PDA

View Full Version : Development game v Celtic

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Hibs at home tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday), 2pm at Oriam. Maybe a chance for some of the school kids on holiday, to see some of our up and coming stars

Nakedmanoncrack
10-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Hibs at home tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday), 2pm at Oriam. Maybe a chance for some of the school kids on holiday, to see some of our up and coming stars

I'll be there, also possibly a chance to see the delivery man in the wrong shirt I would have thought.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 12:01 PM
I'll be there, also possibly a chance to see the delivery man in the wrong shirt I would have thought.

More like his younger brother

GreenCastle
10-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Indoors or outdoors ?

Also have Celtic won the Development league? Is there a prize for that..considering it's a development league ??

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Indoors or outdoors ?

Also have Celtic won the Development league? Is there a prize for that..considering it's a development league ??

Indoor. Celtic haven't won the league, think Ross County are top

GreenCastle
10-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Indoor. Celtic haven't won the league, think Ross County are top

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Thanks - Yes - sorry been a while since I checked the table.

Celtic with 2 games in hand.

I see 1st May - Hearts v Hibs at 7pm - was at the first game at Oriam - feels like ages ago.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2017, 02:14 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Thanks - Yes - sorry been a while since I checked the table.

Celtic with 2 games in hand.

I see 1st May - Hearts v Hibs at 7pm - was at the first game at Oriam - feels like ages ago.

We play County away next week

Brightside
11-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Hibernian starting line-up: Dabrowski, Donaldson, Mackie, Porteous, Waugh, Stirling, Harris, S.Martin, Shaw, Humphrey, F.Murray

Hibs 1-0 up Shaw after minutes.

Brightside
11-04-2017, 01:10 PM
subs: I.Murray, Gullan, O'Connor, Gallantes, P.Martin

stantonhibby
11-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Hibernian starting line-up: Dabrowski, Donaldson, Mackie, Porteous, Waugh, Stirling, Harris, S.Martin, Shaw, Humphrey, F.Murray

Good to see Humphrey back

offshorehibby
11-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Hibernian FC‏Verified account @HibsOfficial 11m11 minutes ago
More
GOAL!! Shaw

Onceinawhile
11-04-2017, 01:18 PM
First person to suggest putting Shaw into the team this weekend should be banned.

SMAXXA
11-04-2017, 01:20 PM
First person to suggest putting Shaw into the team this weekend should be banned.

😂😂😂😂

Big_Franck
11-04-2017, 01:28 PM

Why not? He's banging them in for the development side. If we never give him a chance we'll never know if he's good enough.

Brightside
11-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Why not? He's banging them in for the development side. If we never give him a chance we'll never know if he's good enough.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

offshorehibby
11-04-2017, 01:31 PM

Because, for the umpteenth time he can't play because of the type of loan he's on, a development loan.

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 01:43 PM

He's not even been a starter for Stenhousemuir recently so not ready for us yet. Patience is required.

Brightside
11-04-2017, 01:52 PM
HT 1-0 Hibs... chances for both. Porteus booked for Hibs after 35 mins.

offshorehibby
11-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Hibernian FC‏Verified account @HibsOfficial 4m4 minutes ago
More
Hibs lead by a goal to nil at the break, courtesy of a well taken strike from Oli Shaw. A fine showing from the youngsters in the opening 45

Billy Whizz
11-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Good 1st half from Hibs, Celtic had plenty possession, but haven't created many chances

Big_Franck
11-04-2017, 02:10 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I got a couple :greengrin

Brightside
11-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Humphrey off..... perhaps with a view to the weekend.

Big_Franck
11-04-2017, 02:21 PM
How has Dabrowski done?

Marco G
11-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Lennie did say he might change the way we play, specially using the space at Hampden. Good to have more options.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
11-04-2017, 02:23 PM

Good team

11-04-2017, 02:28 PM

Was Humphrey any good?

Brightside
11-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Celtic score. 1-1. Im not at the game. Im sure Billy will give us an overview later.

leither17
11-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Any first team players in the Celtic squad

Brightside
11-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Any first team players in the Celtic squad

Nope. Liams brother is on the bench.

oconnors_strip
11-04-2017, 02:44 PM
2-1 hibs Fraser Murray! Not long to go

Brightside
11-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Fraser Murray makes it 2-1 for Hibs.

oconnors_strip
11-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Full time 2-1 hibs.

4 points from the top and 6 ahead of Celtic

oconnors_strip
11-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Brilliant performance from all the hibs players today, we controlled the game and never gave up.

The remaining games are going to be tight!

Unseen work
11-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Fraser Murray seems to chip in with a decent amount of goals for a midfielder

GreenCastle
11-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Hibs dominated 1st half and overall 2-1 probably a fair result.

2nd half Celtic came out more but Hibs still saw a lot of the ball.

Watched the Dev team several times this season and today I was really impressed once again with the players playing.

There are many talented players and I really hope some of them are given a chance of 1st team football.

Harris was excellent - centre backs strong as always - Martin very good - Shaw a threat - full backs worked socks off. Keeepr very talkative and commanded his area.

Very exciting for future of the club if these guys keep this up.

houstonhibbee
11-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Great to hear Harris did well

hfcok
11-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Thought the big keeper was excellent. Great diving header when he came out off his box as cellic player was running through.

Tamhere1875
11-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Humphrey looks far from being match fit needs a few more games under his belt before even thinking of getting back in the first team squad

Billy Whizz
11-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Boy, that was a great game. 2 good teams playing fast flowing passing football. Hibs throughly deserved this win, strong at the back, creative in midfielder and willing runners up front. Also really enjoyed watching Celtic no 7,Michael Johnson, cracking little player

Onto the game, Hibs lined up 352, with both our wing backs given the license to get forward. Celtic had a bit of possession in the 1st half, but Hibs created the better chances, and could have been more than 1-0 up.
2nd half probably mirrored the 1st, but Celtic got an equaliser probably against the run of play, and for 5/10 mins I thought they'd go on and win it! Hibs dug in and scored a great winner. Excellent play from Callum Donaldson and Shaw, and Donaldson cut the ball across for Fraser Murray to score with a left foot just inside the box. Oli should have added a 3rd, but keeper made a good save.
Pluses for Hibs 1st team was Humphrey getting 45 mins, played as a striker, and Harris getting 90 mins, again playing in a central role, old inside forward position, and breaking wide when his required, wish we would play him in that role in the 1st team

Some cracking talent in this development team, most of us know the ones who've been getting the praise this season, I don't generally like to single out performances at this level, but a player I really like and gets better every game, is the right back Callum Donaldson. Only 17, reminds me of Steven Whittaker, great engine and delivers a great ball in

Neil Lennon and Garry Parker were there as well, Lennon shouting encouragement to the young players throughout the match, and offering advise to them on position play, Isn't it great that we have a manager who goes to most our games at this level, and contributes as well. Really shows his commitment to the job

GreenCastle
11-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Boy, that was a great game. 2 good teams playing fast flowing passing football. Hibs throughly deserved this win, strong at the back, creative in midfielder and willing runners up front. Also really enjoyed watching Celtic no 7,Michael Johnson, cracking little player

Onto the game, Hibs lined up 352, with both our wing backs given the license to get forward. Celtic had a bit of possession in the 1st half, but Hibs created the better chances, and could have been more than 1-0 up.
2nd half probably mirrored the 1st, but Celtic got an equaliser probably against the run of play, and for 5/10 mins I thought they'd go on and win it! Hibs dug in and scored a great winner. Excellent play from Callum Donaldson and Shaw, and Donaldson cut the ball across for Fraser Murray to score with a left foot just inside the box. Oli should have added a 3rd, but keeper made a good save.
Pluses for Hibs 1st team was Humphrey getting 45 mins, played as a striker, and Harris getting 90 mins, again playing in a central role, old inside forward position, and breaking wide when his required, wish we would play him in that role in the 1st team

Some cracking talent in this development team, most of us know the ones who've been getting the praise this season, I don't generally like to single out performances at this level, but a player I really like and gets better every game, is the right back Callum Donaldson. Only 17, reminds me of Steven Whittaker, great engine and delivers a great ball in

Neil Lennon and Garry Parker were there as well, Lennon shouting encouragement to the young players throughout the match, and offering advise to them on position play, Isn't it great that we have a manager who goes to most our games at this level, and contributes as well. Really shows his commitment to the job

Good summary.

Agree about Harris - had a license to float about and looked very dangerous and linked up play. He looked like the old Harris - maybe a role for him going forward rather than stuck on the wing.

1st time I've seen this keeper - can someone tell me more about him ?

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2017, 08:39 PM
http://us.soccerway.com/national/scotland/development-league/20162017/regular-season/r35655/

3 points to be added for today takes the laddies 2 points ahead of hamilton with a game more played, hamilton play bottom team st.johnstone on friday

Billy Whizz
11-04-2017, 09:19 PM
http://us.soccerway.com/national/scotland/development-league/20162017/regular-season/r35655/

3 points to be added for today takes the laddies 2 points ahead of hamilton with a game more played, hamilton play bottom team st.johnstone on friday

Ended 2-2

Highlights of the day was Baldy Foghorn and Tam1875, directing the traffic into the various car parks, at the Oriam pre match
Knew we'd end up having having a use for them at the games😄

greenlex
11-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Ended 2-2

Highlights of the day was Baldy Foghorn and Tam1875, directing the traffic into the various car parks, at the Oriam pre match

What ended 2-2 Billy?

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Ended 2-2

ah right, just as well i didn't get a chance to put a wad of cash on hamilton beating them then :greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-04-2017, 09:37 PM
What ended 2-2 Billy?

Hamilton v St Johnstone

greenlex
11-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Hamilton v St Johnstone

👍 I git confused.

frazeHFC
11-04-2017, 10:55 PM
So are we 4 points behind with 3 games to go, the next of which is away at the leaders Ross County?

Andy74
11-04-2017, 11:00 PM
So are we 4 points behind with 3 games to go, the next of which is away at the leaders Ross County?

This shouldn't matter really. It's all about getting players into the first team. League position might be an interesting marker as to what level of talent we have but quite often isn't. I think we've been too concerned in the past with results and positions at that level. It's not what is important.

frazeHFC
11-04-2017, 11:04 PM
This shouldn't matter really. It's all about getting players into the first team. League position might be an interesting marker as to what level of talent we have but quite often isn't. I think we've been too concerned in the past with results and positions at that level. It's not what is important.

I agree with that, the team that won the double a while back didn't exactly produce many good players for us, but would still be nice for the team to end the season as champions. A first team and development squad double.

Mikey09
11-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Anyone tell me how Ben Stirling played?

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2017, 11:05 AM

Good game yesterday imo

Billy Whizz
12-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Played centre of a 3 man central defence yesteday, thought he gave an excellent display. Ben's problem is his versatility. In the last 2/3 games he's played centre half, right back and midfield!

Next week's crucial game against Ross County has been confirmed as Tuesday 18th April, 6pm KO, at Global Energy Stadium Dingwall!

Tamhere1875
12-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to a wee trip up to Dingwall

Cod Boy
18-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Currently losing 2.0 in Dingwall.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Defensive mistakes cost both goals

Billy Whizz
18-04-2017, 06:51 PM
2-0 ft
We huffed and puffed 2nd half, had a few chances, but couldn't put them away

frazeHFC
19-04-2017, 09:22 AM
They have the big crowd they were expecting?

Mikey09
19-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Good game yesterday imo

Played centre of a 3 man central defence yesteday, thought he gave an excellent display. Ben's problem is his versatility. In the last 2/3 games he's played centre half, right back and midfield!

Next week's crucial game against Ross County has been confirmed as Tuesday 18th April, 6pm KO, at Global Energy Stadium Dingwall!

I agree. I really rate Ben but he seems to be suffering from the "Ian Murray syndrome" where he can play many positions. If he gets near the 1st team that may be a huge asset but it's not doing his development any favours just now. He's a big, athletic lad who is really good on the ball. Loves a tackle as well! A nicer lad you wouldn't meet. Hope he makes it.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2017, 11:00 AM
They have the big crowd they were expecting?

Decent crowd for this level, maybe 750 or so

Billy Whizz
19-04-2017, 11:01 AM
I agree. I really rate Ben but he seems to be suffering from the "Ian Murray syndrome" where he can play many positions. If he gets near the 1st team that may be a huge asset but it's not doing his development any favours just now. He's a big, athletic lad who is really good on the ball. Loves a tackle as well! A nicer lad you wouldn't meet. Hope he makes it.

Ben wasn't in the squad yesterday, presume he's injured

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-04-2017, 11:42 AM

Excellent report mate :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Ben wasn't in the squad yesterday, presume he's injured

Illness Billy