PDA

View Full Version : kris doolan for Hibs?

jijihibby
11-04-2017, 03:36 AM
I have heard from a good Weegie source that Hibs have made enquiries about Partick Thistle striker Kris Doolan's availability come August.
I have seen him only a couple of times, on TV highlights, and he looks sharp; is it too easy to say ''If he plays for them he can't be up to much...''?

HoboHarry
11-04-2017, 04:37 AM
I have heard from a good Weegie source that Hibs have made enquiries about Partick Thistle striker Kris Doolan's availability come August.
I have seen him only a couple of times, on TV highlights, and he looks sharp; is it too easy to say ''If he plays for them he can't be up to much...''?
Aye of course you have......

21sMay
11-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Could never see this happening, and to be honest wouldn't be very excited about him signing

JDHibs
11-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Dont think it will happen, however, if we are serious about challenging the top 4, we should be looking at cherry picking teams best players around that area, instead of bringing unknowns...

Doolan
Swanson
Kiltie
Moult
Boyce

Players above wont be on alot of money, may not cost alot in fees, but are exactly what we should be looking at! Proven players. Look at Newcastle down south, when they went down last year they bought players who knew that league, Gayle, Murphy, Hayden, Hanley and Clark rather than bring in foreigners.

500miles
11-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Puts a hell of a shift in and gets 12 - 15 goals a season. Not a great physical presence, but skilful and quick.

On the other hand, he's now 30 and had a reputation for missing sitters when he was younger that he may or may not have grown out of.

easty
11-04-2017, 07:51 AM
He's *****

allezsauzee
11-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Kris Doolan has done well for Partick but I think we can do better. We've signed plenty of players who have done pretty well at small clubs where there is little in the way of expectation and can't cope with playing for Hibs. The likes of Stokes and Hendo are the sort of quality that I expect to see at Easter Road

Diclonius
11-04-2017, 08:46 AM
He scores goals - isn't that exactly what we need?

Famous Fiver
11-04-2017, 08:53 AM
A legend at Thistle. They adore him.

Difficult to get him to move.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2017, 09:11 AM
There are younger better players we can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
11-04-2017, 09:27 AM
I can't help but think that Doolan would be a Paul Cairney type of signing - definitely got flashes of talent but ultimately still the type of player one notch below what we should ultimately be looking to secure. I'd second the sentiments that he misses too many chances, he often features on the 5 mins BBC highlights missing one or two. Sadly, by 30 years old I'd feel that he has developed as much as he can more or less.

seanshow
11-04-2017, 09:29 AM
...we should pick the best player from each 'smaller' spl club, its working for the sheepies so far.

1van Sprou7e
11-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Good player but doubt he'll leave Partick

brog
11-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Always liked him, IIRC he scored a peach against us at ER about 3-4 seasons ago. However, if we're signing Danny S ( as I believe ) I'd like us to have a mix of some younger players also. Mind you, by NL's record for signing/attempting to sign strikers, KD is a mere stripling!

BegbieHSC
11-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I think we should be a little more ambitious than Kris Doolan, lads!

Nicho87
11-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Not seen enough of him.
but I'd like to see younger, hungrier players.
henderson,
stevie mallan,
simon Murray,

ancient hibee
11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
We want players who know what they're doing in that league and can still do it.

The Modfather
11-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Not for me, I prefer a striker to grapple with defenders rather than score 😀

Argylehibby
11-04-2017, 11:22 AM
He was on radio last night on sportsound or whatever it is midweek. The guys in the studio were saying that he didn't get a game at the start of the season and Particks results were poor. Once he got back in the team he was banging in the goals and they are now guaranteed top 6 as a result. His own comments were that he needs good delivery into the box and he praised the teammates for providing that. Said he isn't the type to get on the end of high crosses and bury headers.

her or not he would be the striker we need will depend on who else we bring in. If we don't have someone in that can provide the crosses he thrives on then no point signing him. If we do then he's worth a punt.

jacomo
11-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Dont think it will happen, however, if we are serious about challenging the top 4, we should be looking at cherry picking teams best players around that area, instead of bringing unknowns...

Doolan
Swanson
Kiltie
Moult
Boyce

Players above wont be on alot of money, may not cost alot in fees, but are exactly what we should be looking at! Proven players. Look at Newcastle down south, when they went down last year they bought players who knew that league, Gayle, Murphy, Hayden, Hanley and Clark rather than bring in foreigners.

When Hibs go down this route we often come unstuck, though.

Colin Nish
Liam Craig
Van Zanten
John Rankin

All players who did great at previous clubs but didn't build on that at Hibs.

This is not a guaranteed route to success for us.

Bringing in 'unknowns' and others who have lost their way a bit can work.

IWasThere2016
11-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Not for me, I prefer a striker to grapple with defenders rather than score 😀

:faf: :top marks

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 11:56 AM
When Hibs go down this route we often come unstuck, though.

Colin Nish
Liam Craig
Van Zanten
John Rankin

All players who did great at previous clubs but didn't build on that at Hibs.

This is not a guaranteed route to success for us.

Bringing in 'unknowns' and others who have lost their way a bit can work.

Liam Craig was the strange one out of that group.
Is playing really well again.
Think his time at Hibs was just a poisonous time for all at the club

Diclonius
11-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Craig and Robertson were good in our first season down here. Played especially well against Rangers.

Unseen work
11-04-2017, 01:11 PM
He reminds me of Paul Heffernan.

Not for me.

Alan62
11-04-2017, 01:19 PM
He reminds me of Paul Heffernan.

Not for me.

Why did you have to remind me of Paul Heffernan? :rolleyes:

Unseen work
11-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Why did you have to remind me of Paul Heffernan? :rolleyes:

Apologies. Il make it even worse for you.

Our strikers when we got relegated:

Vine, Collins, Heffernan and Haynes.

greenlex
11-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Strikers are only as good as the service they receive. We need to sort that out first. What is a strikers conversion rate? One in three? One in four? It's little wonder we score so little.

Alan62
11-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Apologies. Il make it even worse for you.

Our strikers when we got relegated:

Vine, Collins, Heffernan and Haynes.

I have mostly erased these people from my memory.

As I recall, Vine had a beard that looked like it was made of bees. Collins I have a hazy memory of missed chances. Heffernan I can only see looking glum and holding onto his cuffs like he had an aversion to rolling his sleeves up and doing some hard work. Haynes has gone completely, which is bizarre because I can still clearly see a picture in my mind of Fulham's Johnny Haynes from a Shoot Annual sometime in the 1960s.

ekhibee
11-04-2017, 04:53 PM
I have mostly erased these people from my memory.

As I recall, Vine had a beard that looked like it was made of bees. Collins I have a hazy memory of missed chances. Heffernan I can only see looking glum and holding onto his cuffs like he had an aversion to rolling his sleeves up and doing some hard work. Haynes has gone completely, which is bizarre because I can still clearly see a picture in my mind of Fulham's Johnny Haynes from a Shoot Annual sometime in the 1960s.
Wasn't Haynes the one we got from Ipswich? I think his nickname was 'the Canary Crusher'...

Jones28
11-04-2017, 05:07 PM
There's a young centre back I would rather take from Partick than a 30 y/o striker.

easty
11-04-2017, 05:13 PM
There's a young centre back I would rather take from Partick than a 30 y/o striker.

I'd rather sign that freaky angry sun mascot thing they have than Doolan.

500miles
11-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Craig and Robertson were good in our first season down here. Played especially well against Rangers.

Two really good players. Craig hit double figures in his first season, and Robertson was an all action, hard tackling box to box type, sadly diminished by injuries.

Liam Craig at defensive mid was a totally wasted player. Ghosting in from wide or behind the strikers, he was a real goal threat. There's a good chance we'd have this league wrapped up by now if we hadn't tried to change his style.

Mr White
11-04-2017, 08:55 PM

:greengrin

monktonharp
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Not seen enough of him.
but I'd like to see younger, hungrier players.
henderson,
stevie mallan,
simon Murray,Stevie Mallan must be pick of the bunch, would be great for us but money down south might determine that.Obviously Hendo too , but don't think we can "deliver" what Celtic would ask

Don Giovanni
11-04-2017, 09:41 PM

Me tae.

Sunshine in Leith

:greengrin:

Don Giovanni
11-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Liam Craig at defensive mid was a totally wasted player. Ghosting in from wide or behind the strikers, he was a real goal threat.

You're getting mixed up. That was Scott Allan.

Liam Craig was the ginger one who blindly smashed the ball forward at every opportunity.

:devil:

frazeHFC
12-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Over 100 league goals for Partick, don't know much about him but could be worth a shot.