https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/9a5ff43da70cb004efdd01e22db88f3d.jpg

Muir and Dallas get to watch from behind the goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
14-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Think he did last year's as well.

lyonhibs
14-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Dodged a bullet with Collum it has to be said.

mcfly
14-04-2017, 10:44 AM
I'd rather have Collum than Beaton.

Looks like madden will get the cup final as he appears to be the only top ref not included.

HibernianJK
14-04-2017, 10:51 AM
I'd rather have Collum than Beaton.

Looks like madden will get the cup final as he appears to be the only top ref not included.

McLean?

overdrive
14-04-2017, 10:53 AM
McLean?

He won't be allowed if we are in the final. Plus I'd doubt he'd get it twice in a row.

matty_f
14-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Beaton is horrendous.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-04-2017, 11:12 AM
I'd rather have Rudi f****ng Skacel than John Beaton.

lyonhibs
14-04-2017, 11:37 AM

That's as may be, but what about Willie Collum?.

I'd sooner take a cheese grater to my bellend then dip it in Sarsons vinegar than have Collum.

hibbysam
14-04-2017, 12:20 PM
It is extremely depressing looking at that list of names, Beaton, Muir, Dallas, Collum, Thomson, Walsh... not a referee between them.

HibernianJK
14-04-2017, 12:42 PM
He won't be allowed if we are in the final. Plus I'd doubt he'd get it twice in a row.

Why wouldn't he be allowed?

Countries best ref IMO should get every major final.

overdrive
14-04-2017, 12:43 PM

Countries best ref IMO should get every major final.

Not when his brother plays for one of the teams (us).

snooky
14-04-2017, 12:51 PM
(Ex) Season ticket holders are allowed to ref their fav teams though. :stirrer:

Saturday Boy
14-04-2017, 02:30 PM

I can just imagine the song: Rudi Skacel is a #*#*ing referee 😉

SouthMoroccoStu
14-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Because he is a good, fair ref that allowed us to beat the sfa's favourite club in last years final.

No one in the sfa has spoke to McLean in over a year. They are in a proper huff with him

overdrive
14-04-2017, 02:55 PM
(Ex) Season ticket holders are allowed to ref their fav teams though. :stirrer:

Indeed. Or former shareholders of a club running the line in one of their games.

JohnMcM
14-04-2017, 04:47 PM
I can just imagine the song: Rudi Skacel is a #*#*ing referee 😉

Hang on a sec. As soon as I pick my false teeth out of my rice pudding I'll post an answer to this beautiful play on words. :not worth

HibernianJK
19-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Really? Had no idea they were related. Fair enough, he's the best we've got IMO and not even close.

Smartie
19-04-2017, 01:08 PM
That's as may be, but what about Willie Collum?.

I'd sooner take a cheese grater to my bellend then dip it in Sarsons vinegar than have Collum.

I'm clearly not the uberfan I thought I was because I'd probably rather have a honking referee for a Hibs game than do that.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Beaton refereed the last round between Rangers and Hamilton which had 3 of the biggest refereeing howlers, (to the advantage of Rangers, obviously)ever seen.

The goalie's hand ball out the box and Garners kick at the Hamilton player inexplicably not given red cards and then a non penalty given to Rangers.

The howlers were so blatantly biased even the Daily Ranger made note of them in their headline.

Can anyone explain how instead of a sanction or demotion he is rewarded with a semi final???

Fergus52
19-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Beaton refereed the last round between Rangers and Hamilton which had 3 of the biggest refereeing howlers, (to the advantage of Rangers, obviously)ever seen.

The goalie's hand ball out the box and Garners kick at the Hamilton player inexplicably not given red cards and then a non penalty given to Rangers.

The howlers were so blatantly biased even the Daily Ranger made note of them in their headline.

Can anyone explain how instead of a sanction or demotion he is rewarded with a semi final???

He'll have a lot of important friends at his lodge.

where'stheslope
19-04-2017, 03:14 PM

He was probably doing what he was told by the powers that be, so big pat on the back.

Wonder what they will tell him for this game?

If a big Final crowd its us, if its prestige probably them????

fat freddy
19-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Hes a Hun but the good thing is Huns hate Sheep more than they hate Hibs, hopefully he has a nightmare and we are the benificeries of his cheating. The establishment will be looking for another Hibs Hun final as The Sheep will be viewed as a bigger threat than Hibs

The Green Goblin
19-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Beaton is horrendous.

:agree: A total nightmare. Always makes at least one catastrophic decision...

emerald green
19-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Alan Muir - I wonder if he will manage to see any Aberdeen players handling the ball in their own six yard box, should that happen?

Since90+2
19-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Hes a Hun but the good thing is Huns hate Sheep more than they hate Hibs, hopefully he has a nightmare and we are the benificeries of his cheating. The establishment will be looking for another Hibs Hun final as The Sheep will be viewed as a bigger threat than Hibs

Not sure about the first bit of your post, not these days!

malcolm
19-04-2017, 06:03 PM
'I'd sooner take a cheese grater to my bellend then dip it in Sarsons vinegar than have Collum'

I'm clearly not the uberfan I thought I was because I'd probably rather have a honking referee for a Hibs game than do that.

Maybe it depends on what he means by have :wink: