PDA

View Full Version : What will you miss about the wee grounds of the Championship?

aidzo
14-04-2017, 06:59 AM
The "Wasp-burgers" at Alloa? The solitary, household kettle for hot drinks at Cowdenbeath?

'mon the beers
14-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Steak bridies at East End Park.

That game up at Cowdenbeath a couple of Novembers ago will never leave me, peeing with rain and having to wait on the kettle to boil to get a hot drink 😂

HH81
14-04-2017, 07:07 AM
Queen of the South as it's closer to my house.

lucky
14-04-2017, 07:29 AM
Nothing. I've hated being in this league

KdyHby
14-04-2017, 07:57 AM
10 minute walk from the house to Starks Park to watch Hibs

H18 SFR
14-04-2017, 08:00 AM
I'll certainly not miss some of the rotten football on display.

Saying that, I'm hoping for Forfar away in a cup as I have done for a number of years as I'd like some Forfar Bridies.

FilipinoHibs
14-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Sweet FA. Thank God the embarrassment is nearly over.

HibernianJK
14-04-2017, 08:05 AM

That game up at Cowdenbeath a couple of Novembers ago will never leave me, peeing with rain and having to wait on the kettle to boil to get a hot drink 😂

Is is Stephens that does them? Sell them at the farm shop in Musselburgh and they are absolutely superb.

chinaman
14-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Pink face petes honest opinion and his roaster fans " platform dancing" at falkirk

SirDavidsNapper
14-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Not stadium related but I'll miss being in a title race. It's quite fun.

B.H.F.C
14-04-2017, 08:16 AM
All pretty cheap to get to on the train.

Big_Franck
14-04-2017, 08:17 AM
Sweet FA. Thank God the embarrassment is nearly over.

Agreed.

JDHibs
14-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Nothing, absolutely nothing.

However, seeing Houstons face when Keatings smashed that ball in late on, will never forget that, but thats it..

Keith_M
14-04-2017, 08:29 AM
The disgusting Portaloos at Ayr.

H18 SFR
14-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Not stadium related but I'll miss being in a title race. It's quite fun.

That is a very good point. I really hope next season unravels with some kind of battle for 'league territory'. Hopefully a Europa League space.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2017, 09:07 AM
For those that miss the ramshackle stadiums that only have three stands there will still be tynecastle.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Radium
14-04-2017, 09:12 AM
... generally going to the games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon (although the Friday night slot has been good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fat freddy
14-04-2017, 09:30 AM
... generally going to the games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon (although the Friday night slot has been good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be the biggest miss, We've probably taken the 3pm saturday starts for granted over the last few seasons but we can look forward to last minute re scheduling of our matches and sunday 12.15 kick offs when we go up.

O'Rourke3
14-04-2017, 09:30 AM
I'm always reminded of Capstick comes home when we do these threads. The last verse for me...

We'd lots o' things in them days they 'aven't got today - rickets, diptheria, Hitler and my, we did look well goin' to school wi' no backside in us trousers an' all us little 'eads painted purple because we 'ad ringworm.
They don't know they're born today!!!

I'd miss the 20th Century.....

Onion
14-04-2017, 09:48 AM
I'll miss the honesty. Fans of smaller clubs are proper football fans who support their local team for reasons other than glory, bigotry or fashion. IMO smaller teams should be given much more financial support by Gov or the richer clubs ( esp in England) as they form the heart of communities and help give towns identity.

Borderhibbie76
14-04-2017, 09:49 AM

That wet Nov day will stay with me forever mate...my.coat is still drying out lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
14-04-2017, 09:53 AM
I'll miss the honesty. Fans of smaller clubs are proper football fans who support their local team for reasons other than glory, bigotry or fashion. IMO smaller teams should be given much more financial support by Gov or the richer clubs ( esp in England) as they form the heart of communities and help give towns identity.

:agree::top marks

14-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Its been nice to experience some grounds i'd never been to before but other than that nothing. So glad we are just about to leave this league, we should never have fallen so far in the first place but many wrongs have been corrected now and lets hope we never see ourselves down here again.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Terracing.

Diclonius
14-04-2017, 10:02 AM
**** all.

I barely went to any away games in any case so there isn't much to miss.

jgl07
14-04-2017, 10:22 AM
For those that miss the ramshackle stadiums that only have three stands there will still be tynecastle.

And Partick Thistle and Inverness.

And Hamilton!

Edit: Forgot Hamilton only had two stands.

.Sean.
14-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Standing in designated standing areas as opposed to scraping your shins on the back of a plastic seat.

If anything the last three years have really broadened my horizons as to why we should have a bigger premier league.. Falkirk, Morton, Dundee United and Dunfermline would all add to the top flight. Those teams mentioned plus Hibs and take away the biggest tinpot club going from the top tier - Hamilton - would be a brilliant top 16.

Hiber-nation
14-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Ease of travel and parking and the pies.

Ayr's Boaby Pie was a rare treat.

lucky
14-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Can't agree with this. How are you judging honesty? Some of grounds we've visited and their fans have been vile. There chants about homophobia, shouts of racism and implying we are junkies hardly puts them in a good light. As for govt money, surely money can be spent on better things that football clubs. If you want to give towns an identity then the government should be spending money on creating jobs and housing to build communities not on football clubs.
As for supporting local teams, why? The Hibs support comes from all over Scotland predominantly Edinburgh but whose who move away for work or family reasons must change their allegiance due to their location. Fans pick their team for a variety of reasons, location is just one.

Lago
14-04-2017, 10:47 AM
10 minute walk from the house to Starks Park to watch Hibs
10 mins in car for me:greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Nothing at all, I'm just glad it's finally over and looking forward to being back to where we belong.

Lago
14-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Can't agree with this. How are you judging honesty? Some of grounds we've visited and their fans have been vile. There chants about homophobia, shouts of racism and implying we are junkies hardly puts them in a good light. As for govt money, surely money can be spent on better things that football clubs. If you want to give towns an identity then the government should be spending money on creating jobs and housing to build communities not on football clubs.
As for supporting local teams, why? The Hibs support comes from all over Scotland predominantly Edinburgh but whose who move away for work or family reasons must change their allegiance due to their location. Fans pick their team for a variety of reasons, location is just one.
You have turned what was a fairly light hearted thread into a political rant for some reason, chill.

'mon the beers
14-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Is is Stephens that does them? Sell them at the farm shop in Musselburgh and they are absolutely superb.

It is mate, they are magic

sboothibs
14-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Quite liked the standing terrance again. Although my old legs will tell you differently. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
14-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Getting the train through to places like Alloa and Dunfermline and having a drink with the locals

SChibs
14-04-2017, 12:11 PM
I've liked visiting some older stadiums and most places have had cheap tickets, cheap trains and cheap pints. What's not to like??

Seveno
14-04-2017, 12:19 PM
I like going to Dunfermline. Good ground, easy to get to and those steak bridies.

Smartie
14-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Standing at games and going to good wee grounds like Cappielow and Somerset Park on nice days.

I won't miss getting pished on out in the open at Central Park.

I'll miss the glorious feeling of a last minute winner against Peter Houston.

I won't miss losing important players for big games because of International duty.

I'll miss not having to have Rangers and Celtic visit.

snooky
14-04-2017, 12:54 PM
BTW, we're still not out of it so I'm not missing anything till we are.

Lago
14-04-2017, 12:56 PM
:top marks
BTW, we're still not out of it so I'm not missing anything till we are.

dangermouse
14-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Chips, cheese and curry sauce at Ayr :greengrin Looking forward to horsing the Jambo's four times a season instead :wink:

Stoney Hibee
14-04-2017, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE='mon the beers;5008695]Steak bridies at East End Park.

took the words out of my mouth!!

jgl07
14-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Is there that much difference between Championship stadiums and the Premiership?

Alloa and Cowdenbeath have gone.

Give me East End Park, Falkirk Stadium (certainly when it's finished), Palmerston, Starks Park, St Mirren Park and even Tannerdice any time as against Hamilton, Caledonian Stadium, and Dens Park.

OK Somerset Park and Cappielow are crumbing but have some old fashioned charm about them. I have not been to the Boghead replacement so can't comment on that.

Tynecastle, Fir Park and Pittordie are all pretty rank. Rugby Park was designed for midgets with no legs so they could squeeze more seats in that are never needed. Firrhill is just a bit weird.

Celtic Park is generally good but the away support get put in a crappy bit with restricted views.

Besides the away ground I have been to most over the last three years is Queens Park! That will not change.

lucky
14-04-2017, 03:40 PM
You have turned what was a fairly light hearted thread into a political rant for some reason, chill.

I'm chilled just responded to a post saying the government should spend money on football clubs. FFS there's a rammy on here every time ECC are favourable to Hearts never mind giving money to clubs

Craig_HFC
14-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Standing in designated standing areas as opposed to scraping your shins on the back of a plastic seat.

If anything the last three years have really broadened my horizons as to why we should have a bigger premier league.. Falkirk, Morton, Dundee United and Dunfermline would all add to the top flight. Those teams mentioned plus Hibs and take away the biggest tinpot club going from the top tier - Hamilton - would be a brilliant top 16.

Agree with this completely.

mim
14-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Travelling to Ayr, Paisley, Dumbarton, Greenock and Dumfries (as well as the places fairly local to me - Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline) has been an absolute joy.:agree:

If anyone thinks I've forgotten Falkirk, I haven't. What a ****** dump :na na:

I don't go to Tynecastle or Ibrox, so not sure that my away trips will be as good next season.

I hope Inverness stay up (great trip) and Hamilton and Kilmarnock both take their plastic pitches down with them. :bye:

Still Smiling
14-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Will miss every game being meaningful.

snooky
14-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm always reminded of Capstick comes home when we do these threads. The last verse for me...

We'd lots o' things in them days they 'aven't got today - rickets, diptheria, Hitler and my, we did look well goin' to school wi' no backside in us trousers an' all us little 'eads painted purple because we 'ad ringworm.
They don't know they're born today!!!

I'd miss the 20th Century.....

You're wheeched back to the 17th one when you go to Ibrox.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Would like to keep it as a memory that things actually can go badly wrong for a club of our size and that we should never ever let it happen again.

tartanhibee
14-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Cheap child tickets some grounds even free (Falkirk,Morton)

macd123
14-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't want to stay but I've loved every minute. It's been a change of scenery and the last 12 months have been easily the best in my 35 years supporting Hibs.

Keith_M
15-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Cheap child tickets some grounds even free (Falkirk,Morton)

Don't Thistle have cheap tickets for kids?

:dunno:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Starting the season knowing we have a realistic chance of winning the league.

bod
15-04-2017, 11:05 AM
I'll miss Saturday 3pm kick offs the most

bigwheel
15-04-2017, 11:22 AM
I'll miss Saturday 3pm kick offs the most

That's actually such a great point. Football when it's meant to be [emoji106]

emerald green
15-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Zilch. The sooner Hibs are out of here the better.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Ayr's Boaby Pie.

That's an unfortunate name for a foodstuff.

SonOfDavidFrancey
15-04-2017, 10:48 PM
See the Scotsman is claiming this thread as their own research

OP = Oor Aidan?

snedzuk
15-04-2017, 11:12 PM
That's an unfortunate name for a foodstuff.

Should see the sauce!