PDA

View Full Version : Mixu

givescotlandfreedom
13-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Showed him on BT Sport there chatting with Alex Ferguson in Berligium for the Man United game. Wonder was he's up to.

Enough said
13-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Showed him on BT Sport there chatting with Alex Ferguson in Berligium for the Man United game. Wonder was he's up to.

Does a lot of scouting for clubs

hfc rd
13-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Does a lot of scouting for clubs

Which clubs?

Sammy7nil
13-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Which clubs?

Elgin and Ross County

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Hibs legend. I'll never forget his performance in the 6-2 game. I always remember the cross coming in for his hat trick. As soon as the ball came in I remember shouting MIXU as I just knew he was going to be on the end if. Great night, great player.

Glory Lurker
13-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Hibs legend. I'll never forget his performance in the 6-2 game. I always remember the cross coming in for his hat trick. As soon as the ball came in I remember shouting MIXU as I just knew he was going to be on the end if. Great night, great player.

Yip :agree:. And was of course his fourth goal of the night.

He is a legend. :not worth

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Yip :agree:. And was of course his fourth goal of the night.

He is a legend. :not worth
You're right, there was nothing wrong with his other goal.

Dunbar Hibee
13-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Legend

MountcastleHibs
13-04-2017, 11:38 PM
He's been working as an analyst for UEFA since Euro 2016 so possibly related to that!

pacorosssco
14-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Legend

Yes a Legend but funny how times change opinion. Most thought too slow over hill return to SPL and was booed loudly at times. 6 2 game and love of club changed memories. Just saying and compare team div 1 then v now. Latapy Sauzee incredible

Hulk1875
14-04-2017, 03:38 AM
I went to Drummond high school, a group of us would stand outside his house singing " mixu paatelainen what a ****ing signing " on our lunch break he stayed just over from it, he'd also come over with his son to the Astro and have kick about with us top guy, very down to earth..

LaMotta
14-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Yes a Legend but funny how times change opinion. Most thought too slow over hill return to SPL and was booed loudly at times. 6 2 game and love of club changed memories. Just saying and compare team div 1 then v now. Latapy Sauzee incredible

I remember the apathy when he signed but dont remember any booing of him??

He was quick to be a favourite that season in the 1st div....would say the six two game majorly enhanced rather than changed memories!

Iggy Pope
14-04-2017, 02:17 PM

Absolute garbage. Never did Hibs a bad turn in his puff and was never booed.

Roxyhibee
14-04-2017, 03:08 PM

Cannot ever recall Mixu being loudly booed.?!!

Apart from the fact he played in a team which gave Hibs fans a fantastic amount of pleasure, he was recognised as a clever, committed important player for us and hugely admired long before the 6-2 night.

We used to often talk post match how his intelligent play had edged us the 1-0's / 2-1's.

That chipped penalty in the final minute against the Cheats to deny us another deserved victory though - MIXU, FFS.!!

Legend who should always be warmly welcomed back.

heretoday
14-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Great bloke Mixu. He wasn't the best manager but no one ever accused him of not caring.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Cannot ever recall Mixu being loudly booed.?!!

Apart from the fact he played in a team which gave Hibs fans a fantastic amount of pleasure, he was recognised as a clever, committed important player for us and hugely admired long before the 6-2 night.

We used to often talk post match how his intelligent play had edged us the 1-0's / 2-1's.

That chipped penalty in the final minute against the Cheats to deny us another deserved victory though - MIXU, FFS.!!

Legend who should always be warmly welcomed back.

Agree with everything you say mate, although I do remember hearing him getting a hard time from a fair few 'fans'. It wasn't the whole stadium booing because most folk have respect for him as per the reasons you gave, or at least enough common curtesy to control themselves in public, but there was a good few of the angry moaning type giving him some pretty healthy abuse. I'd say he got it as tight as Yogi (who also didn't deserve it for similar reasons) but a lot less than Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher.

I always liked Mixu as a player and think he comes across well on tv. With the benefit of hindsight, he wasn't that bad a manager either.