PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we win the title, what do you think Lennon will do at the end of the season?

G B Young
10-04-2017, 07:29 PM
I thought the appointment of Neil Lennon was a very exciting one and while the football has been a long way short of the quality I hoped we'd see this season, he has (almost) got the job done that he was brought in to do. Personally I'd be happy to see what he can do next season in the top flight and I think we might be surprised by a better standard of football. I'd be surprised in fact if there wasn't a package being put together for him to consider.

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 07:39 PM
I hope he stays, but I'm starting to think he'll walk away at the end of the season. I can't put my finger on why I think this, but it's just a feeling.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 07:42 PM
I'm personally not bothered either way to be honest, i'm far from convinced with his tactics, or player recruitment.

If he stays i hope he does things better, if he goes i don't see us getting any worse.

Centre Hawf
I'll be honest in saying I've never really taken to Lennon as Hibernian Manager. I've tried to give him a clean slate but he's just not someone I've ever really liked and I'm not going to lie and say him being a Hibs man changes that.

But purely on his ability as Hibs manager I have to say as delighted as I am that he looks to have finally got us out this division, I'm not entirely impressed with how we've done it. If he was to move on at the end of the season I can't say I would be totally gutted. I'm happy for him to stay but I would very much like to see an improvement on the players he signs (emergency loans aside his permanent signings have been pretty poor) and the football we play as I dont think either would cut it in the top flight sadly.

Sir David Gray
He signed a 2 year deal so why can't he stay next season without necessarily signing a new contract?

mca
10-04-2017, 08:13 PM
He signed a 2 year deal so why can't he stay next season without necessarily signing a new contract?

Thread Killer !!! :greengrin

I Was Thinking he would stay next season just to see how he does in the spl but probably won't sign anything until he knows the player budget etc etc..

10-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Yes, that's what I think will happen. He'll be with us next season on his current contract.

G B Young
10-04-2017, 08:19 PM

My mistake. For some reason I thought he signed a one-year rolling deal. Nevertheless, if they're keen for him to stay I guess the club might want to go into the new season with Lennon on a longer-term contract.

calumhibee1
10-04-2017, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted out however I don't have an issue with him staying. Although my worry is that a lot of fans have that attitude and he may not get much time at all if things don't go well next season

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Some.posters on here are just incredible...honestly. wanting rid of a manager who has finally got us out of this league (who cares how we win it...I dont) beat hearts to a pulp in the cup and has us at Hampden for another semi. Some folk have desperately short memories they really do...I despair at this place sometimes...be careful what u wish for folks that's all I'm saying...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Smartie
10-04-2017, 08:23 PM
He'll stay, as he should.

If he gets us up, he's done his job. When we kicked the first ball of the season back in August I'd have bitten your hand off for being miles in front into April, in a cup semi final but moaning a bit about the style of football.

I'm convinced Lennon knows our weaknesses and what he needs to do about them, he's not even stopping far short of coming out and saying it.

I was worried he might be a bit half-arsed, that he'd lose a bit of passion being with us having been used to being at Celtic and clubs down South but his actions over the past few weeks haven't been anything short of totally committed.

We'll sell a very decent number of season tickets, get a few quid from the up run and he'll have a respectable budget to bring about the changes we need to make.

After that we can really judge him.

So far I like him. He's made mistakes, but every manager does.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Also don't get the general consensus on here that lennon is going anywhere...he is under contract?? So dunno where some folk are thinking he will be going at end of season

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Some.posters on here are just incredible...honestly. wanting rid of a manager who has finally got us out of this league (who cares how we win it...I dont) beat hearts to a pulp in the cup and has us at Hampden for another semi. Some folk have desperately short memories they really do...I despair at this place sometimes...be careful what u wish for folks that's all I'm saying...

Who is saying that?

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Who is saying that?
So far no one.

SMAXXA
10-04-2017, 08:29 PM

Here here this is where I am finding myself a lot on here hear days.

We need to have an uplift in revenue to allow him to bring in better next season given Lennon himself is costing the club a good salary which is impacting the budget this season. I'm confident he will do a great job for us however long he is here and I appreciate we have him and contrary to a post above I'm sure we could get a lot worse than him

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:30 PM
So far no one.

Aye but apart from that?

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Aye but apart from that?
I thought about it once.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:32 PM
I thought about it once.

:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Who is saying that?
Plenty are intimating they wouldn't be unhappy to see the back.of him...including yourself on this very thread

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Plenty are intimating they wouldn't be unhappy to see the back.of him...including yourself on this very thread

I wouldnt be bothered either way, if he stays fine, if he goes we get someone else.

As far as i can see nobody has said including myself, that they want him out, so being in despair at something nobody has said is a tad daft in my opinion?

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:37 PM
I wouldnt be bothered either way, if he stays fine, if he goes we get someone else.

As far as i can see nobody has said including myself, that they want him out, so being in despair at something nobody has said is a tad daft in my opinion?
Hardly in despair..il get over it don't worry

Just Alf
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM
My mistake. For some reason I thought he signed a one-year rolling deal. Nevertheless, if they're keen for him to stay I guess the club might want to go into the new season with Lennon on a longer-term contract.
I thought same as you :D

FWIW I hope he stays, I thin/hope he'll make us hard to beat and I do think with us back in the top league a.nd all g with his player pulling power we might see some decent players come into the squad. :agree:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM

Sitting on the fence as usual BH

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Hardly in despair..il get over it don't worry

You were the one who said you despair at this place for something that never happened, glad you have pulled yourself together so quickly. :wink:

J-C
10-04-2017, 08:42 PM

There's a difference in actually wanting him gone and not bothered if he went or not.

He's on a 2 yr deal, if he stays so be it, if he leaves it wouldn't bother me too much.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:43 PM
There's a difference in actually wanting him gone and not bothered if he went or not.

He's on a 2 yr deal, if he stays so be it, if he leaves it wouldn't bother me too much.
And why would he be going anywhere??? Walking out on contract after gaining promotion...his remit at start of season??

Pete
10-04-2017, 08:44 PM
You were the one who said you despair at this place for something that never happened, glad you have pulled yourself together so quickly. :wink:

He only said he despairs sometimes.

Maybe this isn't one of those times?

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:46 PM
FWIW i dont think he's going anywhere, and he will be our manager next season, but if he did leave he'd hardly be the first manager to leave mid contract, our last manager did just that after winning the bloody cup.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:48 PM
He only said he despairs sometimes.

Maybe this isn't one of those times?

Oh i think it was, but he's fine now.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 08:49 PM
FWIW i dont think he's going anywhere, and he will be our manager next season, but if he did leave he'd hardly be the first manager to leave mid contract, our last manager did just that after winning the bloody cup.

My view, is I hope he stays, but I'm not convinced he'll be our manager at the start of the season.
What we don't need is a pre season of uncertainty

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Oh i think it was, but he's fine now.
😂😂😂😂my sides are splitting here 😉

SMAXXA
My view, is I hope he stays, but I'm not convinced he'll be our manager at the start of the season.

What makes you think he might not be out of curiosity?

blackpoolhibs

Why do you think that Billy, as i have heard he's looking at a few players for next season down here in the north west.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
😂😂😂😂my sides are splitting here 😉

:greengrin

J-C
10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
And why would he be going anywhere??? Walking out on contract after gaining promotion...his remit at start of season??

He had one remit, get us up.

He might think the job his done and want bigger things now his rep is better than before, as I and a few are saying the football is crap right now but he's getting us up, whether he stays of goes so be it that's football and it happens.

10-04-2017, 08:54 PM
He'll stay, as he should.

If he gets us up, he's done his job. When we kicked the first ball of the season back in August I'd have bitten your hand off for being miles in front into April, in a cup semi final but moaning a bit about the style of football.

I'm convinced Lennon knows our weaknesses and what he needs to do about them, he's not even stopping far short of coming out and saying it.

I was worried he might be a bit half-arsed, that he'd lose a bit of passion being with us having been used to being at Celtic and clubs down South but his actions over the past few weeks haven't been anything short of totally committed.

We'll sell a very decent number of season tickets, get a few quid from the up run and he'll have a respectable budget to bring about the changes we need to make.

After that we can really judge him.

So far I like him. He's made mistakes, but every manager does.

Totally agree with this. I want him to stay and think we're lucky to have him.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2017, 08:55 PM
He had one remit, get us up.

He might think the job his done and want bigger things now his rep is better than before, as I and a few are saying the football is crap right now but he's getting us up, whether he stays of goes so be it that's football and it happens.
Fair enough...time will tell. Let's see what the summer brings us...

J-C
10-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Fair enough...time will tell. Let's see what the summer brings us...

Exactly, if he's here we'll support him and the team as normal, if he's not we'll support whoever they bring in. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 08:59 PM
What makes you think he might not be out of curiosity?

I can't put my finger on it, I know he's been looking at players for next season. Maybe just a hunch
Maybe wants too much change for next season!

Pete
10-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Exactly, if he's here we'll support him and the team as normal, if he's not we'll support whoever they bring in. :thumbsup:

Until we start losing. Then we'll boo.

Eyrie
10-04-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't know what Lennon's plans are, but I only want him to stay if there will be marked improvements in his signings and our performances next year.

weecounty hibby
10-04-2017, 09:19 PM
I would be disappointed if he left. I know we aren't winning as many games as we would all like but we certainly don't lose much. He has made us a team that grinds out results with pretty much the spine of the team that we had last year that always seemed to be able to lose last minute goals especially to Falkirk. He also says it as it is. Referees have been atrocious this year but spectacularly atrocious against us. Won't take any ****, stands up for the club, won't allow us to be bullied by teams, press or authorities. All of this is what a huge number of us have been saying we needed for years. I have no doubt that he knows the players he wants to love on and the type of player he wants to bring in to improve us further

ancient hibee
10-04-2017, 09:24 PM
If you win three SPL championships with Celtic and play in the Champions League and when you leave and then fancy another job can only get Bolton what on earth makes people think that winning a league of such a low standard as ours enhances your c.v.

I hope he stays.

CorrieHibs
10-04-2017, 09:26 PM
I'd want Lennon to stay. Although it's not been convincing as I thought it would be. His results in the big games have been good.

His signings have been mixed opinions. Rocky, shinnie, Efe and Commons have made good contributions. Holt, Graham and Humphrey.....the jury is still out.

I think he'll get a decent budget next season and will attract a good caliber of player.'Lennon knows where we need to improve and I'm sure we will. I think he'll get us 5th or even 4th providing he gets the right players and if we can beat St.Johnstone next season and then hopefully kick on from there.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Don't see him leaving.

There is only one other job he would take in Scotland. It's not available and he wouldn't get it if it was.

His family are settled up here and I don't think he would go to a job down south that is better than the job he has here.

Don't think the club will have any appetite to change the manager who has got us out of the league.

Thecat23
10-04-2017, 09:28 PM
I think he's away, and Hibs already have another manager lined up!

inglisavhibs
10-04-2017, 09:30 PM

Well said, astonishing views on here. Let's hope he stays and keeps us on the up.

stantonhibby
10-04-2017, 09:31 PM

Stubbs?

Brightside
10-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I think he will be looking for another role come the end of the season.

Heisenberg
10-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Surely Leeann and the board won't be overly happy with his actions recently. I don't think he'll leave but can see why its being discussed.

Michael
10-04-2017, 09:39 PM

Why though? Unless he just isn't enjoying it or doesn't see eye to eye with the board. I really can't see a bigger club coming in for him after one year in the championship.

ancient hibee
10-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Stubbs?

Hope not.

supermcginn
10-04-2017, 09:59 PM

That would be the best outcome for both hibs and lennon!

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 10:03 PM
He's going to win the cup then leave, it's the new hibs way :greengrin Then we bring back Stubbsy for 3 in a row.

Heisenberg
10-04-2017, 10:04 PM
I think he will be looking for another role come the end of the season.

Your own opinion or heard something?

Hi Heid Yin
10-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Lennon will stay next season and honour his 2 year contract, but he won't accept mediocrity and mid-table consolidation.

He is a winner and ambitious, and nothing less than a top 4 position would satisfy him on our return to the top flight.

The team currently at his disposal is not the team he will see/or sees in his head for next season. He has repeated ad nauseum the lack of ruthlessness and quality in the present side and so we can expect a cull, with maybe one or two surprises for all of us.

He will want Hibs to continue to dominate the Capital derby and to give the Glasgow pair and Aberdeen a run for their money and will want us to keep reaching those cup finals.

I think Lennon is thoroughly enjoying his time at Hibs and he will have no desire to up-sticks half way through his project simply for bigger money. He will want to finish what he has started and will do so whole heartedly until his contract is up and a bigger club and opportunity comes calling.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2017, 10:06 PM
There's quite a lot of talk just now from people who are concerned about him being unable to bring in players who will be able to change our style of play next season.

Let's look at his recruitment whilst he was at Celtic;

Charlie Mulgrew
Cha Du-ri
Joe Ledley
Daryl Murphy
Efrain Juarez
Gary Hooper
Beram Kayal
Daniel Majstorovic
Emilio Izaguirre
Anthony Stokes
Frederik Ljungberg
Kris Commons
Kelvin Wilson
Adam Matthews
Victor Wanyama
Mohamed Bangura
Mikael Lustig
Rabiu
Fraser Forster
Lassad Nouioui
Tom Rogic
Amido Balde
Virgil van Dijk
Derk Boerrigter
Nir Bitton
Teemu Pukki
Stefan Johansen
Leigh Griffiths

Quite a mixture there of good and bad buys but I would say the ones in bold were the best ones. I think that proves that he is able to identify good players. I realise that he was operating on a completely different kind of budget at Celtic but the principle's the same.

Brightside
10-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Your own opinion or heard something?

My own opinion based on informal chats with staff and players. I honestly don't think he is enjoying it. He wants us promoted then he should get other offers.

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm convinced we're going to do a Leicester and win the league. Everyone laughs at me when I say it, but I don't care. All these years I've been supporting hibs is leading to this moment.
for the record I will absolutely insufferable if it does happen :greengrin

Lancs Harp
10-04-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm convinced we're going to do a Leicester and win the league. Everyone laughs at me when I say it, but I don't care. All these years I've been supporting hibs is leading to this moment.
for the record I will absolutely insufferable if it does happen :greengrin

I'll buy into it.

'Mon the Hibs

scoopyboy
10-04-2017, 10:35 PM
I hope he is still our manager next season.

My concern isn't about him going, it's who takes his place if he does.

stantonhibby
10-04-2017, 10:42 PM

Would you be happy with Stubbs coming back?

Andy74
10-04-2017, 10:45 PM
This thread is mental. Mind you it does seem to reflect the way some fans are thinking.

We need to be a bit mindful of why we ended up here. Let's just try and let a manager and team settle in to a long term project and not keep thinking we can do better.

silverhibee
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM

Stubbs :dunno:

stantonhibby
10-04-2017, 10:49 PM
This thread is mental. Mind you it does seem to reflect the way some fans are thinking.

We need to be a bit mindful of why we ended up here. Let's just try and let a manager and team settle in to a long term project and not keep thinking we can do better.

Agree with this

jacomo
11-04-2017, 02:21 AM
I thought the appointment of Neil Lennon was a very exciting one and while the football has been a long way short of the quality I hoped we'd see this season, he has (almost) got the job done that he was brought in to do. Personally I'd be happy to see what he can do next season in the top flight and I think we might be surprised by a better standard of football. I'd be surprised in fact if there wasn't a package being put together for him to consider.

Assuming we win it, of course he should stay next season.

Those who argue otherwise are either at it or have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Ardenttwo
11-04-2017, 05:42 AM

I think it will depend on the budget he is given to improve our squad. We all know the present one is not nearly good enough for the Premier League. If they cannot or will not meet his ambitions he might walk We all know contracts count for nothing

Bay Area Hibees
11-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Man some folks. There are not many good managers out there people,
The guy is a winner.
Hope he gets support to rebuild but sounds like some folks not bothered about him leaving which quickly turns into Lennon gtf with some bad results

Zazu62
11-04-2017, 06:16 AM
He will want a crack at the SPL .. especially Sevco

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Man some folks. There are not many good managers out there people,
The guy is a winner.
Hope he gets support to rebuild but sounds like some folks not bothered about him leaving which quickly turns into Lennon gtf with some bad results

Would you rather folk just said everything was fine, or do you want a fans message board to reflect what they all think, good and bad?

For those who all think everything is hunky dory, do you wonder why there are quite a few supporters who wouldn't be bothered either way should he stay or go?

It could be folk are bored with this league, the football and the tactics employed? And if this was the first season in this division, and we were top and likely to win the league, we'd all be happy.

Yet with this being the 3rd season, even although crowds are up and we will win the league, most weeks its the same story, we've either scraped a win or drawn again in another borefest.

I'd say this is the main reason folk are a bit meh on this. Now this is hardly Lennons fault, he's just in the door, but i certainly expected better, but im as happy as everyone else we will be getting out of this league at last.

The real question here is do folk reckon he will improve us next year, as in my opinion we've not improved under him this season, the reason we will win this league is because we are the best of a bad bunch.

If he stays, i'm hoping his budget will be enough to make us much better, and he can get in the players we really do need to improve us.

My worry is, he brings in or even keeps some of the players like Holt, Keatings and others who are clearly never going to improve or improve us.

I have heard from a scout who scouts for a club here in the north west, that Lennon is looking at players down here, which would suggest he intends on staying?

My preference would be for him to stay, for the simple reason we don't want another pre season in turmoil, but as i originally said, if he did go it wouldn't really bother me, and that opinion as long as it breaks no rules is as valid as the next mans.

Callum_62
11-04-2017, 07:51 AM
id be gutted if he left

For too long we have been everyones whipping boys, too quiet to make a fuss, or complain. Never put pressure on refs or the likes

"Hibs class" as i think its often referred as

Now we finally have someone with a bit of a nasty streak

Whos only remit was to win the league

Which looks like he will achieve and then some (who knows about the cup)

Cant understand the attitute of "no fussed" if he goes

HFCdeb
11-04-2017, 07:59 AM
I thought same as you :D

FWIW I hope he stays, I thin/hope he'll make us hard to beat and I do think with us back in the top league a.nd all g with his player pulling power we might see some decent players come into the squad. :agree:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to vote but I thought he only had a one year contract, too.
I agree re: player pulling power. I know recruitment has been a popular complaint on this board this season but it really shouldn't be dismissed that we may not have been an attractive prospect to big talent given that, after three full seasons, we're still in the Championship.
I sincerely hope we have Lennon for a couple of seasons after promotion, his emergency loan signings show the appeal he has in this country and I genuinely think most reasonable Hibbies will have taken "promotion at any cost" at the beginning of the season. He's well on target and I'm delighted that we also have yet another trip to Hampden to look forward to as well.

Jones28
11-04-2017, 09:17 AM
id be gutted if he left

For too long we have been everyones whipping boys, too quiet to make a fuss, or complain. Never put pressure on refs or the likes

"Hibs class" as i think its often referred as

Now we finally have someone with a bit of a nasty streak

Whos only remit was to win the league

Which looks like he will achieve and then some (who knows about the cup)

Cant understand the attitute of "no fussed" if he goes

Re your last point, 13 draws in 32 games is mostly to blame.

BegbieHSC
11-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Hear hear!
Looking forward to see how far Lenny can take us in the Premiership!

marleyhib
11-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Like him, hope he stays.

I am sure he has ambitions to manage at a higher level again, getting us promoted is a step in that direction for him but realistically it doesn't prove much.

I'd expect him to be here next season.

Keith_M
11-04-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to persuade my Dad to accept the offer of a Season Ticket for next season and he's adamant that he has no interest in watching 'Neil Lennon Style Fitbaw''.

It's currently a hard sell (even though he'd be getting the ticket for free).

I personally would like to see what Lennon could do against Premier teams, with a (hopefully) revamped squad, but the auld yin's taking some persuading.

SirDavidsNapper
11-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Would be a massive blow if he left. He's our biggest ever managerial coup. Can't think of a higher profile appointment in our history. I'm looking forward to see who he can bring in this summer.

James70
11-04-2017, 09:49 AM
If he were to leave I think that it would be more down to his frustrations with the Scottish football authorities than anything else.

BullsCloseHibs
11-04-2017, 10:01 AM
100% want Lenny to STAY. He's a fantastic young manager. He can build and make us better.

lucky
11-04-2017, 10:15 AM
We currently have the most successful manager in Scotland. Why anyone would think we need to get him out is a joke. He was brought in to get us promoted, job done. He's got us in the semi final of the Scottish cup. We've beaten hearts and extended our non losing streak to 7 games against them. Changing manager every 18 months has been part of our problem. I hope Lenny is given the time and money to build a decent squad capable of competing at the top of the premiership.

Betty Boop
11-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Can't see him playing second fiddle to Brendan Rodgers somehow.

Swedish hibee
11-04-2017, 10:21 AM
He will go. Absolutely.

ancient hibee
11-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Can't see him playing second fiddle to Brendan Rodgers somehow.

Surely he'd be more interested in beating him.Now that would be a feather in his cap because he would do it with inferior players.Even finishing second would widen his job prospects down south while winning this league means absolutely zilch.

1van Sprou7e
11-04-2017, 10:29 AM
He will go. Absolutely.

Based on what?

Johnny Clash
11-04-2017, 10:29 AM
'Should he stay or should he go?'

He should definitely stay..

He'll be a Hibee legend one day !

pacoluna
11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Stubbs :dunno:
He had his chance however decided to go to a pathetic lower league english club by name and stature. His reason? He didn't think he could take the club further .. hmmm let me think about that, maybe meeting his objective and getting us promoted perhaps? The job wasn't even half complete let alone finished.

I wanted Stubbs to stay at the time obviously because of the Scottish cup but I don't want him back. He made his choice, he will learn.

I also don't hide the fact I prefer lennon, I like his passion, I like the anger, I like how he doesn't hide his emotion and I like the fact he is meeting his objective.

pacoluna
11-04-2017, 10:46 AM
I'm trying to persuade my Dad to accept the offer of a Season Ticket for next season and he's adamant that he has no interest in watching 'Neil Lennon Style Fitbaw''.

It's currently a hard sell (even though he'd be getting the ticket for free).

I personally would like to see what Lennon could do against Premier teams, with a (hopefully) revamped squad, but the auld yin's taking some persuading.

Giving our attendances this season your dad very much seems to be in the minority.

Smartie
11-04-2017, 10:57 AM
He had his chance however decided to go to a pathetic lower league english club by name and stature. His reason? He didn't think he could take the club further .. hmmm let me think about that, maybe meeting his objective and getting us promoted perhaps? The job wasn't even half complete let alone finished.

I wanted Stubbs to stay at the time obviously because of the Scottish cup but I don't want him back. He made his choice, he will learn.

I also don't hide the fact I prefer lennon, I like his passion, I like the anger, I like how he doesn't hide his emotion and I like the fact he is meeting his objective.

I would have liked Stubbs to stay, mainly because I think by the end of last season he'd have known exactly what he needed to do over the summer to get us ready for the new season.

Lennon had to start from scratch. He'd had his spell at the Euros, and coming in cold, the main thing he''d have heard about Hibs were that we were the Scottish Cup holders and had received quite a lot of praise for a couple of seasons. I suspect he'll have thought we were closer to the finished article than we were/ are and a little bit of tinkering by adding a couple of big man options up front, and getting a bit of pace in in January (by signing Humphries) would be enough.

The main reason I would want Lennon to stay is that he will know EXACTLY what our strengths and weaknesses are and what he plans to do about them.

If we change manager again, a new manager will come in and likely be quite chuffed that he's taken over a squad that achieved their aims and won the league the year before and it may well be this time next year before he really realises that we aren't as good as many think we are.

Our biggest problem from the decade following the Mowbray era was selling good players and replacing them with poor ones. Our second biggest problem was the managerial revolving door that we had. We could really do with a bit of stability and unless they are an absolute disaster, no manager should be leaving after a year.

Swedish hibee
11-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Based on what?

His ego.

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2017, 10:59 AM

:top marks

Craig_in_Prague
11-04-2017, 11:00 AM
I think he's actually enjoying it at Hibs and our performances in the biggest games, have been excellent.
He'll win us the league (regardless of how stylish), whilst we're back at Hampden again and anything can happen.
I think he'll stay, sign 3-4 decent players and we'll be pushing for a top 5 finish and play good enough football in the process.
We look much more solid, which is always a good base to move forward.

Not sure, what else there is to discuss.
close the thread ;)

1van Sprou7e
11-04-2017, 11:00 AM
His ego.

So ***** all then

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2017, 11:04 AM
His ego.

He is a winner, is that wrong?:confused:

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2017, 11:10 AM
I think a lot will depend on whether a decent sized English club comes in for him in the close season. He may be tempted if one does, as I don't think he stood much chance of succeeding at Bolton due to their off the field problems.

As things stand though I think NL will be fully intending being Hibs Manager next season. In recent months Hibs have got under his skin and he's clearly passionate about the Club. I'd love to see him here and if the Club back him financially in the transfer market I think NL will lead us to a successful season.

WeeRussell
11-04-2017, 11:13 AM

It's not that incredible. I would say the majority of fans agreed at the time that it was time for Fenlon to go - he had go us to two cup finals in a row, kept us in the league above our current one, and the football was no worse than what we see now.

Scouse Hibee
11-04-2017, 11:13 AM
God help us if Lennon goes and we find ourselves in another "transitional" period again. Relegation candidates all over again. Not entirely satisfied with our style of football but continuity is needed to establish ourselves back in the SPL.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Assuming we win it, of course he should stay next season.

Those who argue otherwise are either at it or have lost sight of the bigger picture.
100% mate

CockneyRebel
11-04-2017, 11:19 AM

I remember at the start of the season most folk (including me) saying they didn't care how we did it as long as we went up. If we played eye bleeding football but did the job that would be fine - just get us up. Fast forward and lots of folk now moaning about the quality of the football and lack of entertainment but we are top of the league by a good bit and looking just one result away from clinching promotion before the season ends. Before a ball was kicked this season we would all have snatched the hand off of anyone who offered us this scenario. Sure it would have been nicer to have won in style but if the aim was promotion by hook or by crook then FFS stop moaning and look towards the cup semi and to next season.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 11:23 AM
I remember at the start of the season most folk (including me) saying they didn't care how we did it as long as we went up. If we played eye bleeding football but did the job that would be fine - just get us up. Fast forward and lots of folk now moaning about the quality of the football and lack of entertainment but we are top of the league by a good bit and looking just one result away from clinching promotion before the season ends. Before a ball was kicked this season we would all have snatched the hand off of anyone who offered us this scenario. Sure it would have been nicer to have won in style but if the aim was promotion by hook or by crook then FFS stop moaning and look towards the cup semi and to next season.
100 % mate I just find the attitude of some on here incredible...he has/nearly has achieved his remit plus we have put in to date a robust defence of our cup. Far too many teary eyed look back at the Stubbs era and forget how he failed.miserably twice to get us promoted...ok hearts and Sevco were around but the 1st season down Sevco were quite frankly ###te and last season we finished 3rd below Falkirk. Now we sit comfortably top and on our way back up at last and it's still not good enough for some. I really hope we aren't facing another summer of transition and upheaval as it's not what we need as we prepare for the Prem

Lago
11-04-2017, 11:43 AM
100 % mate I just find the attitude of some on here incredible...he has/nearly has achieved his remit plus we have put in to date a robust defence of our cup. Far too many teary eyed look back at the Stubbs era and forget how he failed.miserably twice to get us promoted...ok hearts and Sevco were around but the 1st season down Sevco were quite frankly ###te and last season we finished 3rd below Falkirk. Now we sit comfortably top and on our way back up at last and it's still not good enough for some. I really hope we aren't facing another summer of transition and upheaval as it's not what we need as we prepare for the Prem

Unlike you and I, along with some others, too many don't remember the bad ' good old days'

1van Sprou7e
11-04-2017, 11:44 AM
God help us if Lennon goes and we find ourselves in another "transitional" period again. Relegation candidates all over again. Not entirely satisfied with our style of football but continuity is needed to establish ourselves back in the SPL.

Even if Lennon leaves we'd have to do a lot of things wrong to be relegation candidates next season, the bottom 6 of the premiership is sheit

Big L
11-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Lennons decision to join Bolton just amazed me, his rep took a right going over there. His next move after Bolton had to be something to rebuild his career and Hibs were the ideal opportunity to do just that, it was a calculated move on his part. The big picture is to establish himself with a decent club in the English Championship with a view to getting a Prem club, we are just a stepping stone. He is ambitious and like the majority of managers he will want to ply his trade in England, that's where the big money is. If an offer comes in from the right club he will be off IMO.

Lago
11-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Even if Lennon leaves we'd have to do a lot of things wrong to be relegation candidates next season, the bottom 6 of the premiership is sheit
I admire your ambition for Hibs next season.

Scouse Hibee
11-04-2017, 11:54 AM

No one knows what the standard of the teams in the bottom six will be next season, similar to Hibs situation really. We've been too good to get relegated before!

Since90+2
11-04-2017, 12:09 PM
I am the same as a few others, if he stays then I will be happy enough with that and he will get the backing he deserves , however if he does decide he wants another crack at England I wont be massively gutted.

Hibs back in the Premiership with an increased wage budget due to potentially record breaking season ticket sales is an attractive proposition for alot of managers. If Lennon decides he wants another challenge then I have no doubt a manager of a similar calibre can be brought in.

Speedway
11-04-2017, 12:39 PM
I saw the recruitment of Lennon as hugely ambitious and a good fit for both sides.

The jury on his first season is out however, until the season's outcomes are known for sure.

In the interim therefore, I submit two questions for discussion:

1. For those who don't want him here, how much is that opinion fuelled by the romantic notion of Stubbs' return?

and

2. For those who do want Stubbs return, is it possible that Stubbs is a complete chancer of a a manager whose bottle crashed in the league twice, got lucky in one of the cups once and got found out as a manager as soon as he jumped ship to Tin Pot FC without so much of a sniff of another job since last October?

Diclonius
11-04-2017, 12:40 PM
If he stays - that's great, sign some new strikers please.

If he goes - ah well, cheers for promotion Neil, give Stubbs a call.

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 12:48 PM

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalkwell said!!! I've only got 1 thing to say cathro!

guthrie01
11-04-2017, 12:51 PM
I saw the recruitment of Lennon as hugely ambitious and a good fit for both sides.

The jury on his first season is out however, until the season's outcomes are known for sure.

1. For those who don't want him here, how much is that opinion fuelled by the romantic notion of Stubbs' return?

and

2. For those who do want Stubbs return, is it possible that Stubbs is a complete chancer of a a manager whose bottle crashed in the league twice, got lucky in one of the cups once and got found out as a manager as soon as he jumped ship to Tin Pot FC without so much of a sniff of another job since last October?

Absolute garbage! How you can speak about the man who ended our 114 year wait for the Cup in that way is beyond me. He was on the verge of becoming our greatest ever manager had a few things went in our direction. "Got lucky in the cups"... because beating Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Inverness, Dundee United and more high quality teams was all down to luck I'm sure :rolleyes:

Speedway
11-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Absolute garbage! How you can speak about the man who ended our 114 year wait for the Cup in that way is beyond me. He was on the verge of becoming our greatest ever manager had a few things went in our direction. "Got lucky in the cups"... because beating Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Inverness, Dundee United and more high quality teams was all down to luck I'm sure :rolleyes:

Will Lennon become our greatest ever manager if he wins the double?

guthrie01
11-04-2017, 12:55 PM

Probably, would certainly put him up there with the greats.
Just winning one of the weakest Championships with a 50% win rate however ? Not a chance

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 12:58 PM
That would be the best outcome for both hibs and lennon!in your (minority) opinion!

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 01:11 PM
It's not that incredible. I would say the majority of fans agreed at the time that it was time for Fenlon to go - he had go us to two cup finals in a row, kept us in the league above our current one, and the football was no worse than what we see now.And that worked out well didn't it!

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Absolute garbage! How you can speak about the man who ended our 114 year wait for the Cup in that way is beyond me. He was on the verge of becoming our greatest ever manager had a few things went in our direction. "Got lucky in the cups"... because beating Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Inverness, Dundee United and more high quality teams was all down to luck I'm sure :rolleyes:and he was 10 mins away from being our worst!

Gatecrasher
11-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I would like Lennon to stay, I didn't even know there were rumours about him leaving until I came on here. I like the fact he is unhappy with the team and the way they are performing because so am I. I want to see him bring his own players in and have the team perform the way he wants them. Lennon's Celtic side were a handful at times and had some cracking players and were ruthless when they needed to be.

guthrie01
11-04-2017, 01:25 PM
and he was 10 mins away from being our worst!

That is true, it's a good thing David Gray put that ball into the net then :wink:

When Stubbs team was at 100% I felt we could beat anyone. Sadly I haven't felt that way this season, hoping it changes for the end of our Cup run.

eastmainsmsh
11-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Partner Ann budge on celebrity come dancing 🕺

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2017, 01:59 PM

No he absolutely was not

J-C
11-04-2017, 01:59 PM

You can never become a great Hibs manager by winning this ****ty league with a 50% win average.

1van Sprou7e
11-04-2017, 02:03 PM
That is true, it's a good thing David Gray put that ball into the net then :wink:

When Stubbs team was at 100% I felt we could beat anyone. Sadly I haven't felt that way this season, hoping it changes for the end of our Cup run.

I still feel we're good enough to beat Aberdeen or rangers. Celtic maybe less so but they are on another level this season

JDHibs
11-04-2017, 02:14 PM
So...

Some people arent fussed if Lennon stays, even though he is meeting his target, getting us promoted.

and even yet, some people would like Stubbs back even though he failed in his only target, twice, without even getting us close? Putting the Scottish cup win to the side obviously and looking at each managers remits.

Makes sense. I am happy if he stays, i think Lennon over estimated the squad he had or under estimated the league. He wont do that again. We will have a decent budget to challenge top 4/5, he will put his own mark on this squad in the summer once we a we up!

Get us over the line then lets look forward to next season!

we are hibs
11-04-2017, 02:58 PM

and

explain how Stubbs bottle crashed in our first season in this league? There's a lot of people with short memories when it comes to Stubbs in our support. Some of the comments about him, a man who will forever be a hibs legend regardless of what some say, is embarrassing.

Lennon will have done his job and no more this season unless we retain the cup. We've been unimpressive this season to say the least and will need a major improvement next season and I'm really unsure if Lennon is the man to recruit the right players.

guthrie01
11-04-2017, 03:10 PM
explain how Stubbs bottle crashed in our first season in this league? There's a lot of people with short memories when it comes to Stubbs in our support. Some of the comments about him, a man who will forever be a hibs legend regardless of what some say, is embarrassing.

Lennon will have done his job and no more this season unless we retain the cup. We've been unimpressive this season to say the least and will need a major improvement next season and I'm really unsure if Lennon is the man to recruit the right players.

:agree: Ridiculous some of the comments about Stubbs, him and Leeann turned this club into something special again. People love to say he finished third but we are on track to match or even WORSE last seasons points tally in a less competitive league ??? :confused:

The Scottish Cup win, 16k average crowds and a solid squad all thanks to Stubbsy and his team.

Hero forever !

:gwa:

Stevie Reid
11-04-2017, 03:16 PM
I have made my feelings on Lennon perfectly clear in the Morton v Hibs thread - I am very pleased with him, and am very much looking forward to him managing us in the SPL (all being well in the run-in).

I'm really surprised that so many people wouldn't be bothered if he left after promotion, especially given our track record in appointing managers. Lennon is the first time since Collins that we've managed to follow a good appointment with another good one.

Keith_M
11-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Giving our attendances this season your dad very much seems to be in the minority.

Hopefully it stays that way, then.

:wink:

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 05:33 PM

When Stubbs team was at 100% I felt we could beat anyone. Sadly I haven't felt that way this season, hoping it changes for the end of our Cup run.I agree stubbs team when they played well were magnificent.Stubbs is a legend and always will be but lennon has done what he was employed to do and get us promoted anyway he had to!

stantonsboots
11-04-2017, 05:36 PM
I still feel we're good enough to beat Aberdeen or rangers. Celtic maybe less so but they are on another level this seasonTotally agree I fear no one in Scotland barr celtic who are miles ahead of everyone at the moment.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Aye we stuck with a dud out of blind loyalty even though it was clear as day it wasn't working 😉

I'm sort of only joking and Lennon certainly hasn't been a dud. When I think about it in the cold light of day I really want to be patient and I can sort of see that if he can bring the right attackers in to compliment our solid defence that's a basis for a very good team.

I'm a complete hypocrite though as if you look at any of my posts after we've played I am saying I'm happy for him to leave.

Overall despite the above and his relative success I think I am in the camp that'd be happy for him to leave. I think Lennons fear of defeat far outweighs his desire to win and that will always make it difficult for his teams to be attacking sides that scores goals, this season has been bearable due to us having a championship to compete for, the same type of football next season competing for a mid table place in the premier league will drive the crowds away in their droves.

CathroMustStay
11-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Neil Lennon will get a bumper new contract. :flag:

Lago
11-04-2017, 06:23 PM
:agree: Ridiculous some of the comments about Stubbs, him and Leeann turned this club into something special again. People love to say he finished third but we are on track to match or even WORSE last seasons points tally in a less competitive league ??? :confused:

The Scottish Cup win, 16k average crowds and a solid squad all thanks to Stubbsy and his team.

Hero forever !

:gwa:
At the end of the season when Hibs are promoted the points total will be academic, the reality will be under Lennon promotion, under Stubbs 3rd place & beaten by Falkirk in the play offs. Nothing else matters.

ancient hibee
11-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Aye we stuck with a dud out of blind loyalty even though it was clear as day it wasn't working 😉

I'm sort of only joking and Lennon certainly hasn't been a dud. When I think about it in the cold light of day I really want to be patient and I can sort of see that if he can bring the right attackers in to compliment our solid defence that's a basis for a very good team.

I'm a complete hypocrite though as if you look at any of my posts after we've played I am saying I'm happy for him to leave.

Overall despite the above and his relative success I think I am in the camp that'd be happy for him to leave. I think Lennons fear of defeat far outweighs his desire to win and that will always make it difficult for his teams to be attacking sides that scores goals, this season has been bearable due to us having a championship to compete for, the same type of football next season competing for a mid table place in the premier league will drive the crowds away in their droves.

This is really tosh.You talk about his relative success,What on earth is relative about being top of the league and in a cup semi?
Where is the evidence that he prefers not losing to winning?I wonder how he won championships and progressed in European football with that attitude.
I've spoken to a few supporters who are not on this site.They're pretty amazed whenI tell them what some of the threads are about.A couple suggested we should be Hibs Nutters not Netters.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 07:58 PM
This is really tosh.You talk about his relative success,What on earth is relative about being top of the league and in a cup semi?
Where is the evidence that he prefers not losing to winning?I wonder how he won championships and progressed in European football with that attitude.
I've spoken to a few supporters who are not on this site.They're pretty amazed whenI tell them what some of the threads are about.A couple suggested we should be Hibs Nutters not Netters.

What's relative about this success? It's the championship, it's a terrible standard and we've drawn 13 games. A good hibs team would never have dropped so many points. The cup semi is great but let's be honest, the draw has been pretty kind to us so far. Again happy to be top of the league and in the cup semi final though but it doesn't tell the whole story of how we've performed this year.

The evidence he prefers not losing to winning? 13 draws but only 3 (or 4 maybe?) defeats all season.

Funnily enough i too speak to hibs supporters that don't post on here and despite us winning the league they've been bored stiff most of the season, thankfully though they're capable of discussing performances without being a dick about it.

stantonhibby
11-04-2017, 08:17 PM
What's relative about this success? It's the championship, it's a terrible standard and we've drawn 13 games. A good hibs team would never have dropped so many points. The cup semi is great but let's be honest, the draw has been pretty kind to us so far. Again happy to be top of the league and in the cup semi final though but it doesn't tell the whole story of how we've performed this year.

The evidence he prefers not losing to winning? 13 draws but only 3 (or 4 maybe?) defeats all season.

Funnily enough i too speak to hibs supporters that don't post on here and despite us winning the league they've been bored stiff most of the season, thankfully though they're capable of discussing performances without being a dick about it.

Since when was away to Hearts a kind draw?

lord bunberry
11-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Since 2012

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2017, 08:20 PM

since 2012.

heretoday
11-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I suspect Lennon's ambitions lie south of the border. Winning the title will further those ambitions whereas a season possibly in the lower half of the SPL won't.

So he might be offski in the summer.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 08:24 PM

Since they appointed Cathro.

Surely everyone can admit we've had a pretty decent draw in the Scottish cup so far this year? One premiership side and in the semi finals is a good draw. Can only beat the teams we're drawn against so Lennon has done well to get us this far but I'm not getting carried away by it and no I'm not convinced it tells us much about his overall management of the team this season.

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2017, 08:25 PM

I don't think that the standard of Championship is any worse that most of the Premier. Apart from the top 3 in the Premier, I reckon every other team would struggle to do any better than us in this league. There are no mugs in the Championship this year unlike previous seasons with the likes of Cowdenbeath, Alloa an Livingston. Dunfermline were probably the best team we've seen at Easter Road for several seasons and they're mid table.

I do agree our performances haven't been brilliant this season. However it's looking like we're going to win the league fairly comfortably, and if we do, then well done Neil Lennon. What he has achieved is a good record in the key games; something which Hibs have failed to do repeatedly for many years - Cup games aside of course:greengrin

stantonhibby
11-04-2017, 08:27 PM
since 2012.

Fair enough but you know what I mean. We've lost to many a sheite Hearts team

bigwheel
11-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Some of the views on here are incredibly negative.....we are now troubled about the manner in which we won the league.... First world problems !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
11-04-2017, 08:35 PM

Why is it always people who have no answer who resort to personal insults?

Success is judged by outcomes not by how it's achieved.There is nothing relative about our success.Glad to learn that Hearts is an easy draw.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Why is it always people who have no answer tenor resort to personal insults?

Success is judged by outcomes not by how it's achieved.There is nothing relative about our success.Glad to learn that Hearts is an easy draw.

"This really is absolute tosh" was your opening line. IMO when you start responses like that it's not a reasoned debate you're asking for.

I disagree with your last paragraph and as for your last sentence you're well aware Hearts was only one of the games in what has been an otherwise favourable draw.

Alex Trager
11-04-2017, 08:42 PM
It's funny that folk were begging for us to just win it at all costs.
Who cares about style was the cry last season.

Now this season, ' where is the ****ing style lennon?!'

Smartie
11-04-2017, 08:43 PM

I think you're being a bit harsh about Lennon's mindset.

I reckon our lack of goals and inability to turn draws into victories is driving Neil Lennon more mental than any of us fans.

He's managed to improve our defence and do a bit more with the defenders he found at the club than with the attacking players (and with the players he subsequently signed).

I honestly don't think he fears defeat. I just don't think he's found the answers to getting us scoring more goals.

You don't get anywhere in football shipping too many goals. Our main problem with Stubbs was scoring enough goals, but we still had that weakness that saw us losing some silly, late goals. Lennon has certainly improved this area.

I think Lennon just understands the need to keep the back door shut, and if you don't lose many you have the perfect platform upon which to build a team that wins games. He just needs to suss out our attacking play.

His Celtic side had no problem scoring goals.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 08:44 PM
It's funny that folk were begging for us to just win it at all costs.
Who cares about style was the cry last season.

Now this season, ' where is the ****ing style lennon?!'

It's not the style people are missing, it's the wins.

If we can't beat these teams when we've got a far bigger budget than them then of course people will be concerned about making the step up next season.

Alex Trager
11-04-2017, 08:46 PM

If we can't beat these teams when we've got a far bigger budget than them then of course people will be concerned about making the step up next season.

Whilst that is a fair point, we have won the games that matter.

We could have done it faster but there has been no need to do so.

No one has chased us, if they had it may have been different.

Win the league.
Will you care in two weeks that we drew a lot of games when we have this league out the way?

I won't.

bingo70
11-04-2017, 08:52 PM

Win the league.
Will you care in two weeks that we drew a lot of games when we have this league out the way?

I won't.

No but I'll still have my concerns about next season and that's what this thread is ultimately about imo, nobody is calling for him to be sacked but I've got my concerns about next season so if he was to choose to walk I wouldn't be disappointed.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2017, 08:53 PM

Win the league.

I won't.

I have not read anyone say they wont be happy when we eventually win the league, and i think we've won it already as i dont see any of the challengers reaching the points total we have now.

What i have read is people coming back from almost every game saying how poor the fare was, should they just lie and say everything was great and they enjoyed every minute of the borefest?

Alex Trager
11-04-2017, 08:54 PM
No but I'll still have my concerns about next season and that's what this thread is ultimately about imo, nobody is calling for him to be sacked but I've got my concerns about next season so if he was to choose to walk I wouldn't be disappointed.

I think we have recruited poorly to be honest.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

I agree regards the lack of wins.

One thing to consider is they haven't been losses, which they generally were last year.

I think he'll stay and we'll push on next season

Alex Trager
11-04-2017, 08:56 PM
I have not read anyone say they wont be happy when we eventually win the league, and i think we've won it already as i dont see any of the challengers reaching the points total we have now.

What i have read is people coming back from almost every game saying how poor the fare was, should they just lie and say everything was great and they enjoyed every minute of the borefest?

I agree it has been massively boring at times this season.

Incredibly boring.

I think it'll improve next season fwiw.

If he stays that is

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2017, 09:00 PM
I agree it has been massively boring at times this season.

Incredibly boring.

I think it'll improve next season fwiw.

If he stays that is

Lets hope so matey. :pray:

Alex Trager
11-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Lets hope so matey. :pray:

[emoji1360]

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Since they appointed Cathro.

Surely everyone can admit we've had a pretty decent draw in the Scottish cup so far this year? One premiership side and in the semi finals is a good draw. Can only beat the teams we're drawn against so Lennon has done well to get us this far but I'm not getting carried away by it and no I'm not convinced it tells us much about his overall management of the team this season.
So.now beating Hearts is not considered some sort of achievement...btw back then a hearts team that were in decent form. Some forget that they had dismantled Sevco and murderwell before the 1st game at PBS. Guess some on here just point blank refuse to give lennon credit for anything it would seem...

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Some of the views on here are incredibly negative.....we are now troubled about the manner in which we won the league.... First world problems !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's crazy mate...no wonder many Hibs fans stay off here...just mental sometimes it really is

Lago
11-04-2017, 09:21 PM
:aok:
So.now beating Hearts is not considered some sort of achievement...btw back then a hearts team that were in decent form. Some forget that they had dismantled Sevco and murderwell before the 1st game at PBS. Guess some on here just point blank refuse to give lennon credit for anything it would seem...

Hibrandenburg
11-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Have beer?

Onion
11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
He'll be happy to sign a new deal but will want assurances on transfer funds / player wages that Hibs will be unable to meet. Expect him to move on, and Stubbs to return.

WeeRussell
11-04-2017, 09:41 PM

And some forget that was a rangers team whose manager was set to walk out and put in possibly the worst, gutless display ever from a huns team. And that Motherwell went down to ten men. Hearts weren't really in all that great form - their fans (and others) got excited after two results.

I'm not saying Lennon doesn't deserve credit by the way. Just pointing out it's not only people on the other side of your argument that are choosing memories selectively.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:43 PM
And some forget that was a rangers team whose manager was set to walk out and put in possibly the worst, gutless display ever from a huns team. And that Motherwell went down to ten men. Hearts weren't really in all that great form - their fans (and others) got excited after two results.

I'm not saying Lennon doesn't deserve credit by the way. Just pointing out it's not only people on the other side of your argument that are choosing memories selectively.
I'm not saying hearts are Brazil here btw...but if we have now reached a stage where a derby win in a cup against our city rivals a league above us isn't a worthy achievement ...well we have come on leaps and bounds in last few years.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:44 PM
He'll be happy to sign a new deal but will want assurances on transfer funds / player wages that Hibs will be unable to meet. Expect him to move on, and Stubbs to return.
Can I ask what ur basing this info on?? Inside knowledge or is it just a hunch??

WeeRussell
11-04-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying hearts are Brazil here btw...but if we have now reached a stage where a derby win in a cup against our city rivals a league above us isn't a worthy achievement ...well we have come on leaps and bounds in last few years.

No, you're absolutely correct. Winning a Derby is always an achievement.

I'm merely pointing out that hearts are *****, were ***** and are set to continue to be ***** :)

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:45 PM
No, you're absolutely correct. Winning a Derby is always an achievement.

I'm merely pointing out that hearts are *****, were ***** and are set to continue to be ***** :)
Nice way to talk about ur team u support....

stantonhibby
11-04-2017, 09:47 PM

He's talking about Hearts

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Apologies mate I misunderstood ur "were" I see what u meant now apologies

WeeRussell

Thanks.

I had thought he was accusing me of something but reckon he's just confused "were" with "we're" haha.

Borderhibbie76
Thanks I misunderstood his post my apologies

WeeRussell
11-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Apologies mate I misunderstood ur "were" I see what u meant now apologies

Haha no hassle mate (thumbs up)

stantonhibby
11-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks I misunderstood his post my apologies

No bother...Assumed that was the case

Andy74
11-04-2017, 09:51 PM

I'm not missing the losses though or the being behind Falkirk. What was it, 8 defeats last year against 3 this time?

hibsitis
11-04-2017, 09:53 PM
I haven't read all this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating but where do people think Lennon would be off to if he were to leave? I can't see his stock having risen substantially this season.

mca
11-04-2017, 10:52 PM
I haven't read all this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating but where do people think Lennon would be off to if he were to leave? I can't see his stock having risen substantially this season.

Away to Yorkshire. :wink:

we are hibs
12-04-2017, 07:09 AM
At the end of the season when Hibs are promoted the points total will be academic, the reality will be under Lennon promotion, under Stubbs 3rd place & beaten by Falkirk in the play offs. Nothing else matters.

Right, so ending 114 years of waiting for the Scottish cup didn't matter. Good one.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-04-2017, 07:23 AM
For what its worth, i think both sides of this argument are kinda right.

Lennon has (almost) done what needed to be done. He also nearly managed to pull-off a not inconsiderable European victory.

It doesnt, and it never has mattered how that has been achieved, amd the margins are pretty fine - an additional four goals this season to turn four draws into wins and we would have absolutely romped it.

I agree the fitba hasnt been the best, but i was regularly bored watching Stubbs team pass laterally and be completely impotent and soft when it mattered.

I think Lennon has done well, BUT i think we habe to improve next season. That will probably be on the back of selling a player or two.

Lennon will know we need more goals, and he will look to address that.

Cup defence has been a good bonus, which IMO takes this season to being above par.

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Can I ask what ur basing this info on?? Inside knowledge or is it just a hunch??

stubbs won't return so soon, stop with the obsession

Borderhibbie76
12-04-2017, 08:45 AM
stubbs won't return so soon, stop with the obsession
Far from.it mate if u read my posts on this thread u will see exactly what I think...I don't particularly want stubbs back am 100% behind lennon

bingo70
12-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Away to Yorkshire. :wink:

Apologies if I'm missing a joke here but is this a rumour you've heard?

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Far from.it mate if u read my posts on this thread u will see exactly what I think...I don't particularly want stubbs back am 100% behind lennon

replied to wrong person :greengrin

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Apologies if I'm missing a joke here but is this a rumour you've heard?
That's where stubbs went.

Steve20
12-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Stubbs will always be well remembered for winning the cup and rightly so. But in terms of the league, Lennon has done a better job as he's about to get us promoted rather than finishing 3rd and losing the playoffs.

The amount of poor performances are concerning, but I'm sure Lennon will stay and our squad may well have a very different look to it in the Premier League.

Mikey09
12-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Totally agree. We have a manager who is on the verge of taking us back to the premier league, rag dolled Hawrts, sticks up for his players, staff, the club and fans, and has us in the Scottish Cup Semi finals... And some want him gone cause they "Dinnae really like him." Incredible.

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Totally agree. We have a manager who is on the verge of taking us back to the premier league, rag dolled Hawrts, sticks up for his players, staff, the club and fans, and has us in the Scottish Cup Semi finals... And some want him gone cause they "Dinnae really like him." Incredible.

I feel that is their cause for disapproval as well, just purely the fact they don't like him which is pathetic.

Its the same squad basically that has failed twice before and if anything its a weaker squad this season that is succeeding in its objective.

I can't add up the sums that equate to people not approving or liking the job lennon is doing, It baffles me. Only reason I can see is as mentioned before.. just pure dislike of Nl.

Jones28
12-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Terry Butcher will forever hold that title. If he ever darkens the doors of Easter Road again he should be lead away to the other side of world by a massive bouncer and told he's no getting in.

Super_JMcGinn
12-04-2017, 10:56 AM
I feel that is their cause for disapproval as well, just purely the fact they don't like him which is pathetic.

Its the same squad basically that has failed twice before and if anything its a weaker squad this season that is succeeding in its objective.

I can't add up the sums that equate to people not approving or liking the job lennon is doing, It baffles me. Only reason I can see is as mentioned before.. just pure dislike of Nl.

People are entitled to their opinion without people like you calling them pathetic, it's a fans forum after all. I have to wonder if people like you who defend him to the hilt and brow beat others who disagree actually go to the games.

You can bang on all you like about we're going up but we're going up with a shocking goals for and points tally, we're going up because we're the best of a bad bunch.

I'm one of those who have never like lennon and have never hidden the fact but he became our manager and I wanted him to succeed like every other Hibs fan.

I hear constantly that he's a winner, I wish he'd start winning a few games at ER starting on Saturday, 7 home wins out of 15 in this league is what I call pathetic, regardless of where we sit.

Swedish hibee
12-04-2017, 11:11 AM
People are entitled to their opinion without people like you calling them pathetic, it's a fans forum after all. I have to wonder if people like you who defend him to the hilt and brow beat others who disagree actually go to the games.

You can bang on all you like about we're going up but we're going up with a shocking goals for and points tally, we're going up because we're the best of a bad bunch.

I'm one of those who have never like lennon and have never hidden the fact but he became our manager and I wanted him to succeed like every other Hibs fan.

I hear constantly that he's a winner, I wish he'd start winning a few games at ER starting on Saturday, 7 home wins out of 15 in this league is what I call pathetic, regardless of where we sit.

Well said.

bingo70
12-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Maybe if you read the posts people are putting up you'd get a better understanding?

I've got no beef with Neil Lennon, dont know the guy. People are concerned at the amount of draws we've had in such a poor league, the amount of goals we score and how bad the performances have been in this league. I personally think we are fortunate to be top and have found ourselves there due to the other teams not being able to put a run together. Our results over the last 10 games have been completely unacceptable for this division (2 wins out of 10 is it?)

Nothing to do with Neil Lennon as a personality and the above points are worthy of discussion imo, you also have to bare in mind nobody is asking for him to be sacked.

Keith_M
12-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Maybe if you read the posts people are putting up you'd get a better understanding?

I've got no beef with Neil Lennon, dont know the guy. People are concerned at the amount of draws we've had in such a poor league, the amount of goals we score and how bad the performances have been in this league. I personally think we are fortunate to be top and have found ourselves there due to the other teams not being able to put a run together. Our results over the last 10 games have been completely unacceptable for this division (2 wins out of 10 is it?)

Nothing to do with Neil Lennon as a personality and the above points are worthy of discussion imo, you also have to bare in mind nobody is asking for him to be sacked.

Cheers Bingo, you've put my exact thoughts into words.

:aok:

WeeRussell
12-04-2017, 11:32 AM

100%. If anything, he's grown on me personality wise. I have no problem with Lennon as a person. Nor do I want him sacked.. I do worry about the way we are playing going into next season however.

I would say it is more pathetic to group everyone who has a different opinion to you into one "dislikes Neil Lennon" camp, because it doesn't suit you. If he is working with a weaker squad, it is Lennon's signings that have weakened us... how does that work in your favour!?

I don't even see anyone moaning on here - only pointing out that our win ratio is poor (true), the football isn't good to watch (also true) and improvement is certainly needed for next season in a better league (again, true). The responsibility for our form right now, and going forward, ultimately lies with the manager.. hence the discussion, taking place on a forum designed for the very same.

Pathetic indeed.

WeeRussell
12-04-2017, 11:34 AM
100%. If anything, he's grown on me personality wise. I have no problem with Lennon as a person. Nor do I want him sacked.. I do worry about the way we are playing going into next season however.

I would say it is more pathetic to group everyone who has a different opinion to you into one "dislikes Neil Lennon" camp, because it doesn't suit you. If he is working with a weaker squad, it is Lennon's signings that have weakened us... how does that work in your favour!?

I don't even see anyone moaning on here - only pointing out that our win ratio is poor (true), the football isn't good to watch (also true) and improvement is certainly needed for next season in a better league (again, true). The responsibility for our form right now, and going forward, ultimately lies with the manager.. hence the discussion, taking place on a forum designed for the very same.

Pathetic indeed.

Obviously the second para isn't aimed at "you" Bingo :greengrin

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 11:50 AM

why would I be ersed defending him if I never went to games. winning games is irrelevant, accumulating enough points to win the league isn't.

Dobosz83
12-04-2017, 11:52 AM
I want Lennon to stay on next season and have a crack at the Premiership with us. I've enjoyed how he has stood for no nonsense and called it as it is with the SFA their match day 'officials'. That said I would be lying if I said I've enjoyed the football I've watched this season as at times its been turgid for long spells in games.

He will meet his objective of getting us up this season but I've become increasingly concerned by the infuriating number of draws we've had this season as well as the lacklustre performances. I appreciate we've been harder to beat and haven't lost many but I don't think that should be difficult against some of the sides in this division (Ayr, Dumbarton and Raith Rovers spring to mind).

I'm hoping for a decent budget next season and for him to carry on with us in the hope that he knows exactly what we need to improve dramatically next season. Some fans on here clearly have concerns as to whether he can achieve that and I can see why based on the last 10 league games...

stantonsboots
12-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Terry Butcher will forever hold that title. If he ever darkens the doors of Easter Road again he should be lead away to the other side of world by a massive bouncer and told he's no getting in.Agreed but if Henderson didn't deliver and sir david gray didn't bang it in the back of the huns net he would forever be know as the man who kept us in the second tier for 3 years!!!

Phil MaGlass
12-04-2017, 02:15 PM
i think he will stay, he would love a crack at the OF, I think,

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Well he is succeeding so why are you whining?

pacoluna
12-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Pathetic indeed.
who is grouping everyone? my response was directly to "some"

Originally Posted by Mikey09 http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5007044#post5007044)

Super_JMcGinn
12-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Well he is succeeding so why are you whining?

why would I be ersed defending him if I never went to games. winning games is irrelevant, accumulating enough points to win the league isn't.

After that quote I would have given up if I were you. :faf:

pacoluna
13-04-2017, 07:31 AM

After that quote I would have given up if I were you. :faf:

Thankfully we could win the league this weekend, not sure if you will be on the forum though, after all you are only ever on it when you have something to moan about which 99% of the time is about lennon.

Hibs win/loss/draw ratio is is irrelevant all that matters is we accumulate enough points to meet our objective.

Brightside
13-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Thankfully we could win the league this weekend, not sure if you will be on the forum though, after all you are only ever on it when you have something to moan about which 99% of the time is about lennon.

Hibs win/loss/draw ratio is is irrelevant all that matters is we accumulate enough points to meet our objective.

Of course is is relevant! You reckon fans are happy to sit and watch draws every week? Lennon main job is to get us promoted and he will do that clearly. But to say the performances don't matter is incredulous.

weonlywon6-2
13-04-2017, 07:41 AM
I believe he will stay,why would he leave after taking Hibs up ???
Teams play different in the premier league and Hibs will play a lot better than they have done this year.We have struggled in this league but are still well out in front and where we wanted to be,it was never going to be pretty

bingo70
13-04-2017, 07:46 AM
I believe he will stay,why would he leave after taking Hibs up ???
Teams play different in the premier league and Hibs will play a lot better than they have done this year.We have struggled in this league but are still well out in front and where we wanted to be,it was never going to be pretty

Why was it never going to be pretty?

Hearts got promoted in a much more difficult league while scoring loads of goals, why couldn't we do that?

pacoluna
13-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Of course is is relevant! You reckon fans are happy to sit and watch draws every week? Lennon main job is to get us promoted and he will do that clearly. But to say the performances don't matter is incredulous.
well i'm guessing our league attendances are maintained and driven through our league position not by how many games we have won considering we have drew a lot. As Lennon has said we have this reputation of playing the "Hibs way". The only ever time I have seen us play that way and consequently be successful is under mowbray. I would much rather us be a strong team who are hard to beat than be pretty to watch yet inconsistent after all that is why we have been in this division for 3 years.

Smartie
13-04-2017, 08:31 AM
It's funny how opinions on managers always seem to be so polarised, black and white, they're either brilliant or pish and should have contracts extended or be punted.

I think that the vast majority are different shades of average and Lennon is no different. He has his strengths and his weaknesses and he has had his successes and his failures as our manager. Our best managers have had their bad points (Mowbray and his goalkeepers) and our worst could have defences made for them (probably apart from Butcher).

The fact that Lennon is on the point of delivering what he set out to deliver is surely the most important factor when assessing how well he's done.

And if there's one thing that the last 10 years have taught me is that when it comes to managers, the Lee Wallace certainly isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

There are a lot of Butchers, Calderwoods and Duffys who would jump at the chance to take over from Lennon.

WeeRussell
13-04-2017, 09:09 AM
who is grouping everyone? my response was directly to "some"

Originally Posted by Mikey09 http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5007044#post5007044)

Might be more apt to quote what you actually said yourself...

"I can't add up the sums that equate to people not approving or liking the job lennon is doing, It baffles me. Only reason I can see is as mentioned before.. just pure dislike of Nl."

I assumed that was generally meaning anyone that disagrees Lennon is doing a great job. I take your point though, that you are replying to an original post aimed at "some".

Northernhibee
13-04-2017, 01:13 PM

What a load of *****.

Lago
13-04-2017, 01:29 PM
I am really not sure what Lennon will do a the end of the season but, one thing is for sure Stubbs will not be back at ER.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2017, 03:55 PM
It's funny how opinions on managers always seem to be so polarised, black and white, they're either brilliant or pish and should have contracts extended or be punted.

I think that the vast majority are different shades of average and Lennon is no different. He has his strengths and his weaknesses and he has had his successes and his failures as our manager. Our best managers have had their bad points (Mowbray and his goalkeepers) and our worst could have defences made for them (probably apart from Butcher).

The fact that Lennon is on the point of delivering what he set out to deliver is surely the most important factor when assessing how well he's done.

And if there's one thing that the last 10 years have taught me is that when it comes to managers, the Lee Wallace certainly isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

There are a lot of Butchers, Calderwoods and Duffys who would jump at the chance to take over from Lennon.

I dont see that with Lennon, 99% of folk are pleased we are finally out this piss poor league, but a fair percentage of them just think we should have done it sooner and better.