PDA

View Full Version : If we go up.....who would you prefer to join us, or stay up?

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Personally it would be the Buddies, but they wont be going up, although their fixture is usually a good away day for us :thumbsup: but If we are going to the premiership, I would hope that Morton get up. another good day out for us, and we usually get a few beers in that area which makes for a good day all round. ICT look as if they are doon, and I would be happy if Hamilton are dragged the same way. a we bit of karma I suppose, for them swapping places with us 3 years ago

ekhibee
11-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Personally it would be the Buddies, but they wont be going up, although their fixture is usually a good away day for us :thumbsup: but If we are going to the premiership, I would hope that Morton get up. another good day out for us, and we usually get a few beers in that area which makes for a good day all round. ICT look as if they are doon, and I would be happy if Hamilton are dragged the same way. a we bit of karma I suppose, for them swapping places with us 3 years ago
Yep, Morton for me too, although I wouldn't really mind any of them coming up apart from Falkirk.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Would rather none of the other teams in the championship come up with us. Morton never bothered me til this season, their fans are really horrible and dont think they like us much. Hate Falkirk and Dundee Utd too. So only us to go up please 😁

CathroMustStay
11-04-2017, 09:08 PM
*when

Dundee United.

weecounty hibby
11-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Morton up with ICT and Ross Co down

Bostonhibby
11-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Any team that aren't managed by Peter hammer thrower Houston.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Falkirk will go up with us, Houston is a jamboid, what do jamboids do ? they stalk/follow us

oneone73
11-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Dundee United up, Inverness and Hamilton down.

calumhibee1
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM
ICT & RC relegated please. Morton to come up with us.

offshorehibby
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Inverness and Co to stay up, love a wee weekend in Inverness

Zazu62
11-04-2017, 09:15 PM
No one else will come up, the spl team will win the play off

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Inverness and Co to stay up, love a wee weekend in Invernessfine for you, easy trip from the Shetlands/Brent/Norway etc :greengrin but nae guid for our bus trekking up there:na na: Na, ICT and Hamilton I think with Morton up. they don't like us but they hardly like themselves:greengrin

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:18 PM
No one else will come up, the spl team will win the play offthey said that 3 years ago, and the SPL team had a 2 goal start with a home game to party at:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Morton spent 90 minutes singing about our manager and Ambrose at the weekend. 2 weeks ago one of their players tried to break Jordon Forsters leg. I hope they stay in this league until the end of time.

Zazu62
11-04-2017, 09:20 PM
they said that 3 years ago, and the SPL team had a 2 goal start with a home game to party at:rolleyes:

Aye an SPL team managed by Terry Butcher tho

Glory Lurker
11-04-2017, 09:21 PM
they said that 3 years ago, and the SPL team had a 2 goal start with a home game to party at:rolleyes:

Unless you add a dollop of Butcher, though, the Championship team never has a chance.

BegbieHSC
11-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Has to be Dundee United. A big club, that has been mismanaged for years! The sooner they get Thompson out, the better.

Really hope they come up with us, with Accies going down - unsure if United have the resources the same as ours to sustain themselves for an extended period in the second tier, so I would worry about their future as a major Scottish player in our game.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Morton spent 90 minutes singing about our manager and Ambrose at the weekend. 2 weeks ago one of their players tried to break Jordon Forsters leg. I hope they stay in this league until the end of time.

Well said. Can rot in the lowers with Falkirk.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Dundee Utd to come up with us and Hamilton and ICT to go down. We can wave to Hamilton Accies as we swap divisions with them.

HAZ2000
11-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I hope Hamilton stay up. Would love to beat them next seaaon 4 times

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Unless you add a dollop of Butcher, though, the Championship team never has a chance.ok, lets see. give the championship team a 2 goal start instead of the SPL team

offshorehibby
11-04-2017, 09:37 PM
fine for you, easy trip from the Shetlands/Brent/Norway etc :greengrin but nae guid for our bus trekking up there:na na: Na, ICT and Hamilton I think with Morton up. they don't like us but they hardly like themselves:greengrin

A lovely we train journey for me with Mrs OS, got to give her a holiday some how.:greengrin

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Morton spent 90 minutes singing about our manager and Ambrose at the weekend. 2 weeks ago one of their players tried to break Jordon Forsters leg. I hope they stay in this league until the end of time.think they actually sang " one Effe Ambrose, and one Neil Lennon" in a sarcastic manner. that's what we sang for the last 11 months about a chap from Glesga/England , naw? added to the noise and atmosphere, to my mind. added to the day out although the second half was abysmal. their player got out of jail at ER, due to refereeing incompetency. On another note, the D.Utd. fans gave us it tight several years ago, when they relegated us by singing an auld Gracie Fields song.

11-04-2017, 09:48 PM
I vote for nearness. I go to away games but love the ( this season) Raith, Dunfermline, Dundee United ( the PBS was ok as well )although Ayr was a belter too.

HibeeDave
11-04-2017, 09:48 PM
I hope Hamilton stay up. Would love to beat them next seaaon 4 times
Three times, we should be top six and them in bottom six

WeeRussell
11-04-2017, 09:55 PM
United 100% for me. But obviously won't be losing sleep over anyone else once our job is done.

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Three times, we should be top six and them in bottom sixHibs Celtic A/deen St.J, DFC,Hamilton top 6. let the rest fight for survival in the lower 6:wink:

Deansy
11-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Aye an SPL team managed by Terry Butcher tho

Handicapped even further by having a 'player' called Ryan McGovern !

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 10:36 PM
I will upset everyone and say Falkirk.
They are the 9th best supported team in Scotland so their fans deserve to be in the top league.
They have continued to push for promotion for the last few years despite losing 4 top young players to Swansea and Alston to St Johnstone.
Dundee Utd deserve to stay in the Championship for a 2nd year because we had to stay there for 3 :greengrin

11-04-2017, 10:41 PM
I would like Dunfermline up tbh wont happen but ive always felt bad on them since we sent them down 5 years ago

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 10:43 PM
certainly upset me.I have a dislike for Houston though, which makes me biased I suppose

TheReg!
11-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I would like Dunfermline up tbh wont happen but ive always felt bad on them since we sent them down 5 years ago

This! Just for the best away day in Scotland IMHO

Sir David Gray
11-04-2017, 10:51 PM
East End Park is my favourite away fixture so I would like to see Dunfermline promoted. That's not going to happen this season but hopefully the year after.

In terms of the teams who will be in the play offs, I hope none of them get promoted.

As for relegation, it looks like Inverness might be going down. I would personally prefer that they stay up as I like a weekend up in the Highlands and I would prefer to see Hamilton go down. However at least we'll hopefully still have Ross County up there.

Things are looking grim for Dundee right now, they're in a bit of freefall and are only one point above the play off spot.

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 10:53 PM

12th best supported team in Scotland so again deserve to be in the top league for the sake of the supporters.
Suspect their attendances will go up again next season as they start to challenge for the play off places.

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2017, 11:00 PM
Dundee United up for me. I have a good few friends who are United fans and and have met many others over 45 years of following Hibs and have never had a problem with any of them. A good Club who like us should not be anywhere near this league.

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 11:03 PM
certainly upset me.I have a dislike for Houston though, which makes me biased I suppose

The biggest thing I dislike about Falkirk is their half built stadium.
Was pissed off last season when they kept catching out our poor defending with long throws and other sucker punches.
Houston doesn't bother me.
He does what he has to do for the benefit of his team.
I also agree with what he said about team budgets and will have a similar view about Celtic and Rangers next season.

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Was pissed off last season when they kept catching out our poor defending with long throws and other basic stuff.
I also agree with what he said about team budgets and will have a similar view about Celtic and Rangers next season.you are correct, with him defending his corner but sme of his snidey, uncalled for remarks over the last 3 years have been poor. I do recall him blaming SJM for cheating and diving. you will recall last year's penalty call for us at ER. he denied they got the rub of the green, or imho a blatant stonewaller as ever I have seen , being denied by a ref about 4 feet away from it.

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2017, 11:17 PM
you are correct, with him defending his corner but sme of his snidey, uncalled for remarks over the last 3 years have been poor. I do recall him blaming SJM for cheating and diving. you will recall last year's penalty call for us at ER. he denied they got the rub of the green, or imho a blatant stonewaller as ever I have seen , being denied by a ref about 4 feet away from it.

The penalty call was the biggest example of cheating from a ref I have ever seen and in such a vital game. IIRC there was 2 penalties right in front to the refs eyes - 1 blatant foul and then the Falkirk defender putting 2 hands on the ball on the grass a second later; both in the box. The TV guys were gobsmacked there was no pen. When you add in the cheating from refs this season, it's hard to take.

houstonhibbee
11-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Dundee Utd for me. We need all the "big" teams in the top division plus Dundee derby's...............

Bristolhibby
11-04-2017, 11:42 PM
The weakest team possible please.

Don't fancy being down in this division for a loooong time / ever again.

J

houstonhibbee
11-04-2017, 11:42 PM
If it was up to me none down plus top 4 up. 30 games and a proper league cup with sections and all teams in from the start.

ekhibee
11-04-2017, 11:58 PM
Was pissed off last season when they kept catching out our poor defending with long throws and other sucker punches.
I also agree with what he said about team budgets and will have a similar view about Celtic and Rangers next season.
I remember going to a cup tie there not long after they'd moved from Brockville when we horsed them but Riordan got booked and missed the final. I'm sure they only had 2 stands then, and a wooden thing at the far end that wouldn't have passed as a temporary stand anywhere else.

CMurdoch
12-04-2017, 12:04 AM
you are correct, with him defending his corner but sme of his snidey, uncalled for remarks over the last 3 years have been poor. I do recall him blaming SJM for cheating and diving. you will recall last year's penalty call for us at ER. he denied they got the rub of the green, or imho a blatant stonewaller as ever I have seen , being denied by a ref about 4 feet away from it.

So many managers speak guff I seldom take what they say seriously. That includes our present manager. They have their own agenda.
They don't see things adverse to their team or players but see with great clarity what players from the opposition have done.

SChibs
12-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I will upset everyone and say Falkirk.
They are the 9th best supported team in Scotland so their fans deserve to be in the top league.
They have continued to push for promotion for the last few years despite losing 4 top young players to Swansea and Alston to St Johnstone.
Dundee Utd deserve to stay in the Championship for a 2nd year because we had to stay there for 3 :greengrin

I agree, I'd rather have a game against Falkirk than Hamilton or Ross county. At least there's an edge there nowadays.

For me a good league would be
Hibs
Hearts
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Aberdeen
Falkirk
Dunfermline
Motherwell
St Johnstone
Morton

Steve20
12-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Dundee Utd if anyone. Not because they're a big club as that doesn't bother me about all big clubs having to be in the top flight but because I don't want Houston or Duffy getting promoted.

I'd like to see Inverness go down.

CMurdoch
12-04-2017, 12:14 PM
I agree, I'd rather have a game against Falkirk than Hamilton or Ross county. At least there's an edge there nowadays.

For me a good league would be
Hibs
Hearts
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Aberdeen
Falkirk
Dunfermline
Motherwell
St Johnstone
Morton

The only one I would argue with is Morton.
All current SPL team are better supported than they are.
Would like to see the league increased to 16 clubs.
The current SPL minus Hamilton plus Hibs, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Dunfermline & St Mirren
Play each other twice then split into two leagues of 8 and play each team once as per current split = 37 games.

Geo_1875
12-04-2017, 12:42 PM
The only one I would argue with is Morton.
All current SPL team are better supported than they are.
Would like to see the league increased to 16 clubs.
The current SPL minus Hamilton plus Hibs, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Dunfermline & St Mirren
Play each other twice then split into two leagues of 8 and play each team once as per current split = 37 games.

What has support got to do with it? ICT and Ross County have been better than Hibs for the last few years with crowds of 3/4k.

Why have a split? A league should be an even number of games played equally home and away. If we can't organise that there is something far wrong.

JDHibs
12-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Hamilton and ICT down.

Us and Utd up.

Bring the average attendances of the league up massively. More fans = More money.

heretoday
12-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Hamilton and ICT down.

Us and Utd up.

Bring the average attendances of the league up massively. More fans = More money.

Agree.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Hamilton and ICT down.

Us and Utd up.

Ict and County to go down, Hibs and Falkirk to go up
Less travelling and more money for Hibs

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Morton.

PeeKay
12-04-2017, 03:47 PM
If it is Morton who get promoted will they be expected to do anything to upgrade their stadium, or has all of that gone by the board these days?

Keith_M
12-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Dundee United.

weonlywon6-2
13-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Dundee United for me,good away venue
Inverness look doomed,Hamilton can go as well,bring little to Scottish football

ekhibee
13-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Dundee United for me,good away venue
Inverness look doomed,Hamilton can go as well,bring little to Scottish football
I know what you mean, personally I would want Hamilton to go down because they relegated us. But they have a really good youth setup, their development/under 20's team is a good one and they work within their means as a club, so there's other clubs I dislike more but that's just a personal opinion obviously.

greenlex
13-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Handicapped even further by having a 'player' called Ryan McGovern !

Just saw him play a nice wee through ball in the Falkirk semi. 😳

West lower
13-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Anyone but Falkirk. That style of management and football should not be rewarded.

erin go bragh
13-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Dundee Utd . Ict and County to go down but can't see Utd beating either in a playoff .
Top league having four separate derbys would be a first that I can remember.

Golden Bear
13-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Dundee United, if they don't go up then it will be a financial disaster from which they might never recover.

Pete
13-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Dundee United, if they don't go up then it will be a financial disaster from which they might never recover.

...which is nice.

oneone73
13-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Dundee Utd . Ict and County to go down but can't see Utd beating either in a playoff .
Top league having four separate derbys would be a first that I can remember.

Huns v Thistle, Celtc v Thistle, Celtc v Huns, ICT v Ross County, Well v Accies ... all this season.

HFCdeb
13-04-2017, 06:26 PM
I'd be happy with any of Dundee Utd, Falkirk or Morton, to be honest.

I worry for Dundee Utd if they stay in this league much longer, noises coming out of Tannadice are far from positive just now re: their finances.

It's a real shame St Mirren were dragged into the dregs of this league by that buffoon Rae early on this season because I have a lot of time for any Glasgow(ish) club that isn't OF and would happily see them come up with us, too.

If any of ICT, Ross County or Kilmarnock went down I wouldn't shed any tears.

monktonharp
13-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Top league having four separate derbys would be a first that I can remember.ICT and County is a definite derby ?

brianmc
13-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Dundee Utd to come up as wee need the bigger teams in the top League.
I'd love to see Hamilton and Motherwell go down.

*I am happy to admit i still carry a grudge against the wee, buckfast swilling, shiny shellsuit wearing neds at Fir Park laughing at us (during the darkest days of the Mercer fiasco) whilst waving 10 pound notes at us and taunting us about going bust.
**** club, **** town, **** support.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Hamilton down with Motherwell and Dundee utd to come up.