PDA

View Full Version : Last Game of the Season

hibby rae
10-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know the likelihood of the last round of fixtures being switched from the 6th to the 7th? I know this can happen for the Premiership but can't remember if it happened to us last year. Had a look on online but couldn't see anything (this is all purely cause I'm looking at going away the week before and I'm looking at my options for flights to book).

jgl07
10-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know the likelihood of the last round of fixtures being switched from the 6th to the 7th? I know this can happen for the Premiership but can't remember if it happened to us last year. Had a look on online but couldn't see anything (this is all purely cause I'm looking at going away the week before and I'm looking at my options for flights to book).
Why would they switch all the fixtures at a late stage?

The English Premier League and the English Championship plays the last round on a Sunday but it is scheduled at the start of the season. The Scottish Premiership has the bottom six on a different day to the top six again arranged well in advance.

It's hardly likely to be a nailbiter as Hibs will be confirmed as Champions weeks before. Also the Premiership play-off positions are pretty well done and dusted. The only real interest will be as to who finished bottom (probably Ayr or Raith) and who ends up in the Championship play-off position (the two mentioned or Dumbarton).

In any event, Sky and BT have already scheduled their their fixtures for that weekend:

Man City v Palace (6 May 12:30)
Swansea v Everton (6 May 17:30)
Liverpool v Southampton (7 May 13:30)
Arsenal v Manchester United (7 May 16:00)
Chelsea v Middlebrough (8 May 20:00)

Plus selected match(es) from the English Championship (7 May 12:00)

I doubt they will find room to televise more matches on the Sunday.

Fuzzywuzzy
10-04-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm gutted I'll be missing it. Started a new job and I'm working the 6th!!,😟

Radium
10-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Why would they switch all the fixtures at a late stage?

The English Premier League and the English Championship plays the last round on a Sunday but it is scheduled at the start of the season. The Scottish Premiership has the bottom six on a different day to the top six again arranged well in advance.

It's hardly likely to be a nailbiter as Hibs will be confirmed as Champions weeks before. Also the Premiership play-off positions are pretty well done and dusted. The only real interest will be as to who finished bottom (probably Ayr or Raith) and who ends up in the Championship play-off position (the two mentioned or Dumbarton).

In any event, Sky and BT have already scheduled their their fixtures for that weekend:

Man City v Palace (6 May 12:30)
Swansea v Everton (6 May 17:30)
Liverpool v Southampton (7 May 13:30)
Arsenal v Manchester United (7 May 16:00)
Chelsea v Middlebrough (8 May 20:00)

Plus selected match(es) from the English Championship (7 May 12:00)

I doubt they will find room to televise more matches on the Sunday.

Was done previously when TRFC game was moved. Sure there was a real stooshie as all games were moved after a complaint from us. Alloa and Falkirk had already sold hospitality and the lunchtime kick off cost them income

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudster
10-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Aye that was a $h1t storm and a half!
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13210047.SPFL_perform_u_turn_on_Rangers_match_foll owing_backlash/

Rangers & Hearts moved to the Sunday when 2nd place hadn't been secured by us or the rangers :confused:

hibbysam
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Aye that was a $h1t storm and a half!
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13210047.SPFL_perform_u_turn_on_Rangers_match_foll owing_backlash/

Rangers & Hearts moved to the Sunday when 2nd place hadn't been secured by us or the rangers :confused:

Which then made an arse of last year as all positions were settled when they moved all games to the Sunday due to Rangers being on TV. Because clubs complained the year before, it resulted in all games being moved rather than that one.

lord bunberry
10-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Which then made an arse of last year as all positions were settled when they moved all games to the Sunday due to Rangers being on TV. Because clubs complained the year before, it resulted in all games being moved rather than that one.
The positions weren't settled. We could've finished second if we had won by 4(I think) goals.

hibbysam
10-04-2017, 08:54 PM
The positions weren't settled. We could've finished second if we had won by 4(I think) goals.

That's true, however neither us nor Falkirk needed our game to be moved from the Saturday. They moved them because of the fuss made the year before.