PDA

View Full Version : Sky and BBC

greeny
13-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Both reported yesterday that we only need to better Falkirk's result on Sat to be crowned Champions.

Not surprised at Sky given the way they described our two goals against Falkirk at ER, but BBC Sportsound.

18Hibee75
13-04-2017, 08:56 AM
How did sky describe Falkirks goals at ER? Missed it, sorry

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

greeny
13-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Ambrose scored from a John McGinn free kick and Trevor Keatings curled an unstoppable shot past Danny Rogers

DTS
13-04-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm confused? We do only need to better their result?

Killiehibbie
13-04-2017, 09:08 AM
They didn't look any further than the second placed team.

H18 SFR
13-04-2017, 09:08 AM

Ditto

H18 SFR
13-04-2017, 09:09 AM
They didn't look any further than the second placed team.

Dundee Utd and Morton can't catch us with a win?

Bristolhibby

Nope. Say Falkirk lose, they are on 61, we draw, we are on 62 points.

Dundee Utd win, the maximum they can get is 63, therefor League not won.

Let's keep it simple. A Hibs win combined with anything other than a Falkirk win and we win the league on Saturday.

A draw would win it, providing Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd don't win and Morton don't win.

J

AFKA5814_Hibs

Not really. If we get a draw and Falkirk get beat, Dundee United and to a lesser extent Morton could still win the league if they will all their remaining games and we lose ours.

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 09:10 AM
We could draw, Falkirk lose and Dundee U could still win the league (or even Greenock M, arithmetically).

Bristolhibby
13-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Dundee Utd and Morton can't catch us with a win?

They can, as long as we don't win another game (or pick up another 3 points from somewhere).

J

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Both reported yesterday that we only need to better Falkirk's result on Sat to be crowned Champions.

Not surprised at Sky given the way they described our two goals against Falkirk at ER, but BBC Sportsound.

You're surprised that BBC Sportsound gets stuff wrong? :dizzy:

Bristolhibby
13-04-2017, 09:17 AM
A win knocks Morton and Utd out of the equation.

Combined with bettering Falkirks result (which by definition will mean a defeat of a draw) and we win the league on Saturday.

Sounds like Auntie and Sky forgot the first part of the equation, we need to win to take the other two out.

J

we are hibs
13-04-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't know people keep trying to over complicate this.

if we win on Saturday and Falkirk do not then the league is won.

if we draw, Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd and Morton don't win then we win the league.

If if we lose then we don't win it this weekend.

JeMeSouviens
13-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Nope. Say Falkirk lose, they are on 61, we draw, we are on 62 points.

Dundee Utd win, the maximum they can get is 63, therefor League not won.

Let's keep it simple. A Hibs win combined with anything other than a Falkirk win and we win the league on Saturday.

A draw would win it, providing Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd don't win and Morton don't win.

J

The way the league's been going - get your dough on this!

Killiehibbie
13-04-2017, 10:07 AM

if we draw, Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd and Morton don't win then we win the league.

If if we lose then we don't win it this weekend.We draw, Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd or Morton win the League isn't won. One scenario with nothing too complicated about it.

Lancs Harp
13-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Well we're gonna win on saturday fellas so its all down to the Falkirk result.

End of thread :wink::greengrin

killie-hibby
13-04-2017, 10:25 AM
We draw, Falkirk lose, Dundee Utd or Morton win the League isn't won. One scenario with nothing too complicated about it.

Fellow Kilmarnock person your scenario is too complicated. The most likely outcome is that when we beat QOS on Saturday and Falkirk dont win, we have won the league. Thats it.The end.
:flag:

Killiehibbie
13-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Fellow Kilmarnock person your scenario is too complicated. The most likely outcome is that when we beat QOS on Saturday and Falkirk dont win, we have won the league. Thats it.The end.
:flag:The op was pointing out that if we better Falkirk the League is not over. Some people didn't get that.

Bristolhibby
13-04-2017, 10:29 AM

I like your swag.

I give to you the seasons evidence of 13 draws.

That said, is this not billed as a "big game"? If so, hibs will turn up and smash QOTS 5-0.

Only for Falkirk to get a late 90th minute 1-0 winner against St. Mirren.

J

killie-hibby
13-04-2017, 10:48 AM
The op was pointing out that if we better Falkirk the League is not over. Some people didn't get that.

The OP is correct. We should not let that fact detract from what will not be a fact until approximately 16.50 hrs on Saturday.

Killiehibbie
13-04-2017, 10:54 AM
The OP is correct. We should not let that fact detract from what will not be a fact until approximately 16.50 hrs on Saturday.
Could you tell me the tricast for the 440?:greengrin

Keith_M
13-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Well we're gonna win on saturday fellas so its all down to the Falkirk result.

End of thread :wink::greengrin

Yeah, cos we've been winning so many games in the last two months

:wink:

Lancs Harp
13-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Yeah, cos we've been winning so many games in the last two months

:wink:

I've bought into Leanns winning mentallity. Hibs being losers is sooooooo yesterday. :wink:

killie-hibby
13-04-2017, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Killiehibbie;5008045]Could you tell me the tricast for the 440?:greengrin[/QUOTE

Regrettably,no.

snooky
13-04-2017, 02:24 PM
I've bought into Leanns winning mentallity. Hibs being losers is sooooooo yesterday. :wink:

Squeaky bum ointment still at the ready in my house :wink:

Deansy
13-04-2017, 03:03 PM

If if we lose then we don't win it this weekend.

And Falkirk win :brickwall

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 05:24 PM
And Falkirk win :brickwall

:tsk tsk: If we lose and Falkirk lose then we don't win the league this weekend.

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Squeaky bum ointment still at the ready in my house :wink:

Me too, but I'm only allowed to use it if we win the league :agree: