PDA

View Full Version : Hillsbrorough

11-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Saturday is the 28th annaversary of the Hillsborough disaster, will there be a minutes silence before the match? Dont think weve ever done it before but i would suggest on the 6th minute a minutes applause for them finally managing to get the truth and being so close to justice, what are everyones thoughts on this?
#JusticeForThe96 R.I.P

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
11-04-2017, 10:36 PM
I will be holding my own silence, I certainly won't be applauding,each to their own.

Andy74
11-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Not a fan of all these applauses these days. In any case why would we mark 28 years?

11-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Not a fan of all these applauses these days. In any case why would we mark 28 years?
The fact that they have finally got thr truth

11-04-2017, 10:39 PM
I will be holding my own silence, I certainly won't be applauding,each to their own.
I respect that fully. The applause idea wasnt a very good one i just thought that through a little bit, more applause for the families tho

lugz
12-04-2017, 07:08 AM
This should just be left to Liverpool imo.

Craig_HFC
12-04-2017, 07:18 AM
Daft idea.

calumhibee1
12-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Na, not for me.

Bob1875
12-04-2017, 07:22 AM
Why don't we just applaud from minute 1 to 90 to cover all eventualities. It's getting ridiculous now.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2017, 07:23 AM
We must hold the record for applause during games

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2017, 07:30 AM
It's got so ridiculous that many folk haven't got a clue what each applause is for and look confused as sporadic applause breaks out nearly every other game.

lyonhibs
12-04-2017, 07:39 AM
No. It's getting to the point where the game's are just about punctuated every 10 minutes cos someone's snuffed it or something terrible has happened recently/at some point in history somewhere in the world.

The meaningfulness of them is getting diluted and in all cases, the people who really matter/were (are) affected will have their own, more personal way of remembering.

tartanhibee
12-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Thread hijack

Is it true that Liverpool now never play on the 15th April?

InchHibby
12-04-2017, 11:07 AM
We must hold the record for applause during games

Is there a cup for this

Andy74
12-04-2017, 11:11 AM
It's got so ridiculous that many folk haven't got a clue what each applause is for and look confused as sporadic applause breaks out nearly every other game.

Correct. Yet we still keep getting requests and it seems insensitive now it's started not to do it.

Needs some other thing to happen to stop it. Like club announcing a day when we mark passing of everyone. Then we just get back to doing things on more traditional lines.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2017, 11:18 AM

This. I never know why everyone is clapping. Seems to be almost every game now. Minutes applause at the football should be for club legends who have passed imo. Sorry if that offends anyone but like others have said, the sentiment is lost as it happens so frequently.

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Nah ..... This has got to the stage now where remembrance of the event should be left to Liverpool FC .... perhaps at a significant milestone like 50 years or something it will be different, but not this Saturday.

As somebody else said, these minutes applause events are becoming so common they are losing their significance ...... What I would like to see is for Hibs to set aside a specific game, perhaps the last game of the season, where fans who have passed during the previous year can be remembered with a minutes applause ... perhaps on the 75th minute .... their names could be flashed up on the scoreboard. The only exception to this being for people who have worked for or played for the club.

Lancs Harp
12-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Nah ..... This has got to the stage now where remembrance of the event should be left to Liverpool FC .... perhaps at a significant milestone like 50 years or something it will be different, but not this Saturday.

As somebody else said, these minutes applause events are becoming so common they are losing their significance ...... What I would like to see is for Hibs to set aside a specific game, perhaps the last game of the season, where fans who have passed during the previous year can be remembered with a minutes applause ... perhaps on the 75th minute .... their names could be flashed up on the scoreboard. The only exception to this being for people who have worked for or played for the club.

Totally agree with this.

I dont wish to appear to be disrespectful to the people concerned but Ive attended several matches this season when I havent had a clue what the applause was about and neither have the people around me. Remembering all fans that have passed away during the course of the season at one game is an excellent idea that I know other clubs do.

JimBHibees
12-04-2017, 11:30 AM

I think teams like Sunderland do this every season at their last home game seems an appropriate way to cover the bases. Think they have a minutes silence before the game for all people connected with the club ex players/fans/employees etc who have passed in that season.

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Thread hijack

Is it true that Liverpool now never play on the 15th April?

Yes it is true, every year the memorial service has been held at Anfield on the afternoon of the 15th April. Last year's service was the last to be held as the families felt it was now time to move on and all agreed that no further services on the scale of the annual Anfield one would be held.

Personally although I have not attended every service,I have attended Anfield every April to pay my respects, I was in fact there today to pay my respects and will pay my own silent one on Saturday,3.06pm at Easter Road.

poolman
12-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Saturday is the 28th annaversary of the Hillsborough disaster, will there be a minutes silence before the match? Dont think weve ever done it before but i would suggest on the 6th minute a minutes applause for them finally managing to get the truth and being so close to justice, what are everyones thoughts on this?
#JusticeForThe96 R.I.P

Do you think we should do this every year then ?

What about the Ibrox Disaster, Heysel stadium or any other football tragedy that's happened over the years ?
Are we going to have a minute silence or applause every anniversary of a tragedy ?

Let's not

13-04-2017, 01:07 AM
How do I delete a thread lol

Slavoj Zizek
13-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Why don't we just applaud from minute 1 to 90 to cover all eventualities. It's getting ridiculous now.

Well said. This is where I am at. I respect the sentiment but my Christ when will our virtue signalling end.

Stax
13-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Yes it is true, every year the memorial service has been held at Anfield on the afternoon of the 15th April. Last year's service was the last to be held as the families felt it was now time to move on and all agreed that no further services on the scale of the annual Anfield one would be held.

Personally although I have not attended every service,I have attended Anfield every April to pay my respects, I was in fact there today to pay my respects and will pay my own silent one on Saturday,3.06pm at Easter Road.
Fair play fella, that should be end of thread.

AndyM_1875
13-04-2017, 08:30 PM

I have nothing but respect for the Hillsborough families, so if that is their wish then that is how it should be. #jft96