe my @rse with that rag etc. Okay after years and years of the same post I get that but let others choose no need to remove links.

P. S. I dont buy those papers but dont care if others do it is their choice get over it.

Hibeewilly
15-04-2017, 08:12 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-hearts-travelling-opposite-directions-10229057

Chris Sutton was an outstanding player but whenever I've heard speak as a pundit on BT or MOTD he annoys the **** out of me. However, he's certainly speaking the truth in this article... And judging by some comments on the hearts Facebook page, they really can't take it.

The tables have turned.

GGTTH

Very good article by Sutton - he's got it bang on

easty
15-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I think people should be able to read and post what they like. Everyone has the choice to click or not. It is getting a bit boring for me when poster after poster comes on saying i would not wipe my @rse with that rag etc. Okay after years and years of the same post I get that but let others choose no need to remove links.

P. S. I dont buy those papers but dont care if others do it is their choice get over it.

It's getting ridiculous. We get it, some people don't like the tabloids, it doesn't mean every story they have is a lot of ***** that nobody should dare read, or want to read it.

tomhorn
15-04-2017, 08:16 AM
For those who don't want to click the link:

IN ASSOCIATION WITH
LADBROKES

SPORTOPINION
Hibs and Hearts are travelling in opposite directions and Neil Lennon's men are closing the gap on Jambos - Sutton

Chris Sutton feels there could be a power shift in the capital but still believes Ian Cathro needs time to implement his ideas at Tynecastle.

Chris Sutton
BYCHRIS SUTTON
06:00, 15 APR 2017

Hibs got the better of Hearts in the Scottish Cup (Photo: SNS Group)
Get Daily updates directly to your inbox

Enter your email
+ Subscribe
It has taken five torturous years for Hibs fans.

But this could be the day when the balance of power in Edinburgh starts snaking down from Tynecastle, along Princes Street and all the way to Easter Road.

Hibs could be back in the big time by this evening.

Over at Hearts, meanwhile, they look as though they are going in one direction and it’s not the correct one.

It’s been an eye-opening season for both clubs and, where there was a gap as wide as the city not so long ago, it’s being closed at a rapid rate.

Cathro has come under intense scrutiny at Tynecastle (Photo: SNS Group)
READ MORE
Hearts fans will see what Ian Cathro is capable of next season, says Jambos frontman Esmael Goncalves
And you have to say much of it could be down to the respective managerial appointments.

Hibs have been the poor relations for a while now.

Hearts were already the club doing better on the pitch, if not off it with shambolic leadership, before the 2012 Scottish Cup Final.

ADVERTISEMENT

But that 5-1 hammering dished out by the Jambos at Hampden almost five years ago followed up by Hibs’ awful relegation from the top flight under Terry Butcher two years later put the green and white half of the city under the cosh.

It’s been that way ever since. Even though Hibs enjoyed one of the greatest days in their history when lifting the Scottish Cup 11 months ago to end their jinx in the competition, they were still stuck in the Championship after failing to win promotion under Alan Stubbs.

Hibernian manager Neil Lennon
Neil Lennon is on the verge of winning Hibs the Championship title (Photo: SNS Group)
READ MORE
Neil Lennon hopes Hibs will end three years of hurt for fans with Easter Road title win
But when you look at what’s been going on at Tynecastle since the appointment of Ian Cathro, you can only say there has been regression.

Now let’s get one thing absolutely clear before I continue.

I thought the targeting of Cathro by critics when he was appointed was bang out of order and I still believe he deserves time to implement his ideas.

What would help him is to stop dishing out Warb-isms every time he steps into a press conference. Pulling bizarre statements out of someone’s old Magic Hat doesn’t help in these trying times.

Jambos owner Ann Budge has come out this week and fired cannons at everyone for criticising the management set-up of Cathro and Craig Levein.

Hearts owner Ann Budge and Director of Football Craig Levein
Hearts owner Ann Budge and Director of Football Craig Levein (Photo: SNS Group)
READ MORE
Hearts and Hibs target Ross County star Liam Boyce
She says Cathro picks the team and that director of football Levein has a wide-ranging role.

I actually thought she made a lot of sensible and valid points.

But I’m sorry, the whole affair of Levein having Jon Daly doing doggies up and down the stand at Aberdeen passing notes to Cathro and then going into the dressing room at half-time just doesn’t sit right with me.

Maybe that’s the way they do things. If so, no problem. That’s their business.

But what is every fan’s business is results and six wins in 20 games prior to last night’s encounter at Rugby Park isn’t good enough.

Budge will offer time, as she should do.

Cathro has a record of just six wins in 20 (Photo: SNS Group)
READ MORE
Rangers and Aberdeen clash snubbed by Sky Sports in favour of Celtic's attempts to become Scottish football's Invincibles
But if Hearts continue to win about one in every three, it won’t wash with a support who already have suspicions Cathro’s a bad plan put in place by Levein and will demand improvement.

What will also speed up their process of angst will be seeing Hibs go in the other direction.

Neil Lennon might have his detractors and he might lose the plot now and again but he’s done exactly what was required of him when he took over from Stubbs last summer.

Failing to go up from the Championship at the third time of asking was simply not an option but he’s sorted that.

Promotion should be clinched today and Hibs are also producing a marvellous defence of their Scottish Cup by reaching a semi-final against Aberdeen next week.

Hibs fans have suffered extreme ups and downs in recent years
READ MORE
Hibs boss Neil Lennon has disciplinary hearing postponed allowing him to be in dugout for Scottish Cup semi-final
Hibs look good right now. Looking at their squad, they could well be a top-six team next season.

Lennon’s big question to himself will be: How far can I go with this club?

He did well at Celtic before falling foul of a bad situation at Bolton.

He’s restoring his reputation at Easter Road but the fans can sense they are resurgent, they can see Hearts starting to falter and they can sense top-dog status is close.

Lennon will also smell it and Hibs can do it but the board are going to have to back their boss properly in the summer.

Hibs manager Neil Lennon poses with the Scottish Cup
Chris Sutton believes the Hibs board have to back Neil Lennon with transfer funds
READ MORE
Neil Lennon says Hibs players 'know what they need to do' to secure Scottish Championship title
It’s been tough financially being out of the top division for so long, I know that.

However, they need to satisfy the demands of a manager who wants the very best and won’t settle for kicking around the bottom six of the Premiership.

If they do give him cash and Lennon keeps going progressing Hibs while Hearts continue to wrestle with issues, the crossover in power might be edging closer.

And it could be a whole lot closer by 4.50pm tonight.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2017, 08:19 AM

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious That's very easy for you to say. But you don't have to put up with the sleepless nights, the failed relationships from my obsession with this and the drug addiction to the tranquilizers I need to be on when I visit my local grocers to stop me worrying about people buying newspapers.

Yet you seem to managed to get past this. Any tips on how it's done?

Sammy7nil
15-04-2017, 08:21 AM
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious That's very easy for you to say. But you don't have to put up with the sleepless nights, the failed relationships from my obsession with this and the drug addiction to the tranquilizers I need to be on when I visit my local grocers to stop me worrying about people buying newspapers.

Yet you seem to managed to get past this. Any tips on how it's done?

Yeah trim your nose hair ever day makes you feel better about yourself :aok:

Jack
15-04-2017, 08:21 AM
That photo of Budge and Potter is ripe for a caption competition.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2017, 08:23 AM

I always think Budge looks a wee bit strange a bit like an old oversized Hamster. Just my opinion.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Yeah trim your nose hair ever day makes you feel better about yourself :aok:

I'll get on it. My hooter isn't small so this could take some time with the lawnmower but if I start now I should make kick off time. :aok:

Sammy7nil
15-04-2017, 08:28 AM
I'll get on it. My hooter isn't small so this could take some time with the lawnmower but if I start now I should make kick off time. :aok:

Good stuff I find a strimmer works really well.

PatHead
15-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Its hellish when you have more hair coming out your nose than you have on the top of your head.

Cat Stanton
15-04-2017, 08:48 AM
I find Sutton boring. And half of this story will just be about him being big Celtic pals with Lennon.

banarc7062
15-04-2017, 08:51 AM
If it's printed in the likes of the Record, Scottish Sun, Express or Mail he can say whatever he likes about them and I won't give a flying ****.

Stopped reading the Record when I was a teenager and it was **** then. Nearly 35 years later, it's still ****.

Sometimes they even get the date right. Weegie rag.

superfurryhibby
15-04-2017, 09:20 AM
The chances of there being anything worthwhile reading in any of the gutter rags is low-zero anyway. Having just perused what Sutton said, so what. Banal, boring and barely worthy of comment.

These papers did Hibs a huge diservice with their cup final coverage. They love to pander to the Goasgow clubs and their vile supporters and are another pillar of the Scottish footballing othodoxy, helping perpetuate the status quo.

I for one am very happy to continue to vent about their trashy, dirty excuse for journalism anytime I have the opportunity. Get's it off the chest and can be therapeutic.

Hiwever, if anyone on here is dumb enough to want to continue to support them, go ahead and fill yer boots. It's opium for the people.

--------
15-04-2017, 10:33 AM

The only reason Sutton has a column is that he played for Celtic a long time ago.

There's no reason at all to believe that he has any more insight or understanding or knowledge of what's going on at the two Edinburgh clubs than the better-informed posters on this forum.

There's nothing in that article that we don't already know - could have got the whole thing off a couple of threads on the main board here - and the conclusions he draws from the 'facts' he 'reports' are nothing but badly-informed speculation.

I prefer to get my badly-informed speculation from my fellow-posters on Hibs.net. It has a far better chance of being accurate ... :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
15-04-2017, 10:36 AM
He's not saying anything everyone already knows.

--------
15-04-2017, 10:36 AM

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article10191246.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/13463078.jpg

"Is that a sweet potato in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

Baader
15-04-2017, 10:39 AM
"Could be a power shift?"!! It's already happened!

Renfrew_Hibby
15-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Looks like they've been munching all sorts of tatties.

gaz1875
15-04-2017, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Doddie;5009867]http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article10191246.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/13463078.jpg

"it's okay Craig, I have the notepad hidden underneath my handbag"

Jack Hackett
15-04-2017, 10:49 AM
http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article10191246.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/13463078.jpg

Now we know where the Spitting Image Maggie Thatcher puppet ended up... looks like she had to stretch it a bit to get it on though :greengrin

HFCdeb
15-04-2017, 10:52 AM

Your beard is boggin mate.

northstandhibby
15-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Sutton fails to refer to the 2012 final as being what it was - cheated to. The Yams were financed way way beyond their means by who we now know was a fraudulent financial criminal who's now a fugitive in Russia. They can shove their cheated to Cup up their behinds.

:giruy2:

glory glory

SON OF PADDY
15-04-2017, 11:07 AM

You ain't touching me with that !!!! 😂

weecounty hibby
15-04-2017, 11:17 AM

And so is yours Craig!!

Eyrie
15-04-2017, 11:39 AM

"Craig, that thingy is shaped just like a turnip, only smaller."

chinaman
15-04-2017, 11:45 AM
I always think Budge looks a wee bit strange a bit like an old oversized Hamster. Just my opinion.
She's the spit of a bullmastiff...Google it

SON OF PADDY
15-04-2017, 12:05 PM
And so is yours Craig!!

That made me laugh !! 😁

sleeping giant
15-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Hold on Craig , the jockey behind me is nearly finished.

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 12:49 PM

Still actually find it hard to believe people STILL buy newspapers. ....there is no need in this day and age. ESPECIALLY red top rags.

BullsCloseHibs
15-04-2017, 12:51 PM

Budge to Potter

"You on the Robbo diet I see. You fat TWAT"

18Hibee75
15-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Levein: Take my d***
Budge: Not impressed, potter.
Levein: Ahh, but there's positives to take from this, Budge.
Budge: That's Cathros script no yours, ya fat useless twat. Mon the Hibs.

Baker9
15-04-2017, 01:41 PM
I'm no clicking that.

I wish I hadn't- what a mess of a site.

Deansy
15-04-2017, 01:56 PM

The tables have turned.

GGTTH

No denying we ARE better run since LD took over and NL IS doing the necessary but Sutton omits to mention one of the other major reasons for this 'Power shift' - Hearts no longer have access to 'Other people's money' !. Was always going to happen - took 30+ years but as long as they are forced to 'Play within their means' we'll continue to have the advantage over them for the forseeable future - ideally for 30+ years to even things up !

Bostonhibby
15-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Camilla chastised the butler for coming all the way from below stairs but forgetting to bring the Ferrero Roche

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
15-04-2017, 03:16 PM

If Levein can't grow a proper beard at his age he should probably accept it's not going to happen.

Peevemor
15-04-2017, 03:22 PM
If Levein can't grow a proper beard at his age he should probably accept it's not going to happen.
Can you tell what it is yet?

RyeSloan
15-04-2017, 04:14 PM
No denying we ARE better run since LD took over and NL IS doing the necessary but Sutton omits to mention one of the other major reasons for this 'Power shift' - Hearts no longer have access to 'Other people's money' !. Was always going to happen - took 30+ years but as long as they are forced to 'Play within their means' we'll continue to have the advantage over them for the forseeable future - ideally for 30+ years to even things up !

Aye it's superficial nonsense...

He forgets their financial doping, Hibs long and painful investment in the infrastructure, Hibs fan ownership and our substantial increase in attendance etc etc...most if not all before Lennon arrived.

Sure he's completed a job but make no mistake the momentum is with Hibs for many more reasons than just because of the managers at the moment.

As it is Hearts are already in our rear view mirror so he's fundamentally flawed in his thinking if he thinks we still have a gap to make up on them!