PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound Houston

ekhibee
13-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Well, he was on tonight (13/4/17) having digs at Hibs again. If anybody can really be bothered it'll be on the podcast. He also seemed to think they'd be challenging Hibs if they'd played to the same standard as last season. His words.

B.H.F.C
13-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Can't stand him. But he's right about that given the number of points we've dropped.

bingo70
13-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Well, he was on tonight (13/4/17) having digs at Hibs again. If anybody can really be bothered it'll be on the podcast. He also seemed to think they'd be challenging Hibs if they'd played to the same standard as last season. His words.

Tbf the second last sentence is probably right. If any team had put a constant run together we could have been in bother.

bigwheel
13-04-2017, 07:04 PM

I didn't hear it. But actually that last point is true - Falkirk of last season vs us of this season - they may well have won the league - certainly their points total last year would suggest that

Famous Fiver
13-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Ifs and buts.

You've just got to shake your head at him. Said nothing about the refereeing decisions that were so critical, could only go on about 'resources'. This from a club who didn't have topay for their ground, training complex, nowt.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. WE ARE GOING UP.

Houston, you have got a problem.

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 07:09 PM

But they didn't. If we played as well as we could we would have blown everyone out the water. He's a bitter, pathetic, ugly, baldy excuse of a human being. His team will be playing in the second tier again next season.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2017, 07:10 PM

If never ever won nuffin' ....... If we scored with 1 out of every 3 shots at goal we created we would have won the league 6 weeks ago. If the ref hadn't ignored a blatant hand ball in the first leg of last seasons play off semi it would have been us in the final and not Falkirk. If his team hadn't failed to beat us in 4 attempts this season they would have been in contention ..... if. if ,if :greengrin

matty_f
13-04-2017, 07:11 PM
**** Peter Houston.

Carheenlea
13-04-2017, 07:13 PM
If they played to the same standards as last season they'd be challenging us, but they haven't. Cheers for a fascinating insight Peter :aok:

Peevemor
13-04-2017, 07:13 PM
**** Peter Houston.
I concur.

greenlex
13-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Hes right. The other side of the coin is if the Hibs team of last year with the Scottish cup tucked away was playing this year I doubt Falkirk of last year never mind this year would be above them. If's and BUTTS.

Broken Gnome
13-04-2017, 07:14 PM
The Falkirk fanzine column in today's column pleasingly contained the word 'bitter' in reference to Hibs.

Delighted that the one solitary victorious moment we've had of late, most important moment of the whole season, was against them.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Is hoosty accepting any of the blame for his anti football team seemingly regressing?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Onion
13-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Houston has reached his level and will vanish once Hibs disappear over the horizon into the Prem. He knows that by mentioning Hibs he'll get coverage.

Just like the Yams, we define Houston. Without us, his life is meaningless.

Diclonius
13-04-2017, 07:23 PM
P4 W0 D1 L3

Shut it.

brianmc
13-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Surely everyone must remember Houston's comments after his Dundee Utd team beat little old Ross County in the 2010 Scottish Cup final???
You know, when he came out and said how there wasn't really any glory for a team the size of United beating a team from a Highland village of 5000 souls?
And how it was only expected because of the massive financial resources he had at his disposal against the "teuchter's" home grown rabble??

What's that you say??

He NEVER said any of that.... And just lapped up all the plaudits going his way (some may suggest he's STILL living off the reputation that result gained him). Wow, what a surprise.

Perhaps he is just a f*****g obnoxious throbber after all eh?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Everything is always someone else's fault. If his team are as good as he says then they will win the play offs and be in the SPL next season. Guess that it is our fault that they stuffed that up last season as well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Ifs and buts.

If his defender wasn't playing basketball in the play-off game we might not have been playing them at all this season. Did he mention that? Did he heck.

Absolute welt

Jim44
13-04-2017, 07:31 PM
If they played to the same standards as last season they'd be challenging us, but they haven't. Cheers for a fascinating insight Peter :aok:

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :greengrin I've been disappointed with our performances this season but I really think that, if we had been really pushed by one of the contenders, we would have stepped up to the plate.

monktonharp
13-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Ifs and buts.

You've just got to shake your head at him. Said nothing about the refereeing decisions that were so critical, could only go on about 'resources'. This from a club who didn't have topay for their ground, training complex, nowt.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. WE ARE GOING UP.

Houston, you have got a problem.exactly. also the manner in which they played their game. last game v us at ER is a constant. they played last year, with football only introduced to their matches in the last 10 mins, and most of that was dead ball high punts into the box

13-04-2017, 07:36 PM
He's devastated that him and his club will be an irrelevance to us next year.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2017, 07:41 PM
If my dad had a pair of breasts, he would be my mum.

He doesn't so he's not.

Fact is, Falkirk haven't been good enough to beat us to the title this year, despite us being poor for the majority of the season and drawing 40% of our matches so far.

Good luck in the play offs. :aok:

Fergos
13-04-2017, 08:25 PM
P4 W0 D1 L3

Shut it.

Perfectly put.

GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I didn't hear it. But actually that last point is true - Falkirk of last season vs us of this season - they may well have won the league - certainly their points total last year would suggest that
Maybe if they had offered a stronger challenge we'd have upped our game...all ifs buts and maybes. They r staying doon...enjoy the play offs tomato heid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
13-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Got to be said Keatsy bending that shot into the top corner a month ago was pure karma. GIRUY.

cammy1969
13-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Canny even see them winning play offs think Utd will come good and win the play offs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poolman
13-04-2017, 08:41 PM

IF is only two letters but a big word

Stax
13-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Maybe if Houston tries to send out a team to try and win a game of football, they might be in with a shout. Instead of trying to 'break up to play' 'setting out their stall' and other much loved cliches of Scottish football. Houstons a roaster and the Scottish media are as much to blame for giving him time to grind his many axes.

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 08:49 PM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :greengrin I've been disappointed with our performances this season but I really think that, if we had been really pushed by one of the contenders, we would have stepped up to the plate.

That's exactly how I look at it. Our problem has been that we've been in comfort mode since the Dundee Utd game.

JimBHibees
13-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Maybe he might have done better if he didn't send his team out to kick and spoil as his team used to play decent football however are just a pub team now. Hey ho. :greengrin

Big L
13-04-2017, 08:51 PM
A bitter yam! But I do think Falkirk will win the play offs. Morton have gone of the boil and I just don't see Dun Utd doing it.

13-04-2017, 08:51 PM
The key to not letting loathsome jambo roasters like Houston get to you is imagining their coupon as David Gray met that header.

My most hated jambo is Foulkes but every time I think of him watching that goal makes me smile.

JimBHibees
13-04-2017, 08:53 PM
That's exactly how I look at it. Our problem has been that we've been in comfort mode since the Dundee Utd game.

Think that's right plus beating Falkirk.

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Think that's right plus beating Falkirk.
:agree: That and the win against Utd have been the crucial results in the final quarter.

Deansy
13-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Of course he's bitter'n twisted - manager of a football-team that aint ever going anywhere while his true love, Hearts .......... well, charitable to say the outlook there isn't good, either.

Ringothedog
13-04-2017, 10:19 PM
A bitter yam! But I do think Falkirk will win the play offs. Morton have gone of the boil and I just don't see Dun Utd doing it.

They will not beat the premiership team

cammy1969
13-04-2017, 10:20 PM
A team that doesn't deserve to come up never try to play football against us at least Utd tried to play against us just we were better team anti football deserve to be rewarded people work hard to get money to watch games and be entertained and that's not his way hope they get humped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
13-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Hertz dick :greengrin

Glory Lurker
13-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Your defence is terrified, Keatsy's on fire.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-04-2017, 04:37 AM
Hertz dick :greengrin

I appreciate he played for them but I was surprised whenSomeone told me he's actually a Celtic fan

Amazing when he practically the personification of that club

SouthMoroccoStu
14-04-2017, 04:39 AM
Surely everyone must remember Houston's comments after his Dundee Utd team beat little old Ross County in the 2010 Scottish Cup final???
You know, when he came out and said how there wasn't really any glory for a team the size of United beating a team from a Highland village of 5000 souls?
And how it was only expected because of the massive financial resources he had at his disposal against the "teuchter's" home grown rabble??

What's that you say??

He NEVER said any of that.... And just lapped up all the plaudits going his way (some may suggest he's STILL living off the reputation that result gained him). Wow, what a surprise.

Post of the week

IGRIGI
14-04-2017, 06:02 AM
In his defence he has to make the most of the opportunity to act as if we're rivals in these final weeks before returning to playing mickey mouse teams all season long.

Aldo
14-04-2017, 06:16 AM
The grade a yam roaster fud will never ever have anything positive to say about Hibs! Bitter, twisted and you can sense the seethe after every game against us.

Tbh who gives a flying F what the loser has to say!

I for one hope they stay in this league for a long long time!

Davy Mac
14-04-2017, 07:24 AM
I appreciate he played for them but I was surprised whenSomeone told me he's actually a Celtic fan

Amazing when he practically the personification of that club

Yes, he is a Celtic fan.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-04-2017, 07:54 AM

What's that you say??

Perfect summation

ronaldo7
14-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Stubbsy done us a massive favour(again) when he signed Will Vaulks from them. Vaulks was the driving force in the Falkirk midfield, and they took the cash rather than try and keep the player, only to replace him with another Hibernian ex, John Rankin.

Maybe Houston doesn't really have the final say at Falkirk at all. :greengrin

Sioux
14-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Falkirk and that hertz prat have only been in the news because of us hertz and huns being in that division. Next season that's gone. The championship will be back on the media's ignore list. Falkirk will be one of the teams with most resources and he'll have no excuses left to account for his failure. His jacket will be on a shoogly peg.

Houston GTF.

JDHibs
14-04-2017, 08:48 AM
IF they had played like they did last season...

**** me, IF Hibs had played all their games at their potential, we would have won this league long ago!

Unbeaten against that shower of s***e this season!

Good bye Houston, you wont be getting up anytime soon!

gazathehibby
14-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Who cares about Falkirk and how they played last season against this season, Houston just likes to hear his own voice. we are hibs and we are going up 🇳🇬

Big L
14-04-2017, 09:05 AM
They will not beat the premiership team

Not that it concerns me greatly, but I don't think Falkirk will be to worried about playing Dundee or Hamilton should they be the opposition!

DarlingtonHibee
14-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Just listened to the podcast, best one liner was from John Rankiin saying - "off course Cathro should take advice from Craig, after all he was National manager_look where that got us!!

Tobias Funke
14-04-2017, 09:20 AM
P4 W0 D1 L3

Shut it.

:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2017, 09:21 AM
He has had his time at a team with" resources"at Dundee United an look how that ended. All this guff is just his out-poring of his frustrations. No slight on Falkirk as a club, as I think that they have a good set-up, but Houston won't be on a fortune there, and any team with " resources", that were looking for a manager could afford to buy him out of his contract.

14-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Couldn't care less what that clown has to say. Bitter, classless and constantly foaming at the mouth especially when it comes to anything to do with hibs. I love that we are such a constant thorn in his side. He absolutely hates hibs and would rather slit his wrists than give us any sort of credit which makes it all the sweeter when we beat his team of utter thugs.

A classless, ungracious winner and an incredibly bitter loser. Sums up everything it means to be hearts class. The guys a total embarrassment and so are his club. Their fans are up their with the most cringeworthy, desperate to create some sort of rivalry with us. Hope they never come up, would much rather Dundee Utd won the play-offs.

14-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Who cares about Falkirk and how they played last season against this season, Houston just likes to hear his own voice. we are hibs and we are going up 🇳🇬

Exactly, all ifs, buts and maybes.

GreenOnions
14-04-2017, 03:38 PM
At the end of the day Hibs have done what's necessary. In the key games the players have stepped up to the plate such as recently against DUFC and Morton. If any of our challengers had pushed us harder I feel we would have responded. Houston is doing what anyone in his position would do - painting his efforts in the best possible light.