PDA

View Full Version : Palace

Enough said
10-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Fair play to there fans make some noise ,not just on this game been like that for last couple of seasons 👍🏻

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Wenger surely cant be allowed to sign a new contract at Arsenal, thats them 3-0 down and they have hardly had a shot on target at the palace keeper.

hfc rd
10-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Arsenal fan tv will be great fun to watch tonight! Like a meltdown on kickback

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Arsenal fan tv will be great fun to watch tonight! Like a meltdown on kickback

Didn't know such a channel existed

Hibs90
10-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Wenger's reluctance to change formation or tactics in the last 10 years is his failure.

hfc rd
10-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Didn't know such a channel existed

https://m.youtube.com/user/arsenalfanstv

frazeHFC
10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Ozil tonight looks like someone who's never played football before but won a competition to get a game for Arsenal.

Pete
10-04-2017, 08:42 PM
First time they'll have missed out on the Champions league for years.

Looks like it a straight shoot out between them and Manchester United for the Europa league spot.

Hiber-nation
10-04-2017, 08:44 PM
"You're not fit to wear the shirt" chant the Arsenal fans. Oh dear!

Lancs Harp
10-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Looks like it a straight shoot out between them and Manchester United for the Europa league spot.

Think they will both get a Europa league place. 7th place (probably Everton) will too if a club above them wins the FA Cup.

Pete
10-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Think they will both get a Europa league place. 7th place (probably Everton) will too if a club above them wins the FA Cup.

I'm still trying to work out what would happen if United won the Europa league and Leicester won the champions league.

Would there be 6 CL representatives or will City and Liverpool get bumped and have to play Europa league?

hfc rd
10-04-2017, 09:05 PM

I reckon Utd will win the Europa and qualify for the CL through that.

Anyways on tonight's match. Palace deserved that victory and it could and should have been more. I reckon that's them safe and it's between Swansea and Hull for relegation. Sunderland and Middlesbrough are as good as down.

Arsenal look the worst I've seen them in a very long time. First time in years they look like they are going to miss out on CL and finish below Spurs. Wenger should have bowed out after the cup final victory against Hull in 2014. He's going to tarnish his legacy if he signs a new deal. Forget the invincibles. That was in the past. This present team is a f****** mess, their only real quality player Sanchez heading towards the exit door (can't blame him) and the atmosphere in the stands is poisonous with fans divided and fighting amongst themselves.

hfc rd
10-04-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm still trying to work out what would happen if United won the Europa league and Leicester won the champions league.

Would there be 6 CL representatives or will City and Liverpool get bumped and have to play Europa league?

If Utd won the Europa and Leicester won the CL, the team in 4th would be kicked out of the CL and into the Europa.

I think Utd will win the Europa though and qualify for the CL through that.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Manchester Utd still have a decent chance of finishing in the top four. They still have Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal to play. Although they're tough fixtures (apart from the Arsenal game! :greengrin) they're all the teams who are round about them so it represents a chance to catch up on Liverpool and Manchester City.

As for Arsenal, they're on a terrible run. I thought the penalty that Crystal Palace got was incorrect but in truth the game was over long before then.

jgl07
10-04-2017, 09:38 PM

Not really as United are already guaranteed a Europa League spot by winning the League Cup. There will also be the FA Cup slot available if a Champions League qualifier wins it.

United also have a fair chance of winning the Europa League and making the Champions League should they miss out on the top four. It looks like City, Liverpool and United going for two places behind Chelsea and Spurs. I think United would be wise to prioritise the Europa League.

United have a very tough run in with a match against Chelsea and away matches at City, Arsenal, and Tottenham. United have eight league matches and potentially five Europa League matches to play in eight weeks.

City and Liverpool have much easier runs ins. Arsenal also have a hard run-in with matches against Tottenham, Everton and United.

If things go to form and United win the Europa League that could mean that Arsenal, Everton, and West Brom make the Europa League slots for next season.

Auckland Hibs
11-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Ozil tonight looks like someone who's never played football before but won a competition to get a game for Arsenal.

Ozil & half a dozen others are the basis of the problem - they think they are bigger than the club.

Wenger appears to have lost the dressing room (for some time) - how they can offer him another contract is beyond reason?!

Once Wenger does go, most of the team should be emptied & a new manager given the chance to re-build from scratch.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2017, 12:36 AM
Ozil & half a dozen others are the basis of the problem - they think they are bigger than the club.

Wenger appears to have lost the dressing room (for some time) - how they can offer him another contract is beyond reason?!

Once Wenger does go, most of the team should be emptied & a new manager given the chance to re-build from scratch.Who thinks they are bigger than the club?

They just aren't good enough and the ones that are good enough have no direction because Wenger has lost it.

SJNB Hibby
11-04-2017, 12:40 AM
Who thinks they are bigger than the club?

They just aren't good enough and the ones that are good enough have no direction because Wenger has lost it.

Thought this thread was about Palace, not the Arze
EEEaaAGles!!!!

Hibby Bairn
11-04-2017, 06:29 AM
Fair play to there fans make some noise ,not just on this game been like that for last couple of seasons 👍🏻

Was at Selhurst Park 2 years ago for a night game v Man City which CP won 2-1. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere. Old style ground in middle of council estate. Fans in the bottom corner area are mental but very entertaining.

Topographic Hibby
11-04-2017, 07:29 AM
I lived in Sarf London in the mid-80s and Selhurst was the local ground. At that time, Charlton also played there so you had 1st and 2nd division games on every week. Palace were the better team to watch and the ground was a classic old school ground. It could get very bonkers!! Went one night to a cup tie between Palace and Leeds. Brilliant and scary in equal measure!!

Still look out for their score.

Go Eagles.....!!! (no, not the Dutch side.......)

Holmesdale Hibs
12-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Thought this thread was about Palace, not the Arze
EEEaaAGles!!!!

Good post mate, shame the English media don't frequent this board because Palace have barely had a mention down here.

I'm a season ticket holder at Selhurst (my local-ish team and the closest substitute I can get for Hibs) and the performance and noice level in last nights game were both top class. Cabaye and Townsend were both immense, Zaha was his usual brilliant self and Benteke bullied the Arsenal defenders. Sakho must be the signing of the January transfer window.

We're not that good every week but we're moving in the right direction and if we can reach 40 points this year and keep Zaha over summer then next season will be one to look forward to.

heretoday
13-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I lived in Sarf London in the mid-80s and Selhurst was the local ground. At that time, Charlton also played there so you had 1st and 2nd division games on every week. Palace were the better team to watch and the ground was a classic old school ground. It could get very bonkers!! Went one night to a cup tie between Palace and Leeds. Brilliant and scary in equal measure!!

Still look out for their score.

Go Eagles.....!!! (no, not the Dutch side.......)

I was there for Charlton v Spurs in, I think, 1989. 3-1 to Spurs with Gazza scoring a peach from outside the box.
Charlton had a veteran keeper called Bob Bolder.

Iain G
13-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Good post mate, shame the English media don't frequent this board because Palace have barely had a mention down here.

I'm a season ticket holder at Selhurst (my local-ish team and the closest substitute I can get for Hibs) and the performance and noice level in last nights game were both top class. Cabaye and Townsend were both immense, Zaha was his usual brilliant self and Benteke bullied the Arsenal defenders. Sakho must be the signing of the January transfer window.

We're not that good every week but we're moving in the right direction and if we can reach 40 points this year and keep Zaha over summer then next season will be one to look forward to.

Hope they get relegated and ruin that fat crook's record of never having gone down from the Premier League, already he is talking up the price for Zaha and probably salavating and what cut the agent will pass his direction.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Hope they get relegated and ruin that fat crook's record of never having gone down from the Premier League, already he is talking up the price for Zaha and probably salavating and what cut the agent will pass his direction.

Haha, well it's looking like the fat man has turned us around and will keep us up. He wasn't the most popular appointment but as with every club results make the difference. As for Zaha, it's his ability and performances that have been inflating his price tag.

What's your agenda against Palace? I always thought we were quite an inoffensive team. Brighton fan?

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2017, 04:58 PM
I was there for Charlton v Spurs in, I think, 1989. 3-1 to Spurs with Gazza scoring a peach from outside the box.
Charlton had a veteran keeper called Bob Bolder.

Bob Bolder ex Liverpool,surely in 89 he was very early 30's just looked older ;-)

hibeerealist
13-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Haha, well it's looking like the fat man has turned us around and will keep us up. He wasn't the most popular appointment but as with every club results make the difference. As for Zaha, it's his ability and performances that have been inflating his price tag.

What's your agenda against Palace? I always thought we were quite an inoffensive team. Brighton fan?

I have been to many Palace games HH. The play off final against W. Ham was a great weekend although the game itself was just a very nervy affair. Was in he Holmsdale the night Brighton got done 5-0 too, a good night in sarf London after that one!

The Palace fans in the Holmsdale lower really get the rest of the stadium rocking, great atmosphere and worth a trip if any Hibbies thinking about it.

SJNB Hibby
13-04-2017, 05:04 PM

We moved to Croydon in '66, and I started attending in '67. I was there when we won promotion to Divi1 for the first time in 1969, and THAT Don Rogers goal. Was alway s a good little ground, and theyve done extremely well bringing talent through over the years.

SJNB Hibby
13-04-2017, 05:05 PM

If so, next season should be fun:na na:http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 05:07 PM

Yep, I used to be in Bromley with work and also worked for one of palace's sponsors. Been to a few games. Best atmosphere of the London grounds I've been to, love the ground and the few fans I met were good company as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Yep, I used to be in Bromley with work and also worked for one of palace's sponsors. Been to a few games. Best atmosphere of the London grounds I've been to, love the ground and the few fans I met were good company as well.

Pity they've given allardyce a way back into football but I'm sure it'll be temporary

Holmesdale Hibs
13-04-2017, 06:10 PM
I have been to many Palace games HH. The play off final against W. Ham was a great weekend although the game itself was just a very nervy affair. Was in he Holmsdale the night Brighton got done 5-0 too, a good night in sarf London after that one!

The Palace fans in the Holmsdale lower really get the rest of the stadium rocking, great atmosphere and worth a trip if any Hibbies thinking about it.

Good to see other Hibees with a soft spot for Palace. Drop us a PM if anyone is ever going to Quinn's.

That Brighton game must have been amazing, Palace fans still sing about it (not one for the message boards though) and it's their 7-0.

Agree with your recommendation - it's usually possible to get tickets for a Palace game and it's a normally a great day out. I've been to most of the London grounds since I moved down but Selhurst is my favourite.

I wasn't a fan of Big Sam before he took the job hit he's definitely growing on me. Same with Lennon and Hibs, football loyalty is a funny thing.