PDA

View Full Version : The phoenix rising from the flames ?

swordin3
10-04-2017, 07:37 AM
If we eventually get promotion,how will we fair ? After some tough times, disappointments and then the greatest day of all our footballing lives where are we going?
It would be fantastic if next season (if promoted) we consolidate a top five or six place then the following season top three. The fans have supported in a big way this season the biggest average crowds since the 70's. Is it realistic to believe we make some good signings then manage to keep rising up the table bringing record no's to Easter road in the next few years.
The Scottish cup win has been the obvious trigger to this rise in interest of our great club, Can we sustain the fan's interest and help make us at least the third force in Scottish football in the next three years.
If the board can back Lennon as much as the fans have with many buying seasons for the first time in 5 or ten years , I feel with the right signings we can keep up the momentum and build on this.
Or (if promoted) are we going to struggle next season flirting with relegation again losing any of the excitement and hopefulness we have built up this season.
As there is still a lot to play for this season is it too much to hope for we win all our remaining league games get to the Scottish cup final and win it again . If this was to happen we might have to fill in the corners then build a second tier on to the East terracing :wink: European football ,champions league ,sellouts every home game . :scarf:
Anyway back to reality can we beat QOS on Saturday or is it going to be a blackboard scratching struggle to gain the points required.:rolleyes:

snooky
10-04-2017, 07:41 AM
If we eventually get promotion,how will we fair ? After some tough times, disappointments and then the greatest day of all our footballing lives where are we going?
It would be fantastic if next season (if promoted) we consolidate a top five or six place then the following season top three. The fans have supported in a big way this season the biggest average crowds since the 70's. Is it realistic to believe we make some good signings then manage to keep rising up the table bringing record no's to Easter road in the next few years.
The Scottish cup win has been the obvious trigger to this rise in interest of our great club, Can we sustain the fan's interest and help make us at least the third force in Scottish football in the next three years.
If the board can back Lennon as much as the fans have with many buying seasons for the first time in 5 or ten years , I feel with the right signings we can keep up the momentum and build on this.
Or (if promoted) are we going to struggle next season flirting with relegation again losing any of the excitement and hopefulness we have built up this season.
As there is still a lot to play for this season is it too much to hope for we win all our remaining league games get to the Scottish cup final and win it again . If this was to happen we might have to fill in the corners then build a second tier on to the East terracing :wink: European football ,champions league ,sellouts every home game . :scarf:
Anyway back to reality can we beat QOS on Saturday or is it going to be a blackboard scratching struggle to gain the points required.:rolleyes:
We are Hibs - we don't do things the easy way. :wink:

Ronniekirk
10-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Back to reality There should be no pressure going into the Queen of the South game The Title is ours its only a matter of time when we are Officially crowned Champions
injuries have deprived us of consistency and partly led to us drawing too many games , coupled with not getting the rub of the green and us not being able to score enough goals
However we won our first five League games and am surprised we haven't managed to go and repeat that at some stage
Based on the number of very poor games i have seen us play this season i am amazed at the crowds we are getting
Compare todays team to Turnbulls Tornadoes and the difference is night snd day
The Scottish Cup has continued to be the Catalyst and would love it if we could reach the Final again Also think fans expected Lennon to get us up and with Rangers and Hearts out the way expected us to run away with the League
So can we continue this feel good factor Sales to date ( despite the slow down in last two days ) suggest when it comes to the Cup games yes we can
Season Ticket Sales for next Season are also ahead of where they were this time last Season However i would think we are going to make better signings for next Season than some of our most recent ones, and Lennon has now acknowledged that
That for me is the key to whether we can Match this Seasons Sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk