PDA

View Full Version : If we get promoted on Saturday

DavidDavidGray
12-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Will there be a Sunshine On Leith or is it a sigh of relief instead of a celebration?

Top Pans Hibby
12-04-2017, 04:00 PM
To paraphrase Tom Hart in season1980/81. OK we've won this trophy, I hope never to win it again.....

jonny
12-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Will there be a Sunshine On Leith or is it a sigh of relief instead of a celebration?

It's definitely a sigh of relief but i think if we win the league at home then a rendition of SoL would be fitting. Despite the fact the overall quality of this league isn't as high as the premier league, in my opinion getting over the line as league champions is still an achievement.

seanoheimhin
12-04-2017, 04:24 PM

A huge sigh of relief from me. We've really stumbled our way to the title over the last 6 weeks or so, and that makes it more sombre. If we had romped it this season, or even gone on a winning/scoring streak over the last few games then there would definitely be a more feel-good atmosphere.

Not to be overly negative, it's an achievement and we should enjoy that. I fully understand why ER might not be totally bouncing though, and I'll be looking to the semi-final and next season within a couple of hours.

Onion
12-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Huge sigh of relief and glad to get the Hell out of this ****ty league. It's been a struggle with the team playing some awful football, except when it really mattered. For me, SOL should be kept for special occasions and great achievements. This is one of those.

Lancs Harp
12-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Smoke bombs, pitch invasion and Rangers players attacked. Its going to be mayhem.

hibbydog
12-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Smoke bombs, pitch invasion and Rangers players attacked. Its going to be mayhem.

Don't forget successive statements from sevco about our deplorable conduct....

Carheenlea
12-04-2017, 05:29 PM
When we do officially secure the title, we are entitled to enjoy the occasion fans, players and management alike. Don't imagine it will be excessive, but a lap of honour and a few Hibs themed songs at full time will be sufficient. Not really a SOL occasion for me, but would kind of expect it to get an airing.
Hopefully it can be done this week, but a win regardless of what happens elsewhere pretty much secures it, and any party atmosphere will be a combination of celebrating the league win and starting the semi final build up for next weekend.

Unseen work
12-04-2017, 05:31 PM
I will let off a massive sigh of relief more than anything. Won't be able to celebrate it as much.

The Leith Dutch
12-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Don't forget successive statements from sevco about our deplorable conduct....

I thought Wallace was back playing for sevco this week which surely means he couldn't also be at ER to grass.....

Waxy
12-04-2017, 06:11 PM
I know it's a league we dont want to be in but we have to thank the players and manager who've finally got us out. They deserve a decent reaction from the fans.

Dibben
12-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Delighted to get out but it will be a relief!!

Please let's not invade the pitch though. It's only the Championship and we will be hammered by the powers that be!!

wookie70
12-04-2017, 06:24 PM
A wee SoL would be fine by me. It has been a season worth forgetting in terms of entertainment but it will still be mission accomplished and worth a singsong. Lets sty in the stands, say thanks to the players, managers and all the other staff, put this year behind us and start looking forward to what might be.