PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year awards £114!

Still Smiling
13-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Surely an event like this should be priced to ensure all fans can go along! Or have a draw of all season ticket holders and give a few away free!

Sammy7nil
13-04-2017, 06:14 PM
If this is an official Hibs event it does seem a bit steep. I take it Hearts are charging £1140:wink:

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Is it a free bar?

Sir David Gray
13-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Clearly been priced in reference to a recent hoodoo that's been smashed.

I look forward to next year's ceremony costing £1.

Stantons Angel
13-04-2017, 08:08 PM
This evening has been advertised for over a month now and i must agree that the price does put the ordinary supporter off going.

Especially when you consider the recent Hall of Fame Dinner at the George Hotel was priced at £79 and most tables were inaccessible to the ordinary supporter if you were not taking a sponsor's table. Only when no more sponsors came forward where seats offered to the ordinary supporters at the last minute.

A recent player of the year event at the HSA was priced at £35 for a three course meal, speakers and most of the first team players present with the CEO Chairman and the manager attending too.

The £114 will granted take place in more salubrious surroundings but at that price we would probably be paying for the players meal too.......

Again it would seem that the ordinary supporter would probably stay away, put off by the ticket price, drink prices at the venue, the cost of hiring a dinner suit etc!

Anyway its sure to be a good night if you can afford it!

Hermit Crab
13-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Surely an event like this should be priced to ensure all fans can go along! Or have a draw of all season ticket holders and give a few away free!

Ram it at that price.

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 10:38 PM
£114 is ridiculous. They obviously don't want the average fan to attend. I wish I hadn't voted now as I feel cheapened by doing so. I'm allowed to have an opinion, but if if I want to attend I'm ****ed.

superfurryhibby
14-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Whilst all in favour of the club maximising commercial opportunities, this does seem a bit ridiculous. A bot of a miscalculation methinks. Poor show on this one.

Brightside
14-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Its been advertised for yonks. If you don't want to go don't go. :wink:

Since90+2
14-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Read that myself and though it was massively overpriced.

Think you get an arrival drink , 3 course meal and a half bottle of wine included so the markup will be massive.

Given the backing the fans have shown the club over the season would have been nice for Hibs to make the event more financially viable for your average fan.

lucky
14-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Why is it not at the ground? Seems an opportunity lost by the club

Onion
14-04-2017, 09:38 AM
The way this league has gone, we'll likely win it with a frustrating come-from- behind draw and others failing to win. Hibs have made it more "exciting" than it needed to be 😏