PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

GoalsMcGinley
14-04-2017, 05:35 PM
All out of contract players been offered new deals apparently....... not sure all will accept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
14-04-2017, 05:39 PM
All out of contract players been offered new deals apparently....... not sure all will accept.

Source?

GoalsMcGinley
14-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Source?

The grapevine. Was told today.

Frogga
14-04-2017, 05:44 PM
I think it's a good idea to keep this team together and add one or two. Not sure every out of contract player deserves a new contract but would rather stick than twist unnecessarily.

J-C
14-04-2017, 06:19 PM
It might come down to squad status rather than money on offer, will players like Fyvie or Fontaine be happy as back up/rotation.

Michael
14-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Who are the players OoC?

H18 SFR
14-04-2017, 06:27 PM
Who are the players OoC?

Is it not just about everyone apart from Hanlon, Cummings and McGinn?

Ozyhibby
14-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

And I don't believe this for a minute.

Hibeewilly
14-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

I have to agree it would be a backward step to offer all of these players new contracts. I would imagine 5 of them will be offered new contracts

J-C
14-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

Shinnie and Rocky are loan deals so not really ours to start with.

Out of the rest I'd offer deals to Stevenson, McGregor, Gray, Fyvie and Boyle only. We need better if we are to challenge top 4 next season.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

Shinnie and Marciano are only on loan so they're not out of contract.

Of the rest I would offer new deals to;

Fyvie
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley

Fontaine and Boyle are possibilities. Humphrey as well if he can get himself fit before the end of the season.

I would release Keatings and Harris.

Crammond Hibee
14-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Fyvie
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley

Fontaine and Boyle are possibilities. Humphrey as well if he can get himself fit before the end of the season.

I would keep Keatings

Billy Whizz
14-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

Think we may have gone through the formalities of offering them some sort of contract, maybe half what they are on just now, but something never the less. Maybe one of the reasons for our so called "dip in form"
Uncertainty in the squad about next season. I'm sure as soon as promotion is confirmed, the ones we want to keep will have immediate contact

neil7908
14-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Sorry OP but absolutely no way we are offering all of those players new deals.

In particular unless we can keep them for peanuts I'd be amazed to see Harris and Holt still with us next season.

GoalsMcGinley
14-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Sorry OP but absolutely no way we are offering all of those players new deals.

In particular unless we can keep them for peanuts I'd be amazed to see Harris and Holt still with us next season.

I didn't say they were improved deals. Just heard from a fairly decent source that was the case. I for one wouldn't want 6/7 of them in the top league with us as I don't think they're good enough for what we want to do.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Fyvie
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley

this, with fontaine added to that list

Big L
14-04-2017, 09:39 PM
I think Alex Harris will change people's minds before the end of the season and win a new contract. Martin Boyle is only 23 and I think he has had a good season, he's pacey, has a great 1st touch, can take a ball under pressure and he gets us. I think he will get better!

Sir David Gray
14-04-2017, 09:44 PM
I think Alex Harris will change people's minds before the end of the season and win a new contract. Martin Boyle is only 23 and I think he has had a good season, he's pacey, has a great 1st touch, can take a ball under pressure and he gets us. I think he will get better!

I doubt it about Harris to be honest. I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see it.

As for Boyle, he's a decent enough player but I just don't see him as good enough for where we should be looking to be, which is in the top four of the Premiership. He has decent pace but very little end product, whether that be in front of goal or with passing/crossing.

We need to be ruthless if we're going to move forward as a club. The same goes for Keatings.

oldbutdim
14-04-2017, 10:16 PM

I don't think so.

Mainstandman
14-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Boyle is the guy with real potential if coached properly and he wants to work. Thiery Henry was a right wing at first I believe.

Big L
14-04-2017, 10:20 PM
We don't get goals from midfield, the reason for that is the mids don't make runs in to the box. Any goals our mids score are from 20 yds plus.The last home game against Morton, time after time Boyle raced up the park and when he got to the box their was no one there. JC almost got on the end of one in the 2nd half. Lennon said himself that we don't benefit from Boyle's runs because no one gets up with him, so it's unfair to blame him. I think it would be silly not to keep him. Just my opinion.

Eyrie
14-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

I'd keep Boyle, Fyvie, Fontaine, Stevenson, Gray, McGregor, Bartley and Marciano. Also let Mclean, Handling and Stanton go.

Keepers - Marciano, Laidlaw
Defence - Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, new RB, Forster, Fontaine, Crane
Midfield - Bartley, McGinn, McGeoch, Fyvie, Martin, Boyle, new, new, new winger
Strikers - Cummings, new, new, Graham, Shaw

So that's six new signings. Maybe Humphrey can show enough to be the winger before this season is over. Mallan and Commons (player/coach) for the midfield and May up front would be nice.

Players like Forster, Graham and Boyle are cheap squad depth and necessary because we're not going to get a better player willing to sit on the bench or in the stand most weeks.

CMurdoch
14-04-2017, 10:33 PM
I'd keep Boyle, Fyvie, Fontaine, Stevenson, Gray, McGregor, Bartley and Marciano. Also let Mclean, Handling and Stanton go.

Keepers - Marciano, Laidlaw
Defence - Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, new RB, Forster, Fontaine, Crane
Midfield - Bartley, McGinn, McGeoch, Fyvie, Martin, Boyle, new, new, new winger
Strikers - Cummings, new, new, Graham, Shaw

So that's six new signings. Maybe Humphrey can show enough to be the winger before this season is over. Mallan and Commons (player/coach) for the midfield and May up front would be nice.

Players like Forster, Graham and Boyle are cheap squad depth and necessary because we're not going to get a better player willing to sit on the bench or in the stand most weeks.

You missed out Keatings

hibbytam
14-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

I'd try to keep most of these. The only ones I'd question would be Harris, though there is certainly a player in there. Holt, because there was a player in there once.

The rest are as good as any in their position in the top league.

Lancs Harp
14-04-2017, 10:40 PM
I think Boyle has got pretty good potential, his pace is an obvious threat he just needs to work on his end product. If he can improve there we will have a more than decent player on our hands.

Eyrie
14-04-2017, 10:42 PM
You missed out Keatings

Keatings, Shinnie, Harris and Holt are all out of contract and I wouldn't keep any of them. Humphrey is probably in that group as well.

CMurdoch
14-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Keatings, Shinnie, Harris and Holt are all out of contract and I wouldn't keep any of them. Humphrey is probably in that group as well.

Think they should offer a 2 year contract to Shinnie as i think they will struggle to attract better and I think Lennon likes Harris so there is a possibility he may offer him a cheap 1 year contract.
Expect Keatings and Holt to leave

silverhibee
14-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

Laidlaw & Insall, when is there contracts up.

The Sundance Kid
14-04-2017, 11:29 PM

Laidlaw is out of contract at the end of the season, Insall still has 1 year left on his deal

IberianHibernian
14-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Ideally we`d be bringing in at least 5 players who`ll be regular first team starters meaning as many would be leaving but realistically we may not be able to sign better players and others like Graham have contracts till next year or beyond . I`m sure we can sign better / more effective strikers than Holt and would hope we can find better than Boyle who has had numerous chances and has probably found his level this season . I hope Harris is kept on ( assuming he wants to ) as I think he has ability to impress in top division and any replacement will be less skilful . Assuming we clinch promotion in next 8 days , winning semi would mean more cash for new signings but only silver lining of losing semi would be being able to start making definite contract and signing moves in April instead of late May .

CMurdoch
14-04-2017, 11:30 PM

Laidlaw - contract up at the end of this season
Insall, Stanton and Handling all have a season left on their contracts

silverhibee
14-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Laidlaw is out of contract at the end of the season, Insall still has 1 year left on his deal

:aok:

silverhibee
14-04-2017, 11:45 PM
I think that it was 14 players out of contract this season, I believe that most of them have been offered contracts, this was done a number of weeks ago, some players will accept as they won't get better money or a bigger club, others might turn the offers down and a small group will be looking for new clubs next season.

Deansy
14-04-2017, 11:58 PM

I really hope this is the case - I've never been so excited/delighted in years by a Hibs-player making his break-through into the 1st-team than Alex Harris !. There IS a player in there and I'd love for him to prove this at Hibs - and even if it's elsewhere, I'd still hope he 'makes it' as the skill he showed early-on doesn't come along that often in our game !

Peevemor
15-04-2017, 12:10 AM
I'd definitely keep Boyle. He obviously loves being at Hibs so I doubt he'll be difficult to re-sign. Assuming we go up, our opponents next season will generally play higher up the park than we've been used to and this is exactly where Boyle's pace and directness will come into play.

His final ball isn't always the best but that'll improve, especially with a wee bit more room and time on the ball.

He's a guy that'll run through walls for the team and that for the full 90 minutes - something that even the best defenders don't want to face toward the end of a match.

neil7908
15-04-2017, 03:43 AM
I didn't say they were improved deals. Just heard from a fairly decent source that was the case. I for one wouldn't want 6/7 of them in the top league with us as I don't think they're good enough for what we want to do.

Fair enough, don't have any inside info myself. Like yourself there are a few names there I would be shocked were they to be with us next season but Lennon may have other ideas.

J-C
15-04-2017, 06:20 AM

Think they should offer a 2 year contract to Shinnie as i think they will struggle to attract better and I think Lennon likes Harris so there is a possibility he may offer him a cheap 1 year contract.

Pretty sure Shinnie still has a year left on his Birmingham deal, he signed a 3 year deal in 2013 and then a 2 year extension in 2015, which would take him to 2018.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2017, 07:50 AM
I'd try to keep most of these. The only ones I'd question would be Harris, though there is certainly a player in there. Holt, because there was a player in there once.

The rest are as good as any in their position in the top league.

Shinnie isn't even as good as the attacking mids in this league, never mind the one above. Andreu, Sibbald and Mallan of the top of my head have all had more productive seasons. In the premier league there is no way he gets near the standard of Hayes, McGinn, Walker or even Nicholson.

southsider
15-04-2017, 08:08 AM
By the look of ST's sold so far I think me might be looking at 15-16,000 st's next season. Top 4 finish is a possibility and that is what we should be aiming for. A quality No. 10 and 2 pacey forwards are a must imo.

Since90+2
15-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Shinnie is even as good as the attacking mids in this league, never mind the one above. Andreu, Sibbald and Mallan of the top of my head have all had more productive seasons. In the premier league there is no way he gets near the standard of Hayes, McGinn, Walker or even Nicholson.

The other 3 I'd agree with but Nicholson? He is absolutely terrible. Can't even get a game in a rank Hearts side.

Andy JR
15-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Hasn't Holt been doing his coaching licenses? Expect him to leave for a coaching gig.

GoalsMcGinley
15-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Hasn't Holt been doing his coaching licenses? Expect him to leave for a coaching gig.

As far as I know he's asked for 1 more year but wants more cash.

Since90+2
15-04-2017, 08:58 AM

More cash based on his performances this season? That should hopefully be a fairly straightforward conversation to be had with him then.

GoalsMcGinley
15-04-2017, 08:59 AM
More cash based on his performances this season? That should hopefully be a fairly straightforward conversation to be had with him then.

I'm assuming it's coz we will be premiership team next season. He's entitled to ask for more cash. Doesn't mean he will get it though!

bigwheel
15-04-2017, 09:00 AM

There's no way Holt will get another year. He will be thanked for his contribution- particularly his help with Cummings , and be wished well for the future

GoalsMcGinley
15-04-2017, 09:00 AM
There's no way Holt will get another year. He will be thanked for his contribution- particularly his help with Cummings , and be wished well for the future

Depends who we get in

bigwheel
15-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Depends who we get in

If we don't get better than Holt for next season , it could be a long winter !

He's done the job we brought him for - time for : "thanks Grant - come back and see us sometime ! " [emoji106]

Big L
15-04-2017, 09:08 AM

Laidlaw is a back up who has done well enuff when required, they may keep him for cover, don't see him ever being 1st choice. If Marciano goes they will bring in another 1st choice keeper.

Big L
15-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Shinnie isn't even as good as the attacking mids in this league, never mind the one above. Andreu, Sibbald and Mallan of the top of my head have all had more productive seasons. In the premier league there is no way he gets near the standard of Hayes, McGinn, Walker or even Nicholson.

I like all 3. Andreu would be a real capture imo.

Eyrie
15-04-2017, 09:40 AM
I'd rather have Commons and Mallan than Shinnie. The news that Shinnie still has a year left on his Birmingham contract probably rules him out anyway because we should only be paying a fee for a young player with potential and there would be too big a wage drop for him.

Laidlaw is the only I'd keep because he won't be expensive and has proven to be reliable. However I'd want Marciano or an equivalent as our first choice.

The other three should be reminded that they need regular first team football and advised that even being on the bench here is unlikely. Time for their agents to earn their fees.

SON OF PADDY
15-04-2017, 09:46 AM
Laidlaw is a back up who has done well enuff when required, they may keep him for cover, don't see him ever being 1st choice. If Marciano goes they will bring in another 1st choice keeper.

I would like to see us offer Laidlaw a new 2 year contract, he's proved he's a decent keeper when required to stand in for Marciano.
As for Rocky I'd like Hibs try and sign him up on a long term contract pronto.🙏🙏

15-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I would keep Keatings

So would I. Very underrated IMO.

15-04-2017, 09:54 AM

I would get rid of Insall. He was taken on by Stubbs as a long term project. A bizzare signing but fair play he's had two good seasons with Easdt Fife so i'm sure he will get an offer from a lower league club but I really don't think he will cut it with us next season in the Premiership especially if we want to be up their in the top 6.

As for Stanton and Handling, well i'm afraid I don't think their going to cut it here. Not terrible players by any means but lower championship is probably about their level.

I'd keep Laidlaw. Not a first choice but he's a decent back up keeper.

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I'd rather have Commons and Mallan than Shinnie. The news that Shinnie still has a year left on his Birmingham contract probably rules him out anyway because we should only be paying a fee for a young player with potential and there would be too big a wage drop for him.

Laidlaw is the only I'd keep because he won't be expensive and has proven to be reliable. However I'd want Marciano or an equivalent as our first choice.

The other three should be reminded that they need regular first team football and advised that even being on the bench here is unlikely. Time for their agents to earn their fees.

Didn't realise Shinnie had a year left on his Birmingham contract.
He will see out his contract unless they pay him off.

Commons is too old and can't graft on the pitch.
Hibs players will have to work harder in the SPL against better opposition where we won't have the ball all the time so unable to have Commons just hanging around and adding the Midas touch which he did in the Championship.

J-C
15-04-2017, 10:05 AM
So would I. Very underrated IMO.

There's a reason Keatings hasn't played at a higher level than the Championship, consistency. One good game in every six won't help you get top 4 in the premier league.

Earlydelivery
15-04-2017, 10:09 AM
I like all 3. Andreu would be a real capture imo.
Andreu is definitely one we're looking at .

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Didn't realise Shinnie had a year left on his Birmingham contract.
He will see out his contract unless they pay him off.

Commons is 34 in the summer.
Holt turned 36 this week.
We need younger players.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Andreu is definitely one we're looking at .

Is he out of contract at Norwich at the end of the season ?

Lago
15-04-2017, 10:53 AM

Rubbish

eastcoasthibby
15-04-2017, 10:59 AM
We need to create wages and squad space ... We need two full backs and a couple of attacking midfielders, at least one winger and two forwards ..if we keep most of what we have got then what is brought in must be better quality ...and come in as first choice payers with the likes of our full backs second choice but pushing for the jersey !!
Let's get the win we need today and then our management can really get to work on who we bring in ..

josef k
17-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Seems the OP was correct. Confirmed in the evening news today.

Allant1981
17-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Rubbish

im sure you will be along shortly to apologise

JDHibs
17-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Few people to apologize to the OP this morning it would appear.

Bit worried if weve offered everyone on that list a new deal as some dont deserve it or arent good enough in my opinion.

Id keep all our first team starters this season. McGregor, Fyvie, LS, Gray.

Offer Harris, Boyle, Fonts, Holt, Laidlaw and Bartley back up contracts as we should be targetting better players in their positions or we have better already.

Try and buy Rocky.

Release the others.

Buy 2 strikers, 2 wingers and 1 creative force like Mallan and squad would be ready for top 4 challenge. All in my opinion mind you.

jeffers
17-04-2017, 08:27 AM
From Evening News article:

"Lennon, who revealed the extensive list of players who are out of contract at the end of the season have all been offered new deals, admitted he’d like to keep his current squad together, although many will feel it will need strengthening for what lies ahead."

Disappointing if true, we need to shake things up a bit. We don't score enough goals especially from midfield and take Jason Cummings out the team and the other strikers don't contribute enough either.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Indeed thanks Grant and there's your P45

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
17-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Can't really see why we'd be keeping some of these players that have failed to prove their worth for us in a lower division. Going by what Lennon has said I don't think a lot of them have been offered very much in terms of wages.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Can't really see why we'd be keeping some of these players that have failed to prove their worth for us in a lower division. Going by what Lennon has said I don't think a lot of them have been offered very much in terms of wages.
Think that's the key point here mate...coz the deals were offered months ago we were insure what division we would be playing in...I hazard a guess some have been made low offers and it's almost a thanks but no thanks approach

Heisenberg
17-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Think that's the key point here mate...coz the deals were offered months ago we were insure what division we would be playing in...I hazard a guess some have been made low offers and it's almost a thanks but no thanks approach

Seems like it. Lennon has said they can come and play/sit on the bench for us in a higher division or go elsewhere for more money and possibly more game time.

Col2
17-04-2017, 08:38 AM
I think we will find that given its semi final week not all decisions on contracts will have been made. For players like McGregor, clearly yes he has been offered but for more marginal decisions e.g. Keatings, I am not so sure.

We also have to factor in the balance between continuity and enough space in squad for new players.

As a minimum we have two emergency loans and three other loans so IF they don't return we have 5 gaps.

I think we all recognise that if we keep vast majority of this team then width and strikers become the priority.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Seems like it. Lennon has said they can come and play/sit on the bench for us in a higher division or go elsewhere for more money and possibly more game time.
Yup I think he had to keep the squad focused and harmonious for the promotion push and this was the best way of achieving that
...but a few of them will be gone I think

Winston Ingram
17-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Holt's clearly done. I'd be stunned if he gets one.

As for offering terms to Shinnie and Mariciano, we need to make an offer to their clubs first.

I can see Harris getting another year. NL said he'd get a chance and he's missed 5 months with a torn hamstring.

IanM
17-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Move heaven and earth to keep Rocky. Fantastic keeper, he'll win us more games than some of our strikers next season

Forza Fred
17-04-2017, 09:41 AM
I've heard we are interested in Boyce from Ross County...not sure if it's been reported in the media in Scotland though.....

Mikey09
17-04-2017, 09:46 AM
Shinnie and Rocky are loan deals so not really ours to start with.

Out of the rest I'd offer deals to Stevenson, McGregor, Gray, Fyvie and Boyle only. We need better if we are to challenge top 4 next season.

You wouldn't offer Big Marv a deal?!?! Wow!!

Winston Ingram
17-04-2017, 10:01 AM
I've heard we are interested in Boyce from Ross County...not sure if it's been reported in the media in Scotland though.....

It'll be dependant on whether Ross County stay up. His contract has a year left and i'd imagine it'd take a decent fee to shift him.

J-C
17-04-2017, 10:05 AM
You wouldn't offer Big Marv a deal?!?! Wow!!

My opinion, decent defensive midfielder but I feel we need better if we want to challenge in the Premier. I think you seen on saturday when our 3 best midfielders are fit just how good they can be together and as Lennon has just came out and said, next season we'll have more space to play football as teams don't play 10 behind the ball.

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2017, 10:24 AM
My opinion, decent defensive midfielder but I feel we need better if we want to challenge in the Premier. I think you seen on saturday when our 3 best midfielders are fit just how good they can be together and as Lennon has just came out and said, next season we'll have more space to play football as teams don't play 10 behind the ball.

Marv is as good as we're going to get as a pure ball-winner, which we'll need for the big games next season.

The boy won man of the match in 3 derbies in a row ffs!

LaMotta
17-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Marv is as good as we're going to get as a pure ball-winner, which we'll need for the big games next season.

:agree:

supermcginn
17-04-2017, 10:35 AM

100 percent, he's made for the big games especially away from home next season.

Lago
17-04-2017, 10:40 AM
im sure you will be along shortly to apologise
You could be right.

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Personally I've got to say I'm really happy with this news, surprised as I though at least 1 or 2 would be let go but I'm happy to keep this squad together

Holt - had a horrid time in front of goal but so has everyone bar Jason this season. Think other than that he has been good but he's worth keeping around even if just for his experience
Shinnie - Good player who is far better than some give him credit for
Boyle - Has his flaws but is still a useful player and at 23 has time to improve
Keatings - Good player on his day, suspect he will either leave or have to settle for being a back-up though
Fyvie - Excellent midfielder
Harris - Have my doubts but happy to give him one last chance
Fontaine - Really solid defender. Again will probably be back-up if he stays but he is mighty fine back-up to have
Stevenson - Solid full-back and a hibee hero
Gray - See above
McGregor - Goes without saying
Bartley - As stated already in this thread, a fantastic player to have for the big games
Humphrey - Hopefully he can keep himself fit, had a very promising debut
Marciano - Best goalie we've had in god knows how long. If he signs it will almost be a bit of a coup

Also seems like this squad has a great spirit, would be a shame if Lennon tried to make really drastic changes IMO

GordonHFC
17-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Shinnie and Marciano will not have been offered anything. They are not ours and neither are out of contract with their clubs.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Personally I've got to say I'm really happy with this news, surprised as I though at least 1 or 2 would be let go but I'm happy to keep this squad together

Holt - had a horrid time in front of goal but so has everyone bar Jason this season. Think other than that he has been good but he's worth keeping around even if just for his experience
Shinnie - Good player who is far better than some give him credit for
Boyle - Has his flaws but is still a useful player and at 23 has time to improve
Keatings - Good player on his day, suspect he will either leave or have to settle for being a back-up though
Fyvie - Excellent midfielder
Harris - Have my doubts but happy to give him one last chance
Fontaine - Really solid defender. Again will probably be back-up if he stays but he is mighty fine back-up to have
Stevenson - Solid full-back and a hibee hero
Gray - See above
McGregor - Goes without saying
Bartley - As stated already in this thread, a fantastic player to have for the big games
Humphrey - Hopefully he can keep himself fit, had a very promising debut
Marciano - Best goalie we've had in god knows how long. If he signs it will almost be a bit of a coup

Also seems like this squad has a great spirit, would be a shame if Lennon tried to make really drastic changes IMO

A lot depends on what we would be paying certain players.
It is all very well keeping everyone but they will be taking wages that prevent us bringing in potentially better players to improve the team.
Holt has played well this season apart from the obvious lack of goals but will be 36 in the summer so we need to save his wage for someone else.
Humphrey IMO has injury issues which I fear will continue and he looks like they have slowed him down. Suspect you can get both Swanson and Alex Harris for his wage so would let him go.
Keatings has a good dead ball delivery but he doesn't play well consistently enough. Like the guy but suspect he will be released.
Of the loan players:
Shinnie I rate, but he has a year of his contract at Birmingham left. Think they would let him go but he will be on a healthy wage which he may be reluctant to let go. Saying that, if Hibs offer him a 3 year contract it would probably tip the balance. However, that would be a gamble for us so perhaps another half season or season long loan to see how he gets on in the SPL.
Marciano is settled in and has done well. No one appears to know how long his contract is at Ashdod. Should sign dependant on fee. Don't think wages will be a problem.
Ambrose would be a fantastic signing but everyone on here seems to think he will have other options which will pay far more than Hibs can offer. On the upside he appears to have a good relationship with Lennon and has been in Scotland for a long time and may want to stay. If he agreed to sign I suspect Fontaine would be released.

Allant1981
17-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Shinnie and Marciano will not have been offered anything. They are not ours and neither are out of contract with their clubs.

you can pretty much guarantee that if lennon wants them for next season then they will have been told what they could expect to get each week

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2017, 12:58 PM
A lot depends on what we would be paying certain players.
It is all very well keeping everyone but they will be taking wages that prevent us bringing in potentially better players to improve the team.
Holt has played well this season apart from the obvious lack of goals but will be 36 in the summer so we need to save his wage for someone else.
Humphrey IMO has injury issues which I fear will continue and he looks like they have slowed him down. Suspect you can get both Swanson and Alex Harris for his wage so would let him go.
Keatings has a good dead ball delivery but he doesn't play well consistently enough. Like the guy but suspect he will be released.
Of the loan players:
Shinnie I rate, but he has a year of his contract at Birmingham left. Think they would let him go but he will be on a healthy wage which he may be reluctant to let go. Saying that, if Hibs offer him a 3 year contract it would probably tip the balance. However, that would be a gamble for us so perhaps another half season or season long loan to see how he gets on in the SPL.
Marciano is settled in and has done well. No one appears to know how long his contract is at Ashdod. Should sign dependant on fee. Don't think wages will be a problem.
Ambrose would be a fantastic signing but everyone on here seems to think he will have other options which will pay far more than Hibs can offer. On the upside he appears to have a good relationship with Lennon and has been in Scotland for a long time and may want to stay. If he agreed to sign I suspect Fontaine would be released.

Can defo see your points about Humphrey and Holt. For some reason I get the feeling that Holt will stay with us, possibly as a player/coach but I hope if that's the case he doesn't eat up too much of our budget

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Can defo see your points about Humphrey and Holt. For some reason I get the feeling that Holt will stay with us, possibly as a player/coach but I hope if that's the case he doesn't eat up too much of our budget

I'd be surprised if Holt stays on. Lives away from home, and will be a bit part player next season

Fergus52
17-04-2017, 01:03 PM
If Graham, Holt and Keatings are all still here next season I will be very upset.

oldbutdim
17-04-2017, 01:04 PM

Good knowledge!

Have to admit I was extremely dubious that all of them would get offers, but you were spot on.

Cap doffed.

GoalsMcGinley
17-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Good knowledge!

Have to admit I was extremely dubious that all of them would get offers, but you were spot on.

Cap doffed.

Sometimes you get lucky with the info you're given. Can't take all the credit.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2017, 01:06 PM
If Graham, Holt and Keatings are all still here next season I will be very upset.

Graham has another year, so Hibs will be relying on someone taking him off our hands, if Neil doesn't want him

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 01:08 PM
I'd be surprised if Holt stays on. Lives away from home, and will be a bit part player next season

Exactly. If we have made him an offer it will unlikely be at a level that makes it worthwhile for him to live away from his family.
I think Fontaine also lives away from home so he may be in the same boat? As he is now a back up, I doubt we can offer the same deal as he got when he first arrived, especially as he is getting older.

Allant1981
17-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Exactly. If we have made him an offer it will unlikely be at a level that makes it worthwhile for him to live away from his family.
I think Fontaine also lives away from home so he may be in the same boat? As he is now a back up, I doubt we can offer the same deal as he got when he first arrived, especially as he is getting older.

fontaine stays in bathgate and is the same age as darren mcgregor

Speedway
17-04-2017, 01:10 PM
No one quoting Brian McLean?

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 01:12 PM

Graham has a contract until the end of next season and given that he won't have other options will still be at Easter Road next season. Not good enough but will make a few appearances.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 01:12 PM
fontaine stays in bathgate and is the same age as darren mcgregor

Fair enough, I wasn't sure. Still think the deal we offer him as back up will not be what he is on just now.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 01:16 PM
No one quoting Brian McLean?

Can't see him getting a contract offer.
Not based on his play just that he was brought in as cover.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Very harsh on Fonts...he loves it here and has never let us down...and same age as McGregor

neil7908
17-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Apologies to the OP - you were totally correct!

Unless our budget is due to increase massively next season I just can't see the logic in keeping a number of these players.

We really need another 3-4 quality players and I'm concerned we won't get the them if we retain everyone in the current squad.

Vault Boy
17-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Nice scoop OP. I certainly wouldn't mind continuity, I think it's really important... Although there are certainly a couple of players I think we should let go.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Very harsh on Fonts...he loves it here and has never let us down...and same age as McGregor

I'm not criticising him. I think he has done a great job. It's just that it's unlikely we pay the same wages to guys who are cover as we do first team regulars.
I would think his current deal would be one of the higher ones at Easter road and I don't think his new one should be.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm not criticising him. I think he has done a great job. It's just that it's unlikely we pay the same wages to guys who are cover as we do first team regulars.
I would think his current deal would be one of the higher ones at Easter road and I don't think his new one should be.

But if we don't sign Ambrose he is then our 3rd choice CB - and if we go 3 at the back he plays mate?? He ain't that far down the pecking order imo

HibsNutter
17-04-2017, 01:47 PM
I'd be disappointed if we have offered contracts to all the players, we need to improve on the likes of Holt, Keatings etc if we are to make serious progress.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 01:55 PM
But if we don't sign Ambrose he is then our 3rd choice CB - and if we go 3 at the back he plays mate?? He ain't that far down the pecking order imo

If we can't afford Ambrose, Fontaine should be signed on a years extension although I expect he would want 2 years. If we sign Ambrose we use Fontaines wage to help finance it.

My gut feeling is we won't get Ambrose and Fontaine will remain. Has been a good player for Hibs so happy with that.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 02:08 PM
If we can't afford Ambrose, Fontaine should be signed on a years extension although I expect he would want 2 years. If we sign Ambrose we use Fontaines wage to help finance it.

My gut feeling is we won't get Ambrose and Fontaine will remain. Has been a good player for Hibs so happy with that.

There are some decent young centre halves coming through elsewhere as well which allows us to plan long term as well though. And they are less likely to be injured as often as Fontaine.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Given I expect us to finish 4th next season we should look to retain and recruit players that are of a standard to play or be signed for Aberdeen. I think they are a good benchmark for us and one which would see a number of our out of contract players leave.

Aberdeen have a few duffers e.g. Ash Taylor and O Conner, but their other players are all pretty good.
They will lose Pawlett, McGinn and possibly Jack at the end of the season and will do well to replace them.

If we spend well we would look to move ahead of them the following season.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 02:25 PM
There are some decent young centre halves coming through elsewhere as well which allows us to plan long term as well though. And they are less likely to be injured as often as Fontaine.

Michael Devlin the 23 year old captain of Hamilton would be a good replacement.
Fontaine played 40 games in each of the last 2 seasons. Think he has played a little over 20 matches this season due to injury but he is only 31 and I wouldn't describe him as injury prone. Probably less so than his fellow CH's Hanlon and Forster.

IAmLee
17-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Michael Devlin the 23 year old captain of Hamilton would be a good replacement.
Fontaine played 40 games in each of the last 2 seasons. Think he has played a little over 20 matches this season due to injury but he is only 31 and I wouldn't describe him as injury prone. Probably less so than his fellow CH's Hanlon and Forster.

Can't agree with you on Hanlon, he's only ever been out for any length of time 3 times from what I can remember (his hip this season, his thigh last season and his thigh again(?) the year we got relegated) wouldn't say that's really injury prone, Forster has been out 3/4 times this season alone - that is injury prone!! I think Fontaine has been out more than Hanlon the past few seasons too, though maybe not for as long a period? I like Fontaine & wouldn't mind him being kept on as back up but he is really slow and his habit of charging out of defense with the ball then losing it is concerning! If he concentrates on no nonsense defending he is a good asset. I'd like to see us offer Peter Grant from Falkirk a pre contract in Jan to challenge Hanlon for the left centre half slot, only 23 & is very good every time I've saw him!!

Michael Devlin is a very good player, I think the Dons are after him though and he'd be first choice up there I'd think!

IAmLee
17-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Graham has another year, so Hibs will be relying on someone taking him off our hands, if Neil doesn't want him

I wonder if we could get away with offering him as a palyer plus cash deal for another player, like Moult for instance? Graham wants to stay down here for family reasons but surely he has to know he won't be a regular starter for us next season? That could maybe persuade him to move elsewhere if an offer was on the table! That's assuming a club would want him.......

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Can't agree with you on Hanlon, he's only ever been out for any length of time 3 times from what I can remember (his hip this season, his thigh last season and his thigh again(?) the year we got relegated) wouldn't say that's really injury prone, Forster has been out 3/4 times this season alone - that is injury prone!! I think Fontaine has been out more than Hanlon the past few seasons too, though maybe not for as long a period? I like Fontaine & wouldn't mind him being kept on as back up but he is really slow and his habit of charging out of defense with the ball then losing it is concerning! If he concentrates on no nonsense defending he is a good asset. I'd like to see us offer Peter Grant from Falkirk a pre contract in Jan to challenge Hanlon for the left centre half slot, only 23 & is very good every time I've saw him!!

Michael Devlin is a very good player, I think the Dons are after him though and he'd be first choice up there I'd think!

Hanlon and Fontaine have played about the same number of games in the last 3 seasons.
Hard to believe Hanlon is 27.
Re Dons after Devlin. That makes sense given that bomb scare Ash Taylor is out of contract and Devlin would be a big improvement on him.

houstonhibbee
17-04-2017, 03:05 PM
I'd be disappointed if we have offered contracts to all the players, we need to improve on the likes of Holt, Keatings etc if we are to make serious progress.
Nowhere has anyone said the new contracts are so good that every player is going to accept. Some may be better deals than others based on perceived performance and importance to the club. It may be expected that several will decide not to accept

Andy74
17-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Quite happy for Neil to build the squad in the way he sees fit. It's a group that have done quite well v top league teams. Sometimes continuity is the way to go. We need to add 2 or 3 but I wouldn't go mad ditching people.

hibsboy69
17-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Probably old news, but I've been told that Jason is off to Sunderland at the end of the season. The words "done deal" were used.

Source - somebody VERY close to the player (I can't say who on here).

So we will need to sign some goalscorers............but Neil Lennon knows this already. I expect initial discussions will already have taken place with signing targets.

GGTTH

:flag:

jacomo
17-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Probably old news, but I've been told that Jason is off to Sunderland at the end of the season. The words "done deal" were used.

So we will need to sign some goalscorers............but Neil Lennon knows this already. I expect initial discussions will already have taken place with signing targets.

GGTTH

£10m please.

hibsboy69
17-04-2017, 10:09 PM
£10m please.

Would be nice ! :aok::thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
17-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Quite happy for Neil to build the squad in the way he sees fit. It's a group that have done quite well v top league teams. Sometimes continuity is the way to go. We need to add 2 or 3 but I wouldn't go mad ditching people.

I agree. Change only needed in the forward areas.

1875Sean
17-04-2017, 10:20 PM
I wonder if a few players have already agreed a deal and Hibs are holding off any announcements until after the semis to boost season ticket sales

houstonhibbee
17-04-2017, 10:42 PM
£10m please.
as he's under contract then he will only be leaving if offer is accepted by Hibs. I doubt that has happened. Would Hibs not want to entice multi bidders if they were agreeing to let him go?

greenlex
17-04-2017, 10:54 PM

GGTTH

Who wil be signing him for Sunderland? I doubt Moyes will be there.

CMurdoch
17-04-2017, 11:31 PM

GGTTH

i hope this is pish

jacomo
18-04-2017, 11:33 AM
as he's under contract then he will only be leaving if offer is accepted by Hibs. I doubt that has happened. Would Hibs not want to entice multi bidders if they were agreeing to let him go?

This is the 'buy it now' price.

:wink:

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2017, 11:41 AM

A couple of years ago at the AGM, when there was similar speculation about JC, Leann said that the club were "in control of the situation", in the same way that they had controlled the Scott Allan situation. I have no doubt that that would still be the case.

However, what is more interesting to me was JC's tweet at the weekend. He said something like "when i missed that penalty against Hamilton, I promised I would stay at Hibs until we were back in the top league. I am a man of my word".

I translated that as Hibs had promised he could get a move once we were back up.

high bee
18-04-2017, 11:47 AM
A couple of years ago at the AGM, when there was similar speculation about JC, Leann said that the club were "in control of the situation", in the same way that they had controlled the Scott Allan situation. I have no doubt that that would still be the case.

However, what is more interesting to me was JC's tweet at the weekend. He said something like "when i missed that penalty against Hamilton, I promised I would stay at Hibs until we were back in the top league. I am a man of my word".

I translated that as Hibs had promised he could get a move once we were back up.

Yep I took his comment the same way, especially when ties in with him saying last summer when there was media speculation, that he promised to help us back up before moving on.

JDHibs
18-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Hibs have told JC he can have his big move, they would never stop that. One of the reasons he signed a new contract was to make sure we get more money.

If the deal is right for Hibs, i am happy for Cummings to go. Nobody is irreplaceable and nobody is bigger than the club. That being said, id rather he stayed for a season or 2 more.

Wilson
18-04-2017, 11:55 AM

I translate it as his reflecting on promotion. He said he would stay and help get us promoted. We are promoted and he is still here. He did indeed keep his word.

There is no further information there to infer that he is going anywhere - or was promised anything.

MB62
18-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Everyone has their price, JC included, and the price is right for Hibs, then he will be off and Lennie will be tasked to replace him.

Happy either way.

GreenLake
18-04-2017, 12:09 PM

I think he should stay at Hibs until he has chipped a keeper with a penalty.

matty_f
18-04-2017, 12:09 PM

That was an old quote from when he signed his contract at the start of the season. I think HSL regurgitated it on the back of us securing promotion.

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2017, 12:12 PM
That was an old quote from when he signed his contract at the start of the season. I think HSL regurgitated it on the back of us securing promotion.

I didn't realise that, cheers.

Lago
18-04-2017, 12:13 PM
I translate it as his reflecting on promotion. He said he would stay and help get us promoted. We are promoted and he is still here. He did indeed keep his word.

There is no further information there to infer that he is going anywhere - or was promised anything.
My interpretation as well.

ancient hibee
18-04-2017, 01:48 PM

When he missed the penalty he had hardly scored a goal.Nobody would have wanted him anyway.

Diclonius
18-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Jason Cummings‏Verified account @Jasoncummings35 (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35) Apr 15 (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35/status/853308907690885120)More

Made a promise 3 year ago when I missed that pen to relegate us that I'd do my best to get us back up. Today is that day!!! https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f3c6.pnghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/2705.png

Nothing about staying at Hibs until we're up, just trying to get us back up should he stay. I suspect he's very happy to stay here but will be interested if a bigger club comes in.

J-C
18-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Of course we want our best players to stay, McGinn and Cummings will have offers for them and if the price is right they might go but I have a feeling LD is a hard cookie to deal with and she'll only sell a player if it suits all parties.

Sean1875
18-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Id be very surprised if Sunderland were commiting to buying any players considering they dont know what league they'll be playing in or who their manager will be next season

Iain G
18-04-2017, 05:17 PM
I think we need to look at options out wide both at fullback and on the wing, and we need two new forwards, depending who stays and goes and probably someone in midfield who will get into the box past the forwards, some kind of young Pat McGinlay.

Oh and Rocky and Ambrose please and maybe Henderson or am I asking for too much? 😀

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-04-2017, 05:19 PM
I expect Leanne to play a blinder with Jason. I also reckon they have a good rapport so will be reading off the same page in regards to future moves.

When English/other clubs scout Scotland looking for the best young striker Jason's name will be the first name on most of their lists. Leanne will demand top dollar and I suspect we may get a pleasant surprise.

MikeyS
18-04-2017, 05:32 PM
I feel that we'll most likely loose both Cummings and McGinn this summer, which will be a big blow for us. Got to hope that Lennon is given the funds required to try and replace them adequately which will be a massive task.

Personally dont think the time is right for either of them to move just yet as they both still have a lot to prove/learn but they've had a lot of positive press which won't have gone unnoticed by clubs down south which much greater resources than us unfortunately.

Nowt to base this on but have a horrible feeling Jason could end up at the currants next year. Seriously hope not though.

MikeyS
18-04-2017, 05:34 PM
I think we need to look at options out wide both at fullback and on the wing, and we need two new forwards, depending who stays and goes and probably someone in midfield who will get into the box past the forwards, some kind of young Pat McGinlay.

Oh and Rocky and Ambrose please and maybe Henderson or am I asking for too much? 😀

A young Pat McGinlay would be exactly what we need! :thumbsup:

Ive not seen much of him but Mallan looks like the goal scoring midfielder we have been missing. Expect him to be pretty popular this summer though.

jacomo
18-04-2017, 06:40 PM
I feel that we'll most likely loose both Cummings and McGinn this summer, which will be a big blow for us. Got to hope that Lennon is given the funds required to try and replace them adequately which will be a massive task.

Personally dont think the time is right for either of them to move just yet as they both still have a lot to prove/learn but they've had a lot of positive press which won't have gone unnoticed by clubs down south which much greater resources than us unfortunately.

Nowt to base this on but have a horrible feeling Jason could end up at the currants next year. Seriously hope not though.

Where's the money coming from?

Sevco can't afford him.

J-C
18-04-2017, 06:43 PM

Again like Allan we will not sell to our rivals, plus do they have a spare £3m.

H18 SFR
18-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Keatings will be the first to sign, possibly announced before Saturday according to my sources. 🙋🏾*♂️

J-C
18-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Keatings will be the first to sign, possibly announced before Saturday according to my sources. 🙋🏾*♂️

I noticed on the BBC website he's very happy here and it feels like home, I don't think he's good enough but if he doesn't cost a lot he's decent back up.

Vault Boy
18-04-2017, 08:06 PM

Hopefully the start of a domino effect

Baw187
18-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Id be very surprised if Sunderland were commiting to buying any players considering they dont know what league they'll be playing in or who their manager will be next season

I'm fairly certain anyone on the planet who follows English Football knows what League Sunderland will be in next season.

Eyrie
18-04-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm fairly certain anyone on the planet who follows English Football knows what League Sunderland will be in next season.

And the size of the parachute payment that they'll get, which helps us if they want Cummings or McGinn.

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2017, 08:27 PM

Ur completely wrong...no danger will Cummings leave hibs for Hunbrox...zero chance mate

mjhibby
18-04-2017, 08:27 PM

The only way either will go will be if we receive an offer we can't turn down something sevco can't remotely afford. Only Celtic of the scottish clubs could afford either of them but I doubt they will want to go then then be bit part players. It would more likely be a Burnley or Bournemouth in the epl where they will earn a five figure wage and can progress their careers. I'm sure they will both be there for at least next season. If there is to be big bids for them we want them early doors so we can sign replacements in the unlikely event of them going.

Andy74
18-04-2017, 08:29 PM

Not one I would have bothered with but if Lennon wants him then fair enough.

Lee Marvin
18-04-2017, 08:33 PM

Agree with this. Nothing better than a very average squad player at best

Unseen work
18-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Surprised he has offered all them new contracts.

We must have plenty money to offer them all new contracts and look to improve the squad to a good standard.

CMurdoch
18-04-2017, 08:45 PM
The only way either will go will be if we receive an offer we can't turn down something sevco can't remotely afford. Only Celtic of the scottish clubs could afford either of them but I doubt they will want to go then then be bit part players. It would more likely be a Burnley or Bournemouth in the epl where they will earn a five figure wage and can progress their careers. I'm sure they will both be there for at least next season. If there is to be big bids for them we want them early doors so we can sign replacements in the unlikely event of them going.

IMO Brendan Rodgers won't be interested in McGinn or Cummings at the moment.
McGinn could go to The English Championship or as you say the likes of Burnley in the Premiership.
Cummings is not ready yet but he is improving every season. The longer we keep him and the more he improves the better the teams will be that come in for him and the more money we will get in return. It is in both interests for him to stay for at least another season.
Think they are currently worth £2.5 million each but Cummings value will rise to £3 million if he improves agai next season. Goal scorers are gold even if a flawed footballer e.g.Jordan Rhodes

J-C
18-04-2017, 08:51 PM

We must have plenty money to offer them all new contracts and look to improve the squad to a good standard.

Lennon also added that some may not take the offer, either not good enough or maybe want back South again, plus we have 2 loaned who need replaced.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Its the fact he has come out and said all the players have been offerred new contracts I would have thought he would have wanted to keep his options open Althogh assume some will be offerred terms thst thry might not accept and if they dint offer might not be increased and they eill leave
I think some players will want to kerp yhier options open as well and see how ambitious we are being by the wuslity of Signings made and see if The in demand players are dold off
The more players that commit early the mote it may persuade others to follow
But if Cummings were to be sold not dure i would want to holding on to all three of Keatings holt and graham Although i thought the latter had been signed on a two year deal

HoboHarry
18-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Its the fact he has come out and said all the players have been offerred new contracts I would have thought he would have wanted to keep his options open Althogh assume some will be offerred terms thst thry might not accept and if they dint offer might not be increased and they eill leave
I think some players will want to kerp yhier options open as well and see how ambitious we are being by the wuslity of Signings made and see if The in demand players are dold off
But if Cummings were to be sold not dure i would want to holding on to all three of Keatings holt and graham Although i thought the latter had been signed on a two year deal
Is this lifted straight from your Gaelic blog Ronnie? :greengrin

Ronniekirk
18-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Is this lifted straight from your Gaelic blog Ronnie? :greengrin

Need to start Proof reading Or keep posts short lol

The Leith Dutch
18-04-2017, 09:08 PM

I thought Graham was signed on a one year with a further one year option.
Never quite sure what that means mind - does it mean it's for the club to decide or is it based on meeting certain criteria?

CMurdoch
18-04-2017, 09:18 PM
I thought Graham was signed on a one year with a further one year option.
Never quite sure what that means mind - does it mean it's for the club to decide or is it based on meeting certain criteria?

I am almost certain he was signed on a 2 year contract

pacoluna
18-04-2017, 09:22 PM
He would bite lennons hand off if given a new contract I would guess.

Biggie
19-04-2017, 06:49 AM
He would bite lennons hand off if given a new contract I would guess.

I bet he would.....we have to aim higher/better than him....him/Boyle/holt/graham......struggle in the championship so hardly likely to take us to the higher echelons of the premier league.

The Spaceman
19-04-2017, 06:51 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39633240

Some nice quotes from Keats. Boy clearly has ability and loves our club but has to be more consistent. He is still a handy player to have as an option and is obviously very good for team morale.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Would be happy if he stayed. He's underrated in my opinion and is a good player. Hopefully he signs and stays :aok:

supermcginn
19-04-2017, 08:12 AM

He's a lucky lucky boy.

J-C
19-04-2017, 08:46 AM
He's a lucky lucky boy.

I was surprised when I read it yesterday, very inconsistent but on his day is half decent, I thought we needed better but Lennon is manager at the moment.

Earlydelivery
19-04-2017, 08:56 AM
I was surprised when I read it yesterday, very inconsistent but on his day is half decent, I thought we needed better but Lennon is manager at the moment.
Good post . Think he's average at best .

Navids Numpties
19-04-2017, 09:43 AM
David Gray is a must keep. Great wing back.

SlickShoes
19-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Keatings is a fine squad player to have, he's not being kept to be the number 1 striker.

We only really need to sign one high quality striker, our big issues come from the lack of goals from midfield this season and obviously Holt playing many games but only getting 3 goals.

I think it's important to keep as much of the squad together as possible, they have a great bond and that is very rare, it's probably worth retaining a couple of players you'd normally let go to keep that overall morale in the dressing room.

People are free to think we stumbled our way to the league but these are the guys that won it and didn't fall at the last hurdle like the last two years.

J-C
19-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Keatings is a fine squad player to have, he's not being kept to be the number 1 striker.

We only really need to sign one high quality striker, our big issues come from the lack of goals from midfield this season and obviously Holt playing many games but only getting 3 goals.

I think it's important to keep as much of the squad together as possible, they have a great bond and that is very rare, it's probably worth retaining a couple of players you'd normally let go to keep that overall morale in the dressing room.

People are free to think we stumbled our way to the league but these are the guys that won it and didn't fall at the last hurdle like the last two years.

I can see your thinking re Keatings, he's probably well liked in the dressing room and was part of the cup squad and made a few decent contributions this season, he's never really had the chance to prove himself in the higher league and may well be a better player there, he won't be on big wages in comparison to the better players.

offshorehibby
19-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Lennon also added that some may not take the offer, either not good enough or maybe want back South again, plus we have 2 loaned who need replaced.

Although they might have all been offered new contracts some might be for less than they are currently on and some might refuse or want to return back down south.

CMac1988
19-04-2017, 10:48 AM

There's no doubt he has technical ability to ping the ball about but my issue with him is that games seem to pass him by for the most part. Needs to be a bit more tenacious and find space more when not on the ball. Equally when he is on the ball he needs to be able to hold it up better and produce more often.

Ultimately not for me but happy to be proved wrong.

matty_f
19-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm happy enough to see Keatings sign again. Continuity is important IMHO, especially with a squad that has had success together. We need players with that experience and that affinity with the club and use that as a foundation to build from (again, IMHO).

I'd be happy to offset a marginal improvement in quality if it meant keeping a strong core of players that have that bond with the club and the support, and who can show any new talent coming in what it means to win a derby, or have a cup run, or deal with the big crowds at Easter Road etc.

I think it was important after the cup win last year that we kept the majority of that squad together as much as possible coming into the new season. The amount of goodwill that win generated, and the way that the support can now relate to the players, meant that even though we hobbled over the line crowds kept growing and we are much more forgiving and patient with the team than we ever were under any manager post-Mowbray and pre-Stubbs.

There is a balance, of course, but so long as there is enough room in the budget to still make improvements whilst keeping players who have played their part, then it's important to do so.

jacomo
19-04-2017, 11:40 AM
If Cummings leaves this summer, and none of the others are deemed good enough, we are potentially signing 4 new strikers this summer. That is too much.

We definitely need more goals in the team but I agree with others on here - continuity is important too.

I am happy for Keatings to stay - he's won some vital points for us and deserves a chance to show what he can do in the top flight.

Ozyhibby
19-04-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm happy enough to see Keatings sign again. Continuity is important IMHO, especially with a squad that has had success together. We need players with that experience and that affinity with the club and use that as a foundation to build from (again, IMHO).

I'd be happy to offset a marginal improvement in quality if it meant keeping a strong core of players that have that bond with the club and the support, and who can show any new talent coming in what it means to win a derby, or have a cup run, or deal with the big crowds at Easter Road etc.

I think it was important after the cup win last year that we kept the majority of that squad together as much as possible coming into the new season. The amount of goodwill that win generated, and the way that the support can now relate to the players, meant that even though we hobbled over the line crowds kept growing and we are much more forgiving and patient with the team than we ever were under any manager post-Mowbray and pre-Stubbs.

There is a balance, of course, but so long as there is enough room in the budget to still make improvements whilst keeping players who have played their part, then it's important to do so.

I agree, continuity is very important. We are a good side especially defensively and in the midfield. What we lack is a good goalscoring, creative midfielder and a goalscoring striker. These are expensive positions to fill so better to go for quality rather than having to sign half a squad.
Keatings is adequate back up.

AgentDaleCooper
19-04-2017, 01:05 PM
he's a great impact player IMO.

Lago
19-04-2017, 01:19 PM
he's a great impact player IMO.
Certainly is, well worth a new contract.

ancient hibee
19-04-2017, 02:49 PM
David Gray is a must keep. Great wing back.
Good full back.Poor wing back.

Brummie_Hibs
19-04-2017, 03:46 PM
If Cummings leaves then I expect Shaw will be given a 4 year development/career plan similar to Cummings. I would expect Holt to remain, or somebody like Kenny Miller to come in to mentor Shaw for a year.

I would also expect us to bring in a striker in their late 20s/early 30s to prepare to replace the oldie. Who that is I have no idea.

1van Sprou7e
19-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Good full back.Poor wing back.

Disagree. He arguably doesn't have the stamina to play as a wing-back week in week out but he has almost all the attributes you need to be good in that position

See his performance in the cup final as an example

J-C
19-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Disagree. He arguably doesn't have the stamina to play as a wing-back week in week out but he has almost all the attributes you need to be good in that position

See his performance in the cup final as an example

Did he not start out as a winger when he was younger?

Vault Boy
19-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Did he not start out as a winger when he was younger?

Was actually a striker at a young age too