PDA

View Full Version : Yams I've done things!

Ozyhibby
13-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Cathro just said on the radio 'I've done things'.
I think it's time we start to show him some respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malcolm
13-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Yeah but has he been places?

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Nah, not until he's also been places.

overdrive
13-04-2017, 05:48 PM
He's certainly "strugglin'"

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 05:54 PM
He's been in the eurovision song contest and even Billy Broon never dun that hings
https://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Speedway
13-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Some gold in here:

Hearts: Ian Cathro welcomes owner Ann Budge's clarification about Craig Levein
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39589865

HFCdeb
13-04-2017, 06:02 PM
While Cathro believes that the Europa League would become a benchmark for the club's progress, he questioned whether they were ready to make an impact next season.

"What's important in that situation is that we arrive at that point when we are ready to compete," he added.

"Right now, there are other things that are priorities, but I see that as a very valid measuring stick that we'll work towards.

"I don't talk about a couple of games in June and 'oh nearly'. I am talking seriously about Europa League.

"Are we ready for that? Not sure. But that is definitely something that has to be an ambition of ours."

Good God almighty 😂😂

NZ Green
Sounds like he's having Vietnam flashbacks. He needs to stop falling asleep to Apocalypse Now.

fat freddy
He has done things, he's invented a new language, Cathrolian, a mixture of Spanglish and Eggy Language mixed with Teletubby noises in a broad Dundee accent. Loads of Jambos are learning it and a few on Kickback are fluent.

KDY Hibs
13-04-2017, 06:05 PM
He has done things, he's invented a new language, Cathrolian, a mixture of Spanglish and Eggy Language mixed with Teletubby noises in a broad Dundee accent. Loads of Jambos are learning it and a few on Kickback are fluent.

Brilliant!

Dan Sarf
13-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Some gold in here:

Hearts: Ian Cathro welcomes owner Ann Budge's clarification about Craig Levein
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39589865

"Right now, there are other things that are priorities, but I see that as a very valid measuring stick that we'll work towards."
Why aren't we working towards a measuring stick? Petrie!

Diclonius
13-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Yeah, but has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

onfire
13-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Love it!! So true and so funny

HFCdeb
13-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

😂😂😂

worcesterhibby
13-04-2017, 06:19 PM
I love that Budge Claims he is articulate with a sentence that is anything but articulate..she's got a few too many "ands" in there.

" Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things."

Pete
13-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Is he boasting or was it some sort of confession?

13-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Cathro sometimes makes me question my sanity and wonder if the language I've spoken all my life is some weird mirage that I haven't mastered.

Peevemor
13-04-2017, 06:31 PM
"I don't use that as something to try to get close to almost sounding like an excuse for not getting the start or results that we would want."

Indubitably!

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Is he boasting or was it some sort of confession?

My money's on the latter. He looks the quiet psychopathic type.

emerald green
13-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Cathro must stay, and do more things. Like take them down next season.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Cathro must stay, and do more things. Like take them down next season.
Agree, I like the idea that Potter will be sending him wee post it notes during games to help him make decisions and we all get to see how long they'll put up with it for.

Tha Cabbage Kid
13-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Yeah but has he been places?
Hahahaha

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Feed McGraw
13-04-2017, 06:47 PM
He has done things, he's invented a new language, Cathrolian, a mixture of Spanglish and Eggy Language mixed with Teletubby noises in a broad Dundee accent. Loads of Jambos are learning it and a few on Kickback are fluent. Hegge eggis egga fegguckeggin meggoreggon !! :greengrin

Cat Stanton
13-04-2017, 06:54 PM
"I don't use that as something to try to get close to almost sounding like an excuse for not getting the start or results that we would want."

Indubitably!

I sometimes wonder - in my more charitable moments - if, perhaps, journalists are starting to have fun with Cathro? I mean in the sense that if other inarticulate (albeit less weirdly as Cathro) managers spout pish (not an unknown occurrence), they maybe do them the favour of translating it into English before printing it, whereas with Cathro they ensure they print it word for word just for a laugh...?

But maybe I am indeed being overly charitable, and in danger of spouting a similar level of sh*te as the man himself..

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I sometimes wonder - in my more charitable moments - if, perhaps, journalists are starting to have fun with Cathro? I mean in the sense that if other inarticulate (albeit less weirdly as Cathro) managers spout pish (not an unknown occurrence), they maybe do them the favour of translating it into English before printing it, whereas with Cathro they ensure they print it word for word just for a laugh...?

But maybe I am indeed being overly charitable, and in danger of spouting a similar level of sh*te as the man himself..
I think he makes it impossible to translate in to normal English

Cat Stanton
13-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I think he makes it impossible to translate in to normal English

You're probably right.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2017, 07:03 PM
While Cathro believes that the Europa League would become a benchmark for the club's progress, he questioned whether they were ready to make an impact next season.

"What's important in that situation is that we arrive at that point when we are ready to compete," he added.

"Right now, there are other things that are priorities, but I see that as a very valid measuring stick that we'll work towards.

"I don't talk about a couple of games in June and 'oh nearly'. I am talking seriously about Europa League.

"Are we ready for that? Not sure. But that is definitely something that has to be an ambition of ours."

Good God almighty 😂😂

"Not sure" ............ They are about as close to making a dent in the Europa league as Hibs are of making it to the last 4 of the Champions league ..... how can he be "not sure" :faf:

Peevemor
13-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Obviously reporters are going to 'tidy up' what players and managers say when it comes to local dialects. Cathro's problem is that he tries too hard. If he'd just be himself he wouldn't be anything like as ridiculous.

AltheHibby
13-04-2017, 07:43 PM
If he'd just be himself he wouldn't be anything like as ridiculous.

Perhaps he IS just being himself?

Sir David Gray
13-04-2017, 07:46 PM
"Not sure" ............ They are about as close to making a dent in the Europa league as Hibs are of making it to the last 4 of the Champions league ..... how can he be "not sure" :faf:

I think this tells you all that you need to know in order to answer that particular question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

Peevemor
13-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Perhaps he IS just being himself?
Then he has problems and is definitely in the wrong job. Management is about communication. Cathro's communication with the media is woeful and if he speaks to his squad in the same manner then it's no wonder they're struggling.

SvenNeil
13-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Ian Cathro - Sparryheid-in-Chief

HFCdeb
13-04-2017, 08:08 PM

It's ok.

sambajustice
13-04-2017, 08:09 PM
The guy is getting too much stick to be honest and just wants to get on with his job. Therefore, even though he's a yam I want to offer him my contrafribbliarities and hope that we as fans don't cause him any more pericombubulation!

Slavoj Zizek
13-04-2017, 08:09 PM
This is a decent town and a local shop. In all seriousness who on this forum wanted him as manager... :confused:

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Ian Cathro - Sparryheid-in-Chief

That should be his official title

lord bunberry
13-04-2017, 08:11 PM
This is a decent town and a local shop. In all seriousness who on this forum wanted him as manager... :confused:

What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here

Green Blood
13-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Peter Sutcliffe The Yorkshire Ripper's first words on being apprehended were "I've done things"

13-04-2017, 08:12 PM

And some are effluent.

jacomo
13-04-2017, 08:19 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been places too.

It's time we accept that this guy simply operates at a different level.

Stick with him, and I imagine Hearts will win the Champions League within 5 years.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2017, 08:34 PM
"Right now, there are other things that are priorities, but I see that as a very valid measuring stick that we'll work towards."
Why aren't we working towards a measuring stick? Petrie!
Ah see only.BIG teams have measuring sticks...and special relationships with.the BIG Cup 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dan Sarf
13-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Ah see only.BIG teams have measuring sticks...and special relationships with.the BIG Cup 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

But only very valid measuring sticks. Ordinary measuring sticks are completely hopeless.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 09:05 PM
But only very valid measuring sticks. Ordinary measuring sticks are completely hopeless.
What's on the end of the stick Vic? [emoji1]

Holmesdale Hibs
14-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Peter Sutcliffe The Yorkshire Ripper's first words on being apprehended were "I've done things"

That's what I thought when I read the quote. Sounds a bit creepy.

Problem is he's done nothing of note in relation to football

Jim44
14-04-2017, 07:07 AM
Is this his old man? - https://youtu.be/yFB_FS9rV0c

Springbank
14-04-2017, 07:47 AM
What's on the end of the stick Vic? [emoji1]

Ipswich!
Perhaps a sign that the slow ponderous liability Christophe Berra is indeed signing on at tynnie. Someone has to be the latest hearts centreback to be outpaced by Jason cummings as he scores his derby goals :flag:

aljo7-0
14-04-2017, 08:31 AM
He is verbally dyslexic

when he speaks, what he says does not make sense literally but if (like you would with your eyes when a picture is slightly out of focus) you screw up your hearing then it sort of makes sense.

Or do I simply need more sleep or stronger drugs? :greengrin

Eyrie
14-04-2017, 05:05 PM
He is verbally dyslexic

when he speaks, what he says does not make sense literally but if (like you would with your eyes when a picture is slightly out of focus) you screw up your hearing then it sort of makes sense.

If what Cathro says "sort of makes sense" then you're already on very strong hallucinogens.

HFCdeb
14-04-2017, 05:35 PM
He is verbally dyslexic

This is a really good description, actually.

Slavoj Zizek
14-04-2017, 05:35 PM
What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here

:not worth Good Morning Jobseekers. You know what time it is? It is 9:30, time for men with jobs to go work... #netflix