PDA

View Full Version : Financially distressed club

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 04:51 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39566143

Does anyone have an insight into who the Scottish club is mentioned further down in the article?

jgl07
12-04-2017, 07:44 PM
The suggestion is that Leyton Orient are one of the EFL teams in trouble.

As for the Scottish team, the usual suspects are The Rangers and the The Hearts!

Kilmarnock have had a few issues.

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2017, 07:55 PM

As for the Scottish team, the usual suspects are The Rangers and the The Hearts!

Hearts are fine for the moment.

Killie had their UEFA licence refused, as did Hamilton....but it's not clear why.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2017, 07:57 PM
They both have plastic pitches. Are they allowed?

Billy Whizz
12-04-2017, 08:23 PM
They both have plastic pitches. Are they allowed?

One of the Moscow teams play on plastic in the champions league

Michael
12-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Could be United? They made a hefty loss this year.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2017, 08:36 PM
An article comes out like this every year, nothing ever comes of it.

Jones28
12-04-2017, 09:21 PM
I've heard Dundee United are in a bit of ****. Nothing official and no sources, just hearsay.

green&left
12-04-2017, 09:38 PM
I've heard Dundee United are in a bit of ****. Nothing official and no sources, just hearsay.

Common knowledge they posted a £1.5m loss. Then got a £500k loan then a potential further £300k loan. Gotta be them.

Haymaker
13-04-2017, 02:49 AM
One of the Moscow teams play on plastic in the champions league

I thought they now had to have grass to play in the CL? I maybe completely wrong here.

Jones28
13-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Common knowledge they posted a £1.5m loss. Then got a £500k loan then a potential further £300k loan. Gotta be them.

Must be with losses like that.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2017, 03:58 PM
What about St Mirren? Heard about 3-4 years back from a Championship coach and ex-Rangers youth that they were in dire straits.

CropleyWasGod
13-04-2017, 04:06 PM
What about St Mirren? Heard about 3-4 years back from a Championship coach and ex-Rangers youth that they were in dire straits.

Their 2016 accounts show a small profit, albeit with the SPFL parachute payment.

The Balance Sheet is reasonably healthy, although heavily reliant on the value of their ground. The chairman's report suggests that there may be cash-flow issues in 2017. I'm not sure if they have been addressed this season.

And don't forget that there will be a wee dividend for them if we sell SJM. :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
13-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Their 2016 accounts show a small profit, albeit with the SPFL parachute payment.

The Balance Sheet is reasonably healthy, although heavily reliant on the value of their ground. The chairman's report suggests that there may be cash-flow issues in 2017. I'm not sure if they have been addressed this season.

And don't forget that there will be a wee dividend for them if we sell SJM. :agree:

We should see if we can test them over SJM

Offer a buy out now or player to them

Always wondered- if McGinn leaves after his 4 year deal and we get nothing, what do st mirren get

A % (15-33% is the range I've read) of 0....

Is It On....
13-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Rumour has it that there is an SPL team that is doing coffee mornings and bake sales to raise funds as well...

CMurdoch
13-04-2017, 09:26 PM

Remember they sold most of their team to Celtic not long ago which brought them £3.5 million.
Before that they sold Ryan Gauld and before that Goodwillie.
They must surely have some of that money left.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Rumour has it that there is an SPL team that is doing coffee mornings and bake sales to raise funds as well...
Famous big team?

One looking like they'll be modelling their new ground on Falkirks innovative horseshoe design with state of the art ventilation.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
14-04-2017, 01:31 AM
Only one Scottish club organising raffles, comedy nights and barbeques. Hmmmm......tick tock

PeterboroHibee
14-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Remember they sold most of their team to Celtic not long ago which brought them £3.5 million.
Before that they sold Ryan Gauld and before that Goodwillie.
They must surely have some of that money left.

United were able to negotiate clearing their bank debt a few years ago, but I think that was at least partly through investor backing. Perhaps they still had to repay them?

In the last couple of seasons they have also sacked two managers, signed a lot of players (including the likes of Kawashima, Pongolle etc) and have been relegated. None of that will have helped financially!

That doesnt mean its them mentioned in the article however.

Colr
14-04-2017, 03:27 PM

Yes, but they will have paid the right bribes.

Colr
14-04-2017, 03:30 PM
In the last couple of seasons they have also sacked two managers, signed a lot of players (including the likes of Kawashima, Pongolle etc) and have been relegated. None of that will have helped financially.

Sounds like someone else I can think off!!!

Sergey
14-04-2017, 03:48 PM

I'm fairly certain that Coventry City and Bolton Wanderers will be two of the unnamed English teams.

jgl07
14-04-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm fairly certain that Coventry City and Bolton Wanderers will be two of the unnamed English teams.
Good call there.

Northampton Town were in deep doggy doos a couple of years back after the 'missing millions' saga for stadium work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34358704

I don't know if they are in the clear yet.

leithsansiro
14-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Coventry are surely on a very dodgy footing I'd assume, given their whole stadium leasing saga.

Given the amount of money that sloshes around the English leagues, even further down the levels, I'm amazed that clubs get into so much difficulty.

Slavoj Zizek
14-04-2017, 05:53 PM
The Scottish club is Motherwell. If they go down this season then they end up like Cowdenbeath, in the Lowland Leagues within 3 years. But, wait, fan owned clubs are the way forward. Please Mr. Disney Billions Eisner invest in Hibs rather than Pompey. Invest in HSL....

Slavoj Zizek
14-04-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm fairly certain that Coveuntry City and Bolton Wanderers will be two of the unnamed English teams.

Do you work for Begbies Traynor? Because word is the three clubs are Bury, Orient and Morecambe. #Lithuania :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2017, 06:14 PM
The Scottish club is Motherwell. If they go down this season then they end up like Cowdenbeath, in the Lowland Leagues within 3 years. But, wait, fan owned clubs are the way forward. Please Mr. Disney Billions Eisner invest in Hibs rather than Pompey. Invest in HSL....

They have just had another share issue. Their debts are secured against a percentage of future player transfers.

What makes you think it's them?

ben johnson
15-04-2017, 10:00 AM

The money raised is for an exceedingly good stand I hear.

Sergey
15-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Do you work for Begbies Traynor? Because word is the three clubs are Bury, Orient and Morecambe. #Lithuania :rolleyes:

Are you sure?

Bury have just sold their training ground for property development and moved into Man City's old training complex at Carrington. I certainly don't think cash-flow is a going concern.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, though.