PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Ayr for semi

PatHead
13-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Son is getting married on the Friday. So can't get to the semi due to drinking and not being able to drive. As Ayr is hun central does anyone know of a pub I can watch it in?

ClewsHibs
13-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Smiths will more than likely be showing it. Decent pub lunch aswell.

monktonharp
13-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Son is getting married on the Friday. So can't get to the semi due to drinking and not being able to drive. As Ayr is hun central does anyone know of a pub I can watch it in?not you getting married though, ? get a train and get yersel topped up from the night before on the way up:greengrin

H18 SFR
13-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Hey PatHead, I live in Ayr, it is generally Hun central. Avoid the following like the plague:

Red Stone; Rabbies; Anchor; Central; Smugglers

Better Neutral Pubs; Harry's bar; Twa Dugs; Market Inn

I'd personally go to the Market Inn - that's where my Ayr fans mates drink and there is a Celtic bus that leaves from there. Every time I go I put sunshine on leith on - always well received.

13-04-2017, 07:37 PM
not you getting married though, ? get a train and get yersel topped up from the night before on the way up:greengrin

This is the correct answer.

PatHead
13-04-2017, 07:52 PM
not you getting married though, ? get a train and get yersel topped up from the night before on the way up:greengrin

Wish life was that simple. Got family over from Canada who fly out that day at 5pm. Can't just bump them if they come for the weekend. Wish we were playing Ayr a week earlier

PatHead
13-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Hey PatHead, I live in Ayr, it is generally Hun central. Avoid the following like the plague:

I'd personally go to the Market Inn - that's where my Ayr fans mates drink and there is a Celtic bus that leaves from there. Every time I go I put sunshine on leith on - always well received.
Thanks for that. Will aim for there. Is it woman friendly

monktonharp
13-04-2017, 07:54 PM

I'd personally go to the Market Inn - that's where my Ayr fans mates drink and there is a Celtic bus that leaves from there. Every time I go I put sunshine on leith on - always well received.sounds like very good advice there mate:thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
13-04-2017, 11:39 PM
The month of June is for weddings K. Poor show. I blame the (male) parent 😉 Hope you've nothing booked for the final!

H18 SFR
14-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks for that. Will aim for there. Is it woman friendly

Yeah, she will be made welcome. They sometimes fire out filled rolls etc too I meant to say.

ardecos
14-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Yeah, she will be made welcome. They sometimes fire out filled rolls etc too I meant to say.

I'm from Ayr but haven't lived there for over 30 years. In my day the Market Inn was very traditional, somewhere my dad went to drink, not to enjoy himself. Hopefully changed a bit now. Most of the pubs in the Sandgate are pretty neutral, although the Wetherspoons pub doesn't have TV (I can't remember its name but I was christened there when it was a church).

H18 SFR
14-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I'm from Ayr but haven't lived there for over 30 years. In my day the Market Inn was very traditional, somewhere my dad went to drink, not to enjoy himself. Hopefully changed a bit now. Most of the pubs in the Sandgate are pretty neutral, although the Wetherspoons pub doesn't have TV (I can't remember its name but I was christened there when it was a church).

The Westkirk. There are now only two pubs that way, the aforementioned and Billy Bridges.

Mick O'Rourke
14-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Willie Wastles in New Bridge Street
Pal of mine(Hibby) who lived in Ayr for 20 odd years used this pub regularly.
I was there, before and after the last league game we played down there.
Made very welcome by staff and locals.
Plenty screens for football.
" Celtic minded" pub(if it helps)
So, no issues there for a Hibernian.